Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dear SimGurus, why do these doors ONLY have a single white color?

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
edited March 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Something that has been bothering me since 2 years is that the doors on the left side only have ONE white color, while the other ones on the right have various color swatches.
ksz5xFy.png
@SimGuruGraham @SimGuruGrant @SimGuruKate
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    That's a good question...
    I've always wondered why they don't have the same color swatches. I know there's some custom content that gives adds the missing swatches, but it would be nice if the mod wasn't needed though.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I wouldn't even call the swatch a white color but a sort of grayish color, if they add new swatches they could at least add an actual white tone.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    I think we'll be seeing some new swatches in a future patch.

Hopefully new door swatches will be included.
    The developers are aware.

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I wouldn't even call the swatch a white color but a sort of grayish color, if they add new swatches they could at least add an actual white tone.

Yes like the victorian ítems in Strangerville, they’re white not grey-ish!!

• Options
    angelicsamuraiangelicsamurai Posts: 41 Member
    I think they're only available in 1 colour as they're classed as the cheap starter doors... If you've ever been to a DIY shop and looked at the cheap options for doors, they're normally only available in 1 colour as making them in any other colour will cost the manufacturer more to mix the dyes and cover the doors in seperate colours... I've worked in a few larger stores and that's the official reason when we get asked about it.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I think we'll be seeing some new swatches in a future patch.

Hopefully new door swatches will be included.
    The developers are aware.

I hope, this door really needs black & white. I hope they'll add swatches on other items tho.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I think they're only available in 1 colour as they're classed as the cheap starter doors... If you've ever been to a DIY shop and looked at the cheap options for doors, they're normally only available in 1 colour as making them in any other colour will cost the manufacturer more to mix the dyes and cover the doors in seperate colours... I've worked in a few larger stores and that's the official reason when we get asked about it.

Nope, most of the white ones on the left are even more expensive than the other ones on the right.

An they all share the same "basic" texture, but some of them only have one white color.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    I hope they add color swatches to these plain white doors on the left
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,430 Member
    They're racist doors.

I wouldn't say that, but it's honestly annoying, why do the other doors have all these colors but not the left ones?
    How'd you miss the joke? Askin' the real questions here.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Lazy programming. The same can be said for many of the windows.
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member

This! We never had anything that is pure white in colour EA! matching colour in this game is almost impossible to do, very frustrating!

The Sims Game
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    The white doors irritate me, because they're not just white - they always have some bizarre frame colour that doesn't match anything. And then, there's the 'mega' doors, which only come in three shades. Since I bought JA and Strangerville, I'm finding that I'm using doors and windows from those packs a lot, just because I can get them to match.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    They should really fix this...
    BTW...
    XLQr6l.gif
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Where did you get a color wheel ?
    BTW...
    XLQr6l.gif

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member

So true, their white isn't white.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    BTW...
    XLQr6l.gif

That’s not real
  • Options
    LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    BTW...
    XLQr6l.gif

This would have been more acceptable! A simple color wheel would have been fine. The problem in TS3 was the amount of textures. We don't care about textures, a simple color wheel like that with simple colors is what should have been done in the first place.
  • Options
    HyunHeeHyunHee Posts: 390 Member
    edited April 2019
    omg I thought there for a second it was lmao. The game desperately needs one. :(
    2vc864m.jpg

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    BTW...
    XLQr6l.gif

That’s not real

Wait...is it a mod then? How are they doing that?
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Like James said, minimum 5 colors per object.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    BTW...
    XLQr6l.gif

That’s not real

Wait...is it a mod then? How are they doing that?

Nope. I’m assuming they took a screenshot of the game and then photoshopped it. If a mod like this existed I think we would know about it.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    I just wish we had a basic color wheel at this point...we'll always have color requests.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I've complained about this two years ago and no one cared......smh.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    JADETIGERJADETIGER Posts: 23 Member
    Yesterday I went to use the “yes siree door” for the large window in it, but that one shade of white clashed horribly with the other door and windows I was using in my build. As soon as I saw only one color - the picture in the first post here popped in my head and all I could think of was that - yep, it is very annoying to only have one option!
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    What I don't get is why, since as we saw with the victorian items in Strangerville, they can make a real white color.
    catitude5 wrote: »

So true, their white isn't white.