Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things the 10/6/20 patch broke in your game

In the new patch when starting a new save upon loading the moving action my household funds drop to zero. I am thus unable to move my household into a lot, either empty or to merge with an existing household and am unable to activate testing cheats and cannot either give my household funds nor make real estate free in order to move out of the moving screen. Every new save I tried got to the move in phase and became unplayable due to these glitches. I am not going to risk my existing saves to try playing them. Until these issues and others that I'm sure exist due to the new patch are resolved I guess I will not be playing Sims 4. What game breaking glitches have you encountered?

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,933 Member
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,131 Member
    So far I've been lucky, and nothing bad has happened. I'm not holding my breath, though.....
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Nothing. :)
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Actually, mine's been fine!
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I haven't had any issues either..."knock on wood."
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    The gallery is completely broken for me after the patch. When I load the gallery or another simmer's page, all I get is thumbnails with red |x's and a notation that the item cannot be located. Posted on AHQ.

And now, I can't even access the earlier @simgirl1010 mentioned since I apparently I don't have permission to see the earlier thread. :(
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    So far everything is fine with my game.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,933 Member
    lsnishi wrote: »
    The gallery is completely broken for me after the patch. When I load the gallery or another simmer's page, all I get is thumbnails with red |x's and a notation that the item cannot be located. Posted on AHQ.

And now, I can't even access the earlier @simgirl1010 mentioned since I apparently I don't have permission to see the earlier thread. :(

I believe that was a duplicate thread and has been closed.

Check this thread.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/980967/whats-broke-now#latest
  • Options
    Thank you @simgirl1010!
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    lsnishi wrote: »

Haven't had any issues with my game, but I've mainly been working on my Latin-themed restaurant and not doing actual gameplay.

I couldn't view the thread either; I think it may have been merged with another "what's broke now" thread and then deleted. So it's not just you. :) Working on a game repair (had an issue loading the game a couple of nights ago and the repair got delayed till now for some reason) so can't check Gallery issues; I'll post an update once I have a chance to check.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    EMSimmer30 wrote: »
    In the new patch when starting a new save upon loading the moving action my household funds drop to zero. I am thus unable to move my household into a lot, either empty or to merge with an existing household and am unable to activate testing cheats and cannot either give my household funds nor make real estate free in order to move out of the moving screen. Every new save I tried got to the move in phase and became unplayable due to these glitches. I am not going to risk my existing saves to try playing them. Until these issues and others that I'm sure exist due to the new patch are resolved I guess I will not be playing Sims 4. What game breaking glitches have you encountered?

Are you using any mods, particularly ones that affect household funds? Maybe one of those is outdated and needs to be removed; they supposedly corrected the problem with too low bills (a problem I wish I had in Real Life) so any mods that corrected that should be removed.
  • Options
    @stilljustme2, all I had was the TOOL mod for building and I've removed it and repaired the game. No change...still have the glitch. And on the AHQ site others are saying they have the same thing and they've even cleared caches and reinstalled the game with no improvement, so the gallery breakdown where we are unable to see any items on the gallery (including some of our own work) is still ongoing.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    That was just the first thing that popped in my head. Have a game repair going (for unrelated reasons) but I was able to load all my saves last night. The Gallery issue sounds like it could be that it's down for some reason, maybe maintenance or something to do with the assorted Sparkd challenges.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Laggy as fook!
  • Options
    EMSimmer30EMSimmer30 Posts: 181 Member
    @stilljustme2 I only use MCC and it was turned off due to the patch, so no mods just vanilla game when the moving/fund glitch occurred. I tried again today and it's still unplayable. I'll be playing Sims 3 or other games till it gets fixed.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,725 Member
    edited October 2020
    page up and page down is no longer working in tab mode for me, which is a pity because I used that to add back the roof when taking screenshots.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    logion wrote: »
    page up and page down is no longer working in tab mode for me, which is a pity because I used that to add back the roof when taking screenshots.

