Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A mod or way to prevent sims from appearing in other neighborhoods?

TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
So for example say I only want to see sims from Strangeworld neighborhood in that neighborhood and not bella goth, is there a way to limit this or a mod that exists that can limit non played sims from appearing in other neighborhoods?

For example I'd love it so just the locals go to the bar located in strangeville and not sims from every other neighborhood.

So far the only thing I can think of is to eliminate ALL other sims in manage worlds and only populate the neighborhood I'm playing in and prevent the game from spawning new sims. Which seems kind of extreme....

Comments

• TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    Guess I'll just nuke all the other towns lol...
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    That is something I have wanted from the beginning. Hope you find an answer here.
    suzanna13 wrote: »
    That is something I have wanted from the beginning. Hope you find an answer here.

I searched the web for this answer and it looks like I'm not the first to ask it but nobody has a solution. So my solution which kind of works but is a pain, is to literally start a new world. Save, go to manage world and evict every single sim household in other neighborhoods except the one your playing in or plan to visit/have visiting sims from. So for example I don't mind Sims from Oasis springs visiting Strangeville - but I do evict a few I didn't want regardless. It doesn't prevent homeless sims from appearing but it otherwise is a dirty method of working.

If your willing to use mods, then get master controller and use the mod function to prevent homeless sims from moving in to empty lots which will prevent random new sims from generating.

Still it would be nice if there was a mod out there that prevented sims from appearing in every neighborhood but their own.
  • suzanna13suzanna13 Posts: 1,426 Member
    I didn't think empty houses would be filled unless you allow it. Is that another bug? I have my game set to fill empty houses. I don't know why since they may as well be homeless since I don't remember them. The only time I don't mind seeing sims from other neighborhoods is at festivals.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I use the force to leave mod by littlemssam. It doesn't prevent them from spawning but you can send them away with one click.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    This can be easily done using a mod. The problem is that chances are some worlds don’t have enough Sims living that world. If Sims living in other worlds are prevented from appearing, then the game would need to generate new random homeless Sims to use as visitors. Personally I don’t want the game to constantly generate new Sims. Also, since these randomly generated Sims are homeless, they would be able to visit any worlds, which again causes the same problem of seeing the same Sims in every world. If you also prevent homeless Sims from appearing in worlds, then the game would literally need to generate new Sims every time you visit a lot.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • lovejoyriteialovejoyriteia Posts: 198 Member
    Check out Coolspear's World Sims Control mods, at TFMs Naughty Sims Asylum. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php?/forum/322-ts4-general-mods/&page=7
  • taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I wish this was a thing. Some sims just don't fit in certain worlds, especially mine. Not that I mind my sims travelling, but it annoys me seeing the same sims in every world walking around aimlessly like they live in the neighborhood. I'd like some kind of realism regarding the way the worlds are controlled.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    It's really annoying to have sims from one world pop up as visitors in other worlds. I would also like an option to prevent it.
  • veronica55veronica55 Posts: 106 Member
    They are tourists. I'm fine with my sims visiting other worlds but in my game, as far as I see, when you visit, let's say a bar, I mostly see the sims who live in that area. So locals already have some type of priority in game in terms of spawning in public lots. But it's not 100% of course, I see other worlds' sims as well. It's just ok for me.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I wish I could stop celebrity sims showing up in some neighborhoods such as StrangerVille. I don't know why but they seem really out of place in StrangerVille.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    I don't know, but I wish there was. Like in SV, in the valley area, it's lower-income not as hip as DSV or SM. I have a dive bar and a little food market lots that cater to a certain social class. I use a mod by LMS to keep celebs (who are rich) from entering those kinds of lots because they wouldn't fit in. But yes, I wish there was a way to limit some of my Sims from going to towns they normally wouldn't.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    @TOLKIEN Like you said, i just nuke the other towns... That's the only way. :(
    I wish they would let us add/remove neighborhood/subneighborhoods/vacation spots/downtowns like we could in Sims 2.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    @Sharonia I posted right below you, I don't know if you use mods, but I use one by LMS that keeps celebs from entering lots in SV (and any other lots I don't want them to come). I wish I could keep them out of the valley area completely. The hilltop is a wealthier area though. Some of my Sims are celebs and they just don't fit in with SV.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I wonder if SV has given them the update needed to the game to limit Sims in certain areas. I don't have SV but I wonder if those townies stay there and not go to other worlds.

