Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A mysterious expansion pack coming in June 2019

Comments

• Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    @EA_Rtas I could agree with you more than that Rtas.
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    edited April 2019
    @Armilus616
    Armilus616 wrote: »
    leetamme wrote: »
    I assumed that in the US and other Countries that are similarly developed, such as the UK or France right across the border, the situation is similar. But I don't have any data there.
    I seriously expect it to be even worse in the US, but that might be due to some stereotypes about Americans I grew up with. There are some jokes here that portray the Americans as fat, drunk hillbillies that are all about shooting squirrels with guns and not knowing that anything outside of their home town even exists.

That may have something to do with the horrific “president” that we currently have, but I can assure you that very little of the USA is actually like that. And strangely enough, it would be those hillbilly types who would be most likely to know where meat comes from, due to their propensity to shoot animals.

I do think that there are urban areas with horrific school systems in which the kids have little knowledge about how meat gets from a farm to their meals. There are school systems here that literally get 0%’s on their overall common knowledge standardized tests, as compared to our school system here in the suburbs where we get between 92 and 95%. So yes, I think there are school systems where the kids learn basically nothing. If they are teaching the kids to read they are accomplishing something. But there aren’t that many like that.

In any case, I don’t want a farm expansion/pack/stuff in any way shape or form. I want something that allows the Sims to have more hands on interactions. Holding hands while walking, dancing while holding on to each other, laying in bed together - awake and visible, kids playing tag, or ring around the rosy, or London Bridge. Kids playing “patty cake” type games - but the more complicated ones that grade schoolers play.

I guess a University or school related expansion would have the ability to include those new types of interactions, they would all make sense with college kids and school aged kids.

I have no idea how that happened... :flushed::lol:
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I think it'll be something to do with vehicles, because Summer road trips! It'll probably called Get Going, because it's the Sims 4 and they seem to like using Get in their Expansion Pack names. So, a new world, lot type(s) (car dealership and mechanics shop), lots and LOTS of vehicles you can drive, Mechanics skill, Mechanic and Car Salesmen careers (Car Salesman should have two branches: Used and New, while Mechanic should active), lots of CAS and Build/Buy objects, and a very disappointed LGR.

I'd love to get a pack like this. I'll take cars anyway I can get them.

yes so would I
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Mogan99Mogan99 Posts: 2 New Member
    I hope they add a university pack again. Was my favorite part about the sims3. Also, I miss the horses in the Sims3 so a farm pack would be cool. I really though miss the beaches too.
  • Options
    mmackin001mmackin001 Posts: 33 Member
    Oh, how I would LOVE to see a University EP! That adds such a great aspect to the game.
  • Options
    iBrowiBrow Posts: 42 Member
    Um I just opened my game to play and you know that generic sims music that plays? Yeah, mine sounded slowed down with a reggae beat - hint of a tropical pack??
  • Options
    iBrow wrote: »
    Um I just opened my game to play and you know that generic sims music that plays? Yeah, mine sounded slowed down with a reggae beat - hint of a tropical pack??
    Correct!
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Tbh It could be any EP theme at this point but hoping for some kind of Uni or Supernatural pack but who knows
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,452 Member
    edited May 2019

Are you Serious? Maybe it came with the April Patch. That's a strong hint.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

They’re almost certainly just talking about the remixed main theme from either Seasons or Get Famous, i.e. old news and definitely not a hint.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    elelunicy wrote: »

They’re almost certainly just talking about the remixed main theme from either Seasons or Get Famous, i.e. old news and definitely not a hint.

That's too bad. I was hoping. I haven't been in my game in a while on the Pc so I thought it might have been added in the patch.
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    If it's not university, many many people will be mad!
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

But what's new? lol.

People are hyping themselves up, not EA's fault.

There are no hints or indications about the theme of the next pack. People just assume it is going to be University but it might as well be something completely different.
  • Options

I doubt it. A lot of people are hoping for an Island Paradise type of pack as well. I think Uni will come in the Fall.
  • Options
    aiexaiex Posts: 103 Member
    Hopefully whatever the next pack is, it's something that at least some people have been requesting. I get that they like trying new things, but we're missing a lot of normal content that we need to make this game complete. It'd be a shame if they released something that not a lot of people requested.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2019
    I really hope we get a romance pack next à la Hot Date or Nightlife because we really need it.

It's been 5 years and we haven't gotten a single update to romance in this game, with no new wedding arches since the BG, no new underwear since the Woohoo challenge/update (4 years ago), no new wedding clothing since the BG, no attraction/chemistry system, no honey moons, no bachelor parties, zip. The blind dates in GF were not nearly enough, especially when the sims in this game are the most uninteresting, they all are alike.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    aiex wrote: »
    Hopefully whatever the next pack is, it's something that at least some people have been requesting. I get that they like trying new things, but we're missing a lot of normal content that we need to make this game complete. It'd be a shame if they released something that not a lot of people requested.

They have Ideas of themselves and want to try them out. I don't say you are wrong and they shouldn't do any packs that are popular requests. I absolutely think they should. But if they can't bring their own ideas and have to just follow the popular demands, there's very little room for creativity, which might be a major reason why many of them do those jobs. They tell us that they are passionate about the game and want to make it the best they can. That may very well be just marketing and PR talk with no truth behind it, which I find very likely.

