May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you have a Simself?

Comments

• Options
    xeno_genesisxeno_genesis Posts: 56 Member
    No
    If I could have a write-in option, I would've voted "Kind Of." I've made sims of myself, my partner, and my friends, but I never feel comfortable playing them.

But I know a lot of the sims I create have elements of myself, or things that I wish I had/looked like incorporated into them. I know some of them are "idealized" me, if that makes sense.
  • Options
    HeiwieeHeiwiee Posts: 21 Member
    No
    I never did it, but would love to. I'm more in creating celebrities !
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    No
    No. lol, I would feel like I was living a lie if I did that. And it would be very, very, very boring to play me.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    No
    No. My daughter designed me and her, but I've never played it and she made it not me so it's not really my sim self. I helped her with the controls because she's very young oh, but the design work was completely on her own and it was her idea haha! Personally I feel really weird about playing myself and again. So I just never do it
  • Options
    SimSweetySimSweety Posts: 73 Member
    Yes
    Yes. I don’t play that save much though
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,894 Member
    No
    I tried to make one once, to see what I could look like if I was slim :D It wasn't very accurate though, I couldn't find a hair long enough in the game.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Yes
    Sure. I, like many others, made a simself when playing around the CAS back at release. I don't play with him, but he's there in my library.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,475 Member
    Yes
    SunStone02 wrote: »

Yes on both the PC and Console. I talked SimGuruLegacy into getting my Simself into the console version to our libraries.
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    No
    I have never created my simself, although I have considered it in the past to live out some fangirl fantasies. :D Personally I prefer to create character sims and stories, although I suppose there is a little of myself in every character I create.

Yes, this. I wouldn’t ever play out fantasies because I don’t have any but there is definitely a little bit of me in every character I play because every real-life person is very complicated it would only make sense to express those feeling in each sim. I feel like I do it anyways even when I’m not trying though as they all end up similar to me in the end.
  • Options
    XDSelenaPotterXDSelenaPotter Posts: 66 Member
    Yes
    I did it in the sims 4 only I never use it. I did it in sims 3 and played a lot with it. :#
    f291cda2.gif
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    No
    I've been playing since TS1 and have never made a simself. Just could never do it.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    VodkaVodka Posts: 25 Member
    No
    No, I personally find it a little weird/very uncomfortable to build sims that are like me or anyone I've ever known and play them.
  • Options
    RadioAChickenRadioAChicken Posts: 163 Member
    No
    Not in TS4. I've made one in the past, in TS2 and it was funny seeing myself turn up on community lots but it was just too weird playing with the actual Sim so I've not made one in the newer games.
    iscQh5U.png
  • Options
    hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I made my simself, and made my house, but never played with my simself as I think that would be weird.
  • Options
    seaprincesshipstseaprincesshipst Posts: 19 Member
    Yes
    lol for some reason I have an interesting history of making sims of myself with friends and current dating interests in real life. I'm slightly embarrassed, but it's true.
  • Options
    simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    Yes
    I didn't used to have one. Found it creepy and could never get it right. Then I started making over some of the Strangerville sims and with my custom default skin and eyes I found that Leslie Holland from the Eclectic Arts household is apparently my doppelganger and with nothing else but a hair cut and some freckles became my simself. I'm trying it out as an avatar out of sheer amazement, but I'm guessing the creep factor will creep back in at some point. I don't intend to ever play my simself or have it in world.
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • Options
    SvelnekaileSvelnekaile Posts: 5 New Member
    Yes
    I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't feel weird about it?, but Yes I do have a sim self, who i do play quite regularly, normally just throw her in random situations, create different story lines, exploring etc. I have even created my family on there, my sim self was born and grew her up to a young adult (which is what I am now in real life) But now I turned her aging off, and see her around the world while I am playing another random family. Don't get me wrong, she looks and acts nothing like me in real life, but hey ho... Me and this sim has gone through so many story lines and memories, that It would be a shame to give up on her :#
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 970 Member
    Yes
    Definitely. In The Sims 2, 3, and now 4, I've used a sim-self (with a couple of friends) to explore the game. With the Sims 4 I've actually used different saves to explore different packs. In the Sims 2 I was actually attached to "my" family, but in the sims 4 I've created so many mini-mes that I only remember the first. They became my de facto Legacy family, which i played to gen 15 or so before moving on to my "neo-Pleasantview".
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yes
    I do have a simself actually. When I first got the sims I played my whole family, but I never used her again. It also wasn't a very accurate depiction of me. She isn't on the gallery or in my personal library.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    zefronzefron Posts: 157 Member
    edited March 2019
    No
    I don't have a simself because I feel weird about it, but I do have several sims that have features similar to mine.
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • Options
    SunStone02SunStone02 Posts: 107 Member
    Yes
    Thank you for all the comments! :)
    ~SunStone~ <3
    A Sims 4 player and fan!
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    No
    It is just too weird to play myself. I have been playing since sims 1 and I have never added myself to the game...LOL

I like to keep the real world in the real world and my fake world in the fake world.
  • Options
    VanderhootVanderhoot Posts: 192 Member
    Yes
    I made one awhile back, and as others said, it was too weird. I edited him to not look so much like me, and changed the last name so he is an NPC not in world. However my avatar Sim in someways is a Simself. There are likenesses and differences, I guess he is my alter-ego or who I would like to be in some ways. My Sasha Fierce if you will....but I'm sure we all do that with our Sims. :wink:
    7He4osW.png?1
    Check out my 1920s homes on the gallery: Vanderhoot13
  • Options
    RedSabrinaRedSabrina Posts: 7 New Member
    Yes
    I do, I almost only play her but I made my family as well :p
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Yes
    I do, but I don't play him that often. I actually find it weird to play male sims most of the time, unless it's my simself. I don't know what that says about me. Probably something very mundane.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io