Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey to Baatu : new pack! Your thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I am not excited or interested. That reveal did nothing for me . I will most likely skip.
    My break from buying packs continues. I just can't be bothered, there is too little content, too many bugs. This expands the game with a...star wars universe?
  • Options
    MitheledhMitheledh Posts: 14 New Member
    This poll needs a fifth option: I am SUPER into the Star Wars theme, but it's Disney Star Wars, which is trash, so I'm disappointed.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I am not excited or interested. That reveal did nothing for me . I will most likely skip.
    I think Sims fans owe Katy Perry an apology for all the hate she got for 'Katy Perry Sweet Treats'... does anyone actually think that was worse than this? I mean, let's be real... at least Sweet Treats was part of a contract she did because of the special edition of 'Showtime'... this Star Wars pack literally just came out of nowhere and was something absolutely nobody would have even asked for!

I even feel bad for criticizing 'Eco Lifestyle' when it was first announced... because even that is much better than this trash!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I am vaguely interested,and i will most likely buy the Star Wars pack
    Why is “most likely skip” not, I won’t buy? It’s still a chance it would be bought. I’m not buying at all

Because until we see more...we cant know for certain.

I think "most likely skip" might leave room for "if it goes on a really good sale" or "if I need a GP to fill out a bundle" folks.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    edited August 2020
    I was vaguely interested when the rumors were swirling around. But now that I've actually seen the trailer, my interest has pretty much tanked. This is probably the most tone deaf pack they've come up with since Sweet Treats.

I really hate skipping big gameplay packs but this one doesn't really offer anything for me. And I'm usually really into fantasy/sci-fi stuff. So unless the the obligatory live stream does something for me, this'll be thrown in the bin with Strangerville, My First Pet Stuff, and Jungle Adventure as a pack I'm never spending money on.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    Although I've seen and enjoyed all the movies I'm not super into Stars Wars but I'm really excited to get this pack. Initially I was meh about the theme but looking forward to it now.
  • Options
    DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    Personally I’m really disappointed with this game pack I won’t be spending my money on anything related to Star Wars as I’m not a fan like @NotSoLucky said Of all the things they could have given us.... they pump out this trash.
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    100% chance that I will never buy this pack.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I am SUPER into the Star Wars theme and cant wait!
    Give it! Give it here now, I want my ship!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I guess if I can't go to Galaxy's Edge myself due to the pandemic (Disneyland is still closed, Disney World is open but a very long flight for me) at least my sim can go? I suppose this will be the vacation destination for my "geeky" sims. If I do buy it, I'll wait for a good sale. No motivation to get it when it's released though.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I don't know yet, I need more information before I can be excited or not. And then I should probably still be less excited because lately theory and practice have differed a bit too much for my taste (NAPs...).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    None of the voting options really fit for me.

Star Wars was extremely important to me when I was a teenager about 30 years ago. And it has always had a soft spot in my heart even long after I really lost interest. You'd think I would be excited.

But I am not sure how I feel about this. I was hoping for a more open-ended flexible alien or space mission theme, rather than something tied so specifically to one widely recognized real world movie franchise. Just like, I'd be excited by a super hero pack that allowed us to imagine and create our own super hero stories, but I wouldn't want it to actually be The Avengers. The Sims games have always done a good job of alluding to real world culture and entertainment but still making it something different so that it feels like the sims live in their own world. This feels weird and jarring to me.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Why is “most likely skip” not, I won’t buy? It’s still a chance it would be bought. I’m not buying at all

Because until we see more...we cant know for certain.

Oh for plums sake it's a star wars pack. What more is there to see?
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    It not that I don’t like Star Wars it’s that I don’t want it in my sim game. I can honestly say I have never been more disappointed in a pack reveal.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    edited August 2020
    It's way too early for anyone to make a decision, there might be many features we don't know about yet, but I'll probably not get it. Not because I find it looking dull or bad. I'm sure lots of simmers will enjoy it. It's not going well with my realistic game, that's my excuse. And, I'm on a rather old pc, must reserve the remaining hard drive space for some future pack that I can't live without.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I wouldn't even buy it for the CAS or build/buy. As I mentioned elsewhere, I don't think any of the pack will mesh well with the rest of the game.

I can only imagine the horrendously dressed townies that would start popping up.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Atm i can't find a skill, career or other feature that i can blend with the rest of the game. The trailer was maybe clear for someone that knows the SW story but for me, i didn't get anything 😅 so for now, it's a no. I'll still watch the livestream though... (if there's one)
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited August 2020
    I don't know what to choose. I'm not interested at Star Wars. I've seen the first three movies long time ago and I don't even remember what happened in them. I found them quite boring.
    I don't know how playable this pack is if you don't know (or remember) anything about Star Wars. I sure didn't understand anything about the trailer. :confused:
    Are the alien creatures going to be walking around in every world? Are random Sims going to be wearing Star Wars clothing everywhere?
    I have so many questions...
    I'm just not interested right now. I know there are going to be CAS items that I like and it's going to be difficult to say no to them, but... I don't know. :(
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    I'm on board.

I've been kind of meh about the last couple of packs. Bought 'em, haven't really been inspired by them enough to do anything in terms of gameplay.

Star Wars can drag me back into playing for a little while, maybe even a long while. I'm ready for my simself to get her Star War on.
  • Options
    mlee2768mlee2768 Posts: 259 Member
    Bad call EA! Not at all interested in your not so subtle shove to promote the cash cow that dried up and died when the SW franchise was destroyed because the formula was changed to fit in with the times.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I'm not "super" into the theme, but I think it sounds different and fun. I'm looking forward to it.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I dont care for the Star Wars theme much, but im buying this for Build/Buy/CAS , etc.
    Actually I'll buy it for my granddaughter, because Sims is something we do together and she loves Star Wars, but in my own saves I'll mostly use the CAS or maybe use the world for a resort vacation spot for my alien and astronaut sims like I sometimes do with Jungle Adventure without doing the main storyline. But probably not until a sale or an occasion to get it as a gift.
  • Options
    SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    I’m definitely not buying this (and I like Star Wars) I don’t play sims for that ! Hopefully a patch of normal items ie bunk beds will make me happy before Nov expansion pack
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i accept the new pack but its not what i was expecting as a player i would of prefered to see a retro content style pack 1950,1960,1970,1980,1990, 2000 to now like retro style appliances kitchen stove fridge dishwashers of the mentions years laundry washer dryer top load washer with matching dryer furniture bedroom living room tv sets list is long clothes hairstyle
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I can't answer atm. I really dislike starwars but I love new content for sims. BUT is this a destenation pack? A place you can live? One thing is are all these sims in costumes or is that there forever look because if it is they need to fix genetics then. If my sim has a baby with a green guy with horns and the baby is green with horns, Id consider this pack.