On the one hand its nice that you can find new Sims by travelling to different worlds but I wonder if it would make more sense to have that as a player only option rather than having all the NPC's have that option.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    I wonder if SV has given them the update needed to the game to limit Sims in certain areas. I don't have SV but I wonder if those townies stay there and not go to other worlds.

On the one hand its nice that you can find new Sims by travelling to different worlds but I wonder if it would make more sense to have that as a player only option rather than having all the NPC's have that option.

They go to other worlds. Only the strangeness stays in StrangerVille, not the sims.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

edited April 2019
    They go to other worlds. Only the strangeness stays in StrangerVille, not the sims.

My issue is the other worlds are all coming to strangerville and its annoying to no end.
  • jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    I hate,when I leave one town and one area like a club go to the next town to a different club and the same sims that were in the club 8 left are in this club. How did they follow me.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I really hope they consider a fix in the near future. I mean we have separate worlds for a reason. Maybe even just an option like weather or fame in the options menu ^_^
    I really hope they consider a fix in the near future. I mean we have separate worlds for a reason. Maybe even just an option like weather or fame in the options menu ^_^

See the issue with this is that I feel like a lot of people want Sims 3 worlds where everyone is confined into one world. I don’t EVER want that in the sims again. Not being able to visit other worlds without starting all over and whatnot is a nightmare. Yes it’s annoying seeing the same sims everywhere but it makes the worlds feel full and alive and I love that 💙

• 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited April 2019

How could they fix this? There are a lot of people who do not want an entire set of townies in each an every world. Even as the system is now, the game needs more than 100 townies to fill all the NPC roles available.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »

How could they fix this? There are a lot of people who do not want an entire set of townies in each an every world. Even as the system is now, the game needs more than 100 townies to fill all the NPC roles available.

Yup a crazy number of Sims are needed if all townies are confined to their own world and it’s unrealistic to do so. A compromise would be a priority system that prioritizes Sims living in the current world. For instance when you visit a gym in Windenburg the game should first pick gym trainers/visitors from Windenburg residents. If there aren’t enough Sims then the game can pick from Sims from other worlds or homeless Sims. This way it can ensure that it isn’t always the same Sims in every world’s gym.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
    edited April 2019
    elelunicy wrote: »
    83bienchen wrote: »

Yup a crazy number of Sims are needed if all townies are confined to their own world and it’s unrealistic to do so. A compromise would be a priority system that prioritizes Sims living in the current world. For instance when you visit a gym in Windenburg the game should first pick gym trainers/visitors from Windenburg residents. If there aren’t enough Sims then the game can pick from Sims from other worlds or homeless Sims. This way it can ensure that it isn’t always the same Sims in every world’s gym.

But none of this is really true though is it? I was generally speaking about Sims placed in lots (not homeless townies) like the Goths, who don't "fill" roles other then being local neighbors.

My request/desire would be to see only sims living in a specific world (so lot placement) stick to their own neighborhood say 80% of the time. Townies are another matter and yes if all they are doing is filling a role like bartender I don't care if they are moonlighting two different jobs in two different worlds.

Its more I'd just prefer to interact with Sims (placed in lots) for specific worlds in those worlds. Honestly it feels like the game just constantly needs to throw a steady stream of Sims everyplace you go. From walk bys at home to the gym, ect.

Not every gym needs to be packed full for example with sims from every world. Or say the bar in strangerville, I don't picture it needing to be filled with random sims. It seems to me a bar I'd imagine that only has maybe 2 or 3 bar flies.

Then say a bigger city it would make sense to see more sims pass by or visit lots.

Actually maybe thats what this game needs, an option to set a lots priority for visitors. So low would be few visitors where high would be a lot. I think that might actually help and could easily be done when placing/designating a lot.
    I don’t view the sims 4 worlds as “worlds”. I view them as neighboring cities/towns. Simtopia or whatever this version is called is kind of like a state. Each “world” is a city/town in that state. Now the only place that doesn’t fit entirely with this is Salvadorada, but I’ll give it a pass.

• sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    I recently came across Sim Spawn Overhaul by Lotharihoe. It doesn't prevent Sims from appearing in other neighbourhoods, but it prefers local Sims to spawn in venues and walkby Sims are local only. (It does some other cool things, too!)

Not sure if it's okay to post the link but if you google the mod it's easy to find.

Hope this helps!
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.