Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues after patch.

Comments

• Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    kkellyy15 wrote: »
    Since updating, I also cannot open my game at all. I have repaired the game, I have downloaded and installed the C++ file that was mentioned earlier in the thread, and I have generated a new sims 4 file. It still won't open. The error says that the game is already running, even though I've restarted my computer multiple times. I would put a picture of the error message, but I can't attach a picture.

This is the same problem I am having and I have tried everything to fix it. I imagine it is running in some alternate universe and My Sims are slowly starving to death and will be dead by the time the game is fixed.
  • Options
    Pcjunky13Pcjunky13 Posts: 407 Member
    Ya this has happened to me at least three times it doesn't crash, crash per-say it just says "The Sims 4 has stopped working" luckily I keep saving so I don't lose stuff. Also twice now the sound even has the digital sound that hurt my ears twice, it happened right before it bugged and it didn't do this before the update, I played this morning before it launched
  • Options
    LumigensLumigens Posts: 41 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    My game launches fine, but it just completely crashed out of nowhere whilst playing. My sim is a scientist and upon arriving at the lab the game just went.

Really hope it's not the career that's broken as that's what my entire gameplay is centered around currently and it'd take ages to get fixed as not everybody uses it regularly :s

This happened to me too, I was just getting my sim to jump into a dumpster and it crashed. I very rarely crashed before, but now it happens at odd times.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,762 Member
    edited November 2020
    spend4zen wrote: »
    I have tried all these and I am still getting an error message that The Sims4 is already running and the game wont launch. I play on Windows 10 alienware, completly updated, and have uninstalled, reinstalled both Origin and sims4. Nothing works.

Here is the Answer HQ post. Crinrict have posted links to suggestions that you could try, one user got it working after changing their permissions so that their Electronic Arts folder in Documents have read/write permissions for all users on your computer.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,215 Member
    Has anyone else had a message pop up when they load into a household saying ea has removed 2 items? It keeps happening in all my saves both with and without cc in the game. At first I thought it was because I took the cc out of my game before the update and when I put it back in the message still pops up. I haven’t seen anyone else have this issue.
  • Options
    TashiTashi Posts: 46 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    Has anyone else had a message pop up when they load into a household saying ea has removed 2 items? It keeps happening in all my saves both with and without cc in the game. At first I thought it was because I took the cc out of my game before the update and when I put it back in the message still pops up. I haven’t seen anyone else have this issue.

I've had this happen today but it has also periodically happened prior to this patch. I have never discovered anything missing.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,715 Member
    Regarding the aftermath of the latest patch for some users, is this error something to do with changes to the files which can make your antivirus block the game? As this happened to me after the last patch so I had to add Origin and TS4 to my AVG. I only had the issue on my Win 10 laptop, and not my Win 8.1.
    Still not installing this patch until I see things have been resolved. I'm currently in offline mode.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited November 2020
    What is going on? There’s enough smoke here that there has to be a fire.

Users shouldn’t have to download runtime packages or mess around with NTFS permissions. This is ludicrous. Not sure how it made it through testing.

Glad I’m not playing these days.
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 3,004 Member
    Yup, this happened to me too. Dang it. I usually don’t have post patch issues, looks like I do now.
  • Options
    SimsfreakmaniacSimsfreakmaniac Posts: 140 Member
    Just had this happen to me. No CC or mods. Game never crashes previous to this incident. I was playing prior to the crash with a former save for hours. Started a new save, built a house using the new platform and was able to play for two sim days, travelled to the gym before it black-screened and returned me to origin. Relaunch the game, uploaded the same sim and house from my gallery played for one sim day, travelled to a nightclub and encountered another problem with an audio loop of simlish. The game didn't crash but the loop didn't end regardless of what I did (build mode, travelling home). Saved the game and tried to exit it but then it stuck. Task manager said the game was not responding.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Great I can't play unless I do the update - is there no way around this?
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 3,004 Member
    I don’t have a lastCrash file in my Sims 4 folder. Sounds odd to me.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,361 Member
    Just added my entry over on the answers HQ thread. And repairing my game isn't an option, since it maxes out my CPU for some reason. I was building fine earlier in an old save, but I started a new save and wound up with a UI exception, a Last Exception, and then a crash (according to the files in my EA folder.)
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member

Offline mode?
  • Options
    So_Money wrote: »

Offline mode?

Yes, I've just finished playing in offline mode. Thank goodness we still have an option to play without installing the patch!
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options

Go into Origin. Top left hand corner>Origin, scroll down and hit offline mode. It then doesn't come up with update available, and you can still play. You just won't be able to access the gallery, but that's no great loss for the time being. Good luck.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    SimQARoboSimQARobo Posts: 248 SimQA
    Hello again.

If anyone is still running into this error with MSVCP140.DLL or VCRUNTIME140.DLL, can you please send screenshot(s) or text of the list of "Microsoft Visual C++" Redistributables you have installed? You can find these in the list of installed programs/apps on your computer.
    If I don't actively respond here, I'm sorry. I can get a bit busy over at https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/ct-p/the-sims-4-en
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,459 Member
    edited November 2020
    At Answers HQ, player @JuliaChang93 found a simple fix for the problem.

1) Go to the room in build mode and just remove one piece of fence around the stairs.
    2) This will make lots of grey tiles appear.
    3) Take the build mode hammer and delete the grey tiles by clicking on them
    4) Close the hole in the fence.
    5) The stairs will work again.

Discussion here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Open-staircase-cause-routing-failures/m-p/9718264#M160601
  • Options
    Chomper88Chomper88 Posts: 32 Member
    When I try to load the game, it looks like it is going to open, then opens Origin in the Games Library on the Sims 4 asking me to press play. If I press play, it closes it, then reopens it at the play screen again. attached is my Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables downloaded

https://imgur.com/a/HolXgeZ
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    edited November 2020
    @luthienrising , thanks, I've posted in the AHQ thread linked with all the files Crin asked. Game crashed second time for me today. Yesterday hubby suggested updating video-card drivers. So I did. But this isn't helping either.

@Lucy_Henley First time I didn't get lastcrash as well. Today I did get it.
    Post edited by Harukotyan on
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

1) Go to the room in build mode and just remove one piece of fence around the stairs.

Discussion here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Open-staircase-cause-routing-failures/m-p/9718264#M160601

Thank you so so much!

I have several community-lots which use lofts with stair so keep them open and easy to see sims in.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member

Discussion here:

That's interesting because if I remember right deleting the grey tiles while space is open used to delete the whole floor. If what you described is how it works now, it seems like it was fixed rather than broken.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited November 2020

Discussion here:

That seems to work, hopefully that'll only be a temporary workaround though and the actual bug will be fixed

Also found that the workaround deletes the ceiling and the only way of getting a ceiling back is with the room tool which is an issue for tiny homes as it adds a ton more tiles
  • Options
    twinklestick twinklestick Posts: 19 Member
    I’m getting this problem too, crashes about every 20 minutes.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Same here. I've only been in game once since the patch and haven't played through properly but as soon as my sim changed lot the game just closed. No explanation or acknowledgment after