Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BRING BACK SIMS 2.... BUT AS SIMS 5......

Comments

• Options
    KellvenKellven Posts: 43 Member
    NO (DISAGREE)
    We observe time moving forward, never backward. Just put down the nostalgia-berries before more people get hurt. As much as I dread what's coming in TS5, rereleasing 15 year old content would be worse.
  • Options
    Princess_07xPrincess_07x Posts: 926 Member
    YES (AGREE)
    People talk about the Sims 2 like it was the greatest thing to ever happen... I hate it! It's a 2004 game, it's not going to be the same game with different graphics. New ideas, New technology, and changing culture is all going to influence it. I think what the people really want is the replay value and the depth of the game, not the game itself.

Amen <3
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    YES (AGREE)
    @fullspiral and the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 Matchmaker too! <3
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    YES (AGREE)
    Sims 5 should be mainly Sims 2, but with Sims 3 customization and world building, with Sims 4 CAS and Build & Buy systems as well as the super realistic decorated neighborhoods (much pleasing to see than Sims 3/2/1, but would be cool if we could remove/add existing decorations, like... to open space to place a lot or something like that as well as being able to create our worlds and decorate them as we want). Also, please, recreate Sims 2 neighborhoods and families, maybe like 25 years later when Lilith and Angela graduated Britechester, married the famous Dirk and Dustin, had kids etc. I would love to see Alexander Goth with his wife from Sims 3 DS Cecilia, but with kids too... All living in a expanded version of Pleasantview with the same layout, similar houses (improved, obviously)... Not like how Sunset Valley became Sims 1 neighborhood and later turned into Pleasantview... Thats unrealistic. Its ok to add new worlds/neighborhoods with old ones too. Also, if they decide to go for a full remake with the same families in the same time period as Sims 2, add a Sims 1 Old Town remake too. I always wanted to know what happened to the other premade sims from ther like the Hatfields, Claire Charming, the Roomies etc...
    I know the premades sims and worlds are the most insignificant part of a game for some simmers, but for me they are special and I would love some continuity, and to be honest most people like that, thats why the MCU is so popular. I want minor sims to make appearance like townies from Sims 1/2/3 or characters from the console games too. I know that anything that the devs come up with for the premades sims future can be different frm how i played them, but... I have played them so many times that anything can be interesting to me. hehe Like, show us the Pancakes older, like a grown up Iggy living with one of their parents after a divorce or something like that. I also want to see gallery sims form 4 appearing like Babs L'Amour or the new ones from 2019. Oh, shiver with excitement at the thought of someone at Maxis caring about the "redundant" stories for "insignificant" premaids that I love and have fun with ... random details like that made Sims 2 so succesful... like the premades being so detailed and feeling real, or a sim opening the cabinets to gather utensils to cook...
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    NO (DISAGREE)
    If Sims 5 is a re-hash of Sims 2,then I simply wont buy it. Sims 5 should be a mix of Sims 1-4,and not some lazy re-hash of a previous series. I just don't get why lots of peope want Sims 5 to be just like Sims 2-it makes no sense whatsover! That's like telling the GameFreak company to "release a Pokemon Generation 9 but as Pokemon Red/Blue"-you'd have a Pokemon 9 that is a re-hash of the very first Pokemon game,which would make no sense to anyone except maybe the Genwunners.

Let Skims 5 be its own game,and keep Sims 2 as Sims 2.

Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    YES (AGREE)
    YES & NO..
    I love love love the sims 2, i grew up with it and i absolutely adored the heck out of the game, i sometimes find myself wanting to play it but the graphics are now visually unappealing.
    For the Sims 5 i would like Open world with the same attention to detail as the sims 2 but not quite a replica.
    I want the craziness from the Sims 1, the details from the Sims 2, Open world from Sims 3 and the style from Sims 4, no more of this money grabbing stuff that they are doing with TS4, i'm tired of buying packs for £10-£35 to be disappointed and regretful of my purchases specially since i've been a huge fan of the franchise for so long now.
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
  • Options
    RetroidRetroid Posts: 17 Member
    only sims i haven't played myself, never interested me tbh. I prefer 4 for now, but definitely want a proper new sims if/when they make 5. Only thing i'd suggest is more of a graphical over haul. I dig s4's mechanics over the other sims games, so i'd prefer they keep s4's style overall. Not really into the everyones crappy old pc has to be able to play the game mentality though, kinda like wow. Want a superior more impressive s5 when its time for it. With more HQ models and textures.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    YES (AGREE)
    troshalom wrote: »
    You want TS2 go play it then. TS4 is based on TS2.
    How exactly is Sims 4 is based off on Sims 2 besides it being a closed world and a Sims game? Sims 2 had true emotions memories wants fears enemies friends with a strong core of family play built into the base game it had real babies cars and was heavily detailed Sims even grabbed bowls and utensils out of drawers while cooking. Now Sims 4 has none of this its a scrapped online game which was built for a single Sim which is why 5 years in Sims still cant even dance together at its core its pretty to look at with a lot of set dressing to take pretty pictures in and meaningless tasks that make no true change to your Sim or its relationships.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Bring back TS3 as TS5 and that would be right.

