Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Updated Hairs

Opinions on the hairstyles that were updated in the patch?
9SaAK5t.png

The Original:
MTS_Sydria-1466146-Ingame2.jpg
H1E9CQQ.png

The Original:

Comments

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited October 2020
    I think the female one is a nice change, but the male one is disappointing to say the least. They added a fade at the front and that's literally it.. it still looks like a mushroom. It's way too round and the black seems to be even more blue than it was before which is a shame

Also the greying swatches are very weird
    pm58Dh8.png
    vYE1L1R.png
  • Options
    caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    I think they are both upgrades :smile: I just wish the black color on the first one was darker and not blue-ish :neutral:
    he/him
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    9SaAK5t.png

The Original:
    H1E9CQQ.png

The Original:

Are those the only 2 that were changed?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    9SaAK5t.png

The Original:
    H1E9CQQ.png

The Original:

Are those the only 2 that were changed?

For now yes.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I think they forgot to change the CAS UI icon for the male's hair because it looks as it was before the update, so that's something I guess.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I really like the female one, the textures are great.
    With the male one, it looks kind of flat to me. But I don’t have that texture of hair myself so I don’t know, maybe I’m not seeing it correctly?
    The female one is great though!
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    the female hair is nice.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Both better than before, so that’s good. Let’s hope this trend of updating base game hairs continues for a while.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    They look better. Though the afro looks very weird in greying colors. And the braids could have had more volume. But they still look much better :) Now I hope they'll update the giant cauliflower/helmet afro.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited October 2020
    The female one is much better in my opinion and I like that she has little baby hair on her forehead.

The male one? Mehhh, not a whole lot better. Maybe the design team doesn't know how to hand draw curls, because that looks like they the used a blur filter in photoshop. It's still pretty bad. The only thing that remotely redeems it, is the fact they added some side fade type thing on the sides of it in front.
    Post edited by Chicklet453681 on
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    And then there's me. I preferred the originals for both the male and the female. The male's hair had some volume, for one, but the color was also a nice rich black. The female's hair styles are really two different styles. One has more volume the way the hair was divided and the other one has more of the corn-row look.

As for the greying effect. A person rarely, if ever goes totally grey overnight. I watched as a friend of mine's long blonde hair slowly over the course of a good two years plus gradually go from blonde to grey. Mine is doing the same thing only I'm going white. My red hair, especially my bangs have gone lighter and almost looks strawberry-blonde on top. It's interesting to see that most people don't go grey in the same manner, either. Sometimes a brunette will suddenly have a dash of grey as if they got too close to another person holding a wet paintbrush. It's not all at the temple, but it's more of a random splotch to the side of the head. I'm just very glad that EA is now giving up a greying option over having a natural hair color as an Adult and the BOOM, totally grey as an Elder. I would love it, too, if they gave us the option of white hair. My Dad went white and I'm on my way.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,927 Member
    I like both better. Sorry OP.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    grannyfay08grannyfay08 Posts: 24 Member
    I am with you on this one GalacticGal. would love an additional swatch in white.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited October 2020
    I mean, if this is where they’ve set the bar for these fixes/redos ... actually you know what, I’m just going to let the results speak for themselves.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    I mean, if this is where they’ve set the bar for these fixes/redos ... actually you know what, I’m just going to let the results speak for themselves.

LOL
  • Options
    TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    The medium fro was fine before and it's fine now. The only fro that really needed an adjustment was the large one. The braids are a marked improvement but I really wish they wouldn't add those stupid "baby" hairs. I hope this doesn't become a thing on every black hair moving forward.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited October 2020
    I prefer the older ones, although I'm glad other people are happy about the changes. It would be great if any future appearance changes could be added as options instead of replacements.

And I agree that more graying swatches would be great! :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    But they didn't redo the big afro? XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Right, I was expecting that one more than the medium Afro. 😒 probably part of the other 2, for December. If it’s taking months it should be better than what it is now
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    They look great, a much needed improvement.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited October 2020
    i like first one much better

second I'm not sure cause I sort of feel like it looks almost alpha now and i sort of wish it was little thicker at the front or sides but then again what do i know about this type of hair absolutely nothing
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

To be honest I think they're probably doing one to test the waters. If people like the change on this one they'll do the other one the same
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    i like first one much better

second I'm not sure cause I sort of feel like it looks almost alpha now and i sort of wish it was little thicker at the front or sides but then again what do i know about this type of hair absolutely nothing

That was my first thought too. Especially around the ends of the hair, it is much more thin than clay hair normally is. But, overall I do think it's an improvement, but I also feel like they should have "added" this hair as an additional option instead of "replacing" it so those that liked the original better could still have it in their game.

• Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    The hairs are an improvement. I really like the box braids though I wish the afro had more detail. That may be hard to do with the clay look. What strikes me most about the pictures is how much better the skins are.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    The roots look better on the new braided hair but they completely butchered the most of it, especially the ends. The male hair is just not much of an improvement. The female hair improved parts but for some reason they felt they needed to make the ends not braids and the braids just form into a blob before they come out straight. That one looks like a completely different haircut.