But let's just assume for a moment they're being honest with us, and the only reason Sims 4 isn't the best thing ever is that they don't have the money to make it the best thing ever.
    Just doing requests without implementing their own ideas would tire the devs over time, draining their passion for the game, making their Job they initially loved a boring chore they get paid for. In the end, they'd go to an office to work on a game they've grown to hate, and never even consider touching any Sims game in their free time and choose to go for a walk with the neighbor's dog or play Skyrim instead.
  • Options
    Iguess66Iguess66 Posts: 115 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I really hope we get a romance pack next à la Hot Date or Nightlife because we really need it.

It's been 5 years and we haven't gotten a single update to romance in this game, with no new wedding arches since the BG, no new underwear since the Woohoo challenge/update (4 years ago), no new wedding clothing since the BG, no attraction/chemistry system, no honey moons, no bachelor parties, zip. The blind dates in GF were not nearly enough, especially when the sims in this game are the most uninteresting, they all are alike.

I'd love a chemistry/attraction system. A romance EP/GP would be great IF they add those things.
  • Options
    Iguess66 wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I'd love a chemistry/attraction system. A romance EP/GP would be great IF they add those things.
    Well y'all, I was thinking about Wedding Day Stuff, that way R&B and slow dancing will be back.
  • Options
    KortneylynnKortneylynn Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm not sure how to attach an image. But, to add on to the speculation of an expansion pack coming in June, I'm betting June 26.
    If you go through the posters that came with the Get Famous expansion, there is one poster called "Alchone Desparados Poster"
    In the recolors for this poster, if you pick the 'pink and black' recolor, there is a poster with the numbers 6.26

This is the only time I've ever seem any numbers in game that weren't cc. Usually everything is in Simlish.
    Maybe this is a hint??
  • Options
    I'm not sure how to attach an image. But, to add on to the speculation of an expansion pack coming in June, I'm betting June 26.
    If you go through the posters that came with the Get Famous expansion, there is one poster called "Alchone Desparados Poster"
    In the recolors for this poster, if you pick the 'pink and black' recolor, there is a poster with the numbers 6.26

This is the only time I've ever seem any numbers in game that weren't cc. Usually everything is in Simlish.
    Maybe this is a hint??

Yep I'd say it's a hint but I'd rather it come out earlier in June but that does sound about right.
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    edited May 2019

Maybe this is a hint??

Here's your tweet just in case someone needs context:

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2019
    26th of June is a Wednesday. I don't think we get packs on Wednesdays.

Also, while letters are in Simlish in game, numbers are always either Roman (I, II, X etc) or Arabic (0-9) numerals.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

They have Ideas of themselves and want to try them out. I don't say you are wrong and they shouldn't do any packs that are popular requests. I absolutely think they should. But if they can't bring their own ideas and have to just follow the popular demands, there's very little room for creativity, which might be a major reason why many of them do those jobs. They tell us that they are passionate about the game and want to make it the best they can. That may very well be just marketing and PR talk with no truth behind it, which I find very likely.

But let's just assume for a moment they're being honest with us, and the only reason Sims 4 isn't the best thing ever is that they don't have the money to make it the best thing ever.
    Just doing requests without implementing their own ideas would tire the devs over time, draining their passion for the game, making their Job they initially loved a boring chore they get paid for. In the end, they'd go to an office to work on a game they've grown to hate, and never even consider touching any Sims game in their free time and choose to go for a walk with the neighbor's dog or play Skyrim instead.

I don’t think anything that innovative has been added to Sims 4, and I think a lot of the game’s features are lackluster. They have almost always put their own spin on whatever they release so it’s not like these lackluster features are truly being tailored to the requests from players. I think they have a lot of creative freedom, and IMO they have made some really bad decisions for this game. If they delivered on what was requested in some areas, there would be more room for them to implement new ideas. But when they shoehorn both together you get something that doesn’t always cut it for everyone. Balance is needed. Hopefully the new sr producer will improve the decision making process for this game.
  • Options

I don’t think anything that innovative has been added to Sims 4, and I think a lot of the game’s features are lackluster. They have almost always put their own spin on whatever they release so it’s not like these lackluster features are truly being tailored to the requests from players. I think they have a lot of creative freedom, and IMO they have made some really bad decisions for this game. If they delivered on what was requested in some areas, there would be more room for them to implement new ideas. But when they shoehorn both together you get something that doesn’t always cut it for everyone. Balance is needed. Hopefully the new sr producer will improve the decision making process for this game.

I was responding to a comment I interpreted meaning (Perhaps because of my bad English) that the Devs should cater to player requests and player requests only. And while I feel that some groups within the player community, me included, were on the short end so far, so far only having one or two packs dedicated to our needs, with bits and pieces of small content for us sprinkled in other packs and the base game like easter eggs for us to find and put together, and the community could use some more attention as a whole, I feel like the Sims team should retain some healthy amount of creative freedom for the reasons I mentioned.
    I really hope my English is good enough that I can get that across correctly.
    Just to give some context.