Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The never been done before pack

Comments

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I really do not understand the appeal of Superheroes. There's no crime in the Sims 4. What are they fixing/ and or who are they helping? It would just be a recycle of Vampires/ Spell Caster system. And I have no doubt they would recycle a lot of features from other packs, similar to Realm of Magic. I have no doubt you will be able to freeze random sims, clone sims and transform them into objects, something that came with both GTW and ROM. I just think Superheroes is just an excuse for them recycle features from other packs.
  • Options
    KawaiiFairyRainbowsKawaiiFairyRainbows Posts: 92 Member
    edited July 2020
    bixters wrote: »
    I really do not understand the appeal of Superheroes. There's no crime in the Sims 4. What are they fixing/ and or who are they helping? It would just be a recycle of Vampires/ Spell Caster system. And I have no doubt they would recycle a lot of features from other packs, similar to Realm of Magic. I have no doubt you will be able to freeze random sims, clone sims and transform them into objects, something that came with both GTW and ROM. I just think Superheroes is just an excuse for them recycle features from other packs.

Hey perfect timing to introduce burglars ... either free update or in the pack (though I'd much rather want it in a free update)
  • Options
    jennydb91jennydb91 Posts: 23 Member
    I read someone in the speculation forums suggested a high school pack. That would certainly be new, and kinda cool :) Teens are too underdeveloped in the game right now.

I saw that EA guy share a deepwater fish on Twitter, so I have a crazy thought about a mermaid pack - where you build underground cities/neighbourhoods and all the sims are merpeople. Then you can swim to shore and befriend sims living ashore. :)
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,423 Member
    jennydb91 wrote: »
    I read someone in the speculation forums suggested a high school pack. That would certainly be new, and kinda cool :) Teens are too underdeveloped in the game right now.

I saw that EA guy share a deepwater fish on Twitter, so I have a crazy thought about a mermaid pack - where you build underground cities/neighbourhoods and all the sims are merpeople. Then you can swim to shore and befriend sims living ashore. :)

That would be lovely. My sim searched for mermaids but couldn't find a single one even though she's been living in Sulani for about half a year now.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    edited July 2020
    Simburian wrote: »
    Cassieb95 wrote: »
    I would love a medieval pack! It could be implemented through time traveling.
    But to be honest, the medieval theme is very rich and needs so much content to be done and it is already done as a spinoff so I don't think it is possible. :D

Which pack was it, when you went into the past and brought something back with you or got beaten up in some way? I always felt cheated that you couldn't actually go into the past with them. It's about time we did. :)

Must be Ambitions, seeing that I only ever had that one and World Adventures. I remember building a time machine that my sims could use to go on rabbit hole adventures into the past and the future, but I do not remember what career or skill unlocked it (Inventing, most likely?). Sometimes the returning sim would be accompanied by another sim that turned out their child. Mine brought back a YA caveman son and an elder from the future.

That might be the one. It's been a long time since I played anything other than Sims 4. I do remember one coming back in chain mail. Thank you.

Found it in the Wiki....https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Time_machine
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    edited July 2020

they already did that in ja game pack @akaniki0

It's been a while since I visited Selvadorada. Remind me, do Don Lothario and Judith Ward ever show up? Are the townies only from Selvadorada? That would make a Medieval destination work so much better.

davina1221 wrote: »
    They had super heroes in the Sims3; one of the last packs, although they didn't have powers. IDK, bought it, but never messed with it, just what was in the pack.

Sims 2 the top of the law enforcement career was a superhero and an archvillain in the criminal career. The superhero would fly up into the air to go to work.

I have never seen a townie in Selvadorada. @CorkysPetals
    while what you say is true it didn't really do anything in sims 2 when they were heroes
    and @davina1221 it was only a costume there was no gameplay for it

I'm just thinking about the differences between a Medieval pack and a Superhero pack. A Medieval pack probably should be like JA, a mostly self-contained mini game that has to be "visited". We wouldn't really want modern day features (or sims) to bleed into the Medieval gameplay. And most players wouldn't want Medieval tourists popping up in San Myshuno.

Now a superhero pack is different. We'd want superhero features to show up in daily life. Maybe it could be designed like active careers like Detective in GTW- follow your sim to different locations. And like the TS3 firefighter career that had random disasters happen in various buildings. Of course, if your mailroom technician sim had a fire, burglar or alien abduction at home, a visit from a caped crusader would be nice.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I have an idea of what I'd like to see in a new game pack....

How about we get a game pack that completely fixes any and all broken glitchy bug issues of all the previous game/expansion packs? Just imagine it folks.... a totally bug free Sims game! :o

I know, I know. It's a wild and crazy idea that EA/Maxis would never even take into consideration (completely fixing all bugs in the game before proceeding to sell us a new add-on pack). But what the heck! If we're going to dream, we might as well dream big, right?!

Meh, who am I kidding. We'll just get whatever new game pack comes along to add new game content.... while we're still grappling with problems/bugs/glitches/issues from all the other packs that came beforehand. It seems that EA/Maxis are just as dependent on cc/mod creators to help fix their game, as we game players are.

