Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A mod or way to prevent sims from appearing in other neighborhoods?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited September 2020
    I recently came across Sim Spawn Overhaul by Lotharihoe. It doesn't prevent Sims from appearing in other neighbourhoods, but it prefers local Sims to spawn in venues and walkby Sims are local only. (It does some other cool things, too!)

Not sure if it's okay to post the link but if you google the mod it's easy to find.

Hope this helps!

OMG! TYSM! I just read what that mod does, it sounds amazing and I can't wait to test it out!
  • Options
    GrynnGrynn Posts: 260 Member
    Zero also has a mod to prevent this:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/walkby-overhaul-38595351
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Thanks @Grynn for the link, I'll check out that mod as well
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Grynn wrote: »
    Zero also has a mod to prevent this:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/walkby-overhaul-38595351

Just put this in my game......thank you for reccomending it! Oh my goodness, this is a total life saver when it comes to the stories I play where my seperated sims cant/arent supposed to find each other. No more going to the Blue Velvet and a sim who is supposed to be missing just casually walking in to order a drink. Thank you! 👍
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm going to give one of the mentioned mods a try...

I don't like seeing residents from other worlds in places like Sulani. It's really immersion breaking for me.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2020
    I recently came across Sim Spawn Overhaul by Lotharihoe. It doesn't prevent Sims from appearing in other neighbourhoods, but it prefers local Sims to spawn in venues and walkby Sims are local only. (It does some other cool things, too!)

Not sure if it's okay to post the link but if you google the mod it's easy to find.

Hope this helps!

I was going to suggest this. I found it very recently and this has been my favorite one!!! I even started creating themes to my neighborhoods with specific sims in them because now I don't see my homeless poor sim for example walking around a rich vampire neighborhood. Or an alien out of place. Everyone should try this mod. I like the bonus things it does.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,381 Member
    I can see everyone's point but I had to laugh, while playing Sims 3 with the open world, simmers were complaining why couldn't sims from Sunset Valley visit Riverside. How times have changed. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.