Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GIVEAWAY Get Famous Winners announced

Comments

• Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    Hi, jimmysnan! I hope your spouse's emergency was quickly and safely resolved!

I hear you about spending ages on building and making sims after a new pack comes out--I often do that too! I frequently use an old savegame to explore some of the features, and then go 'do the pack right,' setting everything up just so before I play with my main savegame.

After seeing MadameLee's post, I looked at your original post--you have me down twice ('cuz I posted twice--now 3 times), I think #s 19 and 28 (sorry, may have already forgotten!). Surely not what you intended!

I didn't see anyone else whose name got entered twice, but my short-term memory ain't what she used to be! (and now The Old Gray Mare is going through my head, gah!)

Thanks again, and g'night! (or, good morning if that's when you read this.) :smile:

@verlainem - I hope your spouse is recovering well!
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    edited December 2018
    Tiarella wrote: »
    Hi, jimmysnan! I hope your spouse's emergency was quickly and safely resolved!

I hear you about spending ages on building and making sims after a new pack comes out--I often do that too! I frequently use an old savegame to explore some of the features, and then go 'do the pack right,' setting everything up just so before I play with my main savegame.

After seeing MadameLee's post, I looked at your original post--you have me down twice ('cuz I posted twice--now 3 times), I think #s 19 and 28 (sorry, may have already forgotten!). Surely not what you intended!

I didn't see anyone else whose name got entered twice, but my short-term memory ain't what she used to be! (and now The Old Gray Mare is going through my head, gah!)

Thanks again, and g'night! (or, good morning if that's when you read this.) :smile:

@verlainem - I hope your spouse is recovering well!

My husband has brain cancer and is not eating anymore he wants to be done with the cancer. I am extremely sad.
    Which number would you like to keep.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Oh, jimmysnan, I am so sorry. I hope Jimmy and his parents are nearby, to be with you through this. If a virtual hug would be any comfort to you, I'd like to offer you one. ( ***HUGS*** ) <---- in case a hug is welcome

(In answer to your question, since #19's the first time I posted, let's go with that. [Did you notice both those numbers add up to 10, one in odd numbers and one in even? There's a coincidence!] Thanks again for your kindness!)

*edited to add: left a message on your page, as have others.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    edited December 2018
    I’m so sorry to hear about your husband. I’ve been happily married for 12 years and my heart goes out to you and your husband.

I want Get Famous because I accidentally bought Get Together from Best Buy. And I don’t want to pay $40 plus the $20 (for the duplicate game). So basically it’s because I’m incompetent. But if I do win, I’ll pay it forward and do a drawing for Get Together, since I don’t need two copies.

My plans for the famous game is to have Vanessa try and steal that famous guy from his wife and kill off the Ward woman.
  • Options
    NimieNimie Posts: 206 Member
    Am I late for this?? :(
  • Options
    Nimie wrote: »
    Am I late for this?? :(

No your right on time.
  • Options
    Right after I visit my husband at the nursing home I will come back here and do this giveaway. It will cheer me up some to give these away.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I'm really sorry about your husband as well. I hope for the best :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    NimieNimie Posts: 206 Member
    jimmysnan wrote: »
    Right after I visit my husband at the nursing home I will come back here and do this giveaway. It will cheer me up some to give these away.

what happened to your husband? I hope he's ok
  • Options
    Nimie wrote: »

what happened to your husband? I hope he's ok

Husband has brain cancer and has been fighting for 3 years. He has decided that he has had enough and he is refusing treatment and has stopped eating and drinks very little. He is just done. Hard decision for me to accept but it is his sickness and his life.
  • Options
    Is everyone ready to have the winners announced? I am going into the generator now.
  • Options
    Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    Congrats to the winners and thank you again for the giveaway
  • Options
    JmaraaJmaraa Posts: 217 Member
    Wow I came so close!!! One spot away!! Congrats to the winners and thanks for hosting the giveaway!!!
    Simming Since '00; Forum Member '13; SimLit Blogger '14; SimLit Critic '18

Current Story: https://simslegacy2020.wordpress.com My 2020 Legacy Story - A 10 Generation Legacy Challenge
    Sim Choice Awards 2018! || My Full Wordpress || Twitter: Jmaraasims
  • Options
    Jmaraa wrote: »
    Wow I came so close!!! One spot away!! Congrats to the winners and thanks for hosting the giveaway!!!

Oh dear dont you hate when that happen?
  • Options
    Flexono1 wrote: »
    Congrats to the winners and thank you again for the giveaway

Your welcome
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Congrats to the winners!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Oof one spot away, just my luck.
    Congrats to the winners and thank you for hosting this!
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Yay for the winners! I hope you both have a ball! (Do come back and tell us what you did! :smiley: )

Thank you, jimmysnan, for spreading such cheer! I hope the happiness you've given others lightens your heart, even if it's only for a moment. :heart: May you have many such moments.

eta: ***Hugs!***
  • Options
    Ooh, congrats! It was a slim chance anyway, but I can still wait for a discount. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Tiarella wrote: »
    Yay for the winners! I hope you both have a ball! (Do come back and tell us what you did! :smiley: )

Thank you, jimmysnan, for spreading such cheer! I hope the happiness you've given others lightens your heart, even if it's only for a moment. :heart: May you have many such moments.

eta: ***Hugs!***

Thank you it did bring me some joy. Keep in touch.
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Ooh, congrats! It was a slim chance anyway, but I can still wait for a discount. :D

Hey maybe someone else will post a give away you never know.
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    As everyone has said, thank you so much for doing this! Very kind of you. Congrats to the winners!

The simming community has you in their hearts and will be thinking of you and wishing the best for you :heart:
  • Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    @jimmysnan, I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. I hope your husband will be comfortable and have some time with family & friends. Please take care of yourself too. And thank you for showing such generosity to others at this difficult time. Hugs and much love to you and your family.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Hey maybe someone else will post a give away you never know.

Maybe. But I've already tried my luck. It's time to give others a chance :)

And I also want to see what the winners did with GF :D

• Options
    brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    ♥ Congratulations to the winners, thank you @jimmysnan for this wonderful give away! Thinking of you and your Family during this time ♥