Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I got enough answers. Thanks :) Close, please.

Comments

• Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited August 2020
    I WANT to play TS3 but I cannot as the graphics system is so outdated that my current computer will not run it. The only computer that I had which was old enough and able to run it broke, so I literally have no choice in that matter because I cannot afford to get yet another computer lol
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I DO play sims 3, when i dont want to play sims 4.
    I DO play TS3 (and TS2 sometimes) ... I actually played TS3 earlier today.

I play TS3 when I want to actually "play" a sims game. Same with TS2, if I'm in the mood to play open for business. But, TS3 always draws me in because I can customize so much and there's so many awesome mods for it. While I don't care for the default faces of TS3, with sliders you can achieve some very unique and "non-pudding" faced sims, and I much prefer the more alpha look of that game compared to TS4's cartoony playschool look.

But, I do miss some things when I'm in TS2 or TS3, such as the search function, the ability to freely move wall decor, the ability to raise/lower objects, the ability to shrink/enlarge objects. But, seriously, that's about it.

But TS4 is really lacking in different styled doors and windows compared to TS3. TS3 had much sleeker, more modern doors/windows in my opinion. In TS4 I find I use the exact same windows in all of my builds because they are the only ones that are not exaggeratedly oversized with huge frames.

As I said in another thread, there's things I DO like about TS4, but that list is not nearly as big as what I like about the other games.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I played the Sims 3 some more tonight and now I'm starting to like it. I bought my sim a tv and she actually sat on the couch to watch it. I couldn't believe it. I'm so used to my sims either standing in front of the couch or behind it to watch tv like in the Sims 4. I definitely will play some more tomorrow. My lack of faith in the current development team has made me loose interest in playing TS4 right now. :/
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I only use TS3 camera controls in TS4, so when I go back to TS3 it's not a huge re-learning curve for that. The TS4 camera was something I hated when I first tried it.

The one thing I did that made a huge difference in community lots was to install this mod that forces more sims on them. I have never had so many sims on one lot at the same time in TS3 before. I bet there were 15 sims chatting, eating from the buffet, playing chess, and pulling pranks on each other.

I also read that if you change the rabbit hole lots to "No Visitors Allowed" then sims won't just go there and stand outside which also forces them to go to "real" venues. I D/L'd a custom world remake of Sunset Valley and the rabbit hole venues were already set to No Visitors so I'm not sure if that helped or if it was the mod or a combination of both.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Um...I don't play the Sims 3 because I never played they Sims 3? Sims 4 is the first sims game I ever played, except maybe the first sims game when it first came out a bazillion years ago and I don't remember much about it (I was a child, so, memories are fuzzy there). I don't own the sims 3 and never have. I guess I could buy a whole 'nother, old game, and figure it out and start from scratch, but to me the Sims is the Sims 4, cause I never knew anything else.

Like...is sims 3 and all its packs available for free? Cause if not, I'm just not gonna spend money on an old game that I'm not familiar with.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    "FanPhoria wrote: »

Like...is sims 3 and all its packs available for free? Cause if not, I'm just not gonna spend money on an old game that I'm not familiar with.

No but I’ve seen steam frequently have it available for $5 many times in the past. Haven’t kept an eye this year though.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    The sims themselves in ts3 are just so ugly lol I can’t bring myself to play it. Maybe ts1 or 2 I’d go back and play

Actually with cc they can look even prettier than sims 4. Sims 2 sims actually look much worse. Even with cc :D simlicious2015
    I actually like Nouk's hairs the best in the Sims 2 and some of those cc hairs have been carried over into the Sims 3 and 4. Some of the Sims 2 conversations look really good in the Sims 4.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I dont go back to TS3 because im satisfied with TS4
    The first two options are kind of the same...

I have 3 installed in my pc and have had a good time for some time... but i got tired of having to choose with which eps i want to play each time and having to reduce the amount of them each time too due to performance issues.
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited August 2020
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    I WANT to play TS3 but I cannot as the graphics system is so outdated that my current computer will not run it. The only computer that I had which was old enough and able to run it broke, so I literally have no choice in that matter because I cannot afford to get yet another computer lol

That can be fixed. I play on a laptop with an RTX 2060 and it's fine. I did have to do a bit of fiddling to get the game to recognize my GPU and for it to treat my CPU as "uber," but there is a lot of help on line on how to do that. I also play it in Windows 7 compatibility mode which fixes a lot of performance issues for me (including lag), and I use an FPS limiter. Loading isn't an issue at all with a NVMe. Sims 3 certainly isn't the only older game that I had to do fiddling on it to get it to run properly.
  • Options
    thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    I dont go back to TS3 because Sims 4 is more modern, user friendly
    TS3 needs to be optimized before I can sit down and play it. It lags and stutters too much.
  • Options
    SimbastienSimbastien Posts: 111 Member
    I dont play sims 4 at all, i play sims 3 .
    I started playing The Sims fairly recently and people told me to get The Sims 3 instead of The Sims 4. I've thought about getting The Sims 4 for the build mode and rotational play but I'm having a lot of fun with TS3 and I just don't want to invest the time and money in The Sims 4 as well.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Just curious. For all the people having trouble with TS3, just how old are your computers? Whether old or new, all your problems are fixable. Plus you're right here in the forums where there is a big section for TS3. They can help you there if you haven't been able to figure it out yourself.

It's just strange that you still have problems with it when so many people don't - and they play the game on all different models of computers, both old and new, and various types of graphics cards and other hardware.

I really LOVE TS3! It is SO MUCH FUN with SO MUCH TO DO, If you have the game, then I don't want you to miss out on all the fun!

Because if you play TS3, it doesn't mean you have to stop enjoying TS4, but having the option to play TS3 will take the sting out of the disappointment you might feel when you don't like a pack being released for TS4.

