Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

There may be hope for hotels yet in Snowy Escape

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
Remember they haven't told us everything and I found this on Twitter.

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think the unknown icon is for the new BATHHOUSE lot type. Although, I think a SPA lot type would have worked, but maybe it offers interactions that a spa lot doesn't have.

After pondering the hotel pack idea, I would really prefer it come in it's own dedicated pack, then it can be fully fleshed out and complete.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I've assumed it would come out with it's own vacation centric pack since back around Jungle Adventures.

What I think is more likely is a slight rework of rental lots in the patch. I am not sure how far they will go with it, but since they claimed once long ago that they could not do hybrids due to limitations they certainly changed something for it to work now, right?
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    It would be cool if it was an airbnb type of lot
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I think the unknown icon is for the new BATHHOUSE lot type. Although, I think a SPA lot type would have worked, but maybe it offers interactions that a spa lot doesn't have.

After pondering the hotel pack idea, I would really prefer it come in it's own dedicated pack, then it can be fully fleshed out and complete.

I would hope not. They could have just used a spa lot. It wouldn't make sense for it to be a bathhouse lot type.

To me, it still looks like a hotel icon. But who knows. I don't want to speculate because I am always wrong.lol
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    While I’d like hotels, I think the new lot type might be the Onsen/bath house. A feature like hotels would be mentioned in the EP description I guess.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    But an Onsen IS a spa. (with some different regulations)

But I guess if they can do bar, lounge, and nightclub, they very well could be redundant with a spa and onsen lot.
  • Options
    waxesnostalgicwaxesnostalgic Posts: 38 Member
    The spas with spa day are not real hot springs, more like wellness centers. They require lot features that are not commonly offered at Japanese onsen.

An onsen is usually a hot springs + bathhouse, and commonly has rooms for rent. A ryokan inn plus a hot springs equals onsen as well.

From Wikipedia: Onsen is the Japanese name for a hot spring; the term also extends to cover the bathing facilities and traditional inns frequently situated around a hot spring.

The combination is very common in Japan, and most onsen in tourist or resort areas do have rooms for rent. Use of the onsen is included for those renting a room, while there is a separate day rate for people coming in off the street. It sounds like it would be difficult to implement, but it’s not completely crazy that they might have. Maybe as a trial run for hotels?
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I would love it to be hotels but as other players have indicated it could be a new type of lot featuring the hot springs..
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    There are actually 2 new lot types. I marked them on this image, I know the quality sucks but I couldn't find another one.

Jckzrzq.jpg

To me it looks like the one in the mountain will either be a ski slope type or maybe the hot springs and the one on the bottom is the same as the rental lot type from outdoor retreat
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I don't think that's the case sadly, why would they not mention hotels as one of the features of the pack if it was included? And I don't think they would include hotels as a free upgrade, they are a business after all...
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    As much as I know simmers want hotels if we were getting them it would have been shown in the initial trailer and mentioned in the blog and gameplay features. It would have been a huge marketing item for the team to not miss out on. I think the new lot type is going to be a bathhouse. Personally I don’t mind about hotels as I like the rental system and as we are getting that option in this world and hope in all other worlds too I don’t mind about not having hotels. In sims 3 I used them to stay in only and they were them stupid rabbit hole things I never even knew I could own one but that gameplay doesn’t interest me anyway. However I do hope they get added for those of you who do like that sort of gameplay.
  • Options
    There are actually 2 new lot types. I marked them on this image, I know the quality sucks but I couldn't find another one.

Jckzrzq.jpg

To me it looks like the one in the mountain will either be a ski slope type or maybe the hot springs and the one on the bottom is the same as the rental lot type from outdoor retreat

The lot icon at the bottom is a RENTAL lot type. We were given it with Outdoor Retreat but, before now, it could only be used in a destination world. That seems to have been changed.

The upper lot icon is new and my guess is that it represents the new bathhouse. It's blurry, but to me, it looks like a square house with gables on all the sides. The residential lot icon is a house front (what I call a Monopoly house shape) and the tiny house icon is a stick house turned 45 degrees.
  • Options
    The spas with spa day are not real hot springs, more like wellness centers. They require lot features that are not commonly offered at Japanese onsen.

An onsen is usually a hot springs + bathhouse, and commonly has rooms for rent. A ryokan inn plus a hot springs equals onsen as well.

From Wikipedia: Onsen is the Japanese name for a hot spring; the term also extends to cover the bathing facilities and traditional inns frequently situated around a hot spring.

