Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should Sims 5 have the same premades?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I think if they want to add the same staple Sims they should be great grandchilren of the founders like Goths, and Landgraabs. Landgraab was the CEO of The Sims or Maxis (I can't actually remember but very powerful/important producer/rich etc.) so I can see why Landgraab would still be in the game from way back. However, if they want to add the same premades it should be their heirs and those older TS1 Sims be buried and mean ghosts in graveyards. Such as Bella and Mortimer should be dead and buried, somewhere. Bella and Mortimer are staples from Will Wright day so yeah, I think they still belong as a legacy and tribute to the game's original stories but dead and buried.

yes according to google, "Malcolm first appears in SimCity 3000, where he is the CEO of Landgraab Industries."
    there's a malcolm landgraab on every single sims game so i guess he'll be back in ts5

I saw an article about the real life Landgraabs once. Yeah, was there from way back not sure if he was at EA or was at Maxis. Mind isn't what it used to be. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited November 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    I would be very disappointed if there weren't premades. They are part of the charm of the game. Look at the huge fan fiction surrounding Bella Goth and her disappearance in Sims 2. And then getting to play her story out from a child in Sims 3. These characters that have their lives and their backstories draw us back. I'd like to actually see more premades from Sims 2 and Sims 3 in Sims 5 if there is one.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @ZeeGee wrote: »
    I would be very disappointed if there weren't premades. They are part of the charm of the game. Look at the huge fan fiction surrounding Bella Goth and her disappearance in Sims 2. And then getting to play her story out from a child in Sims 3. These characters that have their lives and their backstories draw us back. I'd like to actually see more premades from Sims 2 and Sims 3 in Sims 5 if there is one.

I think that half of premades should be from a previous game and the other half as new Sims :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    edited June 2020
    @king_of_simcity7 That would be a good compromise 😊
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Hey it isn't much of a sims game with the Goths am I right?
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    the goths are a major part of the sims game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited June 2020
    I think they should keep a cohesive and consistent timeline with know characters, but having them grow older and die over time, leading their kids to be the new premade sims. I hate that they keep adding random townies that aren't linked to previous townies (its ok to add them once in a while, but every single new sim?!)
    I hope in Sims 5 they continue from where Sims 2 left us, and include SIms 4 characters too. Old Eliza and Bob Pancakes, Iggy an adult, married and maybe with kids.
    Alexander married with Cecilia Goth, living with a ghost Mortimer and his mom younger than Cassie (cuz they aliens messed up her genes//aging/etc).
    Cassandra now a Lothario, with a son, and a new mystery where Don disappear and was sent to the past (Riverview).

Sims 6 could go one with Alex kids, Cassie son, Bob Pancakes grandson, etc... We know their family, but we are bored of them, as they are new characters.

@ryttu3k Bella doesn't need to be in-game. She could be the "tutorial" sim that only spawns if you play the tutorial, she could appear as a pre-set sim in CAS, and could be used in all promotional material. Travel pack? Have her as a tourist. Vampire pack? Have her as a victim. Witches pack? Have her learing spells. etc... With her latin-looking appearance, dark skin and red dress, she is easily identifiable... she could be the Sims version of Stan Lee's easter egg.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I would like the Sims from Sims 1 brought back, like the Roomies, Bachelor. Hatfield, McCoy, Mashuga, and the other families I can't think of right now.

ME TOO. omg.
    I would love to have the Mashugas as elders with a son/daughter living in a weird campy house. In SIms 1 it was an octagon i think, in Sims 4/5 could bee a heart, a plumbob or something weird like that haha I love how campy they were.
    Also, the Hatfield mother's name/appearance is pretty similar to Skip Brokes sister, would be cool to see them linking the two families.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    No, unless it some how a continuation of the story and generation after them. I love how sims 2 and 3 were connected, by making one the past and the other the future plus throwing in newer characters with new backgrounds stories. It made the NPCs come to life and makes the player want to help finish their story or goals. Otherwise, I think the goths, caliente, pleasants, lothario etc have over stayed their welcome and been over used as a selling strategy at this point. They know how nostalgic players are over the old games and those specific npcs so now they're tossing them in game without any extra thoughts or improvements. Even though I love those characters, the constant recycling of them has gotten old for me.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Randie_ReignsRandie_Reigns Posts: 59 Member
    It wouldn't be Sims without some of the pre-mades. They should spice up their stories though.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'd like to see them bring back some premades from the previous editions to show what their lives have been like.

Namely... :D (guess who... :P)
    09c9f343459b28828ffd.jpeg

and...

1d9ac81b50d34de87606.jpeg

Post edited by Nikkei_Simmer on
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    some folks love the oldies to come back ..maybe it is for nostalgic reasons...the Goths have always been around...The Landgrabbs also ...to me the sims is always a continuing story so regardless of what the set up is according to EA i do not want to have to move up so many years or go back so many years this just move forward ...the goths could be old for as much as it would affect me but it really matters to other players. I will say that i always like the Pleasants ..have no idea why but they must not have been very popular because despite countless surveys wondering which sims you would like to come back ..The Pheasants have not made it ...but i do like reading what folks who really like this have to say