Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heffner Legacy: [Updated 09/05] 4.29 The Cold Shoulder

Comments

• Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Yours truly had a birthday yesterday and decided to give you and self an update.

heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    I have read this wonderful chapter but have to leave now so I will be back later with a lengthy comment! :)<3
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited April 2019
    Okay...now I'm home and I'll try to recreate my response (when it was so fiendishly obliterated by the weebly gnomes! :rage: )

Bad Chris for forgetting your little sister's birthday (but not surprising). Terry is soooo correct about getting her something--especially something personal. She IS into nu metal rock, SO...I like Terry's suggestion! <3 Boy...Terry is my favorite and this chapter did not disappoint. YES! Chris! Listen to him! You might WANT Mrs. Johnson, but you cannot have your boss' wife. And what was she thinking FLIRTING with him in front of her husband's office? Dangerous stuff...I guess when you're emotionally abused (maybe physically?) it's hard to just say no. I hope Chris does not make good on his promise to go to that ball. Not with all this other stuff that's going on with him.

I laughed out loud when I saw your teaser was just Chris' overactive imagination. Naughty girl...I was fooled. Ha! ;)

That training program was so cool! Loved every minute of it. And it was hilarious how Chris was bungling everything. lol But I do worry that something might be wrong with him since his vision was going out of focus. :scream: I'm hoping it's just stress and not something else.

When Chris was getting all those smexy texts I about died. At first I thought the lingerie was from Raven but he would have known her number right away. Then I caught on with the handcuffs...hee hee! So good. Celeste is great. I'm sure Chris will get more of those. He deserves it (as Terry mentions for missing her birthday.) I wanted Chris to get her a new car but I guess he couldn't keep tabs on her like he wants.

Now for Mr. Morti--he's a delicious twist to the plot. He's got everything Chris wants with all this information. But whatever does he want with Raven? I liked how he flung that piece of information about Chris' mother's killer in front of Chris. He's like a rabid dog with a piece of meat and he's tied on a short leash. Oh yeah...Chris is playing right into the guy's hands. Can't wait for more (as usual).
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Okay...now I'm home and I'll try to recreate my response (when it was so fiendishly obliterated by the weebly gnomes! :rage: )

Bad Chris for forgetting your little sister's birthday (but not surprising). Terry is soooo correct about getting her something--especially something personal. She IS into nu metal rock, SO...I like Terry's suggestion! <3 Boy...Terry is my favorite and this chapter did not disappoint. YES! Chris! Listen to him! You might WANT Mrs. Johnson, but you cannot have your boss' wife. And what was she thinking FLIRTING with him in front of her husband's office? Dangerous stuff...I guess when you're emotionally abused (maybe physically?) it's hard to just say no. I hope Chris does not make good on his promise to go to that ball. Not with all this other stuff that's going on with him.

I laughed out loud when I saw your teaser was just Chris' overactive imagination. Naughty girl...I was fooled. Ha! ;)

That training program was so cool! Loved every minute of it. And it was hilarious how Chris was bungling everything. lol But I do worry that something might be wrong with him since his vision was going out of focus. :scream: I'm hoping it's just stress and not something else.

When Chris was getting all those smexy texts I about died. At first I thought the lingerie was from Raven but he would have known her number right away. Then I caught on with the handcuffs...hee hee! So good. Celeste is great. I'm sure Chris will get more of those. He deserves it (as Terry mentions for missing her birthday.) I wanted Chris to get her a new car but I guess he couldn't keep tabs on her like he wants.

Now for Mr. Morti--he's a delicious twist to the plot. He's got everything Chris wants with all this information. But whatever does he want with Raven? I liked how he flung that piece of information about Chris' mother's killer in front of Chris. He's like a rabid dog with a piece of meat and he's tied on a short leash. Oh yeah...Chris is playing right into the guy's hands. Can't wait for more (as usual).

I will attack those weebly gnomes with a vacuum cleaner for that mischief!

Terry is growing on me too. There's some interesting stuff for him in store which I'm sure you're going to love. I dare to say he's the most normal character in this generation. :D
    It makes me giggle how everyone tells Chris to stay away from Mrs. Johnson. Of course he will not! >:) He is Tony's son after all and she's a too big temptation. And she unintentionally does all the right things to keep him interested, besides looking gorgeous, ofc. She's not throwing herself at him like other girls, she's a good listener and wants nothing from him. How could he resist? You know how it is. The more you tell someone 'This is not good for you' the more likely they'll do just that. You can bet he will go to the ball.

LOL. Yes, the teaser picture. I was worried everyone would be disappointed that Chris didn't punch the chief. I'm glad then it made you laugh.

