The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape EP - What are you most disappointed about?

iraeshiniraeshin Posts: 163 Member
edited December 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
For me it's the fact that futons are not included in this EP.
Wish EA would've took that extra step to really soak that Asian culture in the pack since they were already making a Japanese themed pack.
tumblr_mrvims5wr21rd43h2o5_500.gif
Post edited by EA_Lanna on

Comments

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Honestly just dumb little things like the doors, there's only one single tile door and it has a window in it so it's useless for bathrooms or bedrooms, the kitchen counters don't have a matching set of wall cabinets and there's no "closed" variation, and the train station being completely and utterly useless.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,899 Member
    I would have liked a closed variation of the counters as well, and matching cabinets.
    Onverser wrote: »
    Honestly just dumb little things like the doors, there's only one single tile door and it has a window in it so it's useless for bathrooms or bedrooms, the kitchen counters don't have a matching set of wall cabinets and there's no "closed" variation, and the train station being completely and utterly useless.

• Options
    freindlylolfreindlylol Posts: 359 Member
    so far festevials think i spelled it wrong but only went to one and no one there and no mascot nothing going on there
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Absolutely Nothing !!!!
  • Options
    iraeshiniraeshin Posts: 163 Member
    @TamakiSakura84 Let's try not to disrespect anyone by bringing up painful historic meanings related to what is now removed from the pack.

Besides that, rice cooker? Genius..
    I wonder why that never came across my mind :open_mouth:
    tumblr_mrvims5wr21rd43h2o5_500.gif
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Well, rentals are rabbit holes.
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    I'm also sad that the festivals didn't include goldfish scooping booths, and there was no Bon Dance for the Festival of Lights.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I’m disappointed that the new festivals seem a bit meh, especially the snow festival.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited November 2020
    Just little things like the lack of futons, traditional tea ceremonies/tea sets, traditional dances and maybe some traditional carnival games at the festivals. Minor nitpick, but I'm also disappointed in the lack of large family homes, or should I say, homes that are more than just two bedrooms (this has been a pet-peeve of mine for the last few packs tbh). There are a few other things I'm disappointed in, but to avoid getting this comment deleted I won't say much more. :)
    Post edited by halloweenchild on
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    edited November 2020
    I love the festivals in city living and I like seasons and I have island living for swimming. I should love this pack because I love Japanese culture but it feels too similar to packs I have already. Skiing and sledding isn't particularly interesting to me.
    Post edited by Nekia33painter on
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,089 Member
    edited November 2020
    top 10 :( points that made me wait for a sale:

1. no futons
    because it just feels like such a big need when you build old japanese houses

and it would have also expanded other possibilities like sleeping bags (which would have really fit the hiking theme)

the futons( and sleeping bags) could have also been portable which would have been very handy for tiny homes or even like making laavu or something in the woods would have been real cool or sleepovers..

2. no tea set or other options for tea making that would free us from the awful base game teamaker that looks like cheap coffee machine and probably makes real nasty bag tea

i would have especially loved to have either traditional but fancy looking tea set for like drink tray usability or then i would have loved to have indoor firepit like this
    the_japanese_hearth_5354.jpg for cooking and warming up and making some tea and such since well mt.k is cold place and it would have fit right in

3. the build objects with pretty paintings on them lacking in swatches and the painting door especially i would have loved to see 4 tiles wide or bigger doors for bigger walls

4. also the lack of round shoji windows and doors is just sad in general

5. no low table without heating & blanket
    this one is just silly because people would have low table all year around not just winter do you want them to sweat in kotatsu all year what am i supposed to use for summer time

6. no cool traditional dance
    7. no cool traditional instruments
    8. the world being infested with unusable shells everywhere i would have liked a more rural area as well with less of that
    9. lacking swatches for the traditional outfits
    10. rock garden being just flooring and not activity

oh and also: no games at kotatsu which sigh is more of a game tables being separate table problem though
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I like it so far but there are a few comments that I have:

- I like the Japanese theme and world but for the whole concept of winter, I would like to also have several other mountain settings. I'm glad to see Japan but I don't want that to be the only way to experience mountains.
    - I agree with the comment that there should be a culture skill of some kind.
    - I would also like a new tea set.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,179 Member
    So far I love my new World & the new gameplay. My only concern is why the Snowy Escape picture didn't replace Eco Living picture in my Sims 4 page?
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member

This pretty much sums up all my disappointments as well.

