Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BRING BACK SIMS 2.... BUT AS SIMS 5......

Comments

• Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    NO (DISAGREE)
    Another closed world??? Oh God, NO!

You already have TS1, TS2 and TS4 closed worlds. We really need TS5 to be 100% open world. I've waited so long for that!

@ClarionOfJoy right. No rotational play, no age progression. Antiquated build tools.

I like the ability to travel to multiple worlds, I wish at least the neighborhoods were open. Just les loading screens overall.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited November 2019
    NO (DISAGREE)
    I don't want another sims 2 replica, sims 4 already has for filled that role, I want sims 5 to be open world with story progression like sims 3, but better quality graphics and improved Ai; which makes them get married, have babies, get promoted, move in and out of town/cities, drama, etc. This also includes VR support feature for those with VR can play and observe the fun happening in the sim world, this means that flat screen gamers and VR gamers can play the same game without having to get a separate version just for the VR users to play, no mans sky pulled this off hence why I brought this up; so it is a win win for both flat screen/VR users. :D

Flat screen users means gamers that prefer playing on a flat screen TV; just in case no one got what I meant.
    I know this probably won't happen but one can only dream. :D

Edit: If this does become a thing; is it possible for the devs to make a cheat that allows us to open all the homes so we can observe all the activities going on in the game? I ask that because the Nraas home opener mod was a great modded feature and was amusing to observe drama happening etc.
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    NO (DISAGREE)
    troshalom wrote: »
    Camkat wrote: »
    Sims 5 needs to be just that, 5. It should be an amalgamation of all the best bits from past iterations with it's own slightly different twist and/or new features. Sims 2 should stay sims 2 and if anything they should re-release it as is but updated to work with Win10.

@Camkat I'm playing TS2 on win 10, it doesn't need to be rereleased.

It can be done yes. I wouldn't exactly call it compatible. It's not like you can pop in the disk and off you go. You need to change settings and find patches and there's no way someone like my elderly mother (for example) would figure it out so it's hardly accessible. A lot of people would give up at this point, never mind trying to even find the game and some or all of the expansions.

If you have the ultimate collection they released a while ago, well good and lucky you. That works without a hitch and that's the version I'd like please. It's not available anymore though so a lot of us are out of luck.

Making it easier for customers by releasing it and remastering it wouldn't be a bad thing. I'd pay for it and I'm sure a lot of people would.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    YES (AGREE)
    Add in open world, and the weight system from Sims 4, and I'll be happy. lol
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    abithompsonabithompson Posts: 6 New Member
    Basically, YES. Sims 2 was by far the most fun version, that I find myself missing things from the most. Weirdly enough I agree with previous posts I’ve read that one of the main things missing is NPC’s. Firefighters, police, BURGLERS. They made the game feel more real. I feel like they keep coming out with packs but they’re not as full of content as they used for be. Werewolves, Which we should have got in pets. Bigfoot, which we should have got in outdoors. University had NO NEW TRAITS. Even though it’s something we’re constantly asking for. Every new pack we pay for should have new traits, new clothes, and new objects. I’m also glad to see other players miss memories from sims 2!! It made it more fun to set up a backstory/timeline of their lives. I miss the little things like picking a zodiac sign, turn ons and turn offs, favorite music genre and color. Headstones in sims 2 changed depending on how skilled or high in a profession the deceased sim was. It just feels like 4 doesn’t have all the depth and layers previous versions had.
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    NO (DISAGREE)
    Nah. Sims 2 is fine, but i want sims to develop further. Don't just redo (but take a F-ton of inspiration.)
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited November 2019
    YES (AGREE)
    But mostly, BRING BACK BODYSHOP!! I loved the creative freedom Bodyshop granted when it came to customizing our sims! I mean, you could make custom skintones with gender-dependent patterns...which was really fun! You could go in and make a skintone that was blue with red spots for males, red with blue stripes for females, and just straight purple for Children and Toddlers and...yeah, trippy times. But the fun of making crazy re-colored skintones and letting them fly in-game has been curtailed by the lack of Bodyshop in TS4. I need my freak-maker back...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    NO (DISAGREE)
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    I accidently chose yes but meant to say no, they can make an remastered Sims 2 which will not happen, however going forward I would like to see new features as well as some old features from previous versions which for me is proper evolution of an game within an series. I do not wish to see an repeat of how Sims 4 was conceived and published along the way. There is only so much can be done to make an new version only using new features and not incorporating some crucial features from previous versions and also like to see new themes as well. :)

This.

