Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Play With Occults?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I Play With Normal Sims Most Of The Time
    Normal sims most of the time which is a shame because I love how vampires were done in this version of the sims. I’ve got a fair few vampires saved in my CAS. I just need to figure out how to best put them to use in my game, but other occult’s are of less interest to me personally. Vampires and werewolves were the only occults I ever used in ts2/3.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I Play With Normal Sims 100% Of The Time
    Play normal Sims 100% of the time besides the one time I tried Vampires because people were saying they were great I found it to be nothing but limiting and everything that is fun about vampires not being there.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I Play With Occults 100% Of The Time
    Occults are LIFE! lol
    I can't wait to have a few more in my game. <3>:)
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    soko37 wrote: »
    I dont understand how so many people always seem to be confused by poll making lol. Saying I play with occult but not often is the same as I mostly play with normal sims. Everything on here is just a repeat of the first batch of items, so your poll is too spread out now for any real results. There's only normal sims and occult so you only need ask about the one and the other is inherently known. I just see this so often with poll making it's becoming comical at this point.

tenor.gif
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I'm 50/50
    50/50 as I need random in my game and don't want too much realism as I play to have fun.
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    I like to play with normal Sims most of the time because I usually try to do legacy style families. I also sometimes don't have the patience to tend to the different needs of Vampires, for example. I also am not really very interested in Vamps or Plantsims. I like the alien abduction events and getting impregnated from those but I don't think that's ever even happened to me in TS4.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I Play With Normal Sims 100% Of The Time
    Normal only atm but it might change with IL and/or RoM, depending on how the supernaturals are done. I am just uninterested in the current selection (vamps, aliens).
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    If I want a normal life I’d just shut down my laptop and live my own life.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm 50/50
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    50/50 as I need random in my game and don't want too much realism as I play to have fun.

My thoughts exactly. I live real life - I like my games to portray fantasy intermingling with real life. I don't play evil characters there's enough evil in real life - so my supernaturals are often helpful and good and only show their occasional anger power when it is actually used for good to help usually a good human Sims out. It's my fantasy and my only time in life when I can live it is in the Sims games so I chose half occults and half normal households. My Sims tend to find mates of their own kind for first mates - but if their mate dies then they can chose a second mate of what ever species the match well with and who gets along with any offspring born from first mates. I like happy households. LOL.

Realism is never in realty the way we want it - so I play my game like I think life should be. It takes magic more times than not.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    I Play With Occults, But Not Often
    depends on my gameplay mood
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm 50/50
    I love my vampires, I really have to restrain myself from making more...but they really are the only interesting occults so far imho.
    I have some aliens as well, but they don't strike me as very occulty, there is not much to them.
    I wish we could make permanent plantsims in CAS (with all the hair options), they don't offer much gameplay wise, kinda like the aliens, but they would fit perfectly for a gardener sim or if I make Poison Ivy.
    Played a ghost for a bit too, but again there's just not much to do with them...so I am pretty much stuck with vampires for now, but sooooon there will be mermaids and then witches (hopefully), I love my world to be weird and magical.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    Aliens are so boring. They can, what?, access someone's personality and steal their emotions.... for what? Sometimes they get "caught" and that embarrasses them, and then what? I wish they had something more. Someone else had the idea to give them extra eyes or arms, etc. I wish some
    aliens could be evil, or that there was an evil aspiration for aliens. At least it would give them some guidance toward accomplishing something.

I kinda wish there would be a sociopath occult. They look just like regular sims, but have no social need, and their fun need is based on...I don't know, mischief or anger? They would either get no emotions/moodlets or different, nuanced ones. They have the ability to make very effective apologies and charm other sims... I just want to make the sims darker
  • Options
    GosiaWKGosiaWK Posts: 56 Member
    I like occults, but I usually play them when I need them, like during a challenge or a new play through. I think aliens could be a bit more fleshed out, since they are kind of boring, but vampires are pretty chill
  • Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    wouldnt play the sims without my vamps ever,
  • Options
    RainbowIslandRainbowIsland Posts: 20 Member
    95% of my played sims are normal. Yet my favourite sim is a vampire and I played him for so many hours, my count may very well be more like 50/50.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Ill play more occults once we get more. Just playing vampires gets so boring, aliens are boring, and Im not "pretending" my vampire is a witch or something. Thank goodness more occults are coming.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I love, Love, Love, Love, Love occults, but there’s not enough occults in the game for me to have a good mix of diversity. I don’t always want my sim to be an alien or a vampire. I need more!
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif