Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Happy Play Thread :)

Comments

• Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,106 Member
    @KellyWhovian Yay kitties and babies! Bet Joel will be a cutie when he gets big. :)
    @miloek Love the pic of the kitty fighting the pan! Bet the kitty wins. ;)
    @simwolf Aww, too bad about the wedding, but those things happen. Maybe she'll be happier this way.

So my Cravens are still broke as a joke, but we did get enough satisfaction for a money tree, so that shall help. They still barely have the needed items, never mind anything fun. Adam is at level 4 in the Astronaut career, which I swear is one of the slowest for promotions ever! Eve spends her days toddler wrangling, gardening, writing/painting, and collecting. I am very slowly filling up their empty house, it's seriously at a snail's pace! Like one object a paycheck lol. Toddler Adelaide has almost maxed all her skills and will be aging up soon. Just in time to welcome a nooboo, as Eve is currently in her first trimester. I try to time it so I only have one toddler at a time, barring multiples. Hopefully, the next one is a boy, so that they have their heir (only boys inherit). I think that's about it, other than the fact that all my sims need to get out more - I love keeping them at home a wee bit too much lol.
  • Options
    KellyWhovianKellyWhovian Posts: 177 Member
    @miloek The kitty is so cute! Also your sims' home is so nicely decorated I'm jealous lol
    @simwolf Ahh your stories are so great! I feel some drama brewing in the near future?
    @WildIrishBanshee I love the challenge of having a male inherit. Sounds like your sims are finally making their way to some wealth!
    OCfjPQ0.png
    Brenden's been working hard in his career so he felt it was time to take the weekend to go on some dates.
    AlRO8KT.png
    He spent his time with Evelyn, but he's not sure how this relationship will work out. She's quite the opposite from him as far as personality goes, but maybe that's the best for him.
    9RHnbXI.png
    At Adrian's home he came across Mr. Whiskers again, now sick with some hot feet :(
    The kitty doesn't seem to want adoption at the moment so Adrian is just hoping for the best.
    X7ZKbZX.png
    As a wedding gift Adrian's parents gifted the couple a bit of extra money, allowing Liberty to open a small vet clinic.
    They're hoping this will be able to support their small family in the long run.
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.simsnetwork.com%2Fsites%2Fsimsnetwork.com%2Ffiles%2Fnews%2F2011%2F20111008-pets-anim-3.gif&f=1
    Origin ID: kellywhovian

• Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    @miloek Son is looking gorgeous and OMG the cat. XD

@simwolf Man That's a roller coaster of emotion. I guess if it doesn't feel right, you definitely shouldn't go for it.

@WildIrishBanshee The way I filled a house was with the woodtable. Not just selling knick-knacks, but I made my own table and chairs. Really came in handy.

@KellyWhovian Well, Mr Whiskers is also the town mayor so showing him cuddles usually works...lol
    Before Sunny was going to be fitted with a new outfit for going out to dinner, she had to go to work first.

2Rt7xe9

Downstairs after breakfast, Misty and Sean were in the lounge room, Misty spoiling Skampers as usual.

"Yes, who's a good boy, huh? Whose mummy's widdle kitty-witty?"

"Mrrrr..."

2QQ8s37

Upstairs, Sunny was working on a soundtrack for an upcoming film. Her family being of high prestige-and money-Sunny was able to get technology way more upgraded than what one could even find at the local libraries.

2CoNseU

"I wonder if this needs some lyrics...I could do it myself, but it would be nice to get some better vocals than my own."

2Fu9O2A

After finishing another track, Sunny got a message from Izzy Fabulous.

"Your mom wants you out here for another fitting."

Sunny sighed.

"I guess I have been working for a while. Time to entertain her."

2MdZNXz

Sunny's office was connected to the fitting room, so she could simply step out. Once in the fitting room, Misty told her to change into a summer outfit so Izzy could change it up for the evening, just in case it was too hot for formal wear.

2TPSnfO

"You'd better do a good job, Izzy," said Misty, Izzy biting his lip.

"Of course, Miss Day..."

Sunny simply stood, although sighing in her mind.

2Me37C1

After creating a new outfit, Misty saw Sunny in the mirror.

"Good job, Izzy. I'll be sure to pay you before you leave."

"Thank you, Miss Day."

2RNVjw7

Misty waved him good-bye.

"I think he did a good job," said Sunny.

"Maybe," said Misty. "But I think I could do better."

Sunny raised a brow.

"Mom...Izzy's a stylist..."

"Oh hush, dearie and get on the dais."

2HbOfpe

Sunny sighed, deciding to entertain her mother.