That hasn't been working for me since the patch before the latest.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    I wasn't planning to update but I had uninstalled my game in order to fix a few things, then reinstall it. And I got busy after doing the uninstall and didn't get back to doing the fresh install before the patch went live. I envisioned having a total mess on my hands once I patched, but it couldn't be avoided since Origin won't allow me to reinstall without adding the new patch. I was not happy about it, but there was no other way to do it. And to my shock I have had zero issues with this latest patch. Not sure if that is because of doing the whole uninstall/reinstall process beforehand, but I am extremely relieved my game is running smoothly, and some of the issues I had before seem to be gone now. And only one of the problems I was having was fixed by what was in the new patch because I did not have those issues except for the one with the bills. The bills now seem a bit more realistic. So to have a patch of any kind not cause my game to have a meltdown, was a blessing. That doesn't happen very often for me.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    My first one back in 2015, cupcake machine would crash my game. Only 9 other people experienced it. It ended up being an issue with any wall that wasn't the middle one would make the game crash and game became unplayable for me.

There are a lot of bugs that are reported here:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs

Pretty much they are going by me too priority, so more me too the more chances they have on fixing something. So if anyone has a bug, share your bug report link on forums, social media, etc so that others can support it with a me too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,725 Member
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    logion wrote: »

That hasn't been working for me since the patch before the latest.

You are right, I never updated last month, it seems it broke with that one.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I've noticed a few things. One happened when my Sims went to the Romance Festival. The Karaoke bar had no bartender and no patrons, it was totally empty. Also, there's usually someone selling paintings on a portable yard sale Gallery at the festival and other Sims using the easels. Nobody was painting and no Sim selling paintings either. It seemed like there was a lot less Sims there too. To be fair though, the household I took to the festival had 8 Sims in it, so there's that.

Also, there's a Cosplay club that meets at the parks in the evening. They still meet, but they're not always dressed in their costumes anymore, it's sporadic.

I just noticed the mirror reflection glitch/bug for doors and windows too. But that could've happened before the patch and I just didn't notice. The only reason I did this time is because I built a gym for my asylum Sims with walls of mirrors in the room. I can see just the frames on most windows/doors, but with the big Moschino windows, the part that's made to look 'open' is still showing.

My Sims will eat at the dining table more often than before the patch, but they still will sometimes go sit on a bed or couch to eat. At least they don't stand in front of the fridge to eat anymore.

One last thing is with bookcases. Before, sometimes my Sims would either leave books on the table or desk instead of putting them away. Now, it 'looks' like they're putting them away, but they're really not. The books are piling up in their personal inventory instead.

That's all I've noticed, so far. I wouldn't call any of them game-breaking though. I'm still playing and still having fun. :)
  • Options
    ConfutusConfutus Posts: 113 Member
    My Renaissance Sim aspirations don't seem to be updating when my Sims hit level 3 in their third career. Either that, or I somehow lost track of the number of careers they have had.
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I've had no issues at all. I played for several hours yesterday and last night with all my Mods in and the game ran just fine.

Funny you mention the Renaissance Sim aspiration because I just had a Sim complete this one yesterday. I didn't realize that getting a 3-star rating for doing one odd job and completing two part-time jobs (Diver and Fisherman) were being counted. I was surprised to hear the music for completing the aspiration when he returned home from work with a promotion. It seems like it used to take a long time to get this aspiration done, now it's pretty fast. Too fast and too easy now. I had him doing the two part-time jobs out of curiosity because I hadn't done them before.
  • Options
    ConfutusConfutus Posts: 113 Member
    Confutus wrote: »
    My Renaissance Sim aspirations don't seem to be updating when my Sims hit level 3 in their third career. Either that, or I somehow lost track of the number of careers they have had.

I did lose track. One of them just used her connections to start a new career, at a higher rank than any she had quit, and that did it for her.

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Nothing! <3<3<3

I'm very sorry for those of you with broken games, though. :(
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: