Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play as your Simself?

Comments

• Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    Other.
    I did create my Simself (mainly to share on reddit) and I did make him live in a simified version of my house and his might be the main save file I’m currently playing. But for me, he’s just another character in my drama. He has my face and traits but I don’t think I’m living vicariously through him or playing out any what if fantasies. He’s just sorta there.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    No. I play The Sims to take a break from myself and 'real life'.
    I just have never felt interested in playing myself.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Other.
    Wow, I never realized how many people are creeped out by the idea of playing their Simself.

I have one but she's a little more like an alter ego and she's there in my world of the bizarre because that's where I want to be, lol. She's partnered with a Final Fantasy character and they have some offspring, some of whom have grown but I play with aging off so they don't really age past young adults. My game is fantastical and my Sims don't die of old age though they are susceptible to unexpected deaths. My Simself and her family usually test some of the new packs so they kind of live the dream. Right now she's a B-list famous guitarist and actor and her partner recently got abducted by Aliens. He's died once, of hysterical laughter, and she went into mourning and dressed all in black for a while, learning everything she needed to create the Ambrosia to bring him back. It was a lot of work and took a while, but she did it. They had just had a daughter who aged up to a child right before he died and the little girl tried to befriend the Grim Reaper to find a way to get revenge on him one day, lol. She was a genius and had to be pretty independent because her mother was obsessed with getting her lover back. It worked out in the end. Her mom had to date his ghost for a while, but they were happy. :D

I think it's funny to throw a simself out there with Vampires and Wizards and hidden temples and Strangerville and stuff. It's not really living vicariously, more like living "deliciously". ;)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    Other.
    I don't play my Simself at all in Sims 4. I just haven't felt compelled to.

My avatar is my Simself from Sims 2. I picked other instead of yes though because I've never used my real name in the game. She looks similar to me, but she always has her own name and personality.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Hey it's awesome that some people love playing their simself. B)

Me, No. I have enough dishes to wash, laundry to do, repairs around the house, lawn work, job work, going to the toilet, showering/bathing, sleeping, cooking, drinking water, etc etc etc... that I don't really feel like taking a break from that to then play a simulated me doing all that stuff in a virtual game. :D;)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Other.
    I have played as my Simself in a "What If" scenario. I have also played a realistic version of my Simself in a scenario based on what were then current real-life experiences.

But it is rare to play my Simself. I have about 250 played characters, and my Simself is one of the least-played of those. So I was pretty surprised the other day, when my current played household had the Welcome Wagon visit, and the Welcome Wagon was my Simself! The current character I was playing was based on a doll I have had since I was little, so it all felt very surreal, watching myself visiting my childhood doll.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited August 2020
    Other.
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    No because it's too creepy for me.

Creepy is a good word to describe how it feels for me.

Indeed. Watching my simself woohoo with Judith Ward or Father Winter is something I’d never want to experience. 😳
    Yeah....those aren't my woohoo choices. Akira Kibo my Simself gets along with super well so she married him and he is a vampire. There was one Sim I had made that ended up looking like a guy I liked and when things didn't end well, I ended up getting rid of my first Sims 4 save.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited August 2020
    Other.
    I don’t play as myself but my main sim is a reflection of myself if that makes sense ? Traits are Creativity (I like to draw), vegetarian ( 10 years and going strong) & child of the ocean (I love diving the pacific )Mermaid occult (my inner me lol) , career is scientist (I’ve always been into chemistry & experimenting), hobbies such as yoga , dancing & video games.

Edited to add more
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Other.
    Justin wrote: »
    I don’t play as myself but my main sim is a reflection of myself if that makes sense ? Traits are similar to me, career & hobbies. Mermaid (my inner me lol)
    Woot fellow merfolk!
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    Other.
    Scobre wrote: »
    Justin wrote: »
    I don’t play as myself but my main sim is a reflection of myself if that makes sense ? Traits are similar to me, career & hobbies. Mermaid (my inner me lol)
    Woot fellow merfolk!

