Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it just me or does anyone else want a farm pack?

I would love a farm pack have a few animals that you can get food from like eggs milk etc and make cheese with it and new recipes it would also go in well with eco life it would be so good and maybe do it that we could go shopping for our food items again

Is it just me or does anyone else want a farm pack? 207 votes

Yes yes yes!
58%
crocobauraBluegaylebshag4lvcatmom1987brackencat31Icewolfjobug1015alexspoom13alan650111IceyJSimmervilleLoreleilee73BlkBarbiegalAlrynnmcruddIsb917shokorosekeekee53elemmeleasimbsim 121 votes
Hell no!
13%
Kathy090660JueJueMi9shaoscarSnuffyBucketSirenLuminosalanmichael1sekojranaKhrisstyneTeeSeatroshalomTenchi2ahalloweenchildLisamango0APottsdrakharisOnverserQueenMercysillyangel0906SimsLovinLycanAbraKadabra 28 votes
Havent decided
10%
Akl500PCamkatMariefoxprice83jafo88fanGracieO312bixtersFelicity1169ImSandsGecko420mebagl15MHsimsFanMrsC1990birdonawireGamingTweetyhaisinpopstarsleyRouensimsAngeliqueAdelaideorenjiAiCassieb95 21 votes
Other
17%
GoldmoldarKita5399Sara1010Psam123wickichickPaigeisin5liliaethalyssasim87BabykittyjadeSelinaKylesParmaViolet87texxx78ChadSims2Oldeseadoggemustenijbadger12simmerLellaj1z1Vivi_WillowTreeAtreya33 37 votes

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited June 2020
    Other
    I wouldn't mind but there are a few packs i would want more/first...
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Other
    I'm not against the idea of a farming pack. It just doesn't interest me. Although if it came out as a fully fleshed EP I would consider getting it on sale or something, especially if there are some cool features other than the farming element itself.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Hell no!
    It's not an unpopular opinion lol, people have been going on and on about farming every single day since the fake farming pack leak came out.
    Not my thing though, I don't want it, I think it'd be boring and poorly executed. Farm animals would be objects like bees and babies and there isn't really anything else that could come with it other than a few hay bales and barn wallpapers. It should be a game pack at most if they come out with a farming pack :#
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Other
    Only if it can be like an old western/medieval theme with horses.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Hell no!
    If I wanna farm, I'll play Stardew Valley. It's more developed, has great storylines, and it's got dungeon crawling and...Sebastian... <3

I'd rather see an EP slot used on superheroes ("Heroes and Fiends") or space exploration ("Out of This World Living") instead. Then again, I'm a big sci-fi buff, so I'm a little biased...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Other
    Farming would interest me if it came with some generational features and wasn't based in America. A typical American farming aesthetic for bb/cas wouldn't appeal to me as much.
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Havent decided
    There are other packs I want more but I wouldn't be opposed to a farming pack. I don't see it having enough content for a full expansion pack unless they completely overhaul harvestables and cooking with it but as a game pack I think it'd be fun. But we have a lot of farming elements already with gardening, beehives, and a lot of what was in Eco Living, we just need animals and the farming aesthetic but again there's other packs I want more and I can't see it being better than farming dedicated games like Stardew Valley and Story of Seasons(fka Harvest Moon) or even the The Sims 3 Store content (Which I admittedly downloaded and never played with).
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Yes yes yes!
    Not just you, I would love one.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Other
    It's not on my list of things I hope we get added to the game. But I am not completely against it either. If it comes I hope it will be more traditional, even historical with horses.
  • Options
    Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    Havent decided
    I'm not against it since if I don't get to play it, I don't know if I will like it. But there are other ideas that interest me more like a historic, medieval pack or a superhero pack.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited June 2020
    Hell no!
    No offence to Team Farm but Green Acres isn't the place for me. I worked on a farm it wasn't fun. I was painful. It was miserable. You are a slave to the weather and hope that you'll be blessed with a crop that will break even. Why would I want to put that kind of misery on my sims? The only thing I would use is horses in the pack. I would rather have a Native American Pack to bring more diversity into the game. I would rather have my sims have a drumming circle, different dances (butterfly dance, hoop dance, and other dances to honour the NativeAmerican people. Being able to craft different clothes and accessories, medicine people, dream catchers to help our sims gain a positive mood as soon as they wake up and more. Native Americans are one of the cultures/races not represented in the sims. I would call for more diversity first.

As part of Team Occult, I want more occults, supernaturals and paranormals in the game. Werewolves, Fae, Genies, Wendigo, playable ghosts that our sims can try for a baby with and get pregnant with without the use of mods, hunters - Sam and Dean Winchester would make a good model for hunters, With the Fae having both Seelie and Unseelie courts.

I want to have bugs issues fixed in the game first. I want kids, toddlers and babies improved.
    If I wanna farm, I'll play Stardew Valley. It's more developed, has great storylines, and it's got dungeon crawling and...Sebastian... <3

I'd rather see an EP slot used on superheroes ("Heroes and Fiends") or space exploration ("Out of This World Living") instead. Then again, I'm a big sci-fi buff, so I'm a little biased...

I agree I want more sci-fi elements and superheroes instead. Aliens really need to be redone.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Other
    A farming pack doesn't interest me - at least in the version most people on the forums here seem to envision. I'm not interested in animal husbandry or shopping for foods, and the more little steps Sims have to take in the name of realism, the longer it takes sims to actually get anything done, and I can barely get them to do everything without it messing up their sleep schedule every few days as is.