I loved the idea of the training program so much! It wasn't the original plan for this chapter. But then I wanted to show more of Chris & Terry's day on the job. I wanted them to go shooting, so I came up with the eval to give them a reason. Shooting didn't feel like enough, so I added the program. And boy did I kick myself for it. So much work! But it was totally worth it. So different from everything else. I love it. I guess sometimes you have to challenge yourself.

Something is indeed wrong with Chris. It may be all the stress or something more serious. We'll see.

I love continuity in simlit. You're the proof that I'm not alone. The poster Celeste created in previous chapter was meant to have effects and add to all things that are bothering Chris'.

I considered a car for Celeste, but as you correctly pointed out, Chris wouldn't give it to her for safety reasons.

Mr. Morti was one of those characters I felt bad that I used only once. I'm happy I could come up with an idea that made him more interesting and got Raven more involved in the plot. I can't wait to reveal where this little subplot leads. :)

Thank you for taking time to read and share your thoughts!
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    I'm back from my appointment, Whew!

I like that Chris is keeping the car for the good memories. He did have a few of his Father. I briefly thought he might decide to give it to Celeste but then, no, not a good way to keep track of her.

Oh Emily and Chris! <3 She is so out of his reach but I think they both would like it if she was in his arms! The shameless flirting and right by her husbands office! Le gasp! :o I like how he loses his composure with her and whether the flirting was real or imagined these two are too perfect for each other! He will figure out what is going on between Emily and her husband!

Terry is right with everything he said to Chris but I'm pretty sure Chris won't listen to him and he will go to that dance. If only to see Emily and maybe get a dance!

I am worried about Chris's eyesight! :# I would hate for him to have some eye problems and that could prevent him from his missions! I am hoping it's just stress! Please just let it be stress @Maladi777! <3

The training program was awesome! :) I loved your screenshot that changed! Perfection! <3o:) Chris was way off for this test! :o I'm once again hoping it's just too much stress! This man needs to relax a bit! :/

Terry cares about Chris and his family so much. I also think he might be pining a bit for Kellie. He is a very sweet guy and Chris should be grateful for such a good partner and friend! :)

The prank text and call were so great! Made me smile and think fondly of Celeste and how she feels about, and what names she calls, her brother. Chris kinda really did deserved that! :D

Mr. Morti, hmmm, now he is an interesting character. He really worked Chris and of course, because he is having an off day, he fell for it hook, line and sinker! :s I am betting he will get Raven to go so maybe she can get the information he didn't! I guess we'll see sometime down the road...

Fabulous to see you back with a chapter and now I shall wait till the next one! Thanks for this! :)<3
  • Options
    WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    Alright, Chris; let's talk...
    Chris is really a fabulous character. He is clearly an intelligent, capable man, but OMG, what an emotional idiot. His reflections on Celeste come so close sometimes, to being on the mark, but then he just utterly misses the point...he's sitting there lamenting about what Celeste fails to do, instead of asking himself what he could do; aren't you the adult, Chris?
    And then here comes Terry with the sensible suggestions, and Chris is in such a hurry to find reasons why he can't reach out to Celeste, and then be bitter about how famous he is. Dude. How has someone not set your hair on fire yet? It's because you're pretty, I think :smirk:

"I pulled up at the police station. I knew Terry would already be in the office. The man had no social life. Too bad I couldn't set him up with Kellie. Maybe if I had, he might have made her forget my dad."
    Sometimes, though, I feel like Chris deserves a smack. He can be very dismissive of people.
    I wonder if he'd been born poor to an unknown family, if he would be different in some fundamental ways.

That all said, I'm glad Celeste got him thinking and self-reflecting; he could benefit from this, provided he's not afraid to be really honest with himself...and that was a beautiful memory about his parents, it's nice to see that he keeps something special in his heart that attaches both his parents to a positive moment/emotion <3

I love love love that Terry shows up in the middle of Chris's "heroic" daydream :joy:
    And he just, pours a figurative bucket of ice water all over Chris's head!!
    (Naturally, I tried really hard not to read too much into the touching O.O)
    (Tried being the operative word here)
    :grin:

Chris, Terry sees right through you, let's not pretend he doesn't! Poor Emily, this has to be hard for her, an unhappy marriage, being flirted with by a hot, rich young guy with a hero complex...ahhh, I'm not sure if I envy her that (j/k Chris, you can flirt with me all day, honey).

