Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The never been done before pack

Comments

• Options
    rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    edited May 2020
    That could be cool. A pack that focusses on space travel and details Bella's disappearance, allowing you to visit an alien world and a space station?

However I doubt we'll hear more about Bella Goth. Haven't the devs mentioned they liked to keep the mysteriousness of the stories rather than giving the answer?

Also we're in an alternate timeline, so *the disappearance* didn't happen.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    That could be cool. A pack that focusses on space travel and details Bella's disappearance, allowing you to visit an alien world and a space station?

However I doubt we'll hear more about Bella Goth. Haven't the devs mentioned they liked to keep the mysteriousness of the stories rather than giving the answer?

Also we're in an alternate timeline, so *the disappearance* didn't happen.

The disappearance didn't happen yet that doesn't mean it couldn't happen at least in this timeline anyway
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    That makes me think of another thing they haven't done in The Sims before something like a murder mystery game pack except without the murder you know something cool just for The Sims 4 kind of like an Agatha Christie novel or something like then there was none or the Orient Express but with the Sims 4 twist
  • Options
    rottmeisterrottmeister Posts: 192 Member
    The Goths are kind of sort of dead in my game, so no idea how that would work, lol.

I'm sad there's no story progression, but it was in a poll recently. So I'm hoping everyone voted for it :p
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    What is it what could it possibly be it seems like they've done pretty much everything in The Sims at one point or another and I really can't think of anything what about you guys

The overall pollution/eco theme that affects all the worlds except holidays and Strangerville in each Save? The fact that your bad management of the eco system will follow you from world to world? You could travel to new worlds in Sims 3 but that didn't happen.

It's true that the ecopack have never been done before but they specifically said that it was going to be a game pack so we know for sure it's not the eco EP

They haven't done a factory yet, a proper school system, a circus, an underwater world, Royalty or political system, starship on the way to a new world, ocean liner, zoo...... In other words I have no idea! Any of these would be interesting for me but I would like a farming one. I wouldn't buy a zombie type apocalypse though, just an apocalypse!
  • Options
    The Goths are kind of sort of dead in my game, so no idea how that would work, lol.

I'm sad there's no story progression, but it was in a poll recently. So I'm hoping everyone voted for it :p

You're right that would be a major issue with a pack like that that's why it couldn't be Bella. That would have to be some Sam made especially for the disappearance they could call her Miss MacGuffin LOL
  • Options
    What is it what could it possibly be it seems like they've done pretty much everything in The Sims at one point or another and I really can't think of anything what about you guys

The overall pollution/eco theme that affects all the worlds except holidays and Strangerville in each Save? The fact that your bad management of the eco system will follow you from world to world? You could travel to new worlds in Sims 3 but that didn't happen.

It's true that the ecopack have never been done before but they specifically said that it was going to be a game pack so we know for sure it's not the eco EP

They haven't done a factory yet, a proper school system, a circus, an underwater world, Royalty or political system, starship on the way to a new world, ocean liner, zoo...... In other words I have no idea! Any of these would be interesting for me but I would like a farming one. I wouldn't buy a zombie type apocalypse though, just an apocalypse!

did you have a political system in City living technical and there is voting in the Eco pack but I get what you mean with the royalty thing that's why I think a fairytale pack would be so interesting and I'm not sure if they could make a whole entire pack out of with you but I'm sure a lot of people would like it and I agree with you on the zombies thing there's more than one way to make an apocalypse
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Superhero pack can come with a social unrest and crime system. It is like the eco system: if you play villain you make the world full of crime if you play superhero you get peaceful happy social life. This can tie in with apocalypse if your world is an eco disaster full of crimes.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    To be fair, it said "major first for us". It could mean that it's a first in terms of gameplay or theme or both, though maybe not for the whole franchise but only TS4. If it's only for the team, it could be something from TS1 or TS2 coming back, or even Freeplay. Since the blog didn't say "for the game", I'm leaning toward it being new for the team to work on. (also helps with keeping expectations in check).

It could be so many things within those expectations.
    Teen theme would be great. Cruise ship (and a "moving" world would be awesome. Horses and the various possible activities around them would be interesting.

they were talking about a new game pack so I know for sure they weren't talking about the Sims FreePlay or mobile

I know FP doesn't have packs as such but the theme could be something that has been done there but not in any of the Sims PC/console games.

Which leads me to: arcades. And since it was one of the community pack themes, another possibility is also a romance/wedding pack.

Another option: a pack focused on child and teen activities like martial arts or ballet or similar stuff.
  • Options
    To be fair, it said "major first for us". It could mean that it's a first in terms of gameplay or theme or both, though maybe not for the whole franchise but only TS4. If it's only for the team, it could be something from TS1 or TS2 coming back, or even Freeplay. Since the blog didn't say "for the game", I'm leaning toward it being new for the team to work on. (also helps with keeping expectations in check).

It could be so many things within those expectations.
    Teen theme would be great. Cruise ship (and a "moving" world would be awesome. Horses and the various possible activities around them would be interesting.

they were talking about a new game pack so I know for sure they weren't talking about the Sims FreePlay or mobile

I know FP doesn't have packs as such but the theme could be something that has been done there but not in any of the Sims PC/console games.

Which leads me to: arcades. And since it was one of the community pack themes, another possibility is also a romance/wedding pack.

Another option: a pack focused on child and teen activities like martial arts or ballet or similar stuff.

I would really love all that 😍❤️💗
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Superhero pack can come with a social unrest and crime system. It is like the eco system: if you play villain you make the world full of crime if you play superhero you get peaceful happy social life. This can tie in with apocalypse if your world is an eco disaster full of crimes.

Yeah I would really enjoy that too and we know they thought of it because it was in the surveys before so I guess that's really possible
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    A martial arts/dance pack would be fun.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    edited May 2020
    A true apocalypse pack.

A funeral stuff pack (hold a funeral for your sim) -- not sure I'd use this as my sims live long lives, but I have seen people wanting this.

A wedding stuff pack (or combine this with the above and add a ton more memorable life events (baby, birthdays, graduations, etc.).

Some form of a "criminal elements" pack or mystery/thriller suspense pack.

Superheroes.
  • Options
    ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    I wish that my Sim could learn more about the Grim Reaper and take on his job, as suggested in one of the surveys.

Too bad that didn't get picked, though. But they can still do it. Or near-death experiences for our Sims.

A zoo or theme park would be interesting, but hard to program, I think.

Though I'm also thinking that we need more vacation worlds.

A prehistoric pack, anyone ? Would also be interesting, I think!
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    A past one. We have medieval tho
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    A past one. We have medieval tho

truly we have medieval but it's never been done in the main line sims game before which a lot of people have been asking for
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    I wish that my Sim could learn more about the Grim Reaper and take on his job, as suggested in one of the surveys.

Too bad that didn't get picked, though. But they can still do it. Or near-death experiences for our Sims.

A zoo or theme park would be interesting, but hard to program, I think.

Though I'm also thinking that we need more vacation worlds.

A prehistoric pack, anyone ? Would also be interesting, I think!

The grim reaper thing would be awesome I could have a lot of fun with that oh well maybe someday we'll get a really cool pack like that I don't think we have a real one a community vote though it seems like all the most mundane things always win I'm still really looking forward to the knitting and the rocking chair cuz we're never had anything like it in The Sims before I mean there was showing in Sims 2 but you can do near as many things and they're actually going to have clothes that they can wear which is really nice I just don't think we're going to get anything really extreme or dramatic or anything like that if the community gets to vote on it
  • Options
    SAEldarin wrote: »
    A true apocalypse pack.

A funeral stuff pack (hold a funeral for your sim) -- not sure I'd use this as my sims live long lives, but I have seen people wanting this.

A wedding stuff pack (or combine this with the above and add a ton more memorable life events (baby, birthdays, graduations, etc.).

Some form of a "criminal elements" pack or mystery/thriller suspense pack.

Superheroes.

All the things on your list or super possible I mean I think all of them is being in the survey at one point or another and The Sims has never done a wedding pact before her funeral pack just for those things
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Amusement Park.... while we've had roller coasters and other type objects spread across various packs in Sims1 to 3, a full on amusement park has not been done. That or Water Park, Carnival, Fair....

I would also love to see a Vegas or Monte Carlo type Game Pack.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    We know for sure it's not an amusement park type pack that chance was denied my sim guru Duke the other day
  • Options
    AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    Idk but I kinda feel that the Superhero obsession is more of an American thing... And I remember Grant said sth like they were trying to avoid Americentrism after Spooky Stuff sorta flopped?

I’ll guess for a zoo/aquarium/safari type of pack since the fortune cube mentioned sth that remind me of animals lol.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member

Maybe a colony pack? Sims travel to an alien planet and set up base there. The goal is to reproduce or 'recruit' sims from Sim Earth to join your colony in outer space. It could also involve things like farming, sustainability, crafting and building, and animal husbandry to some degree....but on another planet.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    ButterfreeguyButterfreeguy Posts: 633 Member
    I'd also like that you would be able to make your own spaceship or hire people to work inside your spaceship. And depending on everyone's skills, you reach the planet or not.

Though, that much detail would probably make it an expansion pack.

I like @ParmaViolet87's take on the idea. The farming would be with extraterrestrial animals then, though, and I don't know if people want that.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I want a space theme pack so badly I made a thread about it!

There's just so much potential in that theme. I'd love them to introduce more (or improved) apartments (I'm thinking arcology), building spaceship houses, zero gravity gameplay, new alien planet (or improve on Sixam ideally), alien collectibles, new space recipes (astronaut food etc.), new species of aliens etc.

The devs have a lot of reference material to use, too.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I don't want superheroes but I do want crime. I can wait on space-themes and futurism. I'm more of a fantasy person. But it would be something new.

Maybe they're talking about pop bands? You could be famous for many reasons in Sims 3 and Get Famous, but you can't really work as a team to gain fame together. You're always up on stage alone. However conversations in Sims 4 can get pretty big (which is annoying when you're on a romantic date). And you can perform duets, so group performances are not unfeasible. So maybe you can get a band together?

Band pack! WAY-HEY! And it would certainly take time because there would be a lot of animations and sound to do.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.