The combination is very common in Japan, and most onsen in tourist or resort areas do have rooms for rent. Use of the onsen is included for those renting a room, while there is a separate day rate for people coming in off the street. It sounds like it would be difficult to implement, but it’s not completely crazy that they might have. Maybe as a trial run for hotels?

Their most likely new hottubs.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited October 2020
    I doubt there will be hotels, since they added a rental lot, no need to do that if there was a hotel.
    Plus hotels would be a pretty big new thing, they'd be in the trailer.
    My guess would also be the bathhouse or a skilodge (which would prob be tied to the world or "snowy mountains" like beaches are in IL).
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    I might replace one of the big houses in the top neighborhood with a big lodge/lounge with the fireplace surrounded by places to sit and sip hot chocolate and snuggle with another sim on a love seat. Maybe a small game room and, since the bars work on any lot type, I might make it a big bathhouse instead with relaxing in the hot springs or by a fire or playing a few video games and an adult beverage to warm up your sims insides.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    edited October 2020
    Wasn’t there a leak on galley recently with the new lot choice to filter being hotels? I seen it in a video, I’m gonna go find it.

Edit: Managed to find the video I seen the gallery leak from. Could be fake or a mod though. https://youtu.be/zcssU_XlqtE
  • Options
    WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    i hope so
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Wasn’t there a leak on galley recently with the new lot choice to filter being hotels? I seen it in a video, I’m gonna go find it.

Edit: Managed to find the video I seen the gallery leak. https://youtu.be/zcssU_XlqtE

Someone said it's a mod. But who knows.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member

Edit: Managed to find the video I seen the gallery leak. https://youtu.be/zcssU_XlqtE

Someone said it's a mod. But who knows.

Yea it’s hard to tell but I’d be happy if it was hotels.
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    I don't think hotels will come with this pack, but I do think they will do hotels as a game pack sometime soon. I think it's such an asked for feature, that they could flesh out a bit and make more money from if they brought it out in a separate pack, to be honest. I think they're setting the stage for it in this pack, with the (I think) new options to have a vacation lot or a home lot in a world (I'm really hoping so, anyway). So, once there is this capability, it would be more possible to introduce hotel lots in the future that you could then place in any world...

Just a thought, but I reckon there'll be a hotel gamepack soon.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Justin wrote: »

We already have airnb type lots. That's what the houses in jungle adventures are. They come fully furnished.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Justin wrote: »

We already have airnb type lots. That's what the houses in jungle adventures are. They come fully furnished.

What do they mean when they say airbnb?
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    AIRBNB is actually a website that allows people to list a room or cottage or tiny house or house as a rental location. It is called AIRBNB, originally Airbed & Breakfast, because one of the founders rented a room with an air bed in his apartment to guests.

Edit: A Bed & Breakfast is normally more than one available rental accommodation (unlike airbnb that has only one) that shares common areas like a dining room and sitting room.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

Edit: Managed to find the video I seen the gallery leak from. Could be fake or a mod though. https://youtu.be/zcssU_XlqtE

It's probably fake. Don't rely on Pixelade videos. No offense, it's just he makes videos over speculation that can be a massive strech sometimes.
    Also I think it is indeed fake, since the latest big patch we got was with JtB and they wouldn't have had finished hotels already in order to somehow accidentally put them in someone's game.
    Also if it has only happened to one person and not several by now, you know it's fake.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member

It's probably fake. Don't rely on Pixelade videos. No offense, it's just he makes videos over speculation that can be a massive strech sometimes.
    Also I think it is indeed fake, since the latest big patch we got was with JtB and they wouldn't have had finished hotels already in order to somehow accidentally put them in someone's game.
    Also if it has only happened to one person and not several by now, you know it's fake.

Yeah I have to second this. I stopped watching his videos awhile ago since unless it was ACTUAL news, 90% of the time its just clickbait or a 10 minute video about a vague tweet that apparently "confirms" something. (Yeah okay, settle down kiddo.)

Anyway, I was hopeful about hotels being in the pack, but a concept like that (if we ever get it) is more than likely going to end up in a GP. At least with it in a GP full attention will be put on it, instead of it shoe-horned into another pack. Yeah I get that hotels (or lodges) would be a likely candidate in a winter vacation EP, but we'll all end up complaining that hotels arent as good as they should be or other features in a pack are poor as well. An onsen lot type is pretty obvious if you ask me (with that I hope we get some new lot traits), as for another lot type though? My guess is as good as any others. Guess we'll see. Maybe we'll get another trailer soon.