The more we get to know Terry, the more I like him. He comes off as soft, but I really don't think he is; he's like steel wrapped in pillows, or something. A solid surface to land on. He doesn't pretend to have it all figured out, but he's already a step ahead just by trying, and thinking, and taking a moment to look outside of himself and see the world clearly. And he'll tell you what he thinks, but so nicely (is he Canadian O.o??), and even when he's giving you a Stern Dressing Down, he'll still hug you after, and he makes you want to be a better person and not disappoint him (unless you are Alvarez, lolololol).

I feel like Terry's motto is "Chris, make better choices please."
    These boys together, ahhh, I just can't, they are perfect! :mrgreen:
    In another life they are the best married couple ever.

I enjoyed their relationship the most this chapter, all Cherry jokes aside! (And there are so many nice Cherry moments tyu so so much because I enjoyed seeing Chris almost laying on top of Chris SO MUCH EEEE).
    I love that Chris's weak spot is his partner. I feel like Terry is an extra special partner, also, and his preoccupation with Kellie is so charming. He's trying to be a good guy about it, but clearly it has impacted him deeply :bawling:
    These are definitely two different kinds of leather jacket men, if you know what I mean!

Those guys looked so cute in their black probing suits (do you feel sufficiently probed, Chris? kekekeke)
    Alvarez, how did you not just jump them both when they emerged? You are a stronger woman than I...

Terry angry face and Terry cussing (whipping out that big D) and Terry having a mini-tantrum (Terrytrum?) oh my goodness!
    He's so lovable (also, Terry without a shirt, omggg).

I love the payoff from Celeste's poster, also; I hope this carries on for a long time :joy:
    And I'm definitely looking forward to getting to know Emily better.

I'm a little bit in love with Mr. Morti. He is one fine criminal.
    Good for Chris, recognizing that he got played...feels strangely like justice though? I mean, I am rooting for Chris, well, mostly (sometimes hairs need to be set on fire or something you see), but I also appreciate a clever coup, so; hats (and underoos) off to you, Mr. Morti
    /sends Morti her number (call me ok)
    The contrast in how Chris dealt with Morti and how Tony dealt with Morti is quite striking, really.

I loved this chapter so much, thank you for this belated birthday gift :joy:

AND CAN WE TALK ABOUT THAT GIF PIC?! That was awesome, I fully stared at it for at least two minutes grinning.

Now all Chris need is to blow off some steam >:)>:)>:)
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    haswh wrote: »
    I'm back from my appointment, Whew!

I like that Chris is keeping the car for the good memories. He did have a few of his Father. I briefly thought he might decide to give it to Celeste but then, no, not a good way to keep track of her.

Oh Emily and Chris! <3 She is so out of his reach but I think they both would like it if she was in his arms! The shameless flirting and right by her husbands office! Le gasp! :o I like how he loses his composure with her and whether the flirting was real or imagined these two are too perfect for each other! He will figure out what is going on between Emily and her husband!

Terry is right with everything he said to Chris but I'm pretty sure Chris won't listen to him and he will go to that dance. If only to see Emily and maybe get a dance!

I am worried about Chris's eyesight! :# I would hate for him to have some eye problems and that could prevent him from his missions! I am hoping it's just stress! Please just let it be stress @Maladi777! <3

The training program was awesome! :) I loved your screenshot that changed! Perfection! <3o:) Chris was way off for this test! :o I'm once again hoping it's just too much stress! This man needs to relax a bit! :/

Terry cares about Chris and his family so much. I also think he might be pining a bit for Kellie. He is a very sweet guy and Chris should be grateful for such a good partner and friend! :)

The prank text and call were so great! Made me smile and think fondly of Celeste and how she feels about, and what names she calls, her brother. Chris kinda really did deserved that! :D

Mr. Morti, hmmm, now he is an interesting character. He really worked Chris and of course, because he is having an off day, he fell for it hook, line and sinker! :s I am betting he will get Raven to go so maybe she can get the information he didn't! I guess we'll see sometime down the road...

Fabulous to see you back with a chapter and now I shall wait till the next one! Thanks for this! :)<3

When Chris renounced his dad, he convinced himself he had no good memories of him. It was easier that way to despise him. But he has good memories of his mother and Tony is part of those too.

Chris makes Emily feel young. Her husband forced the role of staid housewife on her. It's not a life she's living. Counting days to be able to see her daughter again. She and Chris could help each other a lot. It's up to Emily. Unless she decides to talk about her situation and accept Chris' help, things can't move forward for them. :'( Maybe the police ball will change that?

I can't promise anything regarding Chris and his health. Sorry. >:)

Terry is 200% a husband material. I would marry him myself! :)

How sweet of you to think fondly of Celeste after those pranks. Chris didn't. :D

Raven will need a little convincing to visit Mr. Morti. I'm sure Chris already has a plan. Raven might regret that she let him convince her, though.