• Options
    Alwe1507Alwe1507 Posts: 328 Member
    bixters wrote: »
    The fact that it's not a Gamepack.
    $40 is way too expensive for what you're getting: 1 world, some winter activities that can only be done in 1 world, recycled features from other packs (festivals from City Living, rock climbing from Fitness Stuff). Lifestyles are kind of interesting but I don't feel like there are enough negative Lifestyles to balance out the positive Lifestyles.
    Also, the absence of tea ceremonies, futons, Karate, snow mobiles and a culture skill.
    I feel like there's more content in Jungle Adventure for half the price.

Ah, another Game Pack being upsold as an Expansion Pack, is it? That's enough for me to wait until a 50% sale.
    iraeshin wrote: »
    @TamakiSakura84 Let's try not to disrespect anyone by bringing up painful historic meanings related to what is now removed from the pack.

Huh?

@Simmingal - what do you mean unusable shells?
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    The removal of proper shrine etiquette.

Also, the lack of common Japanese household items like:
    • futon
    • chabudai and zaisu
    • rice cooker
    • toilet with an inbuilt sink
    • tea set

Sorry if this is a dumb question but what's a futon? I looked it up and it looks exactly the same as the couch that came with the pack
    xBnE0To.png
    Birch-Double-Trifold-Quad-V2-3-panel-futon-Feb2018.jpg
  • Options
    stewbystewby Posts: 79 Member
    Sorry if this is a dumb question but what's a futon? I looked it up and it looks exactly the same as the couch that came with the pack
    xBnE0To.png
    Birch-Double-Trifold-Quad-V2-3-panel-futon-Feb2018.jpg

A futon works the same as a sofa bed. The futon and mattress fold out to make a sleeping area.
    :)

I have missed the festival of lights (due to playing soccer every night apart from Sundays). The Snow festival is a wee bit meh. I expected a bit more but maybe that is just me.
    I cannot figure out how to do the voidcritter thing, is that because I am missing a pack?? The festival of youth is a bit dull if you are an adult. I am hoping adults can still collect the voidcritters.
    :/
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,089 Member
    edited November 2020
    @Simmingal - what do you mean unusable shells?

I mean the background buildings that are there just for background and don't offer anything for the gameplay

while simultaneously

1. limiting builders options with what to build on lots if they want to keep neighborhood architecturally cohesive
    2. making neighborhood feel like ghost town because the lots are not close to each other due to the fake houses in between
    3. annoying the heck out of me personally

i would have much rather had at least one of the neighborhoods with less of the fake buildings and maybe more of rural vibes so i could then

1. build whatever i want without visual clash
    2. pretend my households are only sims living there
    3. had more of those hiking etc vibes but living in the middle of that not in a town
    4. pretend its time period before those type of houses were built
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Nothing so far I am really enjoying the pack :)
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member

Correct me if I am wrong to get an rental you must enter rabbit holes and it is not like being at the Sims home?
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,217 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Correct me if I am wrong to get an rental you must enter rabbit holes and it is not like being at the Sims home?

No a rental is the same as living at home only you are using it for a set amount of time.
    My couple just stayed 3 days but did get an option to extend. The cooked their own meals and had to clean etc. I didn't try hiring a maid but I presume you can while you stay?
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    edited November 2020
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

No a rental is the same as living at home only you are using it for a set amount of time.
    My couple just stayed 3 days but did get an option to extend. The cooked their own meals and had to clean etc. I didn't try hiring a maid but I presume you can while you stay?

Oh okay thanks for the info and I like that setup, I was confused about the comment of something being being an rabbit hole.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    EnnaelEnnael Posts: 86 Member
    The godawful colors of all the winter wear. Lack of mittens. And that the swimsuit showering is tied to the bathhouse lot type, I really want swimsuit showers for my pools.
    50617862938_30d24ee877_o.gif