Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What made you start playing Sims 4?

As the title says, what made you start playing the Sims 4 instead of a previous game, or if Sims 4 is your first game in the franchise what made you start playing Sims 4 in general? :)

What made you start playing Sims 4? 178 votes

I started playing Sims 4 on release
41%
OneAdorkableGirlcauatowinkeljohn78Sara1010PGalacticGalIcewolfalan650111IceyJrudolphaHoneydewmcruddshokoroseFigwitBloosmooasimbsimMeteoraStormStrangerthanbabajaynehaneulBeardedgeek 73 votes
I started playing Sims 4 because of ---- pack
6%
Akl500PLustianiciataydevBabykittyjadeOnversercatmando830SERVERFRAGlacierSnowRememberJoyizecsonGoosey 11 votes
Bored of a previous instalment and wanted something new
3%
Finvolafiercephoenix91DeKayMinx11DrakoseternalrainnLeaselmary 7 votes
Bored in quarantine
1%
KatNipPriestessBizarresecretblue3 3 votes
Heard about the game and wanted to try it
10%
SablesashafoxybillyRacerX780sunblondmusteniDeeTsimscomicsforlifeHopeyStarrChicklet453681birdonawireAriaMad2Kellogg_J_KelloggAngeliqueAdelaidebella_gothEnnael[Deleted User]ehud8651NetflixianHere 18 votes
I got the game when it was free/cheap
12%
CamkatIsb917bixtersSindocatHucklekreeMadIrisfilipomelSmellincoffeesarabeth2984CelSimsAndyzhang2896amber_ilumireDaWaterRatcody6268EllupelluelluZora1327CaprianaBHallie22PotsaeFairykitty 22 votes
Other
24%
auroraael14julienrob2004Erja888Bluebeard45Colorist40elanorbretonrobyngravesalejandro15039Alwe1507Cary1213phantasmkissAPottscatitude5WaytoomanyUIDsAngelEb95gnelso1239BMSOLyrieKathykinsScobre 44 votes

Comments

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    For me I've had the game since release but I couldn't get into it until Island Living came out, that pack was a gamechanger to me. It made the game much more playable especially coming from an open world in 3 since it felt less closed off than other worlds. Plus, graphics were a big thing for me wanting to come to 4. Not a fan of S3 graphics and its art-style, 4 just looks so much prettier for me.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I got TS4 at release, but only got it because TS3 was so messed up, especially the EP I had waited for with baited breath - Island Living (or whatever it was called). It was so buggy I quit playing TS3.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I didn't buy the game until Get Together came out. I got the base game, Get To Work and Get Together on sale.
    I bought it out of curiosity, and because the graphics looked better than the Sims 3. I've played all of the sims games.
    It was fun for a while, but I eventually found the vanilla game boring. Mods have helped greatly with enjoying the game.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Other
    I got the game both on release and for free. After sims 3 being a major disappointment for me, I went back to happily playing ts2. I never intended to buy ts4, afraid it would be as terrible as I found ts3. But I got a package in September 2014, sent by my cousin and it contained the ts4 basegame on disc. I was curious enough to install it and I liked it a lot better than ts3.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Because of a vampire pack, though my intention at first was because searching for novelty and was a Lil bored with my saves in TS3. I only started playing again after get famous came out.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    I play The Sims since 2000 so I bought TS4 when it first came out. Didn't play much until Get To Work was released though.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,569 Member
    Other
    I had moved on from 2 to 3 when that got released and expected to do the same with 4. But I wasn't keen on it when it first came out, so it took me a while to get into it. It probably wasn't until after the toddler release that I began to play it regularly and finally gave up on 3.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 707 Member
    Other
    I love the Sims 3 and started watching James Turner's Sims 3 youtube videos. Then he switched over to Sims 4. I wasn't interested in playing 4 but after watching him build in 4, I really wanted to try it. Building in Sims 4 is so much better but the gameplay would bore me after a while until I started playing rotationally and rebuilding everything.
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    I played Sims4 as I wanted to find the differences in gameplay and building. I still play Sims3 however found it easier to build on Sims4. I love playing Realm of Magic as it makes gameplay intresting. Ive also been editing in Sims4studio, making gameplay varied and interesting. I was annoyed that they stopped making games for 32bit pc. Depending on the next game packs I might buy another laptop however will wait and see what it is and how it works via reviews and videos.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited October 2020
    I had played all the previous iterations of the Sims. I bought the Sims 4 on release but I didn't play it for long because the game had no toddlers in it and I was not happy with that decision. I didn't come back and play it until the seasons pack released.
    Post edited by Sharonia on
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Other
    I bought it to try before it was released as a pre-order. I felt I had previously been too harsh with the previous new base game, 3, and was looking forward to giving 4 a proper chance.