Thank you for reading!
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    Alright, Chris; let's talk...
    Chris is really a fabulous character. He is clearly an intelligent, capable man, but OMG, what an emotional plum. His reflections on Celeste come so close sometimes, to being on the mark, but then he just utterly misses the point...he's sitting there lamenting about what Celeste fails to do, instead of asking himself what he could do; aren't you the adult, Chris?
    And then here comes Terry with the sensible suggestions, and Chris is in such a hurry to find reasons why he can't reach out to Celeste, and then be bitter about how famous he is. Dude. How has someone not set your hair on fire yet? It's because you're pretty, I think :smirk:

"I pulled up at the police station. I knew Terry would already be in the office. The man had no social life. Too bad I couldn't set him up with Kellie. Maybe if I had, he might have made her forget my dad."
    Sometimes, though, I feel like Chris deserves a smack. He can be very dismissive of people.
    I wonder if he'd been born poor to an unknown family, if he would be different in some fundamental ways.

That all said, I'm glad Celeste got him thinking and self-reflecting; he could benefit from this, provided he's not afraid to be really honest with himself...and that was a beautiful memory about his parents, it's nice to see that he keeps something special in his heart that attaches both his parents to a positive moment/emotion <3

I love love love that Terry shows up in the middle of Chris's "heroic" daydream :joy:
    And he just, pours a figurative bucket of ice water all over Chris's head!!
    (Naturally, I tried really hard not to read too much into the touching O.O)
    (Tried being the operative word here)
    :grin:

Chris, Terry sees right through you, let's not pretend he doesn't! Poor Emily, this has to be hard for her, an unhappy marriage, being flirted with by a hot, rich young guy with a hero complex...ahhh, I'm not sure if I envy her that (j/k Chris, you can flirt with me all day, honey).

The more we get to know Terry, the more I like him. He comes off as soft, but I really don't think he is; he's like steel wrapped in pillows, or something. A solid surface to land on. He doesn't pretend to have it all figured out, but he's already a step ahead just by trying, and thinking, and taking a moment to look outside of himself and see the world clearly. And he'll tell you what he thinks, but so nicely (is he Canadian O.o??), and even when he's giving you a Stern Dressing Down, he'll still hug you after, and he makes you want to be a better person and not disappoint him (unless you are Alvarez, lolololol).

I feel like Terry's motto is "Chris, make better choices please."
    These boys together, ahhh, I just can't, they are perfect! :mrgreen:
    In another life they are the best married couple ever.

I enjoyed their relationship the most this chapter, all Cherry jokes aside! (And there are so many nice Cherry moments tyu so so much because I enjoyed seeing Chris almost laying on top of Chris SO MUCH EEEE).
    I love that Chris's weak spot is his partner. I feel like Terry is an extra special partner, also, and his preoccupation with Kellie is so charming. He's trying to be a good guy about it, but clearly it has impacted him deeply :bawling:
    These are definitely two different kinds of leather jacket men, if you know what I mean!

Those guys looked so cute in their black probing suits (do you feel sufficiently probed, Chris? kekekeke)
    Alvarez, how did you not just jump them both when they emerged? You are a stronger woman than I...

Terry angry face and Terry cussing (whipping out that big D) and Terry having a mini-tantrum (Terrytrum?) oh my goodness!
    He's so lovable (also, Terry without a shirt, omggg).

I love the payoff from Celeste's poster, also; I hope this carries on for a long time :joy:
    And I'm definitely looking forward to getting to know Emily better.

I'm a little bit in love with Mr. Morti. He is one fine criminal.
    Good for Chris, recognizing that he got played...feels strangely like justice though? I mean, I am rooting for Chris, well, mostly (sometimes hairs need to be set on fire or something you see), but I also appreciate a clever coup, so; hats (and underoos) off to you, Mr. Morti
    /sends Morti her number (call me ok)
    The contrast in how Chris dealt with Morti and how Tony dealt with Morti is quite striking, really.

I loved this chapter so much, thank you for this belated birthday gift :joy:

AND CAN WE TALK ABOUT THAT GIF PIC?! That was awesome, I fully stared at it for at least two minutes grinning.

Now all Chris need is to blow off some steam >:)>:)>:)

Finally, I could sit down to reply to this awesome long analysis. :mrgreen:

Chris is definitely a complex character. He can be very charming, but then there's this 'I know better than you what is best for you' attitude. And honestly, I love love writing all the mistakes he makes. Because even with the best intentions he can utterly fail and it's fun to watch his face when he's like: "What the heck went wrong?" He has a great respect for Terry and at the same time, he doesn't blindly admire him, but has opinions on him, watches him with a critical eye and actually likes him even more when he's not always right and makes mistakes of his own.
    He's stubborn and vain and clueless about parenting, but you forgive him all his bad qualities, because you know his intention is to help and do good whenever he can.