You can also ask me about gameplay tips. I play TS3 in live mode more than creating sims or building lots.

• Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    The Sims 3 just looks gross. I HATE it's graphics style, while I adore how the Sims 4 looks.
    My computer also seriously struggles to run 3, and I like being able to use mods and cc, and my computer CANNOT run 3 with either.
  • Options
    maicemaice Posts: 167 Member
    To be honest I have tried more than once to go back to sims 3, but every moment was a struggle. Trying to recreate the sims I have come to love is pretty much impossible. I couldn't even figure out how to bulldoze a lot to build a house. Every time I change my resolution, it reverts back when I go to CAS. Frankly, I'm out of touch and don't have the patience to try to relearn the game and recreate my favorite families that have now been built through generations.

I love Sims 4, I really do! I don't want to go back to 3, I just want something more to do. Today is my first time opening the game since probably January. I know a few things have been updated but probably not enough. I know it's old news but I remain disappointed that knitting is the pack we got. And now a Star Wars pack. I don't care about Star Wars whatsoever. It's a niche pack that feels like a waste of time, instead of making this I wish they would have done more with base game that everyone has been crying for. I miss zombies crawling outside my windows while my family eats dinner. I miss hole in the ground. I miss that wacky stuff. I want 4 to be better, I don't want to go back to 3.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited August 2020
    Just curious. For all the people having trouble with TS3, just how old are your computers? Whether old or new, all your problems are fixable. Plus you're right here in the forums where there is a big section for TS3. They can help you there if you haven't been able to figure it out yourself.

It's just strange that you still have problems with it when so many people don't - and they play the game on all different models of computers, both old and new, and various types of graphics cards and other hardware.

I really LOVE TS3! It is SO MUCH FUN with SO MUCH TO DO, If you have the game, then I don't want you to miss out on all the fun!

Because if you play TS3, it doesn't mean you have to stop enjoying TS4, but having the option to play TS3 will take the sting out of the disappointment you might feel when you don't like a pack being released for TS4.

You can also ask me about gameplay tips. I play TS3 in live mode more than creating sims or building lots.

I have a very new self-built gaming rig. My issue with Sims 3 is the camera controls. That is something that really can not be fixed.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I dont go back to TS3 because its dated in some way (explain below)
    The clothing and graphic styles are outdated, and build mode is better in Sims 4. That's it. Maybe I should re-install and play anyway. I mean, if the game is better, maybe I don't need build mode because I'll be playing the game... And I did get used to all my choices being swatches, so maybe I can get used to outdated clothes. CC isn't a rabbit hole I want to let myself go down.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    LordOfTendonsLordOfTendons Posts: 250 Member
    I can play TS3, TS4 and complain all at the same time.
  • Options
    username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member

I have a very new self-built gaming rig. My issue with Sims 3 is the camera controls. That is something that really can not be fixed.

But with sims 4, i play with sims 3 camera control settings. I cant stand sims 4 camera. You play with sims 4's camera?
    Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P
  • Options
    DaeneliaDaenelia Posts: 757 Member
    Actually, I really want to play the sims 2. It's better than the sims 3, in terms of gameplay.
    I wish my newer system could properly handle it, but even on my old system I needed mods to make it playable. So there. After 4 versions of the sims, only the original was problem free for me. All other versions had some issues. Most of which were fixed by fans/third party mods.

I will figure it out, I probably have the mods somewhere downloaded on a drive somewhere.
    Dae's Sims 4 Houses -see what I've been building.
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member

I don’t like the camera controls either. It takes forever for me to get the camera at an angle that I like. Then when I switch to view the map and then go back to my sim, the camera is all messed up again.
  • Options
    But with sims 4, i play with sims 3 camera control settings. I cant stand sims 4 camera. You play with sims 4's camera?

Same here, I hated the TS4 camera when it first came out, I was so happy to see they implemented TS3's camera to use. The only time I use TS4 camera is when I need to really get up close to something at an angle that TS3's camera doesn't do.

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I played the Sims 3 some more tonight and now I'm starting to like it. I bought my sim a tv and she actually sat on the couch to watch it. I couldn't believe it. I'm so used to my sims either standing in front of the couch or behind it to watch tv like in the Sims 4. I definitely will play some more tomorrow. My lack of faith in the current development team has made me loose interest in playing TS4 right now. :/

That sounds like me when I went back to sims 2 after three weeks of solely playing sims 4. “What, you are actually sitting down around the table with your whole family? Autonomously??” “You aren’t standing around in the yard for three hours after you finish work doing nothing?”

It was so funny.

I hope you can persevere with the Sims 3. It is a different beast to the sims 4 but it’s a great game.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited August 2020

Yes. I purchased the game in 2016. The Sims 4 camera is the default and is more similar to the camera controls in the original first iteration of the series. Like I said I purchased Sims 3 in 2019 on sale and after playing about 20 minutes was so frustrated with the camera controls that I have not touched it since.
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    My choice wasn't there, so I picked the closest one.

But the reason some of us hang about complaining about Sims 4 instead of just playing Sims 3 is because we don't actually hate Sims 4, we just feel it could be much better. Also, many of us have bought pack after pack in the hopes that if we add enough stuff the game will be more fun, because it worked for the previous games, so when that didn't happen we became disappointed. Once you have spent hundreds of dollars on Sims 4 I think you have earned the right to complain.

Personally, the reason I have not went back to Sims 3 is because my game is having issues and I don't want to spend a weekend fixing it, but eventually I plan to.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I just play TS2 when I don't want to play TS4.
    Personally I'd go back to play TS3 but I don't want to have to download a ton of mods just to get the game to work right due to all of the lag even though my processor can handle it as well as my graphics card the game just lags too much.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top