Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List The Things You Find "Good" About TS4

Comments

• Options
    SimsterLivSimsterLiv Posts: 92 Member
    CAS is amazing and I love decorating too. But the biggest thing I think I love is the cc you can get and its for free x
  • Options
    HSDevHSDev Posts: 17 Member
    edited November 2021
    ‎‎‎‎‎
    Post edited by HSDev on
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I like the CAS, Build Tools, Objects, Spellcasters, Vampires, Windenburg, Glimmerbrook,
    Forgotten Hollow, Island, Oasis Springs, Strangerville, Alien Abductions with Alien Babies.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

I love working with the terrain-tools. Not having a completely flat lot feels so much better. Trying to have little natural variation on the ground does a lot for my enjoyment of playing on a lot :)
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I like the Alien Abductions with Alien Babies. to I wish they had more events like that in game
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    grassharpgrassharp Posts: 70 Member
    edited August 2020
    There is quite a lot to love about The Sims 4 and despite its flaws—very real flaws—it is still the iteration of the franchise that I enjoy the most. The art, in my opinion, is the best of any of the games. CAS and building are both top notch and I absolutely love them. Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get Together, Get To Work, and City Living all brought so much to the game. The Gurus have been mostly responsive to the community of players when it’s possible and when I listen to them, I get the sense that they understand the limitations of the game and are just as frustrated as we are. Most of them are also players, so they don’t lack insight.

Edited to add: The occult life states are also a huge improvement with the structure of their abilities, how they look/interact with the world, and the overall fun of playing them.
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Oh, there’s a lot of things i love about the game! CAS is amazing, BB is easy to use even for a non-builder like me, the graphics are so nice and the game has always run fantastic for me, even when i played on a lousy laptop :)

I think I’ve spent more hours playing TS4, than all the other games put together :lol: I also think it’s one of my most played games overall. It’s a great escape for me :blush:
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Yay positivity!
    Honestly there is a lot to like about TS4! Yes it has some flaws, very big serious flaws but I don't by the DLC hoping it's gonna fix it I buy the DLC because I genuinely enjoy the game and like the new features ideas etc.

My favorite things:
    CAS - in general it's just really fun and simple to make Sims.

BB - being able to click and drag walls/roofs is such a helpful change from previous games.

The little things - I know lots of people find the game lacking or find it shallow but there are lots of little things and fun details that you have to dig a little deeper to enjoy. Things like animations change when Sims increase in skill levels. Different emotions can affect interactions differently. Things like in Cats and Dogs cats can dig through trash piled and find scrap parts for you or that cats and dogs can bring mystery gifts home to you. Just those little things in the game can make it seem much more alive.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I love sending my Sim somewhere and then switching to first-person view. It’s very relaxing to watch the world go by and listen to the sound of birds singing or whatever.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Besides the things that i love in sims 4 already mentioned, i really love the household and world manager.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I love when you visit a community lot there always sims around, I think despite not having a colour wheel, you can still create sims that look very different too each other without cc, clothing is better fitted unlike in the sims 3, clothing looked 2 sizes too big, I love that your not just stuck in one world and you dont have too have lots of different saves too explore it all, sims multi- tasking, I prefer the sims 4 version of seasons, university and I also love that I dont need too control pets
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    I like the fact that it doesn't lock you into a certain playing style, you don't have to play it "straight" if you don't want to. Even in the base game with no mods, the potential for creating funny scenarios is still there
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    I like the very real effect different combinations of traits can have on a sim. When parenthood came out there were even more traits to further adjust that. You can have a fairly pleasant sim who occasionally says insensitive things all the way to a genuinely horrible sim with good manners.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    1. Build mode: The ability to move rooms around instead of having to change an entire build.
    2. Being able to visit all the different worlds in one save gives good variety to the scenery.

That is all.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Little details can be really good :)

Have a main sim who is a cat lover. She ended up having really great chemistry with another townie cat lover and they now live together.

They can “share love of cats”, just a nice little thing that I never had seen before even when I have played other cat loving sims before.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I could spend half of my time in the Sims just reading the item descriptions in the build/buy mode menus... they always crack me up and put a big smile on my face. The dev's have a great sense of humour! :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Another underrated thing I enjoy is the sound. Not the voices or the music, but the ambient stuff. Especially outdoors in certain weather. With a pair of headphones on it can be very immersive.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    Another underrated thing I enjoy is the sound. Not the voices or the music, but the ambient stuff. Especially outdoors in certain weather. With a pair of headphones on it can be very immersive.

Ohhh really? I never listen to my game, ever. I'll have to try that. Although I was playing TS3 yesterday with my headset on and it was LOUD at the venue I was at, lots of chatter and music, sort of distracted me. I kept trying to pan around to see what all the commotion was. LOL
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I like the initiative of this thread.

Coming from TS3 I am amazed by the flexibility of Build mode, just everything in it. And the game really is beautiful.
    I appreciate the sims and neighbourhoods being separate with loading screens; combined with the openess of the worlds, in terms of every world being accessible for living or travel. And the flexibility in CAS when creating gender is a relief; well fitting a light-hearted game.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    So_Money wrote: »

Ohhh really? I never listen to my game, ever. I'll have to try that. Although I was playing TS3 yesterday with my headset on and it was LOUD at the venue I was at, lots of chatter and music, sort of distracted me. I kept trying to pan around to see what all the commotion was. LOL

I usually listen to music myself, but whenever I do listen to the game, I notice the ambient sounds.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited August 2020
    Isharell wrote: »
    The Vampires are cool (but I do wish they were a bit more aggressive - I think a slider would be good, so you could choose the frequency of attacks from 'rarely visit' to 'frequent visits' to 'constant').

"Vampires" was one of the packs I was least interested in. However, playing it, it's a cartoon version. Which is fun! Still, I found I was playing them 'too nice' so put in parents to make their kids smarten up and be more "Vampirical". :DB)>:)

b7DJh4r.png

"Morticia! I can't believe our offsprings are being so nice! What happened to the Vampire ways?"
    KAkjFvD.png

"Ghoere, don't worry. I'll teach them how to manipulate and feed off the mortals!"
    6PFq1yq.png

EDIT: So, yeah, "Vampires" is a pack I surprisingly like! Staying with the "things you find good topic".
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited September 2020
    Best toddlers hands down IMO.

I like how many recipes there are. I like Dine out a lot. The whole concept of going out on a date to a restaurant really appeals to me. Though I wish they could create more "Date night" or "family night" type venues. I like the multitasking when it actually works. It does have a lot of bugs though. I like how you can put items on different slots in book shelves. I do like the way these sims look better. I also like the ability to switch houses in one save so easily.

My major complaint compared to previous games is weird... Teens. Teens were always my favorite life stage to play, and now they are basically my least. :( I really feel there is hardly anything that makes them unique.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    - I like CAS and build mode.
    - I like that we can travel between different worlds.
    - The gallery.
    - Multitasking.
    - Toddlers are adorable.
    - I like the calendar and club system.
    - Mod support.
    - Less rabbit holes.
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited September 2020
    - I like CAS and build mode.
    - I like that we can travel between different worlds.
    - The gallery.
    - Multitasking.
    - Toddlers are adorable.
    - I like the calendar and club system.
    - Mod support.
    - Less rabbit holes.

I don't get the less rabbit holes one. For me personally I think I'd rather have a psychical location I can see my sims go to for work/school then just have them vanish off screen?

I forgot though Mod installation is SOOO much better in 4. Installing mods on 3 is a pain.
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    - Everything in CAS (minus the lack of a color wheel). CAS for Pets is super awesome.
    - Autocomplete needs.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif