Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New hair swatch?

I have low expectations and this is probably just enthusiastic thinking but I noticed this sim in the trailer and her hair colour doesn't look like the existing ones.

bRFedHP.jpg

Idk about anyone else but it looks a lot darker than the usual blonde swatches in game. I assume this is the same swatch and it looks more pink toned, I dont think we have any pink toned blondes already:

gjYADUp.jpg

Comments

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited October 2020
    I noticed that several hair styles had quite unique color swatches, especially in this screenshot.

original-1.png

I'm guessing some of them will have similar color swatches like that new male hairstyle that we got in Nifty Knitting.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I noticed that several hair styles had quite unique color swatches, especially in this screenshot.

original-1.png

I'm guessing some of them will look kinda the same as that new male hairstyle that we got in Nifty Knitting.

Didn't notice those aswell! The girl on the right looks like she has light brown/dark blonde hair which is something I've been wanting for sooo long, hopefully it's for all hairs and not just that one. I'd be so happy if we got that swatch for all hairs.

I think the rainbow one is probably just exclusive to that hair as we've had other similar hairs and I assume the short blue is the same as they showed the same hair in a pink but even so I'm so happy they're putting more colours even if some are only for certain hairs!
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited October 2020
    Onverser wrote: »
    logion wrote: »

original-1.png

I'm guessing some of them will look kinda the same as that new male hairstyle that we got in Nifty Knitting.

Didn't notice those aswell! The girl on the right looks like she has light brown/dark blonde hair which is something I've been wanting for sooo long, hopefully it's for all hairs and not just that one. I'd be so happy if we got that swatch for all hairs.

I think the rainbow one is probably just exclusive to that hair as we've had other similar hairs and I assume the short blue is the same as they showed the same hair in a pink but even so I'm so happy they're putting more colours even if some are only for certain hairs!

I would be happy too, I really like that light brown/dark blonde hair as well. I have wanted variants of brown and blonde hair for a while. It's probably only for that hair but still, it's better than those basic Maxis colors that we keep getting for every new hairstyle.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Update: I went through the trailer in slow speed and I noticed some more hair colours!

This male sim appears regularly and has a new swatch:
    nQrBCd3.png
    It's probably exclusive to the individual hair again though as the facial hair is not in a matching swatch :s

This male sim also has half dyed hair:
    Et13ozy.png

This female sim possibly has purple hair aswell but its hard to see and is probably hairstyle exclusive:
    hDtKz69.png

With the dark blonde above sadly its probably only for one hair as we got the same swatch for an Eco Lifestyle hair in the greying brown
    MdZaKGh.png
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    That green hair in the middle looks like one Cc hairstyle I like and I can not download because I play on console 🤣 great EA. Follow that way!
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I noticed that too! I REALLY hope this means we'll get slides for hair color as well (since we're getting for skin and make-up) or maybe even a color wheel for hair like we had in Cats and Dogs.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I would love for them to add more swatches for hair, but keep thinking it's too much to hope for. They would have to revisit every hairstyle already in game and that's just something I can't imagine them doing. But I would be incredibly happy to be wrong about this!
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    I recall that there was questionnaire a few months back about improving CAS features. I mentioned that I wanted more natural hair colours one as one of the things I'd like to see improved in the game and more recently I think a Sim Guru has said that hair colours would also be updated along with the skin tones and make-up. So maybe we'll get that sometime soon, probably next year?
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited October 2020
    What if the hairstyles come like that, like the one the woman from GF has, the blue hair with the yellow strand. There are few hairstyles that have their own color choices, like the one from discover university too.
    ts4-pack-art-ep06-get-famous.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.320w.jpg
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited October 2020
    I think it's the hair that comes like this and not a new color swatch though. But I'd love to have new hair Swatches.
    I also noticed black hair in the trailer is actually black, not blue ?
  • Options
    DarlingS0ngBirdDarlingS0ngBird Posts: 13 New Member
    It's just a ombre effect...sadly. hopefully hair and eyes get the same treatment as skin do. :)
  • Options
    YunaYuna Posts: 231 Member
    imo they really should update and add more haircolors.. imagine the 100 skin tones with only these available swatches... I think it wont look "good" with some haircolors...
  • Options
    CopperBoltCopperBolt Posts: 132 Member
    If nothing else I hope they create an actual black swatch of hair and add a blonde that isn't yellow.
  • Options
    CopperBolt wrote: »
    If nothing else I hope they create an actual black swatch of hair and add a blonde that isn't yellow.

