Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New gallery update coming soon?

I haven't seen anyone talking about this, but the June update added code for a new "Sims Challenge" gallery tab.

SyXd2sw.jpg

It seems like GameChangers will be able to upload items for various Sims challenges for us to download. While regular players like us will be able to submit items after completing a certain challenges (for the GameChanger to judge and select winners?)

QA7X7wn.jpg

Submitted items have a different border and it looks pretty cool ;)

jUVPvAJ.jpg

I wonder if this is part of the fun summer update they talked about.

Thoughts? Do you think you'll use this new feature?
qidpmcvgek8y.png

New gallery update coming soon? 114 votes

Yes I'm excited to try it!
22%
IceyJcatloverplayerEmmaVaneIvyeyedScobreLiELFSilentKittyPamtastic72abelhinha35KaronAbbyZdivanthesimmerWispyenerdfashionSimmyFroggyAncientcivDaWaterRatTheFlyingGentlemanAenalafaerieduste 26 votes
No I don't care about challenges
31%
auroraael14LeGardePourpreKita5399alan650111AllearsPlayerSinger2010SleepycatDSLMariefoxprice83friendlysimmersdrake_mccartyluthienrisingKennziKaigeLizzychicagodetermigyuppbixtersSelinaKylesstormycurlsCAPTAIN_NXR7EnkiSchmidt 36 votes
No I don't care about GameChangers
45%
crocobaurarudy8292aprilroseoveronpurplereignAlrynnSimburianSuccySnuffyBucketIrdiwenAnmirlaCinebarBimleSimtaydevKhrisstynetroshalommannannaGracieO312benson2006drakharis 52 votes

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    What are they going to upload? New stuff? I think it might be nice if anyone would be able to upload a sim or a house and other simmers could do a make-over.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    This would make things a lot easier for community based challenges like lilsimsies shell build challenge. I can’t say I engage much with challenges myself so I probably won’t be using this new feature, but I’m sure its a feature many players (and I guess game changers) will enjoy for the ease of community engagement from directly inside the game.
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Am I missing the part where it says game changers or is that just a guess? :)
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Option D :
    I don’t care about Game Changers OR Challenges.
    This option gets my vote.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    RedSunBluesRedSunBlues Posts: 143 Member
    dont care about either, this is a waste of time...
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 256 Member
    Wait, let me copy and paste their update report.

"We fixed bugs and made Origin even more awesomer."
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I dont know.
  • Options
    IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    I’m in favor. Makes it easier to host fun challenges, easier to see the challenge builds, and, for everyone else, declutters the rest of the gallery so it’s not full of the same repeating challenge uploads.

I want more updates like it, tbh. Things that add UI to account for how people are already playing.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Am I missing the part where it says game changers or is that just a guess? :)

Not a guess. Internally those are referred as “GC Challenges”. You can see the filter pane has two categories: Builder and Stylist. There are actually two more Game Changer categories in the code: storytellers (those who do let’s play videos?) and “info” (those who do news/info videos on the game?).

There will also be a video player (the blue rectangle thing in my screenshot) so my guess is that we’ll be able to watch videos by Game Changers straight from the gallery.

I remember in this interview SimGuruLyndsay was asked about the future of The Sims. She said that she wanted to connect builders, stylists, storytellers, etc. more directly with the community within the game. Everyone thought she was talking about TS5 but it looks like she was talking about TS4, as this new gallery update is very much what she wanted to do.

https://www.youtube.com/SKzjiiox0Fk
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    Option D :
    😂🤣🤣me too!!
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Option D :

Same here. I rarely do challenges but I never watch game changer videos. I think the last time I watched a Sims video other than the official trailers was when I wanted to find out how to do something in a specific world and I have no idea if the person who made it was a game changer.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I don't know I don't really know what this is
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I haven't seen anyone talking about this, but the June update added code for a new "Sims Challenge" gallery tab.

SyXd2sw.jpg

It seems like GameChangers will be able to upload items for various Sims challenges for us to download. While regular players like us will be able to submit items after completing a certain challenges (for the GameChanger to judge and select winners?)

