Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favourite locale for a new Sim?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    Other (please state)
    I think I have started a game in every world that I own. I try not to use the same home neighborhood in multiple games, so that each story will feel unique. I do have a few that have been used more than once like Forgotten Hollow and some of the apartment buildings in San Myshuno, but those are mostly because I wanted a specific lifestyle for those sims.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member
    Other (please state)
    I voted "Others" because it depends on the Sims I'm playing. If they are single Sims or a couple, I like to start in San Myshuno. Fits into a "first apartment in the big city after graduating from University/getting their first job" kinda storyline. If they are a family, I prefer starting in Windenburg. Love the aesthetics and variety of premade households there! Feels like a real neighbourhood. :)
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Windenburg
    I put Windenburg, but its essentially a dead heat with Willow Creek in the large lot across from BFF household. Glimmerbrok is a distant third, Strangerville only if I want to do the quest again, and the others are ignored.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Other (please state)
    Depends on the type of Sim and the story I’m going for. I’m partial to Newcrest though as I enjoy building. But sometimes it’s Forgotten Hollow, Brindleton Bay, or anywhere that fits the Sim’s story really. :)

This is probably closest to me -- it depends on the Sim. Single Sims I'll usually start out in a San Myshuno apartment, at least till they either get married or they get fed up with the noisy neighbors. Couples/families start out in a house in one of the towns, usually Willow Creek or Windenburg since I like those towns the best.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Oasis Springs
    It really depends on what I am playing and why, but all other considerations aside, my favorite starter lot is tiny, cozy, modern Nookstone, in Oasis Springs.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Sulani
    After I got Island Living, its almost always Sulani. Before that it was Oasis Springs.
  • Options
    cchant86cchant86 Posts: 221 Member
    Other (please state)
    I tend to use Newcrest a lot because I can build out the type of town best suited for whatever style of game I'm playing (like once I was fooling around with the cast of Friends, so I made Newcrest into a sea of brownstone residences and trendy businesses the gang might like to visit.)

My latest game, though, I found an awesome cape style house on the gallery I wanted to use, so I started my game off with a new family in Brindleton Bay because that's where the house fit best.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Other (please state)
    I've had my Sims start out on probably every lot in the game by now depending on their purpose in life, be it a challenge or R2R. I tend to favor smaller lots though, usually the 20 x 15 size or similar. I play R2R most of the time and those Sims usually start on the following lots:
    • Mid Nowhere, Windenburg Island
    • Rustic Residence, Windenburg
    • Cottage Am See, Windenburg
    • The Lighthouse, Windenburg Island
    • Streamlet Single, Willow Creek
    • Creek Cabana, Willow Creek
    • Potter's Splay, Willow Creek
    • Hallow Slough, Willow Creek
    • Comfy Cubby, Newcrest
    • Oak Alcove, Newcrest
    • Nookstone, Oasis Springs
    • Agave Abode, Oasis Springs
    • Raffia Aquinta, Oasis Springs
    • Bedlington Boathouse, Brindleton Bay
    • Dachsund's Creek, Brindleton Bay
    • Hindquarter Hideaway, Brindleton Bay
    • Sporting Space, Brindleton Bay
    • Tail's End, Brindleton Bay
    • Slip 42, Strangerville
    • Creek Corner Cove, Strangerville
    • Cliffside Crest, Strangerville
    • Tangled Flat, Sulani
    • Key Point, Sulani
    • Caldera Camp, Sulani
    • Reef Finery, Sulani
    • Pier Perfection, Sulani
    • Glimmerbrook Watch, Glimmerbrook
    • Rockridge Springs, Evergreen Harbor
    • The Shipping Views, Evergreen Harbor
    • Canal Corner, Evergreen Harbor
    • Honeydew Fields, Britechester
    Very, very rarely will I start any of my Sims in San Myshuno, but if I do, my go to apartments are #17 & 18 Culpepper House in the Spice District.

From the above list, the lots I probably use the most are;
    • Mid Nowhere on Windenburg Island
    • Rustic Residence, Windenburg
    • Key Point & Reef Refinery, Sulani
    • Nookstone & Raffia Aquinta, Oasis Springs
    • Dachsund's Creek & Hindquarter Hideaway, Brindleton Bay
    • Slip 42, Strangerville
    • Hallow Slough, Willow Creek
    However, currently I've been playing a lot in Evergreen Harbor on the Shipping Views and Canal Corner lots.

My absolute Favorite Top 5 are;
    • Mid Nowhere & Rustic Residence, Windenburg Island
    • Key Point & Reef Refinery, Sulani
    • Dachsund's Creek, Brindleton Bay
    Honorable Mentions: Cliffside Crest, Strangerville & Glimmerbrook Watch, Glimmerbrook

Happy Simming! <3
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Oasis Springs
    Unless I'm using the free real estate cheat it's usually in Johnny Zests area. It's compact, has dig areas that are easy to find. Lots of normal plants and 4 fishing areas. I like to stack up some reward points early and get certain traits before I do much with them. So doing it this way is just efficient for me to get well into a number of aspirations. When they get the traits I want and enough money (I have them live really bare if they get much at all) they make their first move and do more of what I wanted them to do when I made them in CAS.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Gemmie12Gemmie12 Posts: 262 Member
    Other (please state)
    I would definitely throw my sims into Forgotten Hollow, even if their regular sims, aliens, spellcasters, or mermaids.
    CJcvgXD.png
    Lein Modded Legacy

OriginID/PSN: Gemmie12
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    edited September 2020
    Willow Creek or Brandenburg Bay. WC is for town sims, the Bay is more for 'country' sims. I use Oasis Springs a lot, too.
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited September 2020
    Other (please state)
    Of all the packs I have, the only world I've used only once is Forgotton Hollow. I find it annoying. I probably use Newcrest the most, but Oasis Springs and Windenburg are also favourites
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    An apartment in San Myshuno
    Sam Myshuno is my favourite world and I love the apartments so most of my new Sims start there. I just like to have them living in the big city.