Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have a Simself?

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    No
    I just had a snicker. lol

When I said it would be boring to play me, it just occurred to me that it is because I do exactly what we complain about our sims doing all the time!

Head to the computer. So that's a little bit of irony and parody on rl right there. It's a chuckle.

So don't get mad when your sims are addicted to their computer when we all are too! :D
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Yes
    I voted yes, but I should say that I only played with her a short while until it felt too creepy and I deleted her from the game. She might still be in my gallery somewhere.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    No
    I've tried making myself a few times, but I'm never satisfied with the result.
  • Options
    Rachie_rabbitRachie_rabbit Posts: 26 Member
    No
    I don't know if I could make a version of me, not to good with building features but would be interesting lol
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    No
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I just had a snicker. lol

When I said it would be boring to play me, it just occurred to me that it is because I do exactly what we complain about our sims doing all the time!

Head to the computer. So that's a little bit of irony and parody on rl right there. It's a chuckle.

So don't get mad when your sims are addicted to their computer when we all are too! :D

LOL I thought about that too.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    No
    I did briefly, but I found it really unnerving to see me, yet not me in a video game so I culled her :D .
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Yes
    I have one but I never play her, and I don’t even usually place her. She’s probably not very accurate either. Also she’s a vampire for some reason.
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    No
    I don't have a Sim Self in TS4 but I did have one in TS1.
  • Options
    DarkAngel1994DarkAngel1994 Posts: 771 Member
    Yes
    I played with her a couple of times (she's the one in red in my avatar pic) when I first got TS4 and for trying out the Strangerville pack, and now I only add her in the game as a NPC while playing my main family. Haven't got any notifications from MCC about her lately.
    pw0213q.png?1
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes
    My avatar is my Simself, from Sims 2. I didn't play her for long and it was probably 10 years ago... My hair is actually blond/blue at the moment. I've considered making a new one, but eh, I kinda like having one so old.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    BrexoxoBrexoxo Posts: 228 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes
    Yes. l have like 5 versions of my simself saved in my library lol :D . I always use my simself whenever a new pack comes out becasue l like to start fresh. My avatar is actually my simself's baby. Isn't she cute? <3
  • Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    No
    I have never created my simself, although I have considered it in the past to live out some fangirl fantasies. :DPersonally I prefer to create character sims and stories, although I suppose there is a little of myself in every character I create.
    Same here. I tried doing a Sims 3 version and it was just .... creepy. :lol:

• Options
    christylee1989christylee1989 Posts: 9 New Member
    No
    i would eventually love to make a simself, but i have to get better at CAS first
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    Yes
    I created a simself along with my dog. I got married and had three kids. Then, my dog died. If I did it again I would not re-create my pets.
    HSau :)
  • Options
    SimmermartySimmermarty Posts: 44 Member
    Yes
    My simself is an elder in my current game and he has great-grandkids. My profile picture is him.
  • Options
    SimmermartySimmermarty Posts: 44 Member
    Yes
    Cogshell wrote: »
    My simself is my profile picture, she just recently died of old age :(

I looked at your family tree. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw your sim self had a child with Santa Claus.
  • Options
    Smoky1967Smoky1967 Posts: 41 Member
    Yes
    When Strangerville came out my friend and I got it and I stayed at her house for the weekend so we could play one game of sims together. We both created our own simselves then joined households to move into town and solve the mystery. So now that I have her, she is off camping for some much needed R&R lol
  • Options
    SimmingAspieSimmingAspie Posts: 25 Member
    Yes
    I created my Simself for a playthrough of what I hope my life will be like. I supported myself as a painter, then adopted three daughters and raised them by myself and they all turned out to be the best daughters anyone could wish for!

Just hoping real life measures up now XD
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Yes
    I do. There's two actually. One that's a random mishmash of what I actually look like and what I wish I look like (ah, to have a small button nose), plus with the cheese hair, because at the time, I decided that was the closer of the two to my natural hair color between that and the lighter of the two reds. And then the newer one, I put in more of an effort to try and make her look like me. That being said, I don't know if it's because of my own lack of skill or the lack of options in the game, but I feel like she just barely looks like me and I don't really think of her as a simself.

Also, for some reason, I renamed her husband (someone else's Markiplier sim that I modified a bit) after my cat and I'm not really sure what made me think like that was a good idea and didn't make me seem completely insane. :joy: But they make hecka cute kids and I like to put them in the Dream house I built and make them have as many babies as possible.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,996 Member
    Yes
    Yes, she was the first sim I made. She doesn’t really look that much like me, but, I didn’t really know much about CAS when I made her. In past games I have made several family members, but in this game only my simself, no other relatives. She has never had a formal job in the sims 4, but makes money all kinds of other ways. I play rotationally.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I haven't played with her much (and only in games where ageing is turned off - couldn't bear to see me die.) She is not an accurate representation of how I am now but I think she is pretty close to the late teen / young adult me. It feels less creepy then to have a little current me running around. I like the idea of her being a background character in my other sims lives and may place her as an unplayed household now I have read this thread.
  • Options
    LucentlyAwesomeLucentlyAwesome Posts: 16 Member
    Yes
    I made one as soon as I downloaded a bunch of cc!
  • Options
    LucentlyAwesomeLucentlyAwesome Posts: 16 Member
    Yes
    For those of you who don't know what a simself is:
    A simself is a sim that you create in CAS to look like you!
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited March 2019
    Yes
    Yeah, but I don't really play as them for more than one or two simdays at once. They're not really my main sim. Also, they never look quite exactly like me, so there's that too. They don't act perfectly like myself either. So it doesn't really feel right to play a sim that is basically an incredibly imperfect clone of myself.
    (also, they pronouns are not yet a thing in the game, so i'd have to sit through the game misgendering me all the time as well hahahhh)

Instead I just have them living in the world, available for my sims to meet up with. When I want to, that is.

Not to mention there's already a little bit of myself in all of my characters, and that's just a lot more satisfying and interesting to me than just watching my own clone run around.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    GamerGirl1305GamerGirl1305 Posts: 3 New Member
    Yes
    I constantly make my Simself, and play with her daily, but usually make new original sims considering the game is to "play with life" 😃