You're absolutely right about Terry. He comes off as soft, but he is not weak. He surely is not an alpha male, but he doesn't need to be. His strengths lie elsewhere. He'll always have your back no matter what. He is gentle and kind, but he won't let others use him. Not after his relationship with Anita. I giggled when he told Chris: No woman is worth losing your good sense and your job because I can see him losing both for Kellie, if it cames to it.
    He totally poured a figurative bucket of ice water all over Chris's head in the middle of his daydream. I love your description. So on spot.

Terry and Chris feel probed more than enough for now, thank you very much. :smiley:;)

I sooo wanted to include Emily's POV, but I felt it would break the flow. This was all Chris chapter after all. She's warming up to him. How can she not? As you said, he's a hot, rich young guy with a hero complex. :joy: And him being so tongue-tied around her is endearing. Thankfuly, he finally got over his awkwardness and next time he'll use all his charm and tricks on her, hopefully.

I'm rubbing my hands with satisfaction that I made you fall for Mr. Morti. I'm really curious how you'll like his mind games with Raven. ;)
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    First things first... oh my goodness there's traffic on the street :scream: Rush hour in Newcrest!

I would have understood Chris to have a little innocent flirt with her. Making compliments, but not asking her to say aloud that she likes him. Not that I would have approved of that, but this, this was definitely too much! And risky, too. If anyone of those who saw tells the chief, it's his fault that Emily won't get to see her daughter or suffers even more mental wounds. She is vulnerable, and not only so toward her husband but also toward flattery. Her resistance against the flirt is weakened, and Chris uses that shamelessly (without even knowing, I hope; because if he did, it would lose many sympathy points for him)
    Alvarez' face while Chris kicked the Chief out of his office was priceless, like she counts on being the next chief already :joy: Whereas in the rest of the chapter, she's the main cause for passive aggressiveness. Like, honestly I would kick her out along with the Chief and watch her leave in shame. And not only because she attacked Terry verbally
    Of course I approve of Terry lecturing Chris! So... calm. Understanding. Kind. And yet very clear. If everyone would deal with disagreements like him, there would be no quarrel in simlit ever again. Chris better goes and collects some evidence, then Terry will surely help him. But without proof, he can forget that.
    The ADVISOR was great! Every second was totally worth your effort, and existing in written words and pictures. Until he decided against it, I was convinced Chris would leave Terry behind and chase the criminal because it was only a simulation. He has always shown that the career was important to him, so learning that his greatest fear actually is that his partner gets hurt was a surprise - and a very pleasant one that he still stayed with him in the simulation.
    Another surprise was that he actually didn't give Celeste a tell-down for the poster prank. Usually, she's getting on his nerves for every single bagatelle but now that she's actually got into some worse mischief, it's okay? That logic, I can't quite follow.
    The talk with Mr. Morti :love: Chris was convinced that he knew how dangerous Morti is, and that was his weakness - Morti knew no mercy, and honestly that's how he survived. That's how Tony survived. It was absolutely right to compare those two. The situation kind of reminded me of Tony and Kelly - a villain showing a younger character how rotten the world is, how few they know. But of course Morti's motives were not that... selfless :D I wonder if that talk will come to the Chief's ears, and thinking that the prison staff will most likely not be permitted (or willing) to keep it a secret, Chris will certainly come to regret his little tantrum.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    I had almost as much fun reading the responses as I did the chapter. Well....the chapter was delicious. Still rolling around in it even after two days.... <3 But the comments were insightful so I won’t try to compete! <3
  • Options
    First things first... oh my goodness there's traffic on the street :scream: Rush hour in Newcrest!