I think all of the games had their perks and flaws but I want something that blows them all out the water by doing better than what each of the previous games did the best.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    YES (AGREE)
    If they upgraded it and made it feel like a game on its own.
  • Options
    Princess_07xPrincess_07x Posts: 926 Member
    edited November 2019
    YES (AGREE)
    Basically, YES. Sims 2 was by far the most fun version, that I find myself missing things from the most. Weirdly enough I agree with previous posts I’ve read that one of the main things missing is NPC’s. Firefighters, police, BURGLERS. They made the game feel more real. I feel like they keep coming out with packs but they’re not as full of content as they used for be. Werewolves, Which we should have got in pets. Bigfoot, which we should have got in outdoors. University had NO NEW TRAITS. Even though it’s something we’re constantly asking for. Every new pack we pay for should have new traits, new clothes, and new objects. I’m also glad to see other players miss memories from sims 2!! It made it more fun to set up a backstory/timeline of their lives. I miss the little things like picking a zodiac sign, turn ons and turn offs, favorite music genre and color. Headstones in sims 2 changed depending on how skilled or high in a profession the deceased sim was. It just feels like 4 doesn’t have all the depth and layers previous versions had.

:) took the words out of my mouth!! I totally agree!
  • Options
    Princess_07xPrincess_07x Posts: 926 Member
    edited November 2019
    YES (AGREE)
    Sims 5 needs to be just that, 5. It should be an amalgamation of all the best bits from past iterations with it's own slightly different twist and/or new features. Sims 2 should stay sims 2 and if anything they should re-release it as is but updated to work with Win10.

It can be done yes. I wouldn't exactly call it compatible. It's not like you can pop in the disk and off you go. You need to change settings and find patches and there's no way someone like my elderly mother (for example) would figure it out so it's hardly accessible. A lot of people would give up at this point, never mind trying to even find the game and some or all of the expansions.

If you have the ultimate collection they released a while ago, well good and lucky you. That works without a hitch and that's the version I'd like please. It's not available anymore though so a lot of us are out of luck.

Making it easier for customers by releasing it and remastering it wouldn't be a bad thing. I'd pay for it and I'm sure a lot of people would.

I wish the graphics just looked better :)
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    NO (DISAGREE)
    Basically a sims 2.0, which was already the Sims 3?

Yeahhh...no thanks. You can only pay for the same game a couple of times already.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    YES (AGREE)
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    We can play it already - why get a repeat? I would not buy it again seeing I already own it and play it.

We are among the blessed souls that have the game, either the disks or UC or both, so are at full liberty to enjoy as we will. I'm seeing this as for those unfortunates that never got the disk version and were too late to get UC. Yes, TS2 is not perfect; partly because it's made by humans and partly because of the technology limitations at the time. I do see it as a proper foundation to build on since that version gets just about everything right, from the sims themselves to gameplay. With the foundation solidly in place one can then build upon it the improvements that have come since and then explore those realms no sim has ever gone before.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    YES (AGREE)

I presume you mean UC. The disks won't install on W 10 (tried that long ago), and UC is not only locked down and has been for some time, but it needs tweaking (thank you community members who helped!) to run properly on 10. That being the case, a W10 friendly version would be a welcome addition to the list of games we can get. Pssst! EA, this is a sellable commodity! You get more of what you love above all else.
  • Options
    SkullloverSkulllover Posts: 110 Member
    NO (DISAGREE)
    I half way agree, but voted disagree as I disagree too.

Yes, sims 2 was a good game. However, I don't want the same thing. I want Ea to take inspiration from it however. And also release the game without bugs and keep it that way.

I don't want Ea to be like, "Here is a new game." And we get the same thing or even a toned down version of a game.

There are good things about each game (I never played sims 1 so ignoring this one.) Sims 2-The fear system and sims could have diffrent relationahips with each other. This was cool.

Sims 3- The open world. This made it feel real. And the trait system.

Sims 4- The graphics. The graphics are not bad and are good. And the career tasks are good too. Emotions could have been good, but they really don't do anything. There is so much potential that just got lost.

Sims 5 can be done. Honestly though, I am with the poster who said they aren't intrested anymore. I am not either.

I just want fans who will and do care to get what they pay for. Also, burglars, fireman, pools.

Also be cool if sims 5 added a new lifestate.

Sims 2- added toddlers, teens,and elders. (Young adult for university.)

Sims 3- added young adults that could be played outside of university

Sims 4- missed potential (preteens were highly requested).

I know EA has the potential so why are we letting them get off easy? They could have made a great game that had no bugs and they know it.
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited November 2019
    YES (AGREE)
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Another closed world??? Oh God, NO!

You already have TS1, TS2 and TS4 closed worlds. We really need TS5 to be 100% open world. I've waited so long for that!

I voted yes, but not because I necessarily want the same exact game. What I really want to see again is the gameplay design, attention to detail, AI development, and the developer ethics that were around during The Sims 2.

When you play The Sims 2, it feels like you are actually playing a game, where failure is very much a possibility, and you need to work for nearly anything you want your Sims to have, whether that's their career, the way more in-depth relationship system, or even the groceries they eat (which wouldn't magically appear from thin air - you HAD to get them from a grocery store!) This is entirely different from The Sims 4, where it feels like there is no game design to be found, there are little goals/things to achieve, and goals that are present in the game feel not only entirely boring to work towards, but so unrewarding in the end, too.

Give me that and a sprawling, dynamic open world that's constantly changing and evolving and I really believe EA would have the best selling Sims game for years to come, with very high fan reception.

I also voted yes but thought more along the lines of what you said. I want my sims to have wants/fears and to have real family relationships. I want my sims to know what's going on in their family and respond accordingly like when a sim cheats how it affects the whole family. I also wouldn't mind an open world or at the very least open neighborhood when I can visit my neighbors without a loading screen. I just want the sims themselves to feel like individuals and where anything can happen. (house fires/robbers/death/lose a job/cheating/kids hating each other) The sims 4 is too happy and sometimes I like to see where the game takes my sims but in the sims 4 they will always live happily ever after.

I guess what I really want is the gameplay from the sims 2, the open world and create a style from the sims 3, and the CAS and build/buy mode from the sims 4. I also wouldn't mind if the sims 5 fleshed out each life stage in the base game and built upon them in expansions but they need to make each life stage as good as they made the toddlers in the sims 4. I want them to put as much effort and thought into all of the life stages but especially baby, child, teen, and elder because in the sims 4 those are the life stages that have very little.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    NO (DISAGREE)
    I definitely don't want TS2 again but there are things I want brought back and that is the in-depth wants/fears system. We need that positive/negative balance for each character to be more interesting. I HATED story progression in Sims 3 so I have no desire to see it return. I am the type who bounces from household to household and likes making the decisions for each one. If they every bring story progression back I'd hope they'd have option to turn it off. The color wheel/Create a Style is a definite must for me! I miss that tool so much when playing Sims 4. I agree about bringing back NPCs that do their own thing like Mrs. Crumplebottom. I actually would prefer the closed worlds of Sims 4 but maybe just opening them up by neighborhoods. Sims 5 needs to bring back the same connected worlds because that is a fantastic feature of Sims 4. I feel that if they did open world that all the new worlds that came out would not be fully connected.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    NO (DISAGREE)
    I'd rather have Sims 5 as its own game..it makes much more sense that way. Besides,wasn't Sims 2 already released for free on Origin? Let EA make Sims 5 a new game and not a re-hash of Sims 2 thats labeled Sims 5 for some strang reason.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    NO (DISAGREE)

Exactly. If there's a TS5, it needs to be its own game. I don't want a replica of what we've already had, I want improved versions and new ideas.

The game needs to move forward. Not backwards.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    NO (DISAGREE)
    No to Sims 5.
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    edited November 2019
    YES (AGREE)
    Sims 2 with Sims 4 CAS and build would be perfect! I always found the colour wheel to be overwhelming and crappy looking, to be honest.
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    NO (DISAGREE)
    WITH MRS CRUMPLE BOTTOM AND THAT TRAGIC CLOWN & OPEN WORLD + COLOR WHEEL....be open world with story progression like Sims 3, but better quality graphics and improved !

"OPEN WORLD + COLOR WHEEL....be open world with story progression like Sims 3, but better quality graphics and improved !"

That's not Sims 2. More than half of the whole list (weight of each feature included) is Sims 3.

Sims 5 should bring back awesome Sims stuff but be more advanced, not just updated or remastered. I'd take an updated mix of 2 and 3, but we *should* probably get more, no?

"Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    NO (DISAGREE)
    People talk about the Sims 2 like it was the greatest thing to ever happen... I hate it! It's a 2004 game, it's not going to be the same game with different graphics. New ideas, New technology, and changing culture is all going to influence it. I think what the people really want is the replay value and the depth of the game, not the game itself.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    YES (AGREE)
    NO open world or that CAS pattern. I am not going to pay for freezing and crashing or spend hours on just one household, it's ridiculous plus still had too many rabbit holes after dealing with all of that. But Sims 2 gameplay, Sims 4 CAS and world hoping (once they actually finish Sims 4. Still not complete), then yes. Skip Sims 3 and include Sims 1 and it would be perfect.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited November 2019
    YES (AGREE)
    I don't want another sims 2 replica, sims 4 already has for filled that role, I want sims 5 to be open world with story progression like sims 3, but better quality graphics and improved Ai; which makes them get married, have babies, get promoted, move in and out of town/cities, drama, etc. This also includes VR support feature for those with VR can play and observe the fun happening in the sim world, this means that flat screen gamers and VR gamers can play the same game without having to get a separate version just for the VR users to play, no mans sky pulled this off hence why I brought this up; so it is a win win for both flat screen/VR users. :D

Flat screen users means gamers that prefer playing on a flat screen TV; just in case no one got what I meant.
    I know this probably won't happen but one can only dream. :D

Edit: If this does become a thing; is it possible for the devs to make a cheat that allows us to open all the homes so we can observe all the activities going on in the game? I ask that because the Nraas home opener mod was a great modded feature and was amusing to observe drama happening etc.

Sims 4 has filled the role of a Sims 2 replica? Explain please?

The Sims 4 doesn't even come close to the gameplay elements and the love and attention to detail they poured into the Sims 2.

Imo The Sims 4 is the weakest game in the entire franchise, and I hope they will not go the same route again. In general The Sims players don't like their game to be online with other people, so they already made a critical mistake by starting the development of The Sims 4 as an online game.

I hope they will make sure they will not try that again with The Sims 5, otherwise it's bound to be another disaster.

Also by bringing The Sims 2 back as The Sims 5 to me does not mean a replica. It means that they finally pour their hearts and souls in making the Sims 5 again. Paying attention to details, make small gameplay elements that make the game much more enjoyable.

Most ideally for me would be a mix between 1/2/3/4. Just take all the good stuff from all the games and mix it together into one game.

The open world The Sims 3 had was not the most stable, sure, but they had a clear vision in mind. If they do not plan on bringing the Open World back in The Sims 5, they HAVE to give us open neighborhoods. It is beyond ridiculous that I have to load into a small neighborhood and when I want to visit any lot in the already loaded neighborhood I have to go through a loadingscreen. It's 2019, they can do that easily. I never really understood why we have to load each individual lot all the time, when the furniture inside the houses is fully loaded already.

Another issue I have with the way the worlds in The Sims 4 are set up is that the game feels dead. The lots surrounding the active lot are literally dead and inactive. Sims walk around the neighborhood randomly but there is literally nothing going on. That is probably the aspect of Open World I miss the most. Being able to see neighbors leaving for work, coming home, gardening, kids playing in the backyards etc.