Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to get npc sims out of the player's house?

I don't know why but the last time I played Sims 4, Olivia's friend/lover (I forgot which one) won't leave my house. She doesn't even live in the house. She's in the twins' bedroom which is so annoying. She won't LEAVE that room! If she's gonna be so annoying and not leave, then I'll have to kill her.

I think this is a reason I don't like the npc sims sometimes, they stick around way too long. Yeah, sue me for not doing the Welcome Wagon at the start of the game. I don't know I find it annoying sims will come up to my house for no reason or that they know one of my sims and won't stay where I want them to! For example, I would like Olivia and her gf to stay in Olivia's room or a public room in the house, not in siblings' ROOMS!

And Olivia's gf is a teen, so it'll take a while for her to starve to death I guess. I tried to way out for her to die when I was playing last. Cause I boxed her into the spot where she refuses to leave in the twins' room. But she doesn't yet and it's been I think 1 and kinda into day 2. But since I stopped playing and saved and exited it, I have a feeling it reset Olivia's gf to freedom next time I play it.

Sorry this is probably rambling. But I tried to get her to leave, but there's no option to tell her to leave so that is more annoying! Olivia didn't invite her to stay the night, so it can't be that. So annoying. Please be kind to me.

Comments

• Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    You don't say if she has her own house or not but what I did when my sims gf didn't leave for 3 days was to go to manage worlds, moved her to a different house and then moved her right back home. Then the game will put her in front of her own house. If she isn't "in world" you can put her in somebody's house or her own. Either way, she won't be at your sim's house
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,719 Member
    Must be some bug. I usually have the Ask To Leave option there.
    My Top Song of the Day: The Blackest of Birds by Fightstar
    Y2D8eAf.gif
  • Options
    AnitalifegurlAnitalifegurl Posts: 281 Member
    akaniki0 wrote: »
    You don't say if she has her own house or not but what I did when my sims gf didn't leave for 3 days was to go to manage worlds, moved her to a different house and then moved her right back home. Then the game will put her in front of her own house. If she isn't "in world" you can put her in somebody's house or her own. Either way, she won't be at your sim's house

The gf is not at her own house. But true, maybe I'll try going out into the world map to see if it would reset npc sims to get out of my house!

Thanks for the comment :smiley:
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »

Yeah I don't know why there's no Ask to Leave option :confused:
  • Options
    heartlacingheartlacing Posts: 24 Member
    Most of the time they don't even leave if you try to force them off the lot with MCC :/
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I have had the bug before that the 'Ask to leave' option was not available. What always helps for me is to select the visiting Sim, go to 'Actions', and 'Add to Group'. The 'Ask to leave' option appears for me again when I do this and I can tell the Sim to leave.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    The gf is not at her own house. But true, maybe I'll try going out into the world map to see if it would reset npc sims to get out of my house!

Thanks for the comment

I think you misunderstood what I wrote.
  • Options
    Most of the time they don't even leave if you try to force them off the lot with MCC :/

That's dumb, but I guess it's good I can kill npc sims if they won't leave my house.
  • Options
    I have had the bug before that the 'Ask to leave' option was not available. What always helps for me is to select the visiting Sim, go to 'Actions', and 'Add to Group'. The 'Ask to leave' option appears for me again when I do this and I can tell the Sim to leave.

I'll try that out the next time she stays too long. Thanks.
  • Options
    akaniki0 wrote: »

Thanks for the comment

I think you misunderstood what I wrote.

I'm so sorry, I was tired when I replied to your first comment is why I misunderstood.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Yeah I don't like how guests will just wander allllll over your house like they own the place. I always forget locking doors come in handy. :D
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Yeah I don't like how guests will just wander allllll over your house like they own the place. I always forget locking doors come in handy. :D

Same. And now I think about it. I think I locked the twins' bedroom for only them so I guess the gf can't leave since I locked it after she was inside. But it's so annoying that she just enters my house to use my computers like it's her own! She needs to ASK before using -_-
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,938 Member
    I find it quite rude when your Sim invites someone over and that someone proceeds to wander all over the house as if it's their own! The worse case I had was very recently. My teen did the 'make friends' option while at school and once school let out, the pop-up suggested should he bring Sim XX home after school. Most of the time I click on yes. The whole point of having them 'make friends' after all is to increase their circle of friends. What was troubling is that Luna took it upon herself to destroy the science project Erik's brother had been working on. So, of course, Joey, who got upset decided to destroy Erik's project in return. Only he was sneaky and waited until the next day to do it. The brothers got into a tiff, as a result of Joey accusing Erik of touching his things, first, and then accused him of destroying his project. (That was the first time I've seen that interaction in the menu, by the way.) All is okay now. But it was all Luna's fault! I mean, she really tore into the project! I hope she feels better for her act of pure vandalism. But you can bet Erik will not invite her over ever again. And, since he's almost a Rising Star, she really blew it. :open_mouth:

I think you're being able to 'ask to leave' is a bug. I was able to have Erik ask Luna to leave.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    I find it quite rude when your Sim invites someone over and that someone proceeds to wander all over the house as if it's their own! The worse case I had was very recently. My teen did the 'make friends' option while at school and once school let out, the pop-up suggested should he bring Sim XX home after school. Most of the time I click on yes. The whole point of having them 'make friends' after all is to increase their circle of friends. What was troubling is that Luna took it upon herself to destroy the science project Erik's brother had been working on. So, of course, Joey, who got upset decided to destroy Erik's project in return. Only he was sneaky and waited until the next day to do it. The brothers got into a tiff, as a result of Joey accusing Erik of touching his things, first, and then accused him of destroying his project. (That was the first time I've seen that interaction in the menu, by the way.) All is okay now. But it was all Luna's fault! I mean, she really tore into the project! I hope she feels better for her act of pure vandalism. But you can bet Erik will not invite her over ever again. And, since he's almost a Rising Star, she really blew it. :open_mouth:

I think you're being able to 'ask to leave' is a bug. I was able to have Erik ask Luna to leave.

Oh my, that's horrible! Yeah I hate it when they invite a friend over that I don't know cause they met at school! I wanna at least know them a bit before they visit. But I guess that's what the visit is for. That's horrible that guest came in and wrecked a project and made your sims fight about it. One time I had a random sim come up to my house and wanted in. So I let the mysterious sim, not knowing him at all back before I made a family. And he stole my giraffe then used my computer as if it was his! I was so mad when I realized he stolen my giraffe! I wish I could have had Henry attack him and make him give my giraffe back! But no! I couldn't beat him up cause he stole my giraffe when both of my sims weren't looking! So Henry ordered him to leave and that thieving teenager left with only getting yelled at! HE STILL HAD MY GIRAFFE! Ugh, that still makes me upset.

I wish I could have sims tunnel the paths I tell them to, not ignore me and not go to locations or can't tell another sim to leave! I hope it was a one time bug cause that was dumb. And I'm not making a guest computer for others staying over! No, they are so rude to come into my house and act like it's their own! They should at least ASK to use personal belongings of other sims.

I hope you venting your story got that annoyance off your chest. I know it helped me. I wish you better luck. And if Luna comes around again, maybe you can have your sims argue with her, until they aren't friends anymore, so she wouldn't come back to your house and break things. Or if that's not possible, then you could always try to kill her. XD

Good luck, thanks for the comment :smiley:
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited December 2019

I also sometimes don't get an option to ask sims to leave. What I do is create a group with them, (action on social menu) and then have them all "Go here" clicking somewhere outside the house and them lock the door for household only temporarily until they finally give up and leave my lot.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Adding to the "create a group" advice; once you add a Sim to your group, you can also click anywhere and select "go here together" to make a Sim walk somewhere you want them to.

I always use the door locks, though, to prevent these situations. Any room that would typically be off limits to guests gets locked, except for household use. Bedrooms, upstairs bathrooms if there're ones available downstairs, offices, activity rooms, etc.. Then I'll just select to unlock the door for specific Sims that I might be fine with wandering; that more often is just for anyone coming to woohoo, though. 😅

As for computer use, you should have a lock option so not any random Sim can come over for a visit and start playing on it.
  • Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    Adding to the "create a group" advice; once you add a Sim to your group, you can also click anywhere and select "go here together" to make a Sim walk somewhere you want them to.

I always use the door locks, though, to prevent these situations. Any room that would typically be off limits to guests gets locked, except for household use. Bedrooms, upstairs bathrooms if there're ones available downstairs, offices, activity rooms, etc.. Then I'll just select to unlock the door for specific Sims that I might be fine with wandering; that more often is just for anyone coming to woohoo, though. 😅

As for computer use, you should have a lock option so not any random Sim can come over for a visit and start playing on it.

I did that, and got Olivia's gf to leave by taking her to the park then ending group XD
  • Options
    I got this bug too! It only happened to me twice and only during a challenge where I had to turn off mods and cc and force myself to play a vanilla game. I was living in Sulani and had befriended Makoa. One day he came over to visit but wouldn't leave! I had no option to ask him to leave either. As a joke I declared "if he doesn't leave in 24 sim hours I'm gonna start hitting on him." He ended up staying at my house for 3 days! I even left the lot and came back, went to Manage Households etc... he was still there, waiting. By the time he finally did leave he was my boyfriend and soulmate, lol. I also convinced him to leave Liliana.

It happened again with Gavin Richards a sim week or so later. By day 2 though I actually realized I could just switch to Gavin's household so I did and just made him go home. Should've done that with Makoa, I guess.. 😆 Wasn't planning to wreck any homes but if opportunity knocks, I answer!

Well it made the game a bit more interesting for you :smiley:
  • Options

I also sometimes don't get an option to ask sims to leave. What I do is create a group with them, (action on social menu) and then have them all "Go here" clicking somewhere outside the house and them lock the door for household only temporarily until they finally give up and leave my lot.

I fixed it by doing the group, going to the park, and then leaving her there. XD But I'm sure I'll have to try this way too in the future! XD