TS3 was similar to TS2 in a lot of ways anyway and those two games are the closest in most areas apart from the Open World. Hearing about that Open World was a deal breaker for me as I always wanted it in The Sims :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    NO (DISAGREE)
    Bring back TS3 as TS5 and that would be right.

TS3 was similar to TS2 in a lot of ways anyway and those two games are the closest in most areas apart from the Open World. Hearing about that Open World was a deal breaker for me as I always wanted it in The Sims :smile:

Maake Sims 5 but as a re-hash of Sims 3? Why can't Sims 5 be its own game? I really liked Sims 1 but I'm not going to tell EA to make Sims 5 a re-hash of Sims 1..let Sims 2 and Sims 3 be re-released as Sims 2 and Sims 3, and let Sims 5 have new and original ideas.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited December 2019
    YES (AGREE)
    I don't know if I commented here already but I think yes because I loved loved loved the families in Sims 2 especially Pleasantview, Strangetown, and Veronaville, and the world where they had open for business and the one with the Freeplay or something man I liked all of them all the worlds in Sims 2. I also liked the backstories and the memories good or bad. Hopefully in Sims 5 we get to have moodlets but also have memories.
  • Options
    SillyHvoeSillyHvoe Posts: 4 New Member
    NO (DISAGREE)
    I'd like this to happen but it just won't. Open World was one of the main reasons why TS3 lagged so much. Yes it was cool but just too laggy.
  • Options
    thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    edited December 2019
    YES (AGREE)
    I understand what the OP means by "TS2 as TS5". They're wishing for the lack of attention and detail that went into crafting TS2. TS4 has little detail or creativity, and most of the content releases follow the same general idea.

New content/gameplay is introduced -> outcome/immersion relies on mechanics already present within the game.

The game heavily relies on the emotion system over traits to predict Sim outcomes. The better mood your Sim is in, the better their lives will be. So many of the unlockables/rewards/magic-"cheat"-y-items/careers/etc that are presented as "content" use this formula as a game play challenge. The problem is that they've re-used this formula so many times across so many different content releases that it gets repetitive.

The Sims 2 had a lot of unique animations for different interactions. I'm pretty certain if I were to show someone footage of two sims interacting, they would be able to guess which kinds of interactions I selected based off of what they saw. Ever heard of the saying, "Show, don't tell" in writing?
    The lack of moodlet system was beneficial, because everything the sims felt had to be shown, not written, for the player to understand.

This increased immersion, personality and charm. If you think about it, we've sort of gone backwards as technology has improved. Moodlets were supposed to be an improvement over TS2's system, yet in TS4's case [and, to a lesser degree, TS3], they've essentially replaced the need for different animations/interaction outcomes with text.

In TS4, I can't even recognize some interactions as what they're listed as when they play out because the sims cycle through the same animations at random. Rarely are there ever animations that fit the context uniquely. Also, the chat bubbles seem to be less relevant than in previous games.

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    edited December 2019
    NO (DISAGREE)
    I think it need a total overhaul. It need to be more customizable. Maybe some people think it's fun to do the same thing over and over again to get skills, and others would rather have the option to set them the way they want them. I couldn't play this without MCCommander. I would be bored out of my mind. I would like to turn off features I don't like, festivals, Strangerville, the ugly townie explosion.
  • Options
    ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    I personally hope TS5 is a combo of the best things about TS2 and the best things of TS3 with some new things mixed in. Like I felt TS4 *should* have been
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    edited December 2019
    YES (AGREE)
    TS2 is by far the superior iteration in The Sims franchise. Just... the detail in every little thing, the wants/fears, the burglars and firemen, the zodiac signs, turn-ons and turn-offs, not to mention engaging gameplay that isn't too easy and doesn't get boring after a time like TS4.

If we got a revamped TS2 with TS3's open world (not a buggy one, I'm sure by 2020 it'll be possible to have open world without it being broken). Imagine a TS2 with graphics that match the demands of our modern day standards. It... would be... a shining beacon in the darkness.

