March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

error code 102.6ee24dd4;e49d7143 in University

I just had my sim graduate from university, moved him and his family of 3 to a new lot. Now I cannot play the family, I get error code 102.6ee24dd4;e49d7143. Relaunch the game.

So far nothing I have done has fixed this.
I have quit the game, deleted the local thumb cache, make sure sims 4 is updated, delete all saves except the 000001 save. I have created a random sim, moved them into the error lot with the family, and attempted to play the newly created random sim. Nothing works, I still cannot load this family I have spend hours playing.

I do not have an mods or CC. The lot is am empty lot no house.

Please help.

Comments

• StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member
    Did you try evicting the family so they go to household management then try moving a different family in ust to see if it's something with the family? And have you tried repairing the game?
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    scwhit84 wrote: »
    I just had my sim graduate from university, moved him and his family of 3 to a new lot. Now I cannot play the family, I get error code 102.6ee24dd4;e49d7143. Relaunch the game.

So far nothing I have done has fixed this.
    I have quit the game, deleted the local thumb cache, make sure sims 4 is updated, delete all saves except the 000001 save. I have created a random sim, moved them into the error lot with the family, and attempted to play the newly created random sim. Nothing works, I still cannot load this family I have spend hours playing.

I do not have an mods or CC. The lot is am empty lot no house.

Please help.

This is a known bug. There's a temporary workaround on Crinrict's site (though it does require a mod):

https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2019/11/error-code-1026ee24dd4-2/
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    In one occasion, I fixed a similar incident by turning a bugged building into a generic building and later back to the original type.
  • racketracket Posts: 1 New Member
    > @scwhit84 said:
    > I just had my sim graduate from university, moved him and his family of 3 to a new lot. Now I cannot play the family, I get error code 102.6ee24dd4;e49d7143. Relaunch the game.
    >
    > So far nothing I have done has fixed this.
    > I have quit the game, deleted the local thumb cache, make sure sims 4 is updated, delete all saves except the 000001 save. I have created a random sim, moved them into the error lot with the family, and attempted to play the newly created random sim. Nothing works, I still cannot load this family I have spend hours playing.
    >
    > I do not have an mods or CC. The lot is am empty lot no house.
    >
    > Please help.

Exact same thing happened to me, I used the MCCC fix that gagea posted in the link above and it worked with getting rid of the error. what I did to fix it is find out which sim is causing the error (the sim that graduated) and then use MCCC to delete all of their relationships (they had dozens and dozens of people in their relationship list so going through one at a time would have taken a very long time). You have to select a sim on a different lot that isn't bugged, have them travel to where the bugged sim lives and then select them with MCCC and delete all relationships. It's a huge pain but I used some cheats to get back some relationships.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I've had a few of these errors as well since DU released although no game breaking so far. My game usually works again after a restart. It's worrying though.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,635 Member
    Does anyone know (or suspect) what is causing the problem? Do *everybody* get it? Are mods involved?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks I'm going to go ahead and close this off, if you have any further issues please post them on The Sims 4 AHQ
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top