*sigh*
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    That could be cool. A pack that focusses on space travel and details Bella's disappearance, allowing you to visit an alien world and a space station?

Maybe a colony pack? Sims travel to an alien planet and set up base there. The goal is to reproduce or 'recruit' sims from Sim Earth to join your colony in outer space. It could also involve things like farming, sustainability, crafting and building, and animal husbandry to some degree....but on another planet.

Now that would be a farming pack I could really get behind! That would be really exciting!

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I'd also like that you would be able to make your own spaceship or hire people to work inside your spaceship. And depending on everyone's skills, you reach the planet or not.

Though, that much detail would probably make it an expansion pack.

I like @ParmaViolet87's take on the idea. The farming would be with extraterrestrial animals then, though, and I don't know if people want that.

I would love extraterrestrial animals!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    That could be cool. A pack that focusses on space travel and details Bella's disappearance, allowing you to visit an alien world and a space station?

Maybe a colony pack? Sims travel to an alien planet and set up base there. The goal is to reproduce or 'recruit' sims from Sim Earth to join your colony in outer space. It could also involve things like farming, sustainability, crafting and building, and animal husbandry to some degree....but on another planet.

Now that would be a farming pack I could really get behind! That would be really exciting!

That would be a farming pack that I would really like to
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

How about we get a game pack that completely fixes any and all broken glitchy bug issues of all the previous game/expansion packs? Just imagine it folks.... a totally bug free Sims game! :o

I know, I know. It's a wild and crazy idea that EA/Maxis would never even take into consideration (completely fixing all bugs in the game before proceeding to sell us a new add-on pack). But what the heck! If we're going to dream, we might as well dream big, right?!

Meh, who am I kidding. We'll just get whatever new game pack comes along to add new game content.... while we're still grappling with problems/bugs/glitches/issues from all the other packs that came beforehand. It seems that EA/Maxis are just as dependent on cc/mod creators to help fix their game, as we game players are.

*sigh*

99 little bugs in the code
    99 little bugs
    take one down and patch it around
    137 little bugs in the code
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

*sigh*

99 little bugs

LOL! That's hilarious. And so true.
    Thanks for the chuckle! :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    KawaiiFairyRainbowsKawaiiFairyRainbows Posts: 92 Member
    edited July 2020
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

*sigh*

99 little bugs

Yeeeepp... :/
    Also thanks for the laugh.
  • Options
    I thought of another thing that they never before done pack could be it could be something like happy hunts or the danger pack those things have never been done in The Sims franchise before at least not in a pack all on their own
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I thought of another thing that they never before done pack could be it could be something like happy hunts or the danger pack those things have never been done in The Sims franchise before at least not in a pack all on their own

It would be sooo cool!
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Maybe a pack to run and create theme parks. I know we had a few items to make one in ts3 store, but we didnt have a whole dedicated pack.
  • Options
    Mareah wrote: »
    Maybe a pack to run and create theme parks. I know we had a few items to make one in ts3 store, but we didnt have a whole dedicated pack.

we know for sure its not that one the gurus said so @Mareah
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    @comicsforlife Ops! I didnt know that. Did they mention something else too?
  • Options
    Mareah wrote: »
    @comicsforlife Ops! I didnt know that. Did they mention something else too?

no just that theme parks was not it and to keep guessing @mareah
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    for some reason I thought Eco Lifestyle was the "never been done before" pack....
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    for some reason I thought Eco Lifestyle was the "never been done before" pack....

nope the never been done before pack is the upcoming gp they said so @ravenspit
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    @comicsforlife ah okay, thanx.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    SailorCetiSailorCeti Posts: 807 Member
    I’d be happy if they just doubled the household size natively. There’s plenty of room on the other side of the bar for another eight sims.
    This game needs more Sailor Moon!

Hold SHIFT while using the FRIEZE tool to apply it to a single wall, and not an entire room!

** SailorCeti's Builds **

If you download one of my builds, by all means, leave me a message and tell me what you did and did not like about it.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member

they already did that in ja game pack @akaniki0

It's been a while since I visited Selvadorada. Remind me, do Don Lothario and Judith Ward ever show up? Are the townies only from Selvadorada? That would make a Medieval destination work so much better.

davina1221 wrote: »
    They had super heroes in the Sims3; one of the last packs, although they didn't have powers. IDK, bought it, but never messed with it, just what was in the pack.

Sims 2 the top of the law enforcement career was a superhero and an archvillain in the criminal career. The superhero would fly up into the air to go to work.

I have never seen a townie in Selvadorada. @CorkysPetals
    while what you say is true it didn't really do anything in sims 2 when they were heroes
    and @davina1221 it was only a costume there was no gameplay for it

Possibly, but even if it wasn't completely fleshed out, it was a pack about them. Since it touches on them, then I think that knocks it out of the description never been done before. I think they mean it literally just like with Strangerville.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited July 2020
    Well, they visited the future, but what if they brought back the time machine and a Sim/ household using it would now live in a past hood. Imagine cave housing or it takes you to the prairie for prairie life.

Perhaps they figured out how to do a real farm game where the count doesn't affect the household.

Skiing has never been done

Flying dragons and pegasus haven't been done