Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The New Phantasmal Reading Circle - closed (Continued on another thread)

Comments

• Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    @simscognito You do not pi** off Death... I see *major* catastrophe in the very near future...

On another note, I'm thinking of giving up on entering the short story contest this month...I'm getting way too frustrated with the restrictions and trying to write the story itself is draining and agonizing. Working with visual aids (screenshots) is not my strength as I can "see" and "hear" what the characters look/sound like/dialogue in my mind and the pictures are really just a hindrance to my method of working. Plus with all the family-friendly and word requirements I can't tell the story how I want to tell it... so why bother at all? But the work I have put in has sparked interest in doing a darker, stand-alone story with the same characters...
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    @bookloverblue aw thanks. Looking forward to reading your simLit.
    @NyteRose absolutely. Best not to get on Death's bad side XD
    Ooh that sounds interesting. Looking forward to hearing more about it.

Here's another chapter from Friends of Foes.

Interlude: Pen Pals
    penpals_orig.png
  • Options
    @simscognito Who's up next week?
    Sorry if I'm a bit inactive this week, I have a bad ear infection and the antibiotics are kicking my butt :( And I'm in a bit of a writing slump, I want to write but I don't know which project to work on :D I have a normal chapter and an interlude for Stars that I shelved a month (two months?) ago (or longer) that I could try to finish, Chapter 3 for Black Swan that can be done, or there are the options of retrying the story contest or finishing the prologue and first chapter of my second-gen sequel story (which introduces Vincent ;) ) or my long-shelved one-shot where the gang plays WoW... Help me decide on what to finish/work on first lol.
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited July 2019
    @NyteRose Ouch! That sounds painful--hope you feel better soon!

My first thought is try for the short story contest. I'd love to see your work there, and it's the only thing on the list with a deadline of any sort. (Not that you can't write it outside the contest, of course, but it gives you the chance for a wider audience.)

But if you really feel pulled towards something else, go for it.

I think @LillyDoves is after me?

Edit: Almost forgot--obligatory post for new Clanbuilding chapter: http://www.fanfiction.katrinasforest.com/2019/07/19/clanbuilding-for-dummies-chapter-17/

This one was more comic and less in-between text. ^_^;;
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    @katrinasforest You're right, the only project that has an official deadline is the story contest and I've already put time and energy into drafting and screenshotting (not great screen captures, but again not my preferred work method) so might as well try to finish it. ^^ And the short can work as a foreshadow to the actual new story (when/if I get to it.)
  • Options
    @NyteRose Ouch! That sounds painful--hope you feel better soon!

My first thought is try for the short story contest. I'd love to see your work there, and it's the only thing on the list with a deadline of any sort. (Not that you can't write it outside the contest, of course, but it gives you the chance for a wider audience.)

But if you really feel pulled towards something else, go for it.

I think @LillyDoves is after me?

Edit: Almost forgot--obligatory post for new Clanbuilding chapter: http://www.fanfiction.katrinasforest.com/2019/07/19/clanbuilding-for-dummies-chapter-17/

This one was more comic and less in-between text. ^_^;;

Okay, I think it's @LillyDoves' turn this week too.
  • Options
    NyteRose wrote: »
    @simscognito Who's up next week?
    Sorry if I'm a bit inactive this week, I have a bad ear infection and the antibiotics are kicking my butt :( And I'm in a bit of a writing slump, I want to write but I don't know which project to work on :D I have a normal chapter and an interlude for Stars that I shelved a month (two months?) ago (or longer) that I could try to finish, Chapter 3 for Black Swan that can be done, or there are the options of retrying the story contest or finishing the prologue and first chapter of my second-gen sequel story (which introduces Vincent ;) ) or my long-shelved one-shot where the gang plays WoW... Help me decide on what to finish/work on first lol.

@NyteRose, man I hate ear infections. Hope you start feeling better soon.
  • Options
  • Options
    @simscognito Thanks for letting me swap stories (yet again) and I read your latest chapter. I have the feeling Grim Reaper is somehow behind Gemma's disappearance. As I said before, you do not pi** off Death and scrape by without consequences.

On another note, Stars and the Sun will be updated soonish. Just have to finish typing up Chapter 31 (normal chapter) and editing/rewriting portions of an interlude chapter. If I don't just rewrite the whole interlude from scratch. Which leads to a (repeat) question: Should I post the normal and interlude chapters separately or together? I'm not sure how long it will take to edit the interlude chapter and Stars hasn't been updated since April...
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    New Chapter!
    Goodbye Doesn't Mean I'm Gone
    Post edited by NyteRose on
  • Options
    Arg! How do I get this behind on reading everything? (Okay, rhetorical question. I do it by thinking I have more time than I do, joining three different reading groups, and doing book blog tours on top of it. >.< That little story about Clover hits way too close to home sometimes.)

Slightly off-topic, I don't think we heard from @LillyDoves this week. Maybe she's taking a break from the group? If so, I think @NyteRose is up next.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    @simscognito I think it is my spotlight this week so very glad I updated!
  • Options

Hi, yes @NyteRose is up this week. Sorry, I woke up thinking it was Wednesday :joy:
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited July 2019

Hi, yes @NyteRose is up this week. Sorry, I woke up thinking it was Wednesday :joy:

i like wednesday wed and thursday i don't have to be a adult aparently my keyboard likes wednesdayto it typed it twice
  • Options
    I'll give everyone a day or so to catch up with the latest chapter...that'll give me time to think of some questions :D
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I know I said I'd wait a bit on questions, but I thought of some and am going to post them before I forget :D So in that case,

What do you think Caleb meant by in his advice to Jas? Do you think he's having second thoughts about their relationship or feels guilty/inadequate because he can't give her a "normal" life?
    Do you think Alex is regretting breaking up with Jas? What, if any, role may he play in the future?

And as for Jasmina...
    Do you think she blames herself for Caleb's addiction issues?

Post edited by NyteRose on
  • Options
    Here's the next chapter of Friends of Foes.
    Chapter seventy four: Where's Gema?
    penpals-copy_orig.png

@NyteRose I'll get to reading the latest chapters this weekend.
  • Options
    Aw, that was a sweet ending line. And the back and forth POV switches between Caleb and Jas worked well. Onto questions:

What do you think Caleb meant by in his advice to Jas? Do you think he's having second thoughts about their relationship or feels guilty/inadequate because he can't give her a "normal" life? I don't think he's having second thoughts. I think he values Jas's independence. If anything, he's probably feeling guilty that she would think of giving up a good assignment.

Do you think Alex is regretting breaking up with Jas? What, if any, role may he play in the future? I think any break-up (aside from ones that are truly abusive relationships) carries with it some amount of second guessing for both people involved. I think Alex still cares about Jas and would certainly help her if she truly needed it. I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back later, though I'm drawing a blank on what role he would play.

Do you think Jasmina blames herself for Caleb's addiction issues? I didn't get that impression from this chapter per se. I sure hope she doesn't. We can't control other people's actions, after all. Either way, I'm glad Caleb seems to be getting better. :)
  • Options

What do you think Caleb meant by in his advice to Jas? Do you think he's having second thoughts about their relationship or feels guilty/inadequate because he can't give her a "normal" life? I don't think he's having second thoughts. I think he values Jas's independence. If anything, he's probably feeling guilty that she would think of giving up a good assignment.

I have to disagree a little here. I think Caleb *does* feel a bit guilty that Jas is so "willing to throw her life away for a monster," as he would put it. He doesn't see himself the way she sees him... and for having such a long life behind him, he can be a little dense at times. Just my two cents :)

• Options

I have to disagree a little here. I think Caleb *does* feel a bit guilty that Jas is so "willing to throw her life away for a monster," as he would put it. He doesn't see himself the way she sees him... and for having such a long life behind him, he can be a little dense at times. Just my two cents :)

You're the author, so I'd say you have a better sense of his motivations than I do. ;) As I said, it was just my impression.

I just posted the newest chapter of Clanbuilding, for anyone who's interested:

http://www.fanfiction.katrinasforest.com/2019/08/03/clanbuilding-for-dummies-chapter-18/
  • Options
    What do you think Caleb meant by in his advice to Jas? Do you think he's having second thoughts about their relationship or feels guilty/inadequate because he can't give her a "normal" life? I think he feels guilty about a lot of things, but in terms of their relationship, I think he truly loves Jas and wants what's best for her, but also hopes that what's best is with with him. On the other hand, he's prepared for the possibility that a life with him might not be what's best for her.

Do you think Alex is regretting breaking up with Jas? What, if any, role may he play in the future? I think Alex really cares about Jas and yes, I think he's having mixed feelings about breaking up with her.

Do you think Jasmina blames herself for Caleb's addiction issues? I don't think so. I do think she's heartbroken that he has them, but I don't think she blames herself.
  • Options
    Hi, who's up next in the reading circle?
  • Options
    @simscognito I think you are maybe..?
    I have no clue :D
  • Options
    It might be me. I don't know. :D