I would have understood Chris to have a little innocent flirt with her. Making compliments, but not asking her to say aloud that she likes him. Not that I would have approved of that, but this, this was definitely too much! And risky, too. If anyone of those who saw tells the chief, it's his fault that Emily won't get to see her daughter or suffers even more mental wounds. She is vulnerable, and not only so toward her husband but also toward flattery. Her resistance against the flirt is weakened, and Chris uses that shamelessly (without even knowing, I hope; because if he did, it would lose many sympathy points for him)
    Alvarez' face while Chris kicked the Chief out of his office was priceless, like she counts on being the next chief already :joy: Whereas in the rest of the chapter, she's the main cause for passive aggressiveness. Like, honestly I would kick her out along with the Chief and watch her leave in shame. And not only because she attacked Terry verbally
    Of course I approve of Terry lecturing Chris! So... calm. Understanding. Kind. And yet very clear. If everyone would deal with disagreements like him, there would be no quarrel in simlit ever again. Chris better goes and collects some evidence, then Terry will surely help him. But without proof, he can forget that.
    The ADVISOR was great! Every second was totally worth your effort, and existing in written words and pictures. Until he decided against it, I was convinced Chris would leave Terry behind and chase the criminal because it was only a simulation. He has always shown that the career was important to him, so learning that his greatest fear actually is that his partner gets hurt was a surprise - and a very pleasant one that he still stayed with him in the simulation.
    Another surprise was that he actually didn't give Celeste a tell-down for the poster prank. Usually, she's getting on his nerves for every single bagatelle but now that she's actually got into some worse mischief, it's okay? That logic, I can't quite follow.
    The talk with Mr. Morti :love: Chris was convinced that he knew how dangerous Morti is, and that was his weakness - Morti knew no mercy, and honestly that's how he survived. That's how Tony survived. It was absolutely right to compare those two. The situation kind of reminded me of Tony and Kelly - a villain showing a younger character how rotten the world is, how few they know. But of course Morti's motives were not that... selfless :D I wonder if that talk will come to the Chief's ears, and thinking that the prison staff will most likely not be permitted (or willing) to keep it a secret, Chris will certainly come to regret his little tantrum.

Newcrest is growing, there must be traffic! Although trying to set it up can be tricky. I'm sure @AudreyFld can relate. :D Them readers will notice if there's no driver in other cars!

Usually flirting is like a second nature to Chris as it is for Tony. The boy is well aware of his looks, no need to lie about it. And flirting is really easy when you don't care that much about the person. It gets more difficult when you really want to make a good impression, which is the case with Emily. He really wants her to like him. He wants to make her laugh and feel good in his presence as he does in hers.In those moments he's like in a giant bubble and forgets about the world around. He also tends to selectively forget about the fact that she's married.

I knew you'd be the one to detest Alvarez the most. :D I like to use her to provoke Terry into showing us his less composed side. Everyone has something that aggravates them. It's refreshing to see Terry fly off the handle too sometimes, don't you think?

Oh yes, the ADVISOR. I really need to find a reason to use the thing again. It was too good and too much fun not to.

Terry made it clear that Chris should give Celeste a free pass for the prank. He's aware Terry's better in handling kids than him. We might see him ask his buddy for parenting advice more often in the future.

Morti played him nicely and got what he wanted. Chris shouldn't have tried to double cross him. That was plain unwise.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    I had almost as much fun reading the responses as I did the chapter. Well....the chapter was delicious. Still rolling around in it even after two days.... <3 But the comments were insightful so I won’t try to compete! <3

Aww, really? I noticed the page views were quite high and couldn't figure out why. Thank you for enjoying it so much! <3
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    candycottonchucandycottonchu Posts: 906 Member
    So... I finally made it and read the whole thing!
    I believe I have told you what I thought about most of the parts, but not all!

-I love the traffic screenshots, and I love the insights in Chris kind of thinking. It makes him so relatable
    -come to think of the car tho... Chris is what age, mid twenties? And when Tony got it, he was at least around 10, so... that car is in a pretty good condition for being so old!
    -had to crack up when Chris contemplates to set up Terry with Kellie! xD
    -Chris little daydream is so cute. Like a teen girl in love, just with a hero complex <3
    -I'm starting to warm up a little to Terry. But honestly, I am really curious how he would handle the situation of possible abuse, if it was Kellie instead of Emily that doesn't want to press charges. I'm sure he'd try to convince her to change her mind at least!
    -I loved all the eval scenes, but I have told you so already! I'm glad you went through with it
    -those doll-faced dummies are quite creepy tho!
    -"How come I never get one of these?" LOL omg I think that's the last I expected Terry ever to say! :joy:
    -the Morti file with his photo on the table? Gorgeous! I love small details like this!
    -Ha! Terry actually admits he'd break the rules to find Kellie! That's a big risk. I'm still willing to forgive him his hypocrisy as it proves he's not just a cold fish! xD
    -Those prank calls make me giggle! And I wonder if Chris would let it slide with Celeste if he knew how she slipped his number to everyone!
    -It's always fun to see how Chris loses his cool, but he better be careful with people like Morti. One day his arrogance and hot headedness might cost him more than he's willing to pay.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    So... I finally made it and read the whole thing!
    I believe I have told you what I thought about most of the parts, but not all!

