Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plumbella is mostly what SOME OF US feel...

Comments

• Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I did read one interview though, I think with SG Frost or SG Duke that said they had full control over what content we got. As in no higher up is saying Don’t have this for x reason or don’t have that theme.

I need to find it.

• Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I did read one interview though, I think with SG Frost or SG Duke that said they had full control over what content we got. As in no higher up is saying Don’t have this for x reason or don’t have that theme.

I need to find it.

......wow...just wow....
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I did not mean they choose their budget they choose how they want to use it, and frankly they usually choose the lowest risk route because it requires lesser amounts of work. We all know when they have made a questionable choice because they go to great lengths to defend it with nonsense. The elevators in CL. The vet career (retail clone) vs playable pets. Like these are nonsense responses usually followed by the likes of “if we included X instead of Y then you wouldn’t have gotten X...” So yeah I’m not going to gloss over Maxis and the power they actually have to make a better game, which they choose to not do. Doesn’t help that they’ve got players convinced they are mistreated by their employer.

I think they usually release a 'defence' when the community starts attacking the Devs personally for a decision. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with a design decision with the game; no game's perfect after all and it'll never have what everybody wants. I do think that attacking the developers, or calling them lazy just because they made a different design choice is fairly harsh and not really fair when you don't know the background or the reasons behind those decisions. The 'defence' is usually an explanation as to why that decision was made, since people are usually asking. I don't see it as 'nonsense' because we as the community are not part of their meetings; we don't see all the decision making so we can't really say they're 'lazy' or giving 'nonsense responses'. Sometimes compromises have to be made and they have to go with what they think is best and naturally, not everybody will like it. It doesn't mean they're lazy, though.
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    HayleeSims wrote: »
    I'm so tired of people who love the sims 4 coming into threads like this. No one cares that you love the game and that a video doesn't apply to you. The fact that some get offended just because a title says "everyone" instead of "some" is ridiculous. Make your own appreciation thread so you can stop derailing threads meant to criticize the game and stop invalidating people's opinions.

It's an open forum and everyone is entitled to join in and share where they stand. Using general statements is just not a very good way to debate. If one is not prepared to have their arguments tested and opinions reacted to, then writing in an open forum should be avoided. Nobody in a place like this can be told to leave any topic alone, just because the replies happen to annoy some. I'm sorry.
    Something we can agree on everyone feeling entitled. If I have to deal with people complaining about how the Murphy Bed and deaths and supernaturals need to be nerfed after ever single patch and pack people can deal with the hot tub complaints. I am tired of only one set of players that play very "safe space" getting their voices heard. So yes those that only want an utopian YA single gameplay do get things every pack and patch and are still entitled to shut those players that want more than that with insults. Makes for an embarrassing 20th anniversary that even five years later the state of the Sims community hasn't changed. Utopian players still attack anyone and everyone that gets in their way including the Gurus. It is no wonder society we live in is in such a totalitarian mess with that logic.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    HayleeSims wrote: »
    I'm so tired of people who love the sims 4 coming into threads like this. No one cares that you love the game and that a video doesn't apply to you. The fact that some get offended just because a title says "everyone" instead of "some" is ridiculous. Make your own appreciation thread so you can stop derailing threads meant to criticize the game and stop invalidating people's opinions.

It's an open forum and everyone is entitled to join in and share where they stand. Using general statements is just not a very good way to debate. If one is not prepared to have their arguments tested and opinions reacted to, then writing in an open forum should be avoided. Nobody in a place like this can be told to leave any topic alone, just because the replies happen to annoy some. I'm sorry.
    Something we can agree on everyone feeling entitled. If I have to deal with people complaining about how the Murphy Bed and deaths and supernaturals need to be nerfed after ever single patch and pack people can deal with the hot tub complaints. I am tired of only one set of players that play very "safe space" getting their voices heard. So yes those that only want an utopian YA single gameplay do get things every pack and patch and are still entitled to shut those players that want more than that with insults. Makes for an embarrassing 20th anniversary that even five years later the state of the Sims community hasn't changed. Utopian players still attack anyone and everyone that gets in their way including the Gurus. It is no wonder society we live in is in such a totalitarian mess with that logic.

Preach...
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    MissyHissy wrote: »
    I did not mean they choose their budget they choose how they want to use it, and frankly they usually choose the lowest risk route because it requires lesser amounts of work. We all know when they have made a questionable choice because they go to great lengths to defend it with nonsense. The elevators in CL. The vet career (retail clone) vs playable pets. Like these are nonsense responses usually followed by the likes of “if we included X instead of Y then you wouldn’t have gotten X...” So yeah I’m not going to gloss over Maxis and the power they actually have to make a better game, which they choose to not do. Doesn’t help that they’ve got players convinced they are mistreated by their employer.

I think they usually release a 'defence' when the community starts attacking the Devs personally for a decision. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with a design decision with the game; no game's perfect after all and it'll never have what everybody wants. I do think that attacking the developers, or calling them lazy just because they made a different design choice is fairly harsh and not really fair when you don't know the background or the reasons behind those decisions. The 'defence' is usually an explanation as to why that decision was made, since people are usually asking. I don't see it as 'nonsense' because we as the community are not part of their meetings; we don't see all the decision making so we can't really say they're 'lazy' or giving 'nonsense responses'. Sometimes compromises have to be made and they have to go with what they think is best and naturally, not everybody will like it. It doesn't mean they're lazy, though.

Personal feelings doesn’t equal to facts or reality. Offering criticism and feedback doesn’t equal to attacking or harassment or bullying.

The people who vigilantly “white knight” The Sims Studio doesn’t help the game become any better.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »
    Besides Plumbella, Iron Seagull and EnglishSimmer, have any other Game Changers commented? All the other Game Changers I follow haven't said anything one way or the other about the anniversary hot tub.

@Gordy Nothing from SimsSupply (James Turner), Deligracy, lilsimsie, DevonBumpkie, Jovan (Sims Community), Elliandra.

^ All I could think of.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,468 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    Besides Plumbella, Iron Seagull and EnglishSimmer, have any other Game Changers commented? All the other Game Changers I follow haven't said anything one way or the other about the anniversary hot tub.

@Gordy Nothing from SimsSupply (James Turner), Deligracy, lilsimsie, DevonBumpkie, Jovan (Sims Community), Elliandra.

^ All I could think of.

Well, EA sponsored Deligracy and James Turner (who are probably their two biggest GCs) to do special anniversary videos so I'm sure they felt obligated to stay quiet. Just to be clear, I'm not trash talking them, they may not have known what was in store when they agreed to do their videos. So we'll probably never know what their real opinions about the anniversary are.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    @LiELF They probably pre-recorded it and uploaded on that specific day.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,468 Member
    Hestia wrote: »
    @LiELF They probably pre-recorded it and uploaded on that specific day.

Most likely. But after doing sponsored videos and then seeing the community upset probably made them a little uncomfortable. I would be if it were me.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Well, that's on them entirely. I think it's for laughs to be honest. Personally, I wouldn't accept money if it meant I shouldn't voice my opinion. Yay for naivity.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    edited February 2020
    Well, that's on them entirely. I think it's for laughs to be honest. Personally, I wouldn't accept money if it meant I shouldn't voice my opinion. Yay for naivity.

You’ve never had a job or plan to get one, then? 😛
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Actually most jobs appreciate honesty. It is when you lie to them they don't. If anything Enron has taught business grads as myself are the consequences for being dishonest to your customers and stockholders. I know I wouldn't hire you if I couldn't trust you especially with confidential information. You would think after the SimVIP backlash last thing EA would want is having marketers that lie, steal, and send death threats to them again. That is just naive on them if they want influencers/Game Changers to lie to them again especially homophobic ones.

Also under EA FAQ:
    "WHAT IF I POST NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ON THE GAME, OR EA?
    If a Game Changer posts a negative review or content about the company or one of our games that is honest and constructive – they will have our thanks and full support. We demand that our Game Changers act with honesty with us, with our dev teams, and with the community. Sometimes this can make things uncomfortable! EA is committed to being player first and earning the trust of our community. We make mistakes and get things wrong all the time. For our teams to improve and get better, we need our Game Changers to keep it real."

https://www.ea.com/game-changers/faq

They are allowed to be negative as long as it is constructive. Good person that does this well is LGR and Carl. Just the community can naive about that a lot from what I have noticed. James does it well too.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

I need to find it.

......wow...just wow....

I stand corrected, it wasn’t the CM or the Executive Producer. It was Grant that said it:

• Options
    edited February 2020

Retired. My job did not muzzle me neither directly nor indirectly, however. Sorry to disappoint you. Did you think I was a kid?

