Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it just me or does anyone else want a farm pack?

Comments

• Options
    Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    Other
    candy8 wrote: »
    Yes why don't they make an intelligent pack for a change one that reflects real life.

I dont find farming anymore "intelligent" than anything else. Sometimes i wonder why people waste time on a game they find unintelligent :D
  • Options
    j1z1j1z1 Posts: 311 Member
    Other
    Not interested, but I'm sure I could find something to enjoy about it (horses?).
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Havent decided
    drakharis wrote: »
    The only thing I would use is horses in the pack. I would rather have a Native American Pack to bring more diversity into the game. I would rather have my sims have a drumming circle, different dances (butterfly dance, hoop dance, and other dances to honour the NativeAmerican people. Being able to craft different clothes and accessories, medicine people, dream catchers to help our sims gain a positive mood as soon as they wake up and more. Native Americans are one of the cultures/races not represented in the sims. I would call for more diversity first.

I was just thinking about how cool it would be to have an indigenous peoples pack. It would come with a world with no technology, plus horses and indigenous crafts.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Other
    No more packs based around labor please. Lets have some leisurely activities, of which we barely have any. I want fairs/carnivals in my game. I loved the Arcade idea that was presented a while ago .

While I'm not against the idea of a farming pack, the idea of farming labour itself sounds very dull and repetitive to me.

I struggle to get my sims to tend to their garden :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    Other
    To clarify ...I would enjoy a farming pack...I said other because I have to think we are reaching the end of the road here with the sims 4. I am not tech savvy in the least but how much more stuff can we add now without some serious bugs...i remember how Island paradise in sims 3 really created issues. it was routing problems many said but honestly i will never know.
    I would like a generations pack perhaps better over a farming. I want more romance for my sim couples...it feels to empty the way it is now...so for them to be able to cuddle in bed a bit ..to be able to slow dance....kiss options should increase as the relationship grows...like passionate or romantic kiss. There should be more couple sits ...it would be fun if sims could sit in the lap of their significant other while they talk. Romantic picnics at the park...and romantic gifts would be nice. It seems the interactions need more feel good moments...making a favorite meal for anyone in the family would be nice. I know that freeing the babies will most likely never happen and it is what it is but that is such a shame for simmers who enjoy family play. I would love it if my first time mother could bathe her newborn, offer some floor play (baby mat) change the diaper on a diaper changing table and take her baby outside for a walk (stroller or pram) The newborn life state seems important to have bonding moments and offer an improved life simulation experience. kids need more ways to burn off calories..they can play on the swings and the monkey bars but they need something more like being able to use the rock climbing wall or even the tread mill. kids should be able to do some garden skills ...even if all they can do is water..give them chores to do. lol I could go on and on.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited August 2020
    Hell no!
    If you want to farm just go and play Stardew Valley, it's an amazing game with awesome storylines and lots of content. I highly recommend it. I don't want farming in TS4, it's far too broad of a subject and might run the risk of upsetting some players (i.e meat/dairy production). Not to mention there aren't any lots big enough to house a proper farm, gameplay would just end up being "sell X to farmers market" or something along those lines. Tak about boring.

Honestly, as someone who'd like to see more occult gameplay, I'd just love to see more of the weird, freaky and supernatural, over the mundane boring life that is farming.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Other
    I don't mind, but what will be included? Farm animals? We already have the crops that grow with the seasons... so, I wonder what else that can be included that make the farm pack more appealing? Though it's not on my priority list, but it will be interesting to have, if there's more gameplay, activities, events or skills, like churning, making yarn, bi-products, etc. I personally think that, the current packs that we have always included new items for gardening/"farming", which I want to believe that, it could be a prep for a big pack. Yet, I could be wrong.

We already see some Simmers do against the artificial meat that comes with the EL, do you think that by having farm animals will make it worse?
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    Havent decided
    I’m struggling to understand what new things a farming pack would add to the game. We already have so many different plants and trees, so you can already make a farm or orchard in the game. I have farmer whose entire property is basically covered in trees and edible plants. What else is there? I’ve seen posts about chickens which I guess would be cute though.
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    Other
    ImSands wrote: »
    I’m struggling to understand what new things a farming pack would add to the game. We already have so many different plants and trees, so you can already make a farm or orchard in the game. I have farmer whose entire property is basically covered in trees and edible plants. What else is there? I’ve seen posts about chickens which I guess would be cute though.

