Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How old are you?

Comments

• Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Xoxk9 wrote: »
    Where's the category for Timelords? :/:(

I imagine there's some explanation, though to be fair it can be hard to nail down a Timelord's age, wibbly wobbly timey wimey. You know how it is
  • Options
    SajahiSajahi Posts: 17 Member
    41 years young
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I'll put it this way; I'm in the teen life stage. That's all I'm saying.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    PurrrmeowPurrrmeow Posts: 30 Member
    I honestly cannot believe my age range (26-30) is as low as it is.
  • Options
    lacianalaciana Posts: 29 Member
    50 - 60 :D
  • Options
    thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    edited January 2020
    I just turned 20. Hold up, where's my bottle? :#

A lot of people in my age range seem to be interested in MOBA's and competitive gaming [*cough*, my school even has a SCHOLARSHIP for it!] I have yet to meet anyone outside of the internet who is a dedicated Sims/sandbox fan. :'(

I started with the series when I was 6-7. My babysitter lent me her old TS1 games and she taught me how to play. I remember going to Circut City and purchasing TS2 when I was around the same age. I wanted to make her proud! :D
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited January 2020
    So_Money wrote: »
    So_Money wrote: »
    Old enough to know better.
    ...but young enough to do it, anyway? Me too!

I’ve actually never heard this part of the expression lol. I’m 35.

HAHAHa well I've been exposed to a LOT that my peer cohort have not. My grandmother was like a full generation older, more like other people's great-grandmothers, and she died when I was 11.

One of my grandmother's favorite sayings was "You thought like you lit" which I had heard before, but what I didn't know what there was a second verse to that, quite ribald, and it was for when someone really messed up, like we might say "not only stepped in it (dog doo) but tracked it right to the kitchen" and it uses a meaning of 'lit' that is perhaps antiquated as well, having to do with how you sit down or land on something, to light upon it:

"You thought like you lit;
    You thought you farted, but you really ___!"

I had never heard that one anywhere else, but I guess the oldsters knew how to sling some sarcasm when they thought they weren't overheard!
    :D Another one I loved was "mutton dressed as lamb" to describe a woman wearing styles far too young for her, and therefore losing her dignity in the process. I got exposed to so many aphorisms that no one else my age can place, plus literary references because I grew up reading classic literature (of my own free will, no less!) that it made me not feel much in common with my age cohort. Well, that plus other things.

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I'm in my late 20s, kid of the 90s.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    Older than the dinosaurs, not quite as old as the hills.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited February 2020
    I would imagine that there is a bit of a disconnect between the full sims population and those on these forums. I think the forums target an older audience. I am early 20s male. I am surprised that the job description has us labeled as young females. I am surprised with the amount of 50+ people on here. My parents never touch video games. I think it's wonderful that you are here.
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I voted 20-25... I mean, I'm not 20 yet but my birthday's in a few weeks so... eh :'D
    Been playing Sims I was around 6 or younger. Don't remember ;D
  • Options
    lakirelakire Posts: 75 Member
    Almost 27 (In a few months) been playing sims since 2006.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Half-a-Century Young.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    You know you are pre-millennial when you are annoying your kid, they look up from their phone at you and say, "Why don't you go play a video game, watch TV, listen to a tape or record, or something?" :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    I'm in my 30s.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Im turning 30 this year and I'm trying not to panic. xD
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    > @InuMiroLover said:
    > Im turning 30 this year and I'm trying not to panic. xD

Awww, take it from someone who's seen it, been there, done that: turning 30 isn't as bad as you think and before you know it you'll be 40, so you have something to look forward to :smiley:

I'm actually offended that EA/Maxis considers me a teenage girl. I fit in this poll's missing age category and am 100% dude.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    I would imagine that there is a bit of a disconnect between the full sims population and those on these forums. I think the forums target an older audience. I am early 20s male. I am surprised that the job description has us labeled as young females. I am surprised with the amount of 50+ people on here. My parents never touch video games. I think it's wonderful that you are here.

That's actually an accurate evaluation @Anthonydyer . Younger people of this current generation have mostly moved on to Instagram/Twitter as messaging between each other tends to be shorter and keyword instant. Forums require more thought, articulation and critical thinking before creating a new discussion or posting a comment/reply. It's unfortunate that it has come down to this, but I do surely hope that forums (in general) regain its popularity.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    wibbly wobbly timey wimey
    - @EA_Rtas 2020
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    I'm 34. I will turn 35 later this year though.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    47. So, commenting.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    41-49 - I'm not there, but voted 31-40 (cos I'm only just in 41-49 and I wanted to see the poll!)
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    41-49 - I'm not there, but voted 31-40 (cos I'm only just in 41-49 and I wanted to see the poll!)

You didn't have to choose an option to see the results. You only had to hit "View Results" - right by the Vote button. :D
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    67 yrs. I started with the Sims 1 and have enjoyed the whole ride. I have put more play time into Sims 4 then any of the others.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I hit 50 years young not long ago, and here I am still playing this game and a few others.

I think it's funny you forgot the 40s. I saw a news graphic on TV not long ago talking about the differences between boomers, Gen Y, Millenials and Gen Z. They forgot Gen X, which is... about that age.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee