Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plumbella is mostly what SOME OF US feel...

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited February 2020
    Sindocat wrote: »
    She doesn't speak for me. I don't expect ANYTHING for a game anniversary. The free tub was a nice gesture.

Stop with "tHiS iS hOw We AlL fEeL!" No, it isn't. Don't speak for me. Speak for yourself.

I am speaking for myself and I agree 100% with everything she had to say.
    Scobre wrote: »
    I mean I guess the title change in this thread is a step in the right direction. But you are still band-wagoning and claiming a general sentiment which is kind of cheap rhetoric. Why not just "I agree", and go from there? Again - speak for yourself, not others. And why not just lead with your actual objections? Why make it about some YouTuber? This feels disingenuous and manipulative.

I'd have been fine with a 20th Anniversary T-shirt in CAS.

Complaining about FREE content when, in fact, one isn't owed ANYTHING just seems tacky and entitled.
    Well the Sims 4 is an entitlement game in which all Sims are treated like spoiled brats where nothing bad happens to them, so the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. So I am not shocked at the reaction of the game that represents the players themselves.

Respectfully expressing disatisfaction equals entitlement? I don't think so. People are allowed to express their grievances just as equally as you are allowed to be grateful for something.
    Nah it doesn't. Just saying how ironic Sims 4 players are judging entitlement when the game itself encourages it. What I find entitlement is telling others to be quiet when Simmers get their games for free through giveaways and from parents. They are in a sense entitled themselves having things handed for them for free while those that work for packs are told to back off. Anyone who tells each other to go away from forums and be quiet has their own sense of entitlement too.

The funny thing is fans complain if people do want to financially support the Sims 4 and they complain setting up petitions against supporting the game too. That is what my social experiment was about is that sense of entitlement displayed by Sims 4 players regardless of what you do. It is the god complex. We would have a much more peaceful world of entitlement didn't exist. Some of the biggest fans got away with bullying CMs of the Sims 4 simply because entitlement has been encouraged both by the game and with EA all for the sake of money.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,664 Member
    [...]WE this series! And we KNOW they can do better.

At this point, they gotta do a lot for me to think that they can do better. 🙄 It's like they're not even trying.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    yeah I feel bad for anyone who bought perfect patio before this even if for me it adds to my game since i got no perfect patio

@Simmingal Don’t feel the least bit bad on my behalf. I don’t begrudge you the hot tub for free a single bit. I’m happy you got something you didn’t have!
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    DeKay wrote: »

At this point, they gotta do a lot for me to think that they can do better. 🙄 It's like they're not even trying.

True, they don't try...this team is very very lazy.

And even if they do wanna try, they always make really poor choices that make things even worse. :D
    fullspiral wrote: »
    You know, I would have been happy with the heart bed from S1.
    I would have been happy with a dedicated music station to sims 1/2 music.
    I would have been happy with a "nostalgia" tv station showing clips from 1/2 for the sims to watch.
    I would have been happy with ANY throwback to where it all began 20 yrs ago.

For a re-skinned hot tub from the current series to be their celebratory gift recognizing 20 yrs of a game that people love is ludicrous.

It should have been a much more special day and a much more "thoughtful" gift.

Exactly. Cuz it's easier to take a mesh from TS4 and reskin it, instead of building a mesh from scratch. :trollface:
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

And even if they do wanna try, they always make really poor choices that make things even worse. :D
    I would have been happy with a "nostalgia" tv station showing clips from 1/2 for the sims to watch.

For a re-skinned hot tub from the current series to be their celebratory gift recognizing 20 yrs of a game that people love is ludicrous.

Exactly. Cuz it's easier to take a mesh from TS4 and reskin it, instead of building a mesh from scratch. :trollface:

What's a mesh for a bed?
    No mesh required for a dedicated radio station.
    A little bit of editing to put together some clips from one and 2 for a tv station?

• Options

What's a mesh for a bed?
    A little bit of editing to put together some clips from one and 2 for a tv station?