-I love the traffic screenshots, and I love the insights in Chris kind of thinking. It makes him so relatable
    -come to think of the car tho... Chris is what age, mid twenties? And when Tony got it, he was at least around 10, so... that car is in a pretty good condition for being so old!
    -had to crack up when Chris contemplates to set up Terry with Kellie! xD
    -Chris little daydream is so cute. Like a teen girl in love, just with a hero complex <3
    -I'm starting to warm up a little to Terry. But honestly, I am really curious how he would handle the situation of possible abuse, if it was Kellie instead of Emily that doesn't want to press charges. I'm sure he'd try to convince her to change her mind at least!
    -I loved all the eval scenes, but I have told you so already! I'm glad you went through with it
    -those doll-faced dummies are quite creepy tho!
    -"How come I never get one of these?" LOL omg I think that's the last I expected Terry ever to say! :joy:
    -the Morti file with his photo on the table? Gorgeous! I love small details like this!
    -Ha! Terry actually admits he'd break the rules to find Kellie! That's a big risk. I'm still willing to forgive him his hypocrisy as it proves he's not just a cold fish! xD
    -Those prank calls make me giggle! And I wonder if Chris would let it slide with Celeste if he knew how she slipped his number to everyone!
    -It's always fun to see how Chris loses his cool, but he better be careful with people like Morti. One day his arrogance and hot headedness might cost him more than he's willing to pay.
    Yes, the car is more than ten years old. I was wondering when someone points that out. It's a BMW, so who better than you should know how long those last? :D It's been well maintained, if we can take Chris' word for it. (If he's been giving it the same care as he's been giving Celeste, it's a wonder it still works). Chris is 26.
    Terry is a man too. Of course he would like to receive smexy pics on his phone. From Kellie preferrably. Too bad the dinner Chris invited him to, never happened because of the events in the lab.
    Terry would tell you breaking the rules to save Kellie from Tony's clutches is a completely different thing than flirting with your boss' wife. :smirk:
    I'm glad you noticed Morti's mugshot on the table. It's always a bit tricky to smuggle such things into a picture. I'm not that skilled in using warp and perspective in PS yet. Luckily it turned out well this time.
    If Chris saw the poster Celeste made, he would throw a serious Chrissy fit.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    Piazzagirl1015Piazzagirl1015 Posts: 2,500 Member
    @Maladi777 Sorry about the late comment but I was a bit busy in real life the past few weeks.

I left a lengthy comment for you at the blog but I forgot to add that I am a bit worried about Chris' vision problems. I'm wondering what is up with that. I do remember they tested him when they found out about Tony but Chris came up negative. Could it be that something was dormant until now? Not sure just taking a guess.

Terry sure did look fine :)

Anyways I loved the update and I'm off to you tube to watch some Queen videos.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    @Maladi777 Sorry about the late comment but I was a bit busy in real life the past few weeks.

I left a lengthy comment for you at the blog but I forgot to add that I am a bit worried about Chris' vision problems. I'm wondering what is up with that. I do remember they tested him when they found out about Tony but Chris came up negative. Could it be that something was dormant until now? Not sure just taking a guess.

Terry sure did look fine :)

Anyways I loved the update and I'm off to you tube to watch some Queen videos.
    I'm glad you found the time to read this crazy long update at all! I hope things will slow down a bit for you in RL soon, so that you have more time to relax and enjoy some stories again.

I read the comment you left on Weebly, but strangely enough it only shows in my admin section and not at the page itself right now, (looks like it works again), so I'm going to copy what you wrote here to reply to everything and for anyone else who'd like to read it as well. I'll put it in quote too for better reading. I'm gonna have to check if there are any better apps for comments on Weebly. I'm getting tired of recent glitches of the current one I use.
    Wow what a chapter here and so much to comment on that I do not know where to begin.  I guess I will begin with the title.  I have the song in my head all day and I can't get it out.  I thank you for that,  Later on I'm sure to be watching Queen videos on you tube.

The one thing that struck me on the car ride is Chris admitting he couldn't get rid of the car. That plus the fact that he held onto some good memories of Tony tells me that he doesn't hate him deep down.  Sure on the surface he rather not have a reminder of him every time he looks in the mirror but there is some hope left.  

I'm starting to warm up to a Chris/Emily pairing.  I don't like to ship couples too easily as I usually pick the wrong ones but there little scene in the police dept today gave me the warm and fuzzies.  I'm anxious to see what will happen at the Police Ball as I'm sure the chief is not going to be happy with his wife saving a dance for Chris.  I hope she thinks twice about that one.

Chris' problems are definitely interfering with his police work.  I'm sure he would have passed that first test if he didn't have Kellie on his mind.  Now that he has the information from Morti,  I do hope he figures out what really happened at that lab.  I do wonder if Raven will help him out.  My guess is that she will.  Maybe if he can find his mother's murderer, that will release some of the pressure his is under as all his problems stem from that day.