Misty took out a measuring tape.

"Tsktsk..." she said. "Izzy may be a stylist, but he really can't find anything to get the shape of your back. Hang on. I'll see what we have..."

2MbjGyE

Downstairs, Sean was cleaning up the water mess from his time in the pool.

2MayQUN

Back upstairs, Sunny was looking over her mother's first outfit choice.

"Well...The dress is nice...but the gloves..."

"Oh I know I know," said Misty. "They're too heavy for the outfit. Let's try something from the Vatore Collection."

2SWNUIa

Sunny cheered up a bit more with her mother's second choice.

"Aside from colors, this looks nice!"

"Mhm..."said Misty. "It isn't...Summery...Let me pull from the Myshuno Fashions..."

2RN8YDS

After slipping into her mother's final choice of outfit, Sunny felt tired and a bit embarrassed.

"Mom...I truly think I'll just stick with Izzy's original design."

"Oh? And what's wrong with mine?"

"It's just...You're not great a coordinating as well as he can."

"You're saying after all my years of acting and wearing all sorts of costumes, I can't put together outfits?" Misty said, wide-eyed and what seemed to be in a hurt tone.

2FqG7iZ

"I'm sorry Mom," said Sunny, with a downtrodden look, "But if you insist on me wearing new outfits...I just trust Izzy's judgement more."

"That's fine," said Misty, inhaling through her nose. "You get back to whatever you were doing. I need to see what's going on downstairs."

2SYv3wC

Downstairs, Sean was cuddling Skampers.

"I never realized how soft Miss Misty keeps your fur," he said, Skampers purring contently.

2stXJBN

"Sean!" Misty called, Sean placing the cat on the floor.

"Sorry, kitty. Miss Misty calls."

2FEFUYq

Back upstairs, Sunny was in her room, trying to read to get her mind off having to tell her mother the truth.

"I just wish she didn't try to take over everything sometimes," she said to herself, thinking.

2FtBYdR

Just then, Sunny got an idea.

"I know what to do this afternoon. And I don't even need to get Izzy!"
    Next post, Sunny goes out for the afternoon.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    @LosaruTaiyo That's an idea - I usually just sell everything someone makes on the table. Sunny looks like she's settling in quite well, and frankly, I'd trust Izzy's judgment more too!

Still playing the Craven's, who have both been abducted, throwing a wrench into my nicely timed family. For one thing, they both had babies, for another, they don't count in the line of succession. And now I have to wait a good while before hopefully getting the boy they need to pass down heirship too. Eve had a boy named Astro, and Adam had a girl named Andromeda. At least I got the alien bassinette out of it! The two new babies have two older sisters, Adelaide who is a child now, and Arlene who is a toddler. Goodness, I hope this family doesn't have many more babies, there just isn't enough room for them all to spread out! One huge downside to S4 is the lack of space, that's for sure. Otherwise, they have been making friends, doing family stuff and occasionally getting some fame - Eve is a one-star celeb, while Adam is a two-star for the moment. Gods I need a Sim Tracker for S4 lol, someone make it, please?! So, that's what has been going on in my game currently, nothing too exciting except the double abduction! My first abduction period lol.
  • Options
    miloekmiloek Posts: 451 Member
    @simwolf I like how all 3 of the Berry kids ended up blonde?? when neither of their parents are blonde??
    @KellyWhovian Haha thank you!! & don't mind me, I'll just be over here crying because Liberty is so cute
    @WildIrishBanshee 2 abductions + 2 pregnancies,, oh boy,, that's rough buddy
    @LosaruTaiyo Sunny is a fashion icon lol

I think I got Thea's save working again?? but have yet to play with my girls again cause I was afraid to touch their save and risk breaking it again lmao
    Aaand I have a single image because I am also afraid to touch Bee & Emet's save,, because every time Bee goes to work, she takes my impulse control with her
    Emet is Afraid and considering hiding his new pup in his room to save himself from Bee's wrath
    7Eq0HMY.png
    giphy.gif
    Origin ID: f0xxes
  • Options
    @miloek Yeah definitely messed up the timeline! On the plus side, they only had one each. He does look kinda frightened, hope Bee doesn't give him too much of a hard time!