in the sims 3 through the store ..we could purchase a tractor ..the tractor could follow a route and help with watering your plants and other gardening chores..i cannot recall if it would harvest but i think it would..your kids could catch a ride on the wagon hitched up to the tractor. ....a canning station so we could can harvestables to use in recipes ...we used to have one in sims 2 i think ..a little stove with boiling pots and an interaction so you could haul your cans up from boiling water and have them on a shelf ...you can make a pantry should you like ...the hen house you would collect your eggs..eggs would go in the fridge to use for the family or you sell your eggs to pocket the simoleons ...like you would do with much of your harvestables ...sell them. you would also have cows to milk and milk could go in the fridge or you sell it as well ...you would harvest hay and your sims can woo hoo in the hay stacks ...you would get new harvestables ...you could make pickles and jams to take to the county fair and maybe you would get a blue ribbon.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yes yes yes!
    Don't forget we could also get a new crop out of it as well... CORN! :) Also, it would be a great opportunity to bring back werewolves, phases of the moon, and possibly zodiac signs too!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    It's just you
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Yes yes yes!
    Yes! Yes! i would love a farming pack :p
  • Options
    laazygnomelaazygnome Posts: 255 Member
    Yes yes yes!
    Yes! Imagine all the cute farm themed furniture items!
  • Options
    AfterallthistimeAfterallthistime Posts: 1 New Member
    I wouldn't mind it. There are thing's they can use like harvesting sap from Maple tree's,making syrup and candy. Grow your prized pigs or pumpkins to take to the county fair to be judged and win ribbons or something to that effect. Get rid of pesky crows from your crops. harvesting wool, choose if you want a animal based farm or grown from the seed. Make your own cheese is some idea's that come to mind. The yearly County fair with games and activities for your Sim to do besides having their products judged.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Yes yes yes!
    I'd love a farm pack.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    cherrysim_cherrysim_ Posts: 25 Member
    Yes yes yes!
    yes please! :bawling: I've been waiting for a farm pack for so long I really hope we get it some day
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Yes yes yes!
    I think generations aspects and farming aspects would tie nicely as one EP. I do want Farming, but I don't want the majority of my households to be farmers. So, I'll be happy with 4-5 different activities that can be run independently, or by buying ingredients from another small scale farmer. If one household keep sheep, another can buy wool to produce yarn. If one household keep cows, another can buy milk to produce butter, etc. Knowing how quickly a simday go by, it would not be easy doing all farm things in the same household. Also, many of us are playing on rotation, meaning we don't play the same house 20 days in a row. Anyway, focus on generations should work fine with farm life :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Yes yes yes!
    To me, a farm pack could be a great game pack. After all the gardening could be expanded upon to include harvesting crops...remember the tractor from Sims 3? I loved my farm, even if it was a little borked, lol. Mostly a farm pack would deliver pigs, chickens and cows. No horses, that would be a ranch pack.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Other
    I am not really interested in a farm pack, but I do hope they create one for those who are. I can always skip that pack if it doesn't have any features i think will make it worthwhile for me.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Yes yes yes!
    Please EA :)

I want,

chicks for eggs
    cows for milking
    pigs as pets <3
    sheep for wool
    goats for cheese

riding and caring for horses

proper pond/lake tool

fishing/swimming included

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    Yes yes yes!
    Yes, please!
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I thought farming would be super popular, i was kinda surprised when that fake leak happened and there was "backlash". It makes sense because we are diverse in our gameplay but i still thought this theme would be majorly well accepted.
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I don't have a huge need for a farming pack. We already had the crop farming overhaul, so I don't know what new could a farming pack possibly bring other than animals which would probably end up being low-quality.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Other
    I like the idea. However, I doubt the current team would be allowed the resources to do it properly. It's much more complex than many people realize, so requires attention to detail, something conspicuous by it's absence in this version. Also doubt the engine could cope with it.
  • Options
    Gecko420Gecko420 Posts: 245 Member
    Havent decided
    I’m vegan irl so most of the stuff you do on farms with animals doesn’t suit my vegan lifestyle even though I do do lots of non vegan activities in video games. Sometimes I will have my sims fish occasionally even though I wouldn’t do that in real life. And as for the gardening aspect of farming I mean we already have eco lifestyle and honestly my gardens aren’t complete until I have some fairies to tend to my gardens in game.
    t0j4i8.jpg