I also had to laugh at the prank text messages and we really need to see a shirtless Terry more often.

I had to laugh that the title gave you an earbug. :mrgreen:

You're on the right track with Chris not hating his dad 100%. He needed to blame someone for his mother's death at the time and Tony was the perfect target. He was late to save them after all. His perfect daddy, who had practically been laughing at cops and the law and been getting away with it, failed to be there for Chris and Beryl, when it really mattered. But deep down Chris knows it wasn't Tony who pulled the trigger. He was uncomfortable at the trial too. He's been repeating it, that he hates him, but when he's faced with the info, that Tony almost died in the prison, he realizes he doesn't actually want his father to die.
    People often say things they don't mean to convince themselves it's how they feel. They sometimes wish bad stuff to happen to people they don't like, but when those bad things really happen, they are shaken and not happy about it at all.

Chris' vision problems are not related to the tests. Those tests were done only to find if Chris had the alien gene too. It is publicly known he's Tony's son. If he had it, they would have taken him to the lab too.

I thought shirtless Terry would make his biggest fan @MrsRacooney happy. I didn't expect anyone else to appreciate those pictures too. Well, what do you know, I guess. :)

I won't lie, it pleases me that the idea of Chris & Emily is growing on you. They give me fuzzies too. Can't wait to shoot the police ball! Chief can't say anything, it's a ball, people dance and are asked for a dance. The question you should be asking is: will Raven like it? Because Chris will need a plus one for the ball. ;)

Raven might yet surprise you in many ways. That's all I'm going to say.

Thanks for reading! <3
    Post edited by Maladi777 on
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    Now you make me super curious. I want to see the ball too. Can not wait. But Raven? Hmmmm.
  • Options
    Now you make me super curious. I want to see the ball too. Can not wait. But Raven? Hmmmm.

I couldn't wait for the ball, so I made some test pictures. I also used this opportunity to test alpha hair on my characters and pose them. Enjoy!

tumblr_prpcqxwN9S1v6rdbso1_1280.jpg

tumblr_prp61dRpCc1v6rdbso1_1280.jpg

tumblr_prpd3330ws1v6rdbso1_1280.jpg
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Experimenting is nice but alpha Heffners = the most difficult awesome I ever had to give a post :pensive:

Hope you're having fun with shooting an actual event :grimace:
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Experimenting is nice but alpha Heffners = the most difficult awesome I ever had to give a post :pensive:

Hope you're having fun with shooting an actual event :grimace:

Ha! I had no idea you're so conflicted about alpha hair. :) No worries. I'm not going alpha anytime soon. The reason for it is that there's simply no decent alpha hair I would like on the star of this story. Yep, no alpha Heffners until there's perfect hair for our man Tony. B)

That event is still three months away. I'm shooting a pair of fugitives atm. They are nice to look at too, even though no so well dressed up as Chris and Emily in the pictures. :mrgreen:
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    They are still beautiful! You do non alpha very, very well. Emily is probably gorgeous with any hair, as is Chris!
  • Options
    Those two look so good together! <3
  • Options
    I 100% share @InfraGreen 's opinion. They look all gorgeous and stuff, but you can't go alpha :bawling: The Heffners will always be MM in my heart!
    Mentioned it on tumblr already, but in the first pic Chris looks so much younger. Stunning and very elegant, but young :sweat_smile:
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    They are still beautiful! You do non alpha very, very well. Emily is probably gorgeous with any hair, as is Chris!

Emily's beauty is even more striking in those alpha hair imho. She's such a beautiful creation. She and Kellie are both very photogenic.
    I 100% share @InfraGreen 's opinion. They look all gorgeous and stuff, but you can't go alpha :bawling: The Heffners will always be MM in my heart!
    Mentioned it on tumblr already, but in the first pic Chris looks so much younger. Stunning and very elegant, but young :sweat_smile:

That's because I removed a layer of facial hair and his eyebags for the photoshoot. Not sure if anyone noticed how weary he looked in the last chapter thanks to those. But Emily definitely noticed. She cares too much about the Heffner boy. More than is appropriate. :smirk:
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    Maladi777 wrote: »

Emily's beauty is even more striking in those alpha hair imho. She's such a beautiful creation. She and Kellie are both very photogenic.

That's because I removed a layer of facial hair and his eyebags for the photoshoot. Not sure if anyone noticed how weary he looked in the last chapter thanks to those. But Emily definitely noticed. She cares too much about the Heffner boy. More than is appropriate. :smirk:

*whispers* I liked the facial hair on him though
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26