Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lottery?

Has any of your sims won the lottery? Any of the sims I've played has never won, I just always see notifications that someone else has won. Usually the sim who won was a household that I've played in the past.

Comments

• Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I've had 2 sims win so far. Before that though I had a sim that his girlfriend won so I moved her in and the money came with her ;)
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I haven't had a lottery in my game in a long time, come to think of it. None have ever won.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    mikaelahollymikaelaholly Posts: 46 Member
    None of my sims have ever won. I wish for it every time though lol
  • Options
    yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    I’ve had one sim win when I was playing a poor household. The instant riches kind of ruined my story line so I started a new save lol.
  • Options
    mermaidwafflesmermaidwaffles Posts: 1 New Member
    Yes! My sim won once and he won 1M simoleons...I didn't know what to do with it all. :)
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Yes and funnily enough it was when I was going to do a From Rags To Riches challenge. So that sort of backfired - lol!
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    None of my sims have won. However the lottery has lost its appeal somewhat now that I save up whim points for money trees.
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    no one in my current family has won, but they dont need to lol. their funds are over 2 million now. but i have won in the past with another family. twice i think. different amounts each time
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    None of my sims have ever won.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    None of my sims have ever won - I think the last time I had the lottery in-game, Eliza Pancakes won lol.
  • Options
    vancanuckfan86vancanuckfan86 Posts: 1,156 Member
    None of my Sims have ever won - but then again - they've never played the lottery :lol: !
  • Options
    Aeren90Aeren90 Posts: 65 Member
    I haven’t had lottery show up in any of my saves for a looong time, I wonder if it’s a bug.
  • Options
    ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    None of my sims have won. However the lottery has lost its appeal somewhat now that I save up whim points for money trees.

Money trees, what.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member

Money trees, what.

For 5,000 satisfaction points you can buy a money tree.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Just cause I thought it was funny - the very next event I had in game? The lottery!
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

Money trees, what.

@Advarius9001 If you own Seasons you can buy a money tree from the whim rewards. Plant it, nurture it, and you can harvest $8000 each day, at least.
  • Options
    KEMH632KEMH632 Posts: 3 New Member
    :'( I don't have any lottery at all. Yes, I have seasons.
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I remade Specter Family and lived through all Olives marriages. As he was meant to be a rich sim I let Rigger Mortis enter the lottery and he won the million jackpot. I haven't won before or after but depending on the family I only enter certain sims.
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I assume it's a bug but on several occasions in my games I have seen pets belonging to npcs win
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    What lottery?
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yup! I immediately deleted the save though because it was a rags to riches challenge.

@Oldeseadogge the lottery comes with the Seasons expansion pack. You need to play long enough for it to show up and have the pack (duh).
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    That explains it. I don't have that pack, and don't intend to. It borks too much of how I play to make it worth while. I'm one of those guys that reads/watches the reviews and studies the forums for player experiences before pack buying. If the desirable/working part doesn't outweigh the EA screw-ups, the pack isn't gotten.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    I assume it's a bug but on several occasions in my games I have seen pets belonging to npcs win

Yeah, the cat lady’s cats seem to win a lot! Mayor Whiskers and the ghost dog have also won.
  • Options
    Ult1mat3XUlt1mat3X Posts: 11 New Member
    Does anybody know the % chance of win?
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    @Ult1mat3X I read in some guide that it is 1 in 100. If you have a household of 3 and all buy tickets, it's 3 in 100 for this household.