Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has Get Famous met your expectations so far?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    AnjolaoluwasAnjolaoluwas Posts: 47 Member
    I am satisfied with it
    I wasn't really excited for it, because it wasn't my style of gameplay, but I am really loving it so far! The celebrity system is really good - unlike in TS3 - and the acting career is a lot of fun. The random sims on the street taking selfies also add a little bit of realism lol. The only thing bugging me is how people can't act normal around celebrities... Like, not everyone is going to like and act like a mad fan near all celebrities. Sims can barely do anything on a lot when there is a celebrity in it, because everyone is fawning over them.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    I need more time to decide
    I'm still nowhere... had 1 casting so far... :D and still low fame points.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    I am satisfied with it
    I like it, and it does add a lot of excitement. I was just having a club gathering the other day and some celebrity came in and this sim started making all these weird noises out of excitement that a celebrity was there, and she ended up falling to the ground out of exhaustion, I guess because of lack of sleep. It really played the scenario well though and it got a laugh out of me.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I am satisfied with it
    I like it, and I wasn't even aware of it, since I've had a break from Sims since springtime. I enjoy that you have to work a bit for the fame, unlike Sims 3, where you almost have to work hard to avoid stardom if you don't want your sim to be famous.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I had no expectations with Get Famous, so technically GF didn't meet any of mine bc I never had any :p
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    It is so so
    For the $20 I paid, it's not bad, but unless you're playing the acting career... it's pretty much barely enough content for it to be worth it. The only difference is that my Sims get fame... not exactly exciting. And all the special opportunities so far are linked to the video station, which is just... completely lame. Heck, sending my Sims to a rabbit hole to shoot a commercial or whatnot would have been more realistic and more interesting than this... I really dislike that focus EVERYWHERE on streaming. Bleh. Really, why in the world would commercials use footage of celebrities in their own house anyway?
  • Options
    hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    I am satisfied with it
    Honestly I am surprised how many people are more satisfied with this than unsatisfied . I say that because the developers are held to such high standards as they should be. With each expansion this is supposed to get better
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I am satisfied with it
    I haven't even touched the acting career yet, but it's more than met my expectations for the game. It's added so much life back to my long term sims and my hopes for some of them.

For me, it's brought back an interest in the game that was kind of lost when they spent a focused amount of time on the mundane ( like family play and laundry)

I'll take this addition and run with all it, and the patch, offers to enhance MY style.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited December 2018
    I am satisfied with it
    Totally. I think it's a great Expansion Pack, hopefully future EP's will have the same level of depth and amount of gameplay as this one and Seasons, which wasn't the case prior to them.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    It is so so
    I've had fun with it, but there are a couple things that bug me. I despise the celebrity walk, and how it doesn't stay gone no matter how many times I set it to normal walk. I don't like how my upper level celebs are disgusted with everything. It's too much. I've also had issues with the game crashing twice in one day, which rarely happened before I installed this expansion. I have a beefy gaming desktop, this shouldn't be happening so often.

Although the new world is annoyingly small, it's beautiful and looks so much like LA. Art style is very well done. I really wish it had twice the lots that it does. The fame & reputation systems are pretty cool. I've had a lot of fun playing Venessa. I'm looking forward to having sims in other careers become celebs next weekend when I get a chance to play again.
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    I am satisfied with it
    I always said to keep your expectations low... I too was pleasantly surprised, it adds a whole new dimension to gameplay. There were even some surprise cards coming up with non-showbiz jobs that were tempting me. I just wish there were other jobs like director, producer, etc (More jobs period).
  • Options
    RuinaRuina Posts: 20 Member
    I am satisfied with it
    It even exceeded them, sorta. For a long time I wanted a theater in The Sims and the actor career really delivered. It would have been nice to be able to write functioning scripts though, I think with those mechanics it may be pretty doable.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I am satisfied with it
    Awww heck yeah!
  • Options
    AvalonTribune_Y2KAvalonTribune_Y2K Posts: 8 New Member
    It did not meet my expectations at all/Unsatisfied
    Actual friends are my sim celebs in-game whom people will love and lap it up in the US. But it's never just about posing for the paparazzi. It's the aftermath that stars have to deal with. Handling the media, the news that comes with it. I thought an interaction should have been included for that.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I am satisfied with it
    agustd wrote: »
    I don't like the lack of choices we as players have been given fame wise. I don't really want to play an actor sim. I'm much more interested in the independent content creator career, but since it's not an official one, it feels unfinished and frankly, they should have included it with City Living as a part of the social media career (just the fact those two are completely separate things from two different expansions blows my mind)

On top of that, the world is small and CAS items don't speak to me.

I have two B-lister celebrities in a household, and neither one are in the actor career -- one is a painter, the other a stylist. I would have liked a bit more detail in the stylist career, which doesn't really count towards a GF comment since it was in the pre-pack patch (the daily task has been stuck on Update Social Media Status for a while -- maybe I need to have her work from home more), but it's definitely possible to gain fame outside of the actor career. I may have their oldest son become a famous archaeologist/freelance writer to see how becoming famous without an actual job works. (I was originally going to have him be an actor but I think his younger sister will be better suited for it.)

I don't really spend much time in DSV -- my current rotational households are in Willow Creek (my main family), Newcrest (my struggling athlete) and San Myshuno (Johnny Zest pursuing his Comedy career) -- now that a couple of mods I've been waiting for have been updated I need to get back to him.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    I am satisfied with it
    I really didn't have that many expectations going into it -- celebrity usually isn't my cup of Earl Grey, Hot but I find myself liking this pack. The reputation system could make a big difference going forward -- not usually much of a one for Evil or Mean Sims but I'd like to try and do a Sim with a bit of a sketchy reputation. then have him/her reform and try to build a good one.

I haven't even tried the acting career yet -- I've been more interested in incorporating the features into my game play style. I've done the Internet careers from CL in past saves, now I want to do them again with GF and incorporate new features like the video machine into the mix.
  • Options
    I am satisfied with it
    Actual friends are my sim celebs in-game whom people will love and lap it up in the US. But it's never just about posing for the paparazzi. It's the aftermath that stars have to deal with. Handling the media, the news that comes with it. I thought an interaction should have been included for that.

One of the big complaints about celebrity in Sims 3 was the negative media -- whether justified or just nasty rumors. Especially geting dinged for "Woohooing with the occult" if your Sim was married to a vampire...of course you're going to woohoo with your spouse! I turned off celebrity fairly early on (thanks to NRaas Master Controller) for that reason. I think the devs were trying to get away from that sort of thing in this pack. The paparazzi are still pretty obnoxious though; had my B-lister celebrities finally elope (just couldn't find time to plan a wedding) and they were there shooting pictures.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I am satisfied with it
    I am satisfied with it for the most part. Fame has never been something I have been particularly interested in for my sims, but I am pleasantly surprised with Get Famous and having lots of fun with it. I love the fame and reputation system and the CAS items. The only thing I am disappointed with is the world. As others have noted, it is quite small and it's just not as glamorous or pretty as I would have liked. My celebs actually live in San Myshuno and may move to Windenberg at some point.
  • Options
    AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    Hahahahahahaha
    oh sorry i thought it was a joke because of how obvious the answer is.
    get famous? more like get other people to take over this franchise cuz i dont think we can embarrass ourselves any more even if we tried
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I am satisfied with it
    I like it a lot. The things that would make it even better for me are a bigger world and maybe tabloids. I would've loved to hear my sims gossiped about.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    edited December 2018
    Since I bought it for lots and the lots were pretty awful I gotta go with no. I think fame could have been done better too. I find acting so boring and time consuming whereas the social media part more fun/entertaining so I actually wish they had focused more on that, given it more life than it has. It's weird that a main feature isn't all that fun, but a side feature ends up being more fun and having more depth. So much customization!

Modders of course will do a lot with these features and expand on them. I wouldn't play ts4 without mods.
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    hunniboo1 wrote: »
    Honestly I am surprised how many people are more satisfied with this than unsatisfied . I say that because the developers are held to such high standards as they should be. With each expansion this is supposed to get better

To be fair this is a ridiculously small sample of the simming population. Gaming as a whole seems to be regressing given all the scandals. You'd have to sample everyday people, gamers as a whole, simmers, and ts4 simmers then compare to really assess the situation. I do feel like gaming as a whole is a disappointment and I'm starting to wonder if I'll even be a gamer in a few years with how things are going.
  • Options
    akinatsukana28akinatsukana28 Posts: 10 New Member
    I need more time to decide
    I need more time but honestly I didn't have high expectations to begin with. I like the fact that I can be a freelance painter and become famous doing that. But I wish there were more lots to build on. Overall I'm pretty disappointed in Sims 4 period, this is why I still play Sims 3 majority of the time.
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    edited December 2018
    It is so so
    Sure, I just wish DSV was larger and if sims do something like cheating in public we could see negative headlines or positive headlines if something was done good.