The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can EA (and the Gurus) just stop with teasing and just say what the next pack is?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    szajkaszajka Posts: 9 New Member
    I agree woth OP. Marketing and pr decided not to tell us anything but in my opinion it is wrong decision. This year was already full of dissapointment and no transparency at all. If next ep is not something most of community will love, its going to be another dissapointment.
    Many players are very young and they set unrealistic expectations - people are speculating.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    "SimGuru" is just the term for an employee of EA/Maxis cleared to speak with the public. Cleared for what? To not talk about stuff that marketing hasn't cleared them to talk about. And they're not cleared to talk about any project in development. Not future packs, not packs that have leaked (either accidentally or on purpose) and not EP10 - yet.

Heck, even permission to give hints has to be cleared through Marketing.

So yes, they did sign an NDA.

That's not exactly right. GuruGraham stated they can talk about paid content anytime they are ready. They can't speak about free content until it is to be patched in.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Actually I want the very opposite. WHERE ARE MY TEASERS? No weird tweets or icon leaks. Gimme something to speculate on lmao

But seriously, I think they did a good job on announcing the day the trailer will drop. It's already a better communication then we ever had.

The "in a matter of weeks" thing was probably just a poor choice of words, considering they were under pressure about fixing the skin tones.