Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Male Sims NEVER stand while using toilet...

Hey Simmers! I feel like this is a weird complaint but I've noticed that my male Sims NEVER stand when going to the washroom no matter how high or low their bladder need it. Has anyone else noticed this? I don't know why it bothers me so much but is there a way to fix it?

Only on The Sims forums are posts like this the norm... haha

Comments

• Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited April 2019
    It always depends on the level of their bladder need for me. Even boys (child). -shrug-
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I think I've seen it happen only once in my game. :D
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I think they stand as long as their bladder need is still in the green. But I can't be sure, I haven't played in a while.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    I think they stand as long as their bladder need is still in the green. But I can't be sure, I haven't played in a while.

It's just a weird observation but why would your Sim use the restroom if their need is in the green. I don't know why this bothers me so much haha
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    As long as there's no real urgency, my male Sim stands. You could always try to 'repair' your game, just in case.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    Make sure that option is not marked in CAS. I downloaded a male sim once where that was the case. Also if you play with CC or mods there could be a conflict with that interaction or object.
    2ynjgg8.png
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited April 2019
    Yeah, my male Sims rarely ever stand when they use the restroom. :/ If it depends on the need level, I just don't see why it should. I wouldn't mind if males sit occasionally, but for the majority of the times they go, they should be standing. Hope they edit this in an update.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Maybe it's because sims tend to eat more than they drink so naturally they're more inclined to go number two than uno. . .
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    They only stand when their bladder need is still In the green I think.

Female sims are lucky, at least they never have to deal with toilet seats constantly left up 😂
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited April 2019
    Yes they do it depends on their bladder level.
    Dianesims wrote: »
    They only stand when their bladder need is still In the green I think.

Female sims are lucky, at least they never have to deal with toilet seats constantly left up 😂
    Though they have to worry about the male sim peeing on the seat. :joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Same, I don't like it.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Corenren wrote: »
    Make sure that option is not marked in CAS. I downloaded a male sim once where that was the case. Also if you play with CC or mods there could be a conflict with that interaction or object.

That was my first thought to check and it was set properly.

It's just a weird observation and now it's driving me crazy! haha
  • Options
    MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    If your bladder level is relatively high, it means you only need to pee, but if your bladder level hit red area, it means water is not the only thing that you hold...
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I would refer to see men Sims stand to pee more often myself regardless of bladder level ^^
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Can’t say I pay too much attention to how my Sims use the bathroom. :D But I’ve seen these types of threads a lot. From what I’ve gathered, it’s just a matter of how low their bladder need is, as some others here have noted too.
    I’m not sure if it’s a bug or if that’s just how it’s designed (it makes sense to me if that’s how it’s designed), but if it is a bug, maybe they’ll fix it someday. Personally, I hope to see bigger, more game-breaking bugs be fixed beforehand, though. :#
  • Options
    bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    MrSunshine wrote: »
    If your bladder level is relatively high, it means you only need to pee, but if your bladder level hit red area, it means water is not the only thing that you hold...

It's already ridiculous having males always sit down when the bladder level is red (when males need to go to the bathroom asap, it does not always mean they need to poop!) but apparently that's not even the case. I just tested it and it seems that as soon as the bladder level is anywhere near half full, then males will sit down, even if it's still GREEN. And since we barely send sims to the bathroom when their need is less than half full, it means males will always sit down. Again, ridiculous.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I had to use mods for male sims to pee standing when his bladder is not yet close to red.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I hope at some point it just gets relooked at as just a quality of life minor fix. I also would like to say it's funny that there is a "urinal" icon but there are no urinals in TS4 lol
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    let them poop in peace!
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I've just seen a child sim 🐸🐸🐸🐸 standing up. He was in a confident mood.
  • Options
    SimKeatsSimKeats Posts: 2,186 Member
    Yeah, just have your sims become confident (brush teeth or psyche self up in mirror) and have them uh, P Like a Champ.
  • Options
    I wasn't prepared for so many responses to this! haha

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that's noticed this and would like to see it quick fixed.