Woot! Hopefully we get diving lots in the future
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Yes. I play/ have played as my Simself in a 'What if' scenario.
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

Me, No. I have enough dishes to wash, laundry to do, repairs around the house, lawn work, job work, going to the toilet, showering/bathing, sleeping, cooking, drinking water, etc etc etc... that I don't really feel like taking a break from that to then play a simulated me doing all that stuff in a virtual game. :D;)

Oh my sim self gets to have help with all that. LOL In 3 my sim got to travel the world as well. I would never torture my sim into my humdrum real life. Sims is my way to take my (self) out of it.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    mercuryfoammercuryfoam Posts: 1,156 Member
    NEVA.

I did make one that looks like me but she's collecting dust somewhere in my game. Now I make whatever and call the sim my simself even if they don't look a shred like me. I'm controlling them anyway. My thought processes are theirs. :)
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    I created a simself, but because of the games limitations, she really looks nothing like me, so it's not like I get any fulfilment from it. I do like her and play with her quite a bit though.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I don't play as myself in a regular basis. I usually play as my simself when each game is first released and I don't know what to do yet. I did this when I first played Sims 2, Sims 3 and Sims 4. I just do it once and then never again.
    Don't ask me why, I've always found playing other sims a lot more interesting. I guess it's some kind of a tradition in my mind.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    I tried to make a simself once, ended up loathing her and had her sister murder her with death flower arrangement for story purposes. Never again.
  • Options
    simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    No. But it's sounds exciting and I might give it a go in the future.
    Lol I’ve never done it but I migggght try this
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    Admiral8Q wrote: »

Oh my sim self gets to have help with all that. LOL In 3 my sim got to travel the world as well. I would never torture my sim into my humdrum real life. Sims is my way to take my (self) out of it.

Heh heh! I was being a bit sarcastic-humour. ;)

I sort-of have a sim-me, but it's not really me and only looks a bit like me. I don't play him as "me" either. It was my attempt to make a simself. I gave up and just put him in the game as a played character.

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    I don't really play my simself, but I did create one in one save where I have all my favorite fictional characters that I try not to touch much, just add to. I use her to test new content and stuff and sometimes I like seeing what happens to her and I find it hilarious. It's not something I take seriously. I don't think I'd try to recreate real people I know, though.
  • Options
    Serious_sims_gamer43Serious_sims_gamer43 Posts: 523 Member
    I am working (slowly) on a world with my friends and family in houses around the world and I did create a world with just my family who I live with and I gave myself the top floor and a massive TV and a really good computer you get the idea
  • Options
    silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    Other.
    I'd like to have a simself in the game, but it's impossible to create myself in the sims, due to lack of traits, romance options, and bad skin/hair colour (jaundice yellow skin with blue-black hair are the closest shades to me). I want to create a simself to have wander around in the game, not to play, but to see what wacky things they get up to when I'm playing other sims, but of course, a simself needs to resemble me in some way, and it's not possible atm.
  • Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    Other.
    I did but that was 6 sim generations ago
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    sofasimsofasim Posts: 128 Member
    edited August 2020
    Other.
    I don't have the skills to make a simself that actually looks like me xD. I do make sims with my own traits and dreams so there's a little bit of me in them.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited August 2020
    Other.
    The answer is No simply because I dont want to. Not necessarily to "escape" since I play video games regularly, nor do I plan on ever trying it out. I have a rule of not creating sims that are purposely modeled after real people, myself included. I find it...odd.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Other.
    I did create a simself, but I don't think it looks like me much lol. As it turns out, it's hard to try and recreate yourself in a Sims game.

I did it just so that my avatar on the forums and my Tumblr blog would be my simself. I have stopped doing that though, and I mostly just use my favourite sims as my avatar (e.g. I'll create a new sim each time there's a new expansion or game pack, and use them as my latest avatar).

Whenever I use my simself in game, it's usually because I'm building something and need a sim to test my build and use the tab mode camera.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    nahnahtodeinahnahtodei Posts: 58 Member
    I see enough of myself in real life... I have actually never created a Sim Self. Don't think I ever will, either. :P