Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Big Announcement Coming Dec 16th Maxis Monthly

Comments

• Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    The Gallery for console players wouldn't be ''mind blowing'' and so hype worthy for a lot of us though. I highly doubt that will be it.

But keeping expectations low..
  • Options
    aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    Wait, I thought the unknown video trailer was for Guru Garage on youtube but the gurus didn't upload it.
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • Options
    aelias24 wrote: »
    Wait, I thought the unknown video trailer was for Guru Garage on youtube but the gurus didn't upload it.

Yes, that is what Frost said on Twitter.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    And since you don't care for that stuff, why should you care if other people buy from the Sims 3 Store?

Because there's a significant risk that adding a store to The Sims 4's 3-tier DLC system would lead to more items in the store, even emptier DLCs (SP/GP/EP) and all the items with significant gameplay would be put into the store at a price tag higher than SP/GP while there would be much less in it.
    Dianesims wrote: »
    If you look at the new worlds, all lots seem to be connected to a road/street.

To be honest, the massive driveways in Glimmerbrook look a bit strange - especially the massive empty place that could house 2-3 cars at the largest lot, which feels like a waste tbh.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Am I the only one who isn't particularly thrilled about getting cars? :open_mouth:
    :

I'm not fussed either way. You are definitely not alone. I mean, I wouldn't hate it, but I don't need it either.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Idk about you guys, but I'm kinda hoping we kinda get something crazy if it isn't cars, personality overhaul, etc.
    Like something that hasn't been in any of the games before, not getting my hopes up or anything but it would be cool.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    DezzyFox wrote: »
    The way the game is set up, we'd only see cars parked, and the sims getting into them and driving off. That doesn't add much to the game.
    Only because that's a limitation you're putting on them without any evidence otherwise for example they could come with community lots like an old fashioned drive in theater or your Sim could have a car lot or work as mechanic and so on. But reality is poofing adds absolutely no game play there's no challenge of getting the kids up in time for the school bus and curfews are pretty pointless because there are no police or police cars to bring back rebellious teens.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    If they don't announce paid DLC in Maxis Monthly what is the point of having it? I don't get it. I thought MM was to talk about upcoming content but if they said no it's not, then why have it? I'm not interested in other players (no offense) but what content I might want and new announcements about content, nothing else.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    If they don't announce paid DLC in Maxis Monthly what is the point of having it? I don't get it. I thought MM was to talk about upcoming content but if they said no it's not, then why have it? I'm not interested in other players (no offense) but what content I might want and new announcements about content, nothing else.

Because there's a chance that there will be some free stuff in an anniersary patch in Jan/Feb.
    *hopes for Bonehilda*
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    The Gallery for console players wouldn't be ''mind blowing'' and so hype worthy for a lot of us though. I highly doubt that will be it.

As I learned, they are excited for the littlest thing...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »
    alan650111 wrote: »
    Return of SimGuruCopeland and the Store !

I hope a store NEVER makes a return! It was sooo overpriced and awful.

TS3 had both stuff packs and the store. But why rage about it? No one is forcing you to buy from it. Having a Sims store is a win-win situation. It's there for the people who want it and the people who don't can just ignore it. Besides, there are a variety of ways to get stuff there at much discounted prices. None of the things I've bought there were purchased full price.

It's not a win win when they put functional objects behind pricey sets. The piecemeal way they sold stuff made one have to spend much more for equal amount you'd get in an average stuff pack. The stuff packs that include functional objects for only 10 bucks versus Sims 3's 20 dollar stuff packs are far better.

Then why do people who have TS4 keep complaining that the game still feels imcomplete, empty and still missing so many things? Even after buying all the junk for it?

TS3 was just the opposite! It gave players so many options! You can get any or all of the things for the game but you didn't have to buy all of them to make it meaty or complete. Many TS3 players do have everything that is sold for it - the EPs, the SPs and everything from the store - they had 10 years to do that. But you must realize that this isn't a requirement, right? Plenty of other TS3 players don't have all of it, but rather have a combination of some EPs, SPs and some or no store items. They just buy whatever they want for their playing style and it is enough for them. But one thing none of them will ever say is that it doesn't feel complete or there aren't enough things to do in it.

Also like I've said, a lot of the store items can be bought at a discount. Also, there are so many great fan made cc and mods for TS3 that it is quite okay if one can't get everything at the Sims 3 Store.

And since you don't care for that stuff, why should you care if other people buy from the Sims 3 Store?

because opinions are subjective. One man's 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is another man's jewel. Many people don't like change, want things to remain the same, or simply believe their opinion is best. Any of which leads to disappointment if expectations aren't met. There are many opinions regarding TS4 none of which are best considering they are just that: opinions, neither right nor wrong, just are.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

The point is to talk about upcoming free content. And Maxis Monthly includes content from all current sim titles, which means mobile and console too.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

It would still be a big announcement for the console only players though.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options

Frost said a while back over on Twitter that they only host a Maxis 'Monthly' now when there is free stuff to show (in game).

