Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do your married sims carry a ring?

Comments

• Options
    DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    I often forget to have them wear rings when they get married. Sometimes I remember to put them on, though. It's like 50/50.

If I'm creating a married couple in CAS I will put rings on them, or even if I create a single sim (or unwed couple) that I intend to marry really quickly in live mode I will go ahead and put rings on them ahead of time. But Sims that I marry in live mode to other sims I haven't created usually don't get rings because I forget about it. Also, my sims tend to be married two or three times, so I usually just leave their rings on after their divorce because it's likely that they will end up getting married again a few sim days or weeks later.
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I always add one to both after they marry
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,442 Member
    I often forget because I was so used to this great feature in sims 2. It was those little details that made sims 2 the great game it was. I wish it would have been included in sims 4.
  • Options
    AalyahReedAalyahReed Posts: 209 Member
    I put rings on my married Sims. I mostly use the Rustic Romance set rings from The Plumbob Tea Society, but sometimes I use the in-game rings, as well.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    M.Mmmarried?
    I don't usually even bother with marriage.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    I've been adding rings to my characters these days and before i hadn't considered it all that much. i like to try put rings on sims fingers who are known non-commital types because by the time they realised they have that ring on, it is too late to take it off! :D
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,623 Member
    What's frustrating in Sims4, is the inability to have a wedding ring under formal wear. Face/palm. As if most aren't wearing formal wear to their own weddings. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Nope you can't see the D things any way so why bother hard to see the regular jewelry so the finger is even smaller.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Who else has gone cc shopping specifically for wedding rings?? Or is it just me?

It’s not just you. ;)
    What's frustrating in Sims4, is the inability to have a wedding ring under formal wear. Face/palm. As if most aren't wearing formal wear to their own weddings. :open_mouth:

If you take the formal filter tag off you can access the wedding rings in CAS to add to your formal outfits. :)

I do add wedding rings for my married couples when I remember.

• Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Honestly I forget it's a thing.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2019
    I always keep rings on my married sims. I guess it is just natural for me to. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I use different types of rings, and yes, all of my married Sims get them on every outfit.
  • Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I don't do much with this. I thought mine do tend to automatically have rings but I don't look closely. Most of my married couples stay married though some don't. Their fidelity (or sometimes lack of it) is definitely not connected to wearing a ring.

Their spouses are in their info and I generally remember them all.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,972 Member
    I don't think i ever gave my sims rings tbh just like irl me would hate to wear jewellery of any kind my sims most of the time don't
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,580 Member
    I use my autoweddingrings mod to give them wedding rings.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Depends on the outfit. Mostly they do.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited September 2019
    Never really noticed that they didn't. Fixing to fire this game up and check it out.

Update: So my male Sims do but the females don't... will fix this

WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes, all my married sims get rings on the traditional finger. For lack of choice, the women get a diamond ring and the men get a gold or silver band.
    Post edited by _natalie on
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    So there is a rings-at-wedding-mod? Hm, I could use that, but (typically enough) I now have a routine where 1 of 3 ring color alternatives is used, depending on "social status". I imagine they are at different costs, and that my poorest sims will choose the version they (hardly) can afford. I have not checked on all my couples yet, guess I will need to take a full round to only check rings, otherwise I seem to forget most of the time.

btw; I add the ring to all outfits. Sometimes I skip it for sleepwear, but I'm pretty sure many persons don't remove their wedding ring at all, and for some it might even become difficult to remove it, so why bother when going to sleep.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited September 2019
    I try to, but its so annoying adding the ring to every outfit. I wish there was a way to have particular clothes just automatically be added to all outfits without having to look for it and not resort to mods.
  • Options
    iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    Yes, all my sims get a ring after getting married. I have a habit of using the lightest metal so it shows more.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I sometimes use them for my couples. I use the ones that come from the Rustic Romance cc pack because they don't interfere with lashes.
  • Options
    _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    _natalie wrote: »
    Yes, all my married sims get rings on the traditional finger. For lack of choice, the women get a diamond ring and the men get a gold or silver band.

I also do not include rings on married sims when in their athleticwear, sleepwear or swimwear.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    birdonawirebirdonawire Posts: 400 Member
    edited September 2019
    Always. :smile:

5Y0YPB9.png
    bEBY13B.png
    v3f2lsy.png