Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play families often?

The question is more than clear:

Do you play families often?
We seriously lack family content - family friendly group activities (that actually bring the social need UP) and cas content for toddlers and children. They say it is because simmers prefer to play with singles and childless sims instead of "actual" families.
I don't agree with this statement and that is why I created this poll. I can't wait to see the result.

Have a splendid day!
-probably just playing Phasmophobia :p

Do you play families often? 151 votes

Yes!
87%
Akl500Pauroraael14Frn0731JadeleineLaBlue0314djacquelynstewIceyJCabelle1863UnDutchableCamkatAnnie2008PlayerSinger2010Mi9shaoscarSimpatsyannAlrynnIsb917asimbsimThunderbat87SageRainWillowelanorbreton 132 votes
No.
12%
bshag4lvlisamwittNivyxsekojranaAquariusMomJFKdjtaydevfullspiralLemon405Wintermist_SWEEnkiSchmidtHermitgirlRedShoe7summertaffy68MonaveilInuMiroLoverMisedejemsecretlondon123SiggDiggit 19 votes

Comments

• Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Yes!
    I love my families I get attached more often than not and take breaks usually playing other things or looking for bugs but I always end up going back my saves is piling up heh.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yes!
    always haha
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes!
    Yes I love my human and supernatural and furry baby families.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes!
    I always play families. I tried once to play a single childless sim, but I got bored and made her have a baby.
  • Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes!
    I'm unsatisfied if I don't have at least one toddler or child in my household. :|
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Yes!
    I might start with a single sim for a short time, but they ALWAYS end up with a family.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Yes!
    Camkat wrote: »
    I might start with a single sim for a short time, but they ALWAYS end up with a family.
    This. Otherwise it gets soooo boring.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    No.
    I play families, just not often. I have to psychic myself up to play a house with 2 toddlers or 1 toddler and 1 child, not because I don't like them, they are just necessary to get to the teen stage, lol. I am EA's ideal player, I love my YAs as most of them are vampires and spellcasters, aka witches. I love to go partying with my movers and shakers. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Yes!
    I play families pretty much exclusively because I like playing legacy challenges. I like exploring genetics etc (I just find it satisfying for some reason) :D
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Yes!
    Families are all I play!
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    You missed an opportunity of a middle answer "sometimes". For me though, i do sometimes play families as i do single sims.
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    @Hoverael Nope, I didn't :) I am asking whether you play with families often or not. I am not asking if you play them or how often you play them. I play with singles sometimes as well, but I play families often.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 145 Member
    No.
    Unless i'm doing some kinda challenge, like bachelor or asylum, I always start with a single sim. Very rarely will I make siblings and only once I made a mother-daughter household. Eventually my sims marry and have kids, or adopt, but sometimes (if I like a sim a lot) I won't have them get married at all. Most of the time kids wreck it for me; I get bored with the direction they're heading or I feel uninspired to keep going. However, ever since we got DU, I feel like I have a goal for the children now; get them into college. I feel like, they have a future to work towards and a clear path now. Honestly, this was an amazing EP. It breathed new life into this game (and raising children) for me. (Plus, Off topic, my sims actually make it to Elder stage now, since they spend YA in univeristy, lol).

2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes!
    Can't play without families and I'll never understand why anyone would want to play a lonely sim. Though I know people have different preferences. Sometimes I'll play at the least a couple just for variety. But I always end up adding to the family one way or another even if it's just full of siblings or cousins etc. I love big families and my household is usually overstuffed to the point where I have to kick out the animals 🤣🤣🤣

Teens and kids are my favorite to play. I like to make lots of siblings surviving on their own. That's why I really feel the lack of kid/toddler content. Atleast teens have all the adult options as a savior. And I definitely feel the lack of "togetherness" and group activities.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,927 Member
    Yes!
    Yep. But only 1-2 kids usually.

(I am glad there was no asking about how big family :) )
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    No.
    I wasn't sure how to answer this, because with my play style the answer is sort of. I always have a single Sim who eventually gets married and has a family. But, when the kids are teens I pick one to continue with, move them out, and only play them. And the cycle repeats for however many generations.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Yes!
    Almost exclusively. Whenever I start with a single Sim or roommates or a couple, I get bored if there aren't toddlers or kids and their activities involved (would love Teens more if they weren't just mini-YAs and had more exclusive stuff).

• Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited January 2020
    @Hoverael Nope, I didn't :) I am asking whether you play with families often or not. I am not asking if you play them or how often you play them. I play with singles sometimes as well, but I play families often.

and i'm stating that i play them sometimes and neither am i stating how long i play them either, or if i play them. so you still haven't answered the point.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,927 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes!
    Hoverael wrote: »

and i'm stating that i play them sometimes and neither am i stating how long i play them either, or if i play them. so you still haven't answered the point.

Eh? Simply just say "sometimes" and do not vote :)

If I have understood right , person who makes poll,cannot even edit the choices after posting, needles to say why would they if they simply asked, like here, "do you or don't you" :)
    Post edited by Ellupelluellu on
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yes!
    I play families often and strongly disagree that family play is not adequately supported. My families are close, across generations. My founders' family is also now quite extended, with three young adult sons, two of whom are married, one with two children and a sister-in-law who'd been a live-in nanny for a few years. There are enough in play now that it is almost too much to keep up with. No, I am not out of meaningful interactions for them, either.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Yes!
    I'm saying yes, because I do play generationally, but I don't really feel the need for significantly more family activities - maybe a few more rabbit hole outings (like a day at the zoo or something similar), but overall I'm good with what we got in Parenthood.
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    Yes!
    All of my sims end up having children before they are adults. It's not fun playing young adults or an adult by themselves. We need more group activities for families, groups of kids, and groups of toddlers. Tag, hide n go seek, pillow fights, flash light tag, hand games, peek a boo, ect. Sleepovers would be so fun for kids and teens. The list is endless. Extended family should also be involved too. Go stay the night at grandparents house or with their aunt/uncle.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Yes!
    The majority of my gameplay centers around families. I may play a few single sims here and there but the end result is always family.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    No.
    No. I rarely play with families. Haven't even checked out the toddler stage for more than an in game day or 2.

Like someone else said earlier, as soon as they have kids I become bored with them and don't go back to that household. I always regret giving some of my favorite sims families. Or sometimes even a live-in romance.

I just can't get in to the whole "realistic" family play of work and school and all that. To me, it's just boring as all get out. I guess since I've been there and done that whole thing for most of my real life, it just doesn't interest me to play it all out again in my game.
  • Options
    CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    Yes!
    Yes, I hardly ever play childless/lone sim households, even my single sims have at least a pet to interact with, but 90% of my households have at least one child, they might start off as singletons, but it doesn't last long!