Adam and Eve had their abduction babies - Andromeda (girl) for Adam and Astro (boy) for Eve. Unfortunately, Astro doesn't have a spot in the line of succession, he's just a spare. Which means Adam and Eve need to keep trying for a boy, all in good time though! Already have three toddlers, don't need anymore lol. I sent Adam and Eve off to Salvadorada to explore the jungle and work on some aspiration stuff- they had a good time, even though it took THREE days to get supplies. Plus it was a nice break from the tots. Of course, I come home to some seriously ticked off children - maybe next time I'll hire a nanny BEFORE I go on vacation, rather than trusting the game's automatic one. I'll get them straightened out though. Got through the Temple of Abundance, then sent them home. And I have the supplies they didn't use for the next trip! If there ever is a next one lol.

And that's where I'm at now. Fun times.
  • Options
    simwolfsimwolf Posts: 323 Member
    edited January 2019
    @miloek It is weird, Theo was going to end up with blonde hair later as he's the yellow generation, but usually I 'dye' their hair as teens. These guys were all born blonde, though i did change Theo's style as he had a long curly ponytail when he aged up to toddler :D In another save a while ago I had 2 very pale parents who both have black hair and their daughter was born with extremely dark skin and red hair! I had to go into CAS to see if it was an errant skin overlay, but no... it was the skin tone. Also - good to hear you might have recovered Thea!

@LosaruTaiyo I like a good rollercoaster now and then lol. This one was a lot of fun. Poor Sunny :D Her mother is certainly a handful.

Although I haven't been sharing pics from this save, I thought I'd post a brief update as to what Supersim Mandy's final heir has been up to. She's a Freelance Photographer and I've been doing the Photography Collections Challenge with her which has been awesome. She met her husband whilst taking pics of windows :D and now they have just had their first child who I had to share as I think she is just about the cutest toddler my game has ever given me. I added lashes, but otherwise she's as she aged up. This is Florence.
    1545641fcbcfa7824ecdd34cac302c12.jpg

I've been a bit slow in remembering to take pictures this week as my play has been quite 'interrupted' with real life stuff, but I will be grabbing some today for the NSB household where Theo is now a teen and Jill and Will (I know - I couldn't resist) are children, and there's a new baby on the way. Barrett has moved in to help so that Rose can concentrate on her political career. He brought his cat!
    The Simwolf - happily simming since 2000
    My Sims, Saves and Challenges

Gallery: simwolf79 Twitter: @SimwolfSims
  • Options
    @WildIrishBanshee tbh Bee will probably see the lil pup in his teddy bear onsie and forget she was ever upset. rip Adam & Eve, coming home to angry kids must have been,, super great,,
    @simwolf Oh boy,, Florence is cute as heck

My girls!! They live!!
    CLVxhGV.png
    9mtpzFX.png

My sweet son,,
    juxsMKA.png

...missed you too, Tucker
    ekUKvOD.png

Monster & Tucker are best buddies and it's. very distracting
    8rvJm8e.png

Thea, the morning of her wedding: i think im in shock
    yKTcmHJ.png

Cara: it's my wedding day u cant hurt me
    yCZ0N97.png

Tucker: how can i inconvenience moms the most on this Very Important Day
    FLxV0kK.png

Finally,,
    rWYK4Ei.png

She's really tryin to be smooth huh
    5E5xIax.png

Their parents look so pained lmao
    Vu9W2QT.png

They are,, in love,,
    2cQgyOX.png

How to spend your first day as a married couple, according to Thea & Cara:
    tid5rku.png
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    @miloek So amazing to see Thea and Cara back! And a wedding too - they look gorgeous! That is my kind of honeymoon lol.
    After three blonde kids, Rose has finally birthed herself a redhead :D

Little Lincoln is her first child with Barrett.
    6de6116135bcd2bd62607e40baa30b77.jpg
    a04f5845c7d4df1a2f3c8e247fb7a0d3.jpg

He loves Lady Margaret, who moved in when her owner Barrett did.
    73227c7b7409a918ff32940fb7cd3d8d.jpg

He loves her a lot... (That's Jill with him)
    4e7d10312d7f9d5d6af7ddf2b5848030.jpg
    022d2c2a915105bc7d8c54bf9ef6aeac.jpg

By that I mean that he never leaves her alone lol. Meanwhile Barrett has been busted sneaking into the kids room to use their tablet :D I think he's a little big for the teddy bear chair.
    1d91133a33a199c3df46ddbf7f0bbcea.jpg

Meanwhile Rose has been working harder than ever now that she's only one step away from the top of her career, and the kids are growing like weeds! So much so they had to move to a bigger house.
    756232407525edb621b0a885c37f4b72.jpg

Theo will be a young adult in a matter of days!
    058be14ebcd1fce11dee8cd09e6c4be8.jpg

Will is an A student and a super cheerful little guy
    f920bdd6fa3c163733be421de3e9ee2d.jpg

