Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are you buying the Moschino SP?

Comments

• Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    Photography features.
    I want this pack mainly to have a way to take pics of my family members as they go through the different stages of their lives, go on vacations, get married, have children and grandchildren, celebrate holidays. To me, having photos of special events are important since our Sims don't retain memories of the special times in their lives. So the ability to take photos and display those in a Sim home just feels right and fits very well into the way I play. The B/B assets are suprisingly well done. But I am not at all excited about the CAS assets. Except for the new shoes. I do like the new shoes. LOL The new freelance career doesn't appeal to me, but who knows what I might do with it in the future.

Some Simmers feel the new photography features should have been in a free update since the ability to take photos came in the Get To Work pack, and to them it feels as if they are paying for the same DLC twice. I have been very vocal about the fact so much from past packs has been added to the base game, and I felt it was unfair to the Simmers that paid for the content EA is handing out for free. But after seeing how much was added to the basic photography skill, I do not feel it should have been in a free update. It is obvious the teams put a lot of time and thought into everything in this pack that pertains to photography with the ability to pose your Sims, the new animated backdrops, the tripod and camera that go into your Sim's inventory so they can take photos in every world, the new types of frames that are now available, placeholders to pose our Sims on in groups, toddlers and pets can now be in any photo. They added so much that is going to make taking nice photos easier, I am happy they didn't add one or two of these new features in a free update then fill the pack with a lot of new clothing or outlandish B/B assets I will never use. I freely admit I was unhappy with the theme of this latest stuff pack. But I was also unhappy about StrangerVille and that game pack proved to be quite fun and I use a lot of the assets from that pack. The Moschino Stuff pack isn't about fashion. That became very clear during the guru live stream. This pack is all about photography, and I couldn't be happier with that being the case. I have always felt we needed a way to take better photos in the game without needing to use mods or the photo studio that came in GTW. But I have heard there are a couple of glitches associated with the freelance career. So I guess I will hold off on buying the pack for a few days just in case there are other glitches that might affect regular gameplay. I hope there aren't more glitches because I can't wait to take photos in Sulani, and of Granite Falls in the winter.
  • Options
    alex_alex09alex_alex09 Posts: 188 Member
    I am not purchasing.
    I'm not buying it, some of the photography features are interesting though. I've never been into modern sims stuff, I prefer the vintage, rundown, or gothic items.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Photography features.
    Not buying! The clothes are ugly, the build stuff looks like the scrap yard of a steel mill, and the furnishings seem about a comfy/homey as a pile of bricks. I notice that my early pre-release supposition posted I forget where is correct, that the largest block of yes votes is because of the photography. I wonder what the results would be if the photography was not included (the usual case for stuff packs as they are just stuff), and it was just a stuff pack. Daresay the appeal would be a lot less.

The usual case for TS4 stuff packs is that they do include gameplay. This is the norm, now. And those older stuff packs that included just 'stuff' were priced at $20 rather than $10. This is a good pack.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,502 Member
    Photography features.
    Hestia wrote: »
    As this new DLC comes closer to the Origin store, what is the main highlight for you on purchasing the Moschino Stuff Pack?

Photography Features.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,905 Member
    Photography features.
    And so far I like the new photography options except that there are no family adapted poses (like my sim wrapping her arms around her two daughters or even just putting her hands on their shoulders (she does but with only one of them) etc) it’s more friendly/fun poses.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited August 2019
    I am not purchasing.
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Not buying! The clothes are ugly, the build stuff looks like the scrap yard of a steel mill, and the furnishings seem about a comfy/homey as a pile of bricks. I notice that my early pre-release supposition posted I forget where is correct, that the largest block of yes votes is because of the photography. I wonder what the results would be if the photography was not included (the usual case for stuff packs as they are just stuff), and it was just a stuff pack. Daresay the appeal would be a lot less.

The usual case for TS4 stuff packs is that they do include gameplay. This is the norm, now. And those older stuff packs that included just 'stuff' were priced at $20 rather than $10. This is a good pack.

Not hardly, a majority of the stuff packs are NOT even worth $10. To me most are worth only what I paid about $2.50 each. This latest pack, does not even look worth it is $1. My standards of what need to be in packs at regular price are set very high.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    All of the above.
    I'm using everything in the pack. My sims that would wear the clothes are doing so.. at least in the two saves I went into so far. (I have multiple saves).
    The build buy ... I really like but I'm not playing any sims at this moment that would use modern furniture, have lots of ideas though and plans to use it but I just want to enjoy whatever aspect fits in my game play right now.
    I'm focusing on the photography right now... it's fun and immersive with new stuff to do via the tripod. Even taking free form pictures (which we could do before) is more exciting to me with the new gameplay objects, clutter and career goals.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    mjalletmjallet Posts: 47 Member
    I am not purchasing.
    I do love that a pack that is all about the collab with a fashion label is not the reason anyone is buying it...another hit and a miss from the Sims 4 team.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Photography features.
    mjallet wrote: »
    I do love that a pack that is all about the collab with a fashion label is not the reason anyone is buying it...another hit and a miss from the Sims 4 team.

Why does the reason matter, as long as it sells and people like it? :| Obviously, it's not all about the collab.
  • Options
    mjalletmjallet Posts: 47 Member
    I am not purchasing.

Why does the reason matter, as long as it sells and people like it? :| Obviously, it's not all about the collab.

Well the pack is called the Moschino SP not the photography career SP but that aside the pack came across to me as heavily marketed to the fashion part of it. All I'm doing is pointing out the irony of what seems to have been the marketing goal (again to me) ending up not being the biggest reason the pack is interesting to people.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    All of the above.
    To me it just shows the team knows what they are doing. They provided what they could style wise as I assume the Moschino brand must have put some limits on things such as clothing and swatch colors. Moschino got publicity out of it for sure. However for many, many, many simmers who don't like branded items they gave them things they wanted too... photography stuff and build/buy and it seems to be making it sell very well if you take into account all the polls and responses.
    Gotta say I'm enjoying all the face pulling from those who didn't want it to sell well. It's chuckalicious.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,044 Member
    I am not purchasing.
    I'm not buying atm. I'll probably get the pack for half off for the photography features. I say probably, because right now I'm not purchasing anything until the magic pack is released - if that is the same low quality as the recent packs, then no purchase for me. I will only support the game if the devs crawl out of the hole they are in atm.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,233 Member
    Other (Comment)

Not hardly, a majority of the stuff packs are NOT even worth $10. To me most are worth only what I paid about $2.50 each. This latest pack, does not even look worth it is $1. My standards of what need to be in packs at regular price are set very high.

Lol, I think we get it by now. 😆
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Photography features.

Tbf I don't own any SPs or store content for TS3 because the store content, to me, is largely a cash grab (and I dislike being forced to buy whole sets of stuff or to otherwise overpay for single items), and I just don't like the SPs much. In comparison, I much prefer TS4 SPs, even more so now that they've been reduced to one-two a year. The gameplay features tend to be fun but also unimportant enough for those who don't want to buy any SPs. They're just so easy to ignore, I don't see the problem honestly. If they're so far below your standards that's perfectly fine, cause you don't need to buy them as you won't be missing out on anything game-changing. But that's been the same for every iteration that had SPs, especially when all they included was a bunch of stuff. So yeah 🤷
  • Options
    Simlie20Simlie20 Posts: 59 Member
    Photography features.
    Photography career and the bb objects to decorate my flat
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Photography features.
    I voted earlier that I was going to buy for the photography features. After buying it, I am glad I did. I went from no interest in it to having it be my favourite stuff pack! I still don't care about the clothing (though they weren't all as terrible as I expected haha) but I am really really loving taking loads of photos, having sims pose and etc. And I haven't even played the career yet. I expect I'll get a LOT of use from this pack for years. Def worth the $13 Canadian I paid
  • Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    To complete my Sims collection.
    I don't know what the heck a "moschino" is (still sounds like Starbucks coffee). I just like having a full collection.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    Photography features.

Ok.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Photography features.

Well the pack is called the Moschino SP not the photography career SP but that aside the pack came across to me as heavily marketed to the fashion part of it. All I'm doing is pointing out the irony of what seems to have been the marketing goal (again to me) ending up not being the biggest reason the pack is interesting to people.

The goal for both Moschino and the Sims was exposure. I'd say they accomplished what they set out to do. The gameplay object in the kitchen stuff pack, for example, was an ice cream maker, lol. So, pack titles aren't always an exact match to the content, but I understand what you're saying. I just don't see how any of that makes it a 'miss.'
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,186 Member
    All of the above.
    Mostly I like the long sleek hairstyle, the new windows and the long night shirts.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Tbf I don't own any SPs or store content for TS3 because the store content, to me, is largely a cash grab (and I dislike being forced to buy whole sets of stuff or to otherwise overpay for single items), and I just don't like the SPs much. In comparison, I much prefer TS4 SPs, even more so now that they've been reduced to one-two a year. The gameplay features tend to be fun but also unimportant enough for those who don't want to buy any SPs. They're just so easy to ignore, I don't see the problem honestly. If they're so far below your standards that's perfectly fine, cause you don't need to buy them as you won't be missing out on anything game-changing. But that's been the same for every iteration that had SPs, especially when all they included was a bunch of stuff. So yeah 🤷
    Lucky I owned every game and the majority of the store. 😂

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    HeatherInMyHeartHeatherInMyHeart Posts: 7 New Member
    Other (Comment)
    I would buy it if ea fixed the origin online log in issue but it seems like it wont be fixed
  • Options
    summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    To complete my Sims collection.
    I didn't want to waste my money on it so my bf bought it for me. I only needed it because I'm a completionist. I love the t-shirt because I love big shirts, but I'm very underwhelmed by it overall.
    1500x500.jpg
  • Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Other (Comment)
    I would like to complete my collection but the career seems like a drag and the build mode/cas items are worse than expected... I'm unsure if I can really spend 10e for something I really don't feel like I want or need in my game.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    edited August 2019
    All of the above.
    I answered all of the above, but I should have selected other because “to complete my Sims collection” doesn’t apply to me. There are a few packs I will never buy.

It’s funny to me that at first I was not interested in this pack at all (or the upcoming game pack) when the announcement was initially made. So I figured I wouldn’t be purchasing any new content for a while after buying Island Living. But after seeing everything included in the Moschino pack, I got excited. I love taking pictures of my sims and wanted the option to photograph more sims together, have the photographer take a picture with a sim by using a timer, and take photos with kids and pets. Also, I really like the clothes, which surprised me. They’ll be perfect for my more flashy sims as they rise in fame. And the furniture is perfect for one of my penthouses that has a brick interior.