Yeah, I meant for the bed, or any other item that could be found in previous iterations.

For the music, they already have the retro radio station. You could listen to that one. I always do. :P
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

What's a mesh for a bed?

Yeah, I meant for the bed, or any other item that could be found in previous iterations.

For the music, they already have the retro radio station. You could listen to that one. I always do. :P

I tend to put my own music in game through mp3 files now.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Justine Keaton is the only gift we need. B)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    She doesn't speak for me. I don't expect ANYTHING for a game anniversary. The free tub was a nice gesture.

Stop with "tHiS iS hOw We AlL fEeL!" No, it isn't. Don't speak for me. Speak for yourself.

I think when she said "we", she's referring to the people who feel disappointed about the 20th gift aka me and others not everyone.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    Justine Keaton is the only gift we need. B)
    Yeah sorry you didn't get a Justine Keaton bed spread @Colton147147 but so nice to hear you talking about her again. I missed it.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

I think when she said "we", she's referring to the people who feel disappointed about the 20th gift aka me and others not everyone.
    Yep this ^
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

We have a retro music station in the sims already. Although I agree with your sentiments!
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited February 2020
    I agree with her and I don't watch her that often. 20 years. 20 years of supporting Ea and this game, putting up with bug/glitches, short cuts, over priced dlc, half baked packs, missing content at launch, rebuying the all the packs for an empty base game etc. And what do you get? 20 codes, a ripped hot tube you already bought and a "bE GraTeful". The least they could of done was give the complete collection of sims 2 (again, I think some missed the free Download) or sims 3 (cause it's about time) to the fan base or maybe surprised us with first sims game every sense I'm sure a lot of didn't get to play it..well at least I didnt. That would of been a more satisfying 20th surprise you wouldn't hear me 🐸🐸🐸🐸 about.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    .....I just feel like it's not important that I have sticked around with them for 20 years of my life.
    Honestly, I don't think it is important to them. Your money is good, but that's where things stop for them. I think it's naive to think that there is some kind of personal connection between a money-making company and a customer. It seems like wishful thinking at best.

As for your question regarding drama - what makes a valid point or not is actually also a matter of opinion :/

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    The reaction on Twitter is a bit more colorful with responses:
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    The reaction on Twitter is a bit more colorful with responses:

Huh, I guess if twitter is mad too, people are REALLY mad. In truth, this surprises me, and I'm not sure why.
  • Options
    Maybe many forum-goers are on Twitter as well? ;)

• Options
    @So_Money Thanks. That comment made my day <3

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Maybe many forum-goers are on Twitter as well? ;)
    Nah I don't go on the Tweety Bird site. Also the reddit response:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/comments/eyu89h/20th_anniversary_patch_out_now_includes_base_game/
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,091 Member
    edited February 2020
    I agree with Plumbella.

I also don’t think this felt like a twentieth anniversary celebration of the franchise. It feels like a sims 4 milestone only. There was nothing for players like me who have been playing since the year 2000.

I also don’t agree that speaking up about this and being less than positive makes you a troll or causing drama. That’s incredibly unfair and rude.
    Ignore them they have been so hateful towards those of us who refuse to praise the team for reskinning an object many of us have already paid for as some kind of gift. But I guess this is what Sims 4 has come to reuse the same animations reuse and recolor the same objects reuse the same systems over and over and call it new game play and don't forget to praise them for it on Twitter because they don't care to see real feed back here on the forums.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Ignore them they have been so hateful towards those of us who refuse to praise the team for reskinning an object many of us have already paid for as some kind of gift. But I guess this is what Sims 4 has come to reuse the same animations reuse and recolor the same objects reuse the same systems over and over and call it new game play and don't forget to praise them for it on Twitter because they don't care to see real feed back here on the forums.
    Oh no they can't hide from the responses on other sites either and why people get so mad because anything negative is taboo and thus why the Sims 4 has to be padded like a Bubble Boy suit to keep all of us and supernaturals with cooties away from them because we are different and lesser than the high and mighty ones with the god complex.