That's also why they aren't monthly anymore. :/
  • Options

As I learned, they are excited for the littlest thing...

No lies detected here!
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Am I the only one who isn't particularly thrilled about getting cars? :open_mouth:

There will still be loading screens. Some lots would be unreachable by car [ex: that small island in the Get Together world]. I'm not really sure how it'd work, unless your Sim just gets into the car and it disappears.

What we *really* need are improvements to the AI/personality system. I can guarantee you, cars will get old fast because the Sims driving them will be no different, more or less. This goes for every other piece of content they release. It's why TS4 tends to "get old fast". You need to make the stuff using the content interesting, immersive. Or else the content itself will be just as stale.

I'm not really a familial player so I may be biased. Most of my Sims are fantasy-esque, and wouldn't drive cars. :wink:

I don't want cars at all! My Sims are health- and environment-conscious and prefer to use people power. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options

There will still be loading screens. Some lots would be unreachable by car [ex: that small island in the Get Together world]. I'm not really sure how it'd work, unless your Sim just gets into the car and it disappears.

What we *really* need are improvements to the AI/personality system. I can guarantee you, cars will get old fast because the Sims driving them will be no different, more or less. This goes for every other piece of content they release. It's why TS4 tends to "get old fast". You need to make the stuff using the content interesting, immersive. Or else the content itself will be just as stale.

I'm not really a familial player so I may be biased. Most of my Sims are fantasy-esque, and wouldn't drive cars. :wink:

I don't want cars at all! My Sims are health- and environment-conscious and prefer to use people power. :)

You can choose not to use them.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

If it warrants a trailer, it must be really huge. I don't think even terrain tools had a trailer.

The last free update that I can remember having one was toddlers. Do you think the announcement is somewhere along that scope? I can see cars/transportation or CAW being trailer-worthy updates.

I've had a look at this - the video file (which they've removed) was in the same playlist as last month's maxis monthly. It could be that they have already recorded it and uploaded it too early?

• Options
    CBookCBook Posts: 87 Member
    Celebrity collab?? Like Katy Perry how she did a song in TS2 before she blew up and then did a huge collab with her in TS3 after she became famous. Lizzo did a song for City Living so what if they collabed with her now that she's big. itd be better than that Baby Ariel collab
    Sims are Lit
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I doubt it. As of now, bicycles are being used by random Sims in the worlds, so I expect cars will work the same way. I'll most likely be seeing my Spellcasters, Vampires and Mermaids getting out of a Toyota at the cafe in the bright, early afternoon sunshine. :/ Now, if they drove hearses or Munster jalopies, I could be okay with that.

Don't really want cars at this point myself, but we'll see what happens.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

If it warrants a trailer, it must be really huge. I don't think even terrain tools had a trailer.

The last free update that I can remember having one was toddlers. Do you think the announcement is somewhere along that scope? I can see cars/transportation or CAW being trailer-worthy updates.

I've had a look at this - the video file (which they've removed) was in the same playlist as last month's maxis monthly. It could be that they have already recorded it and uploaded it too early?

They had planned on live streaming the GuruGarage on YouTube too, but apparently ran out of time. That's what it was - Frost confirmed it a couple days ago.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member

Car Ferry maybe, what I can’t imagine is what they going to do for San Myshuno. Isn’t there at least on neighborhood up in the air? And, will they be able to add a place to park cars for apartment dwellers?..... maybe a parking garage or something?
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    Something trailer-worthy, something trailer-worthy...
    I'm thinking cars is a big possibility (while I don't see how it'd work, I'm sure y'all have more of an idea), but what about a colour wheel?

Oh, I would love a color wheel for clothes and especially furniture!
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    LiELF wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I doubt it. As of now, bicycles are being used by random Sims in the worlds, so I expect cars will work the same way. I'll most likely be seeing my Spellcasters, Vampires and Mermaids getting out of a Toyota at the cafe in the bright, early afternoon sunshine. :/ Now, if they drove hearses or Munster jalopies, I could be okay with that.

Don't really want cars at this point myself, but we'll see what happens.

Bicycles are great though. And I don't see the problem with vampires and other lifestates using cars? As a matter of fact having NPC spellcasters use brooms in the normal world would ruin the immersion of players who do not want to tackle any occult content in their saves. Brooms aren't even a transportation object for spellcasters, they can't use them to travel to other lots in TS4 which is very unfortunate.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    @Dianesims also it looks like there are driveways on all the premade lots in whatever that neighborhood from the magic pack is called.