Jill..... is a bear... but a responsible, table-setting, bathroom-mopping bear. What more could you ask for?
    077bc3730973f85aa81b8f92d0ff810c.jpg
    fa2a7ff0ab710228287d15aa9f68bdd6.jpg

• Options
    Seafoam_Green123Seafoam_Green123 Posts: 68 Member
    @simwolf just want to say I love your sims! I love how you piece together the photos as well! Jill as a bear is AMAZING :)
    ( recommend me some good maxis clothes/ hair <3 )
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited January 2019
    Feels like it's been forever since I had a sim plan a wedding event, but finally had two of them tie the knot finally been going out for like forever. My country boy that makes a living from selling produce and wood working getting married to my awkward, unflirty gamer sim who was finally more than happy to accept the proposal. When I wasn't playing them for awhile the game thought it'd be alright to have a relationship with Katrina Caliente, nope. Broke that off so they could get married with no problems, but forgot he had broken it off with Katrina and I had ended up inviting her. She was still looking pretty upset about the whole thing. AWKWARD.
    ZbuUFQs.png
    Her choice of wedding dress was pretty simple to what she randomly change into, but suited her and was cute. The beach wedding was nice.
    sjDYlJB.png
    45tPfpX.png
    Even got to share a bite with one another for a piece of cake though her face just says 'Now gimme the rest of it~'
    OQKq31F.png
    About two hours into the wedding it started to rain. :/ Though, the bride actually enjoyed rainy weather.
    MJjHsLy.png
    Didn't stop them from having fun or eating cake. Katrina's mood seemed to have picked up though and she seemed pretty happy for Clay now.
    3nOPlCx.png
    They moved into this cute little home I made for them in Newcrest. Kynia use to stay in the city, but moved outside from it and adjusting to how quiet it is there.
    bvnfRM4.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    @Seafoam_Green123 Aw thank you so much :) I really appreciate your comment. I also love the bear phase but it seems to happen so very rarely these days... can't help but wonder if the frequency of some of the phases has been patched. I'm hoping to somehow link the bear phase to whatever she ends up doing in later life :D

• Options
    @simwolf its ok! I just genuinely reeled loved your sims (please update some more! Of course, I don't mean to rush you as I mean in the future :D) Considering all the new updates maybe that was added on? Maybe so... That would be so cool her still relating to her roots... her bear ones at least :smiley:
  • Options
    triplexninetriplexnine Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey everyone :) I just recently started my first Let's Play on YouTube :smile: could you all check me out on YouTube, my name is - triplexnine
  • Options
    @LadyKyn That little home is so adorable! You did a great job on it. I'm such a terrible builder lol.
    @Seafoam_Green123 Oh don't worry - plenty more updates to follow :) I'm addicted to this thread. I love seeing everyone else's stories and chronicling my own has helped me to focus more on story than racing through challenges.

Poor Lady Margaret got sick, but she was whooshed away quickly for the best cure money could buy.... she didn't looked too pleased with it though :#
    99c61fcf00dd3388b1bc2b8bae2c7f2a.jpg

Then she was good as new and ready to cheer up a sad little Lincoln with some kitty cuddles. I never even knew they could do that to sad toddlers :o
    25a10da880049c0e4aa5644929ccce84.jpg

Lincoln has had a birthday now though, making him a rather rambunctious child.
    b40fbaa21117e7acdffa8712c240dd69.jpg

But whilst his three siblings were visiting their father and Barrett was at work, Rose decided to take Lincoln to Geekcon for some bonding time.
    Hotdogs and Blicblok were the order of the day. Rose even won a prize!
    9a87f9dc59e85961398d1909b396e942.jpg
    08ff623af8b72574bd7a42d5352a65a2.jpg

The next day, the twins celebrated their birthday with a little garden party... so for the moment the house has 3 teens (one with a bear obsession) :# L-R Jill, Theo, Will
    ddb169172c3f04cf101cbe0c8ac68484.jpg

• Options
    @simwolf thats a lot of birthdays in only a few simdays! Woooo! Well done Rose! She should be *very* proud of herself :) I hope Lady Margaret on the other hand doesn't take her privileges for granted... (gotta say I love her though!)
  • Options
    @simwolf I may give it a crack and post some of what my sims get up to I just need to become a fully fledged member! They do say good things come to those who wait!! :)
  • Options
    Wait I'm a member now! Thank you so much for whoever has helped me with this!
  • Options
    Can't take all the credit, @Seafoam_Green123, but I did throw some points your way. :)
    @simwolf Good heavens are your kiddos growing up fast!