• Options

I need to find it.

......wow...just wow....

I stand corrected, it wasn’t the CM or the Executive Producer. It was Grant that said it:

Interesting this part of it too which explains the roles better. I know Grant isn't working on the Sims 4 anymore. For all I know he could be starting on the Sims 5, but I am partial to his corgi pictures being a corgi owner myself. I do appreciate that he tries to be transparent about the Sims 4 over the years even if at times his opinion isn't always popular but I can relate to that. I mean his Tweet about the Sims 5 initially got me to join forums finally.

• Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    edited February 2020
    Deleted
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    edited February 2020
    Trashmagic wrote: »
    Also, could we stop with calling people entitled? There's nothing entitled about expecting more from a 20 yr old franchise that rakes in billions.

This ^
  • Options
    zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    So_Money wrote: »
    The reaction on Twitter is a bit more colorful with responses:

That’s because Twitter isn’t censored out the wazoo like these forums, where protecting the feelings of the development team seems to be top priority.
    This post will probably get deleted.

This. Exactly this.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Retired. My job did not muzzle me neither directly nor indirectly, however. Sorry to disappoint you. Did you think I was a kid?

I wasn’t thinking anything about you personally nor did I believe you were literally never employed or planned to be. I was attempting to use a bit of humor to point out that accepting money in what amounts to an employee/employer relationship can sometimes put a damper on full expressions of honesty, regardless of the employer’s public stance.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Actually most jobs appreciate honesty. It is when you lie to them they don't. If anything Enron has taught business grads as myself are the consequences for being dishonest to your customers and stockholders. I know I wouldn't hire you if I couldn't trust you especially with confidential information. You would think after the SimVIP backlash last thing EA would want is having marketers that lie, steal, and send death threats to them again. That is just naive on them if they want influencers/Game Changers to lie to them again especially plum ones.

Also under EA FAQ:
    "WHAT IF I POST NEGATIVE FEEDBACK ON THE GAME, OR EA?
    If a Game Changer posts a negative review or content about the company or one of our games that is honest and constructive – they will have our thanks and full support. We demand that our Game Changers act with honesty with us, with our dev teams, and with the community. Sometimes this can make things uncomfortable! EA is committed to being player first and earning the trust of our community. We make mistakes and get things wrong all the time. For our teams to improve and get better, we need our Game Changers to keep it real."

https://www.ea.com/game-changers/faq

They are allowed to be negative as long as it is constructive. Good person that does this well is LGR and Carl. Just the community can naive about that a lot from what I have noticed. James does it well too.

I’m familiar with the guidelines, thanks. Speaking to your examples, however, my understanding is that LGR isn’t in the FC program for the very reason that he doesn’t want to feel constrained by the company.
    Post edited by Simpatsyann on
  • Options
    EllePlumBoEllePlumBo Posts: 4 New Member
    It isn't about the free content. It's about showing love for their own franchise.

A stream of employees sharing their own Sims nostalgia would have made me happy. Show us you still love this game with your hearts not just your bank accounts.
  • Options
    I was a bit peeved to read point three in this article...it's not entirely up to date, but still speaks for itself.

I mean, what gives? I suppose EA's reputation is what it is for a very good reason.

• Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    edited February 2020
    A lot of simmers on youtube (not just game changers) are expressing their frustration and disappointment. And like many have already said, it's because of the love and passion that we feel for the Sims. Many of us have been here since the start. We helped EA get to where they are today (Sim wise), without the players this series wouldn't have made it as far as it has. And for them to give us a reskinned hot tub and a "gift" has really soured a lot of players. It's a slap in the face.

I think someone pointed out that for the 15th (?) anniversary for World of Warcraft their celebration lasted from November until January. They brought back old quest. Old bosses. Exclusive skins that hadn't been released in years. They gave xp and possibly gold to each player's characters. WoW allows players to have up to 50 characters I believe. Each one got that gift. And they did a few other things, as a Thank You to players who've supported them. Built a community, and helped make the game what it is today. And they wanted to celebrate.

And, yeah, I get that they don't owe us anything. But it's 20 years. 20 years. I think everyone should be celebrating, and at least some recognition to those who helped the achieve that would have been nice. Just really makes me sad.

**When I say them, I mean EA higher ups, not the Devs or Sims team.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!