(edit was a typo)
  • Options
    ValeahValeah Posts: 98 Member
    Never having played TS2, I can not say. TS3, has elements that are better than TS4, but I prefer TS4's graphics, and CAS (but I miss the colour wheel).
    TS5 should include the BEST elements of all Sims games, improved for (what should be) and upgraded system. It should also have elements unique to itself. And FAR more depth than TS4 has.
    And lets be honest, all they have to do is read all the feedback and ideas to know what people want.
  • Options
    AmeliePoptartAmeliePoptart Posts: 22 Member
    YES (AGREE)
    TS2 but with TS4 graphics would be mint
  • Options
    JAYSIMMS2004JAYSIMMS2004 Posts: 31 Member
    YES (AGREE)
    Yes. I loved the TS2. The graphics were crappy I admit, but gameplay was great. And yes please bring back the open world. I miss being able to visit neighbors and see inside their homes.
  • Options
    Princess_07xPrincess_07x Posts: 926 Member
    YES (AGREE)
    I understand what the OP means by "TS2 as TS5". They're wishing for the lack of attention and detail that went into crafting TS2. TS4 has little detail or creativity, and most of the content releases follow the same general idea.

New content/gameplay is introduced -> outcome/immersion relies on mechanics already present within the game.

The game heavily relies on the emotion system over traits to predict Sim outcomes. The better mood your Sim is in, the better their lives will be. So many of the unlockables/rewards/magic-"cheat"-y-items/careers/etc that are presented as "content" use this formula as a game play challenge. The problem is that they've re-used this formula so many times across so many different content releases that it gets repetitive.

The Sims 2 had a lot of unique animations for different interactions. I'm pretty certain if I were to show someone footage of two sims interacting, they would be able to guess which kinds of interactions I selected based off of what they saw. Ever heard of the saying, "Show, don't tell" in writing?
    The lack of moodlet system was beneficial, because everything the sims felt had to be shown, not written, for the player to understand.

This increased immersion, personality and charm. If you think about it, we've sort of gone backwards as technology has improved. Moodlets were supposed to be an improvement over TS2's system, yet in TS4's case [and, to a lesser degree, TS3], they've essentially replaced the need for different animations/interaction outcomes with text.

In TS4, I can't even recognize some interactions as what they're listed as when they play out because the sims cycle through the same animations at random. Rarely are there ever animations that fit the context uniquely. Also, the chat bubbles seem to be less relevant than in previous games.

This is just perfect!1
  • Options
    ZevanoxZevanox Posts: 30 Member
    YES (AGREE)
    YES! If they re-did Sims 2 as the sims 5 I'd be so happy. I wish I could still play the Sims 2, I miss that game so much ToT But that's not likely to happen in my opinion, otherwise they would have called the remake.
  • Options
    MooshygirlMooshygirl Posts: 119 Member
    I have a RADICAL idea for Sims 5...my son got PS VR system from the grandparents Santa for Christmas and HOLY SCHNYKIES is amazeballs and i think Sims 5 in VR would be incredible!
  • Options
    candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    What I think is important when creating the sims 5, is learning from their mistakes(the sims 4), and remeber what made sims 2 and 3 such great games(the original sims is great also, but the graphics are awful).
  • Options
    BorisCat5BorisCat5 Posts: 1 New Member
    Omg. This! I didnt even realize this is my heart's desire until I saw the post. Everything that the other posters listed made me heart sick to remember. ..I loved my Sims 2 families so much...they played music together and leveled up their instruments together. They had work histories, and held grudges and you could actually have parties where the guests celebrated the birthday boy/girl or paid attention to the wedding ceremony. Even how they made out on the couch was hilarious. The extended relationships like grandparents seemed more special too.

Sims 3 for me was a rabbit hole once I found that color wheel. I was so busy designing that I never played the characters. I built spot on GOT households and even my own house including a not bad recreation of my husband. CAS sucks in Sims 4 compared to 3. Even the CC was way better in 3. Creators were having more fun.

4 has had some nice surprises like adorable toddlers, but if I could scrap 4 completely, and take the personality of 2 and the design power/world of 3, I would in a heartbeat. Oh...and CARS!
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    YES (AGREE)
    I voted yes but would still hanker after an open world and colour wheel but not too many changes to the actual sims system/gameplay beyond modernisation or the adding of extra gameplay such as sims being able to visit others in their own homes and time being more realistic.

@Princess_07x

I adore Mrs Crumplebottom so thanks for posting that pic her antics always make me smile :)