I'd much rather have a farming pack centered on a county fair or some other country based event, where participation in the farming elements is only to the depth I want to take, or I could be just an observer.

That said, I'm perfectly fine with the Sims team releasing a farming pack in any form. I just don't plan to get it before it's on sale, and even then other packs will doubtless take priority.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Yes yes yes!
    I would love a fully fleshed out farming EP! It would have to be an expansion pack to properly execute the theme in an enjoyable way! Cows, sheep, pigs, chickens, and ducks could each have fun gameplay and objects associated with them. However, I don't want horses to be part of it. I think horses should be part of an Medieval times pack where you can have royalty and so forth.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2020
    Other
    I want happy haunts, zombies, wearwolfs, end of the world, generations with tons for kids to do. Vampire hunting, mutants, paranormal, better ghosts.
    Anything else that can add to my fantasy game play.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    edited June 2020
    Yes yes yes!
    Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Not just you. I want one really badly. Oddly, I want it for the same reason @SimsLovinLycan said that they didn't.
    Because I want some of that in Sims 4.
    banner.png
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Havent decided
    I'm not against it, depends what they add with it. If I want to farm though, I'll usually just play Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley. There's other game play ideas I'd like to see added before farms, since I can and do already farm with the options available now. I wouldn't be bothered if it was never expanded upon.

Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Yes yes yes!
    I can simulate a farm with most of what we have now. As in growing and harvesting but it would be nice to add livestock as well but not like 3 did. Maybe a fair aspect if an ep or game pack. Mostly I would like horses ingame as that is what has me going back and playing Sims3.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Other
    I am not against an farm pack would be quite interested in having one.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    jbadger12jbadger12 Posts: 321 Member
    Other
    I think there's a lot of potential in a farm pack, but I believe that much of it would be unrealized, due to the nature of Sims 4, and Sims games in general. I doubt many would object to milking cows (or goats), or even gathering eggs from chickens, but I think a lot of players would object to raising those animals for their meat. Growing vegetables, on the other hand, is something we can already do in game. There are some crops I would like to see that don't yet exist, such as corn and wheat, and I think it's high time we were able to grow orange trees.
    Should a farm pack be implemented, I would like to see the return of horses. I have fond memories of my horse from Sims 3.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    Gallery ID: jjbadgett12
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Other
    Not my thing at all, I’m a city girl. I have no problem with a farming pack coming out though, to each their own.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Yes yes yes!
    On of my most wanted packs but I'm patient and want a lot of stuff still so I can wait a few years.
    I want to continue to advance my Stardew characters in the sims. I know people are saying they can play that there, but part of that is giving life to characters I want to control completely. And frankly that doesn't mean just the farm life aspect but being able to have in game characters live out something that is a normal part of life, media, fiction ect. Just like I like to give them the right careers if possible or something close enough.
    There are lots of farm based characters and stories actually that I'd like to add to my games. Then I like to just play it as it comes out too.
    I'm pretty sure if we get animals I expect them to be part of some sort of object or they will have to be part of a household so I'm okay with them being attached to something. Although I gotta say I'd love a Wilbur, Arnold or Babe in my game.
    Time will tell what will come to the game but I have faith.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    Havent decided
    Out of genuine curiosity what gameplay is to be expected of a farming pack? I don’t think the 30 minutes I spent on Harvest Moon when I was younger does the whole farming sim experience any justice, doesn’t it?

As for the BB and CAS items, I’m sure there’ll always be something to make me want it. And I bet it will come with a large free-range lol world that’s hopefully based off on either the Chinese countryside or Italian vineyards (I’m reading too much into last April’s community survey :lol:) But of course, for me gameplay beats aesthetics hands down.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Other

I honestly don't think anything can beat Stardew Valley when it comes to farm gaming :heart:

giphy.gif
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Hell no!
    No. Because (all from my perspective) it will most likely be restricted to interacting with clunky objects, or, even if they make no objects out of animals, who wants 2 Sims, 2 goats, 2 chicken and 2 cows in his Family? And what to do with the harvest? As long as the cooking system isn't totally overhauled it doesn't make any sense for me, and a button "Sell XYZ to Farmers Market" is just unsatisfying. Also they won't give it 10 new 50x50 or 64x64 lots or alike to build proper Farms (good luck building it on a 20x30...) as well as we won't get an animated harvester vehicle for propable fields, so the Sim will just do the "swipe" animation on a 5x5 field item. Ugh, no thanks.

I'd rather have them invest their time on a Generations, Elders, Ambitions or a Winter Vacation Pack or pretty much anything else
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Yes yes yes!
    No. Because (all from my perspective) it will most likely be restricted to interacting with clunky objects, or, even if they make no objects out of animals, who wants 2 Sims, 2 goats, 2 chicken and 2 cows in his Family? And what to do with the harvest? As long as the cooking system isn't totally overhauled it doesn't make any sense for me, and a button "Sell XYZ to Farmers Market" is just unsatisfying. Also they won't give it 10 new 50x50 or 64x64 lots or alike to build proper Farms (good luck building it on a 20x30...) as well as we won't get an animated harvester vehicle for propable fields, so the Sim will just do the "swipe" animation on a 5x5 field item. Ugh, no thanks.

I'd rather have them invest their time on a Generations, Elders, Ambitions or a Winter Vacation Pack or pretty much anything else

Maybe they'll add a scythe for manual harvesting instead of an industrial harvester. Personally, I don't want huge harvestable fields because sims already harvest way too many vegetables from their plants. Can't imagine what they will do with that many vegetables, especially if they will continue to produce harvest every day.