Even after all this time I feel like the devs who decided on that yellow blonde swatch should come forward and explain themselves.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • Options
    I would love for them to add more swatches for hair, but keep thinking it's too much to hope for. They would have to revisit every hairstyle already in game and that's just something I can't imagine them doing. But I would be incredibly happy to be wrong about this!

I'm not exactly sure how it works from a game perspective, but I assume the texture file of the hairs that gives them the colour would be an image file, so they should be able to take all the existing hair files in a swatch like the existing blonde and then just apply the same preset to all of them so they'll all go the new colour pretty easily. (Like they could just lower the brightness on the existing ones and change the colours around slightly and they'll have a whole new colour)
  • Options
    Onverser wrote: »

I'm not exactly sure how it works from a game perspective, but I assume the texture file of the hairs that gives them the colour would be an image file, so they should be able to take all the existing hair files in a swatch like the existing blonde and then just apply the same preset to all of them so they'll all go the new colour pretty easily. (Like they could just lower the brightness on the existing ones and change the colours around slightly and they'll have a whole new colour)

Technically I suppose that's correct, you would need to export all the hair textures. But I am not certain you can just apply a color preset to all the textures without needing to edit as there are very different textures in the game right now. Otherwise it would be much easier to just add hair color as CC instead of having to download all the hairstyles in different swatches separately. There is hair color CC, which can be applied to the hair in CAS as an accessory, but it looks odd on some hairstyles (which the modder admits themselves). But like I said, I really hope they do it one day, it's something that most players want and has been requested for years now.

we all try ...
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    guys one thing,

ts4-game-box-sims-eco-living.png.adapt.crop191x100.1200w.png

her bangs is moving, ik it's probably for the render but what if we got hair physics like in sims 2? some people didn't care about it but it was a nice detail
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Pretty sure the moving bangs are just in the render. At least in the trailer that effect cannot be seen on any of the Sims who are skiing or sledding, unfortunately.

we all try ...
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited October 2020
    I don't think that there any hair physics coming in Snowy Escape. All though it would have been nice if it were because it would make the game more lively and more realistic. So the moving bangs seen in the render above was most likely added just for that render to make Snowy Escape more appealing to fans.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    I don't think that there any hair physics coming in Snowy Escape. All though it would have been nice if it were because it would make the game more lively and more realistic. So the moving bangs seen in the render above was most likely added just for that render to make Snowy Escape more appealing to fans.

yep. it would've been so cool lol
  • Options
    DarlingS0ngBirdDarlingS0ngBird Posts: 13 New Member
    TS5 needs animated clothes and hair, and wet hair effects.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Wet hair effects! I was playing Conan Exiles the other day, and had my exile swimming underwater. My exile's hair was moving around underwater as if my exile was walking around on land with dry hair. I wonder if it's possible to have wet hair effects in a video game. This I think that Maxis should look into to see if it is possible to add such an effect to The Sims.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    K_PlaysK_Plays Posts: 102 Member
    As someone who is frequently changing my own hair colour (currently indigo, but will be teal next!), I'm a little obsessed with the multicoloured hair on the person on the left side of the hot tub. Fingers are definitely crossed for more hair like this!

I also really like the roots growing in on the person entering the hot tub! Roots suck, but that's life!
  • Options
    ehud8651ehud8651 Posts: 62 Member
    Probably as a free update