QA7X7wn.jpg

jUVPvAJ.jpg

I think this will be part of the Summer Update. Good Find.
  • Options
    VulnnVulnn Posts: 131 Member

SyXd2sw.jpg

QA7X7wn.jpg

jUVPvAJ.jpg

Not into this they do to much for game changers
  • Options
    VulnnVulnn Posts: 131 Member

SyXd2sw.jpg

QA7X7wn.jpg

jUVPvAJ.jpg

Not into this they do to much for game changers
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I don't see why it would be run by gamechangers...
  • Options
    Karon wrote: »

Apparently we'd be able to download the stuff from GCs. I hope this isn't the only update for Summer though. I want more free pool items.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    But we can download stuff from game changers anyway
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Karon wrote: »

It’s probably too much if anyone can start these challenges. The gallery would be filled with new challenges and not many people would actually enter those challenges.

The code suggests that Game Changers will be able to set start time/end time of a challenge and set the rules on what kind of submission is allowed. They can set things like what packs can be used, how many Sims could there be, the value of the lot, whether CC is allowed, etc.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i simply do not care about challanges i am not into challanges when i play the sims4 its to have fun and relax
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    I don't care about any of that. They could have used the effort to do other stuff.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I can‘t stand how Youtuber-centric this game is becoming.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Option D :

I completely agree. I rarely use the gallery to download or grab anything off. I rarely share anything in the Gallery because of the amount of CC I use. It wouldn't be fair for any of you to have to hunt it down. I would rather play Tau in Warhammer 40k then do a challenge that somebody created that isn't being policed or judged by the actual creator of that challenge.

No offence to The The Game Changers is meant by the following. I am really going to try my best to tone this down.

I would rather get a build or household from one of the sites I get CC from. Ir's how I got the Vlad Rplacer I almost always use. It's how I get time-saving builds. I rather build and create households myself. I challenge myself. I did a rag to riches challenge once. It was fun but I don't see myself doing any challenges anytime soon. I create challenges and scenarios for myself. Sorry to those creating challenges for the community. I don't think the Hype Squad I mean "Game Changers" should be allowed to determine what challenges are valid and what we should be allowed to do or stifle other simmers creativity. It seems like EA has turned them into Simluminatti.

Looks like if I want to share anything I'll use different sites and link the CC used in the household or build I've done. I won't be made to feel like what I do should be a popularity contest. This game should be about the individual's creativity especially when somebody decides to do a challenge. It shouldn't be stifled or turned into a high school popularity contest judged by EA's "in crowd" of under 25 except for Carl and maybe James Turner who I believe are both 26 but still not 30 or older. I love the diversity we have in the game but I don't like the diversity of Game Changers. They all appear to be white. How come there are no Latinos or Hispanics or Asians or African descent or Native American individuals as Game Changes? I don't mean to call anyone out with the R-word or by saying that EA is being ageist. I don't much care for the Game Changers at all. It's going to make some of the more elitist and entitled than they already come across as.

EA need to remembers that the demographics of Simmers aren't all under 25 (or 26 like James Turner and Carl I genuinely believe are). What 15-year finds cool isn't the same as what a 30 or 40 or dare I say older thinks is cool. I think if they are going to start judging challenges then make it open to every simmer out there if it's not the creator of the challenge and anyone they choose doing the judging. I genuinely should take offence to this ageist mentality.

Again I behaved and toned it down

I apologize if I managed to offend anybody. I just hate seeing a good challenge somebody decided by anybody except the creator of that challenge. Since they are the creator of that challenge be it a building challenge or a CAS challenge. The Creator should decide what is valid and judge the challenge they created. They should be able to set a time limit if any at all. The creator should be allowed to choose extra judges if they feel it's needed. Especially when some of those challenges have been around for a very long time online. Are they going to say what a valid challenge is when it comes to those people's blogs and personal sites? I really don't like this one plumb bit. I really don't. Bad EA... very, very, very bad.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    What the gallery really needs is a camera system that lets you take better pictures of houses,bars,rooms etc inside. Grant had said they were looking into and even said Winkie Face but it hasn't happened yet.