Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sulani Island Festivals - When Do They Happen?

Comments

• Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I've finally seen 2 other types, the fire dance one and the one where they put the swing in the wade pool area, so cool! I love that they do these, I have to remind myself to travel to other areas or my SIM will be on the Island all the time, which she mostly is lol
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited June 2019
    I’m noticing more events but since there’s no explanation of what they are, it’s kind of confusing. Shouldn’t we get a notification that says what it is and how long it lasts?

I saw the swingset in the water and the balloons all lining the jetty, but I had no idea the swings weren’t always there, just thought I never noticed them before. So that’s family fun day? ...OK.

I saw some easels, picnic tables with collectibles as centerpieces, and food stands at the pavilion. What was that about? What am I missing? I looked for ways to ask the locals what’s going on.

Oh and why doesn’t anyone set up under the large roofed area? It was raining pretty solid and they were out in the open when the obvious thing would be to go under cover.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    We should definitely get notifications for them
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    I am actually quite glad that there are no notifications. I get enough of those as it is. I'll just look for the balloons instead.

Totally agree. I ignore all the City living festivals events. So, happy Island Living is random, much more fun to just stumble along and one pops up. Did you know Sulani has 7 Exclusive Festivals & Events. As of today, I've been to two--one popped up when I was at the beach and I noticed people running over.
    1. Fishing Competition
    2. Island Celebration
    3. Beach Bonfire
    4. Family Fun Day
    5. Flower and Music
    6. Town Barbeque
    7. Town Pot-Luck

I didn’t know there were this many events until I watched this 11 minute helpful video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zxxHmYy7aA&app=desktop
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    Oh and why doesn’t anyone set up under the large roofed area? It was raining pretty solid and they were out in the open when the obvious thing would be to go under cover.

I don't think you actually can... I've tried to walk under it, and wasn't able to do so. I think it's a single decorative object rather than a built area.
  • Options
    anosesanoses Posts: 146 Member
    It seems that scarlet from simsvip created a mod about the island event notifications not tried yet
  • Options
    EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    anoses wrote: »
    It seems that scarlet from simsvip created a mod about the island event notifications not tried yet

It's available on her Patreon for free (You don't have to be a supporter to get it).

https://www.patreon.com/posts/island-event-28138665
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I haven't gotten any Sulani Festival events yet, but there are definitely more of the pre-IL events happening.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    will681will681 Posts: 319 Member
    I also have not seen any festivals--(except for the turtle hatchings)so I went into the game to walk into the festival courtyard, but when I traveled to the ohan'ali beach there was a festival already in the courtyard! It was a little bit before 8pm in game; i've played different saves and shown up at various lots different times and this is the first festival in the courtyard area.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I've only encountered the bonfire event in the plaza all the time, and seem to miss all the other events somehow; and I even have a household living in the lot right next to the festival plaza...
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    I noticed today that the Family fun time with the children starts at around 10am. Some others started around 2pm at the festival grounds. Don't remember which ones, though. Or if they were even different festivals. Also seen the fishing one a few times, but can recall the time.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited July 2019
    Its Thursday 9:45am for my sim, something is happening over there but she is gonna give this one a miss. Not in the mood to go out in thunder and pouring rain LOL

879DDFS.png
    Post edited by mcrudd on
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    The festivals start on the same day each week so you don't need a notice. I'm happy we don't get notices for the Sulani Festivals--much funnier that way. But you do get a notice for the Turtle Hatching.

Sulani Festivals

1. Monday - Town Barbeque started around 5 pm and ended around 12:20 am
    2. Tuesday - Flower and Music started around 12 noon and ended around 7:30 pm
    3. Wednesday - Town Pot Luck started around 6:40 pm
    4. Thursday - Island Celebration started around 5 pm
    5. Friday - Beach Bonfire started around 5 pm
    6. Saturday - Fishing Competition started in the Morning (sorry missed the time)
    7. Sunday - Family Fun Day started in the Morning (sorry missed the time)

Happy Island Living!
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    magooo63magooo63 Posts: 360 Member
    edited July 2019
    EIisabetta wrote: »
    anoses wrote: »

It's available on her Patreon for free (You don't have to be a supporter to get it).

https://www.patreon.com/posts/island-event-28138665

I have added this mod from scarlet, and it is awesome!! I get notifications just like Myshuno. it gives a pop up to let you know that the event is going on now, and to head over to the event. My only issue is that they dont have enough intertainment at the event, just fire dancing and talking. i usually put a radio, guitar, or keyboard in my sim inventory and set them up when i get there for entertainment. It's important to put these items in your inventory, because you cant edit this event lot at all, so you cant place any items on there via build/buy mode.
    Post edited by magooo63 on
  • Options
    ZzMANzZZzMANzZ Posts: 72 Member
    I am living on the deserted island and I have found that very few people come to visit me. I didn't get a welcome visit. Its lonely on the island lol.
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited July 2019
    ZzMANzZ wrote: »
    I am living on the deserted island and I have found that very few people come to visit me. I didn't get a welcome visit. Its lonely on the island lol.

You'll only have neighbours visiting you if there are neighbours living in the same neighbourhood. So this will only happen if you live on an Island with at least two lots.
  • Options
    aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    I went to the fishing competition event expecting to see a winner announced.
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    EIisabetta wrote: »
    Felicity wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to turn off the city living notifications and turn these on. Or at the very least, put them on the calendar.

This. It would be awesome if all the festivals, including city living ones, showed up on the calendar.

But what would we poor players do, who haven't a calendar, because we haven't got the weather pack? I think it is fine with the balloons and arches, and I have had this happening very frequently. I still love the turtle hatching event most, though.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    The festivals start on the same day each week so you don't need a notice. I'm happy we don't get notices for the Sulani Festivals--much funnier that way. But you do get a notice for the Turtle Hatching.

Sulani Festivals

1. Monday - Town Barbeque started around 5 pm and ended around 12:20 am
    2. Tuesday - Flower and Music started around 12 noon and ended around 7:30 pm
    3. Wednesday - Town Pot Luck started around 6:40 pm
    4. Thursday - Island Celebration started around 5 pm
    5. Friday - Beach Bonfire started around 5 pm
    6. Saturday - Fishing Competition started in the Morning (sorry missed the time)
    7. Sunday - Family Fun Day started in the Morning (sorry missed the time)

Happy Island Living!

Thank you for the information!
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I kinda wish that these festivals notifications appear on the calendar, and they give us an option to use a filter to help us identify which are holidays from festivals.
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited August 2019
    I have a Sim living in a small house on the lot next to the festival center and noticed that they happen pretty frequently. But you have to be looking for them because they aren't announced. I wish they were though because my Sims that live on lots that aren't near the festival center never know when one is happening.

Some of the festivals, like the one that has two food stalls, have about 8 to 10 islanders attending. That one I'd like to do again because the Sims were having fun. I've only seen that one twice. The second time both food stalls were closed.

The other festivals seem to have kind of low turnouts. I saw 6 Sims at a festival where someone had made some roast pork, 4 Sims at the festival that has one easel and one guitar, and 1 Sim at a festival that was playing music and had several empty tables.

I think I saw the start of Family Fun Day once. I spotted three children dressed in coats and hats running to the beach. That's what caught my attention. I looked for them in Manage Worlds so I could change their outfits and found that none of them had a parent or parents. They all have families now.

There's a bonfire that appears near the fishing pier at night, along with two picnic tables and two lounge chairs. That little beach party seems to attract more Sims than the regular festivals. I've seen 6 to 8 Sims there each time.

Thanks @Hearts4u for posting the schedule!
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    I would really like to see these festivals on the calendar or get notifications just like City Living and Get Famous. Or at the very least have a Sulani resident call to invite you to an event. I don't have any sims living in Sulani, so it's not like I will be on a home lot and see stuff happening or just jogging and see stuff happening.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Just stopping by to drop off this link for those that don't mind mods, and don't like Patreon: https://scarletsmods.com/2019/09/04/island-event-notifications-enabled/ Can't live without it! :)
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Wait, IL has festivals?! I've grown up 3 generations in Sulani and haven't seen one yet, how am I missing this? I guess I'll watch for balloons but a mark with a time and place on the calendar would be appreciated.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    So I'm finding this page a year late - I agree we need festival notifications for Sulani. I never knew about them.