Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There may be hope for hotels yet in Snowy Escape

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Wasn’t there a leak on galley recently with the new lot choice to filter being hotels? I seen it in a video, I’m gonna go find it.

Edit: Managed to find the video I seen the gallery leak from. Could be fake or a mod though. https://youtu.be/zcssU_XlqtE

It's probably fake. Don't rely on Pixelade videos. No offense, it's just he makes videos over speculation that can be a massive strech sometimes.
    Also I think it is indeed fake, since the latest big patch we got was with JtB and they wouldn't have had finished hotels already in order to somehow accidentally put them in someone's game.
    Also if it has only happened to one person and not several by now, you know it's fake.

Several simmers are still seeing a hotel catagory listed in the gallery. I don't think it's a fake. I think thier testing the gallery to see if they can make them work. The Next Gamepack is probably on Hotels.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited October 2020
    Wasn’t there a leak on galley recently with the new lot choice to filter being hotels? I seen it in a video, I’m gonna go find it.

Edit: Managed to find the video I seen the gallery leak from. Could be fake or a mod though. https://youtu.be/zcssU_XlqtE

It's probably fake. Don't rely on Pixelade videos. No offense, it's just he makes videos over speculation that can be a massive strech sometimes.
    Also I think it is indeed fake, since the latest big patch we got was with JtB and they wouldn't have had finished hotels already in order to somehow accidentally put them in someone's game.
    Also if it has only happened to one person and not several by now, you know it's fake.

Several simmers are still seeing a hotel catagory listed in the gallery. I don't think it's a fake. I think thier testing the gallery to see if they can make them work. The Next Gamepack is probably on Hotels.

I really hope the next Gamepack is hotels. For once I wouldn't care that they'd be splitting past Sims content into several packs, as long as a new hotel system is solid. It would add many gameplay possibilities to every save and every world that we have, including the somewhat older ones.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member

I really hope the next Gamepack is hotels. For once I wouldn't care that they'd be splitting past Sims content into several packs, as long as a new hotel system is solid. It would add many gameplay possibilities to every save and every world that we have, including the somewhat older ones.

It wouldn't be that out of the question since I recall the bulk of Bon Voyage's gameplay is related to the hotel system, there was limited gameplay outside it.

Plus it would gel well with Outdoor Retreat, Jungle Adventure, Island Living, Snowy Escapes and Spa Day.
  • Options
    waxesnostalgicwaxesnostalgic Posts: 38 Member
    Wasn’t there some discussion of a possible Vegas themed pack before SE was announced? Honeymoon Hotel? XD
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

@EliasVersace Now the question is if this is a good trade-off or if we're being ripped off behind the scenes. Anyway Sims 4 fans don't seem to ever care anyway so...
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Those players added that to their own game. Internal testing doesn’t impact the retail version of the game until it’s official release through a game update.
  • Options
    justice4bonehildajustice4bonehilda Posts: 185 Member
    edited October 2020
    hotels would be nice if we could manage them like we manage builduings in for example Project Highrise.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

Now ain’t that the truth. Him and IronSeagull are buggin these days.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Even if there was hotels would they allow the end user to use them in other neighborhoods and for me if not that would be as restrictive as CL.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Even if there was hotels would they allow the end user to use them in other neighborhoods and for me if not that would be as restrictive as CL.

This is why I want a nice B&B/Hotel pack that will allow me to build a B&B/Hotel in any world I want one in.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

This is why I want a nice B&B/Hotel pack that will allow me to build a B&B/Hotel in any world I want one in.

@Dannydanbo This could have come with this pack or Island Living. They had so many chances and it definitely fits in the budget of a billion dollar making franchise. Sorry, this should not be its own pack.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

@Dannydanbo This could have come with this pack or Island Living. They had so many chances and it definitely fits in the budget of a billion dollar making franchise. Sorry, this should not be its own pack.

I think it should. They could flesh out hotels like they did restaurants.
  • Options
    edited October 2020

I think it should. They could flesh out hotels like they did restaurants.

@catloverplayer How did they flesh out restaurants? They only put in outfits and menus and charged 20$ for it. Everything else we already had before. Also unlike the Sims 2 restaurants, they didn't even bother to make the Sims 4 restaurants work better and they came buggy and glitchy.

Also we got really good hotels in the Sims 3 Island Paradise. They were really fleshed out and they came with tons of other features in the same EP. I think the whole flesh out thing is an excuse to add a few minor things and then sell it as its own thing.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I think it could fit this ep budget. And the theme. There's no need to have a special new game pack just for hotels. But i don't think we'll have it in the ep. Im just hoping this ep brings vacation homes, at least, in all destination worlds. I can't think of having all my rich enough sims having a vacation home in the same world, save after save. It's not a nice sandbox experience...
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    Also we got really good hotels in the Sims 3 Island Paradise. They were really fleshed out and they came with tons of other features in the same EP.

This is laughable at best. Hotels in Sims 3 were worse than rental lots in Sims 4. If you want good hotels you need to play Sims 2 or the Sims Vacation.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

If it would have been included in a larger pack, things from that pack would not be included and the hotel options would be limited. Dine Out is not perfect, but how messed up would it have been shoved into a bigger pack?

Plus, if hotels were a part of this pack, they may not have tried to make rental available in all worlds.