In the Craven's - Eve is pregnant with hopefully the final baby. I swear if it's a girl I just might scream. They have enough kiddos! Where on earth am I going to find room for them all? This will be baby #5 in total. They have been working on skills and aspirations, as always. Planning on sending them to Granite Falls soon as a family, once Astro and Andromeda age to child.

Also found out today that the Drakes had been overwritten by one of my Craven saves - and that neither the Cravens OR the Drakes are in my library. :( So I had to redo the Drakes and their save, for now. *sigh* There are definitely some annoyances with this game.
  • Options
    @WildIrishBanshee 1. Thank you so much for that! That was so nice of you :)
    2. I'm going to try to backtrack and read as much of your story as possible
    3. I love the line 'there are definitely some annoyances with this game.' That is totally relatable :)
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited January 2019
    @simwolf Thanks been practicing sadly I'm only good at building small homes. Still working on bigger ones. :# I love Laddy Margaret's colors. Nice to see she feels better.
    Had planned for Kynia and Clay to go on a honeymoon, but they kinda of celebrated pretty early when going out to the pool and getting cozy in the hot tub.
    hKBS0a6.png
    Maybe a little too cozy.
    vEfHRrw.png
    Since it resulted in a baby not too long after. A baby girl at that. Named her Shanna. Decided to check on them after checking on another family after some time and soon as I loaded into the lot Clay had aged the baby up. :o
    3FH5D3j.png
    sEFtpxc.png
    She's too adorable. (Surprised her outfit matched so perfectly too) Had expected her to have brown eyes like her mom, but she definitely took after dad with hair color, eyes and skin. After welcoming the new tot Shanna was also introduced to the family pet Gidget who took a liking to her.
    2u0mXhy.png
    Oddly enough it was also the day Gidget had aged up into an Elder and she wasn't feeling too good so Kynia had taken her too the vet to get her a check-up. She went hiding up underneat the couch at the vet and the veterinarian had to coax her out for the exam.
    R0OkguK.png
    4r5cYvh.png
    wwMet7U.png
    She was a good girl and the veterinarian calmed her and made her comfortable. Thus far she just seemed tired and sluggish, but was ready to be sent home.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    @Seafoam_Green123 @WildIrishBanshee I'm playing on regular lifespan with this not-so-berry run, though I usually play on long. But the birthdays were over about 6 sim days from Lincoln on day 1 and the twins on day 6 but on day 9 it will be Theo's turn :D It all seems to happen at once after a long period of quiet, calm play lol.

@LadyKyn Shanna is indeed wonderfully adorable <3 and I did have a little chuckle at Gidget hiding out from the vet :D Bless her.

After I posted yesterday and was about to close out the game for the day, I spotted a very rare opportunity for a family photo as everyone was around the table at the same time! Even Lady Margaret got into the shot lol. So I just had to share :)
    80fdd6a1d6888617968fabce058cb0d6.jpg

• Options
    @simwolf got to admit that picture is the best thing ever! And they are all actually eating at the table unlike mine where some of them sit on the couch, some at the table, the toddlers on the floor I really like playing on long life mode because I just love my sims too much!
    @LadyKyn How much can happen in a few days... She really is so cute! Shanna, what a pretty name too. I'd be slightly freaked out if I came home to a toddler that was only a few hours ago a baby... but I really am in love with her (not being weird or anything!)

• Options
    @simwolf what! a! pretty! kitty!
    @Seafoam_Green123 Congrats on becoming a member!!
    @WildIrishBanshee 5,, kids,,, good luck,,,,
    @LadyKyn hi hello I love Gidget (+ Shanna is a cutie)

Starting this off with a real tragedy:
    goodnight, sweet prince
    niGHNwM.png

Monster does not know the definition of personal space or privacy, but both the cats will casually walk in when they're woohooing so this isn't a surprise
    0J2YAg2.png

It seems Tucker has reached level 10 of the napping skill (fun fact: every time Cara breaks out the violin, I have to zoom waaay out because it's so agonizing to listen to)
    eKl1M9z.png

A child
    Her name is Pepper (:
    lYtYqXw.png

Pepper befriended both cats before she even acknowledged Cara's presence. I could not ask for a better child. (@simwolf 100% inspired by Lincoln & Lady Margaret)
    GZLUwPl.png
    Ii6X96n.png

Is this a renaissance painting??
    Q6NIsNU.png

Pepper seems to already be in the phase where she copies everything her parents do lmao
    1RF2JbE.png

Thea: the kids channel is,, mind-numbing,,
    Cara: so this is life now huh
    IBoYs32.png
    giphy.gif