However, 4 messed it up and I returned to 3. I only switched over to 4 when I had to give up my old desktop and start all over on a laptop.

I won't deny I had fun, it is a game, and I have a decent number of hours in, but it is nothing compared to the old ways I used to play and the time then. 4 changed a lot of how I play, including how it isn't my top game anymore.
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Other
    I wasn't interested during its release. My dad randomly bought me the base game and I ended having a lot more fun than expected. Plus, Sims 4 ran smoothly on my old laptop.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,413 Member
    edited October 2020
    It was half a year after the release. I had heard of it coming earlier, but assumed it wouldn't run on my laptop so didn't pay any attention. There I was happily playing TS2 when I realised that the game would actually run. They offered a free trial period and there was also a sale, so those got me.

Edit: I think I picked the wrong poll option, should have probably gone with other.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited October 2020
    Toddlers! Though I did start playing on release I quickly gave up because I could not believe for the life of me that toddlers did not exist. So I left. I didn't play any other game I just kept doing other things, reading writing, dollhouse designing and photoshoots with them, spiritual growth sessions etc etc.

One day I randomly came back later just to see how things were progressing out of curiosity. I saw toddlers were back as well as new packs so I went on a buying spree and I have been hooked ever since. I have to force myself to take breaks for my mental health lol 😂😂

Funny thing is I'm not even a big toddler player and I'm a big occult fan but family play is what truly makes this game imo.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,053 Member
    I've played since the beginning and have always moved on to the next version. Between 2, 3, and 4 I'm set if Sims 5 doesn't happen.
  • Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    edited October 2020
    Other
    Toddlers.

Once they were in the game, I gave sims 4 a chance in 2017 summertime.

Liked the game a lot, the diversity (CL) and gender freedom (can make anyone pregs or Vice versa and mods) love sims 3 but it crashed a lot and lost my save of ten gens and my precious sim Claire.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I wish I could find TS1 - I started with TS2 when I bought my first iMac. Still have the same iMac and TS2 is still on it.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,759 Member
    I started my Sims odyssey back in the summer of 2005. Sims2 was out, my daughter introduced me to it and shortly thereafter, my hubby suggested I purchase my own copy. I ended up having to get a new computer (laptop was simply NOT set up for gaming). Hubby surprised me with a new gaming rig to be delivered three short weeks later. I loved that game so much.

When Sims3 was announced, I recalled how much my daughter was blown away over the advancements from The Sims to Sims2. I had hoped for something similar, but was disappointed. Needless to say, I made the best of it and played every day. When Showtime came out I got addicted to that career and played with more excitement again.

So, once I learned that Sims4 was NOT going to be a multi-player game, I decided to take a look at what was being said about it. What was included, what new features, etc. I liked what I read. I pre-ordered it. Then just days before its release, we were given the disturbing news that Toddlers would not be in the pack up front. Mind you, I read the message very carefully, and realized they just needed more time. So I lived in hope and was not for a moment disappointed when out-of-the-blue, and for free, Toddlers were patched in. I nearly wept that day. I do enjoy Sims4, but admit I use mods to give gameplay a boost.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Release. o:)

The Sims 4 is one of the best Sims games ever made and has outsold all the Sims games combined.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Other
    Ts3 stopped working on my desktop so I went to ts4 two years ago ps4. I already had the PS4 so it was an easy transition instead of planning for new PC.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 674 Member
    I got bg on release, I played for a few hours then I abandoned it. Same thing when get together was released..played for a few hours then dropoed it..I didnt got seriously into it until I bought vampires.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 968 Member
    edited October 2020
    It was cheap and I was curious. EA has more than made their money back. :D I was disappointed in TS3 and never left TS2 for it, but as TS4 got better over the years and so many mods came out for it, I thought it was worth a $5 gamble.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Other
    TS4 is the only one in the series I've played, and I never even thought about the game until I saw a GrayStillPlays TS4 video on Youtube--it was right then that I realized I could do many crazy things with the game and have a lot of laughs
  • Options
    Cary1213Cary1213 Posts: 91 Member
    Other
    I love the Sims Franchise been playing the game on and off since 2001 and the reason why I bought the sims 4 is that I love the game, I didn't buy it on release but I played the CAS demo and I wanted to wait until I get a newer computer to buy the game.
    I still play the sims 3 but would love a way to play Sims 1 on the computer again.
    SvgJRlK.png