Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you often dress your sims in clothes from the opposite gender?

I see myself doing it constantly, especially giving females t shirts for males, as I don't really like most tops for females. To be honest, I would have downloaded much more cc if the gender patch never happened. I'm glad the option for sims to wear clothes from the other gender was added back then. I just wish male tops wouldn't look so weird on females.
Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff

Do you often dress your sims in clothes from the opposite gender? 243 votes

Yes, I constantly remove the gender tag for more choices
21%
AlexaiAnnie2008Bloosmoosimgirl1010Jprp83alanmichael1MindofyphantasmkissBabykittyjadecaitybee73SindocatFelicity1169Lemon405anosesWaytoomanyUIDsadele_katMovottiKarababy52ryttu3kByondTime89 52 votes
No, I mostly give them clothes from their own gender category
55%
auroraael14CK213Frn0731Nh6650JoBass24usKita5399IdontrcallMstybl95GalacticGalLaBlue0314grevilliabluealexspoom13CrazyboutTheSimsHowGreatThouArtSikoahGraceColorist40PlayerSinger2010Nianasimlish1Writin_Reg 136 votes
It depends (please comment)
22%
icmnfrshGruffmanIsb917simm621StrangerthanMariefoxprice83Bagoas77KalaniCoolVersusVeritastaydevPlumbobCrossingEchovafallenangel66BekahSueTrowiciakittymeowDevilNDisguisetnb494ChuChuExpressDoloresGrey 55 votes

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,603 Member
    Nope. Cuz what would my guy sims wear anyway? XD There's only like a few nice female sweaters that look okay on males but that's about it.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    sekojranasekojrana Posts: 107 Member
    I would more often, but I find most of the clothes on the opposite gender are really awkward and just don't look right. Especially male clothes on the feminine frame; the shirts are too lumpy all over, the pants have like, a really deep dent in the fork, and the shoes make their feet unnaturally thin. It's kind of annoying too, because some pants and shoes have had their gender tags removed completely, so they show up without adjusting the tags, and I get excited to use them and then I'm let down cos they look so bad on :(
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    No, it's just not something I think about. What's funny is I often where my husband's clothes especially his t-shirts. But I just don't think that way with my Sims? Might have to consider this because a big comfy t-shirt is always a thing in my life.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Sometimes. Not with tops, though. They always look weird when you switch them idk what it is
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    There are a couple of accessories that I turn the flag off for, but almost never for clothing. If I'm being honest, the work for that gender conversion was done very poorly, and I don't like for my sims' bodies to be deformed in the clothes they wear.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Never.

Didn’t see the option listed.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    There's some male suit jackets and tie sets that look great on some of my femalre Sims, and Caleb looks hot in the female leather pants.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Never.
  • Options
    GruffmanGruffman Posts: 4,831 Member
    I tend to go overboard with the whole clothing settings. I do tend to use more of the male clothes for the women than the womens clothes for the men.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited July 2018
    The vast majority of the clothes from the opposite gender deforms Sims to such an extent that I don't like it. If it didn't I would make more use of this feature. The most annoying thing being that the hips and knees of females sink when you put any male clothing on them. With female clothes on male Sims it's the chest area that looks off.
    That said, for certain Sims these changes to the body frame might actually work well with their story or personality.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Always. Especially for the toddlers and children. I also remove the category options so if I want my sim to wear sneakers with a formal dress they can.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Heck, yes!
    tumblr_p2xpvg5INA1v2n804o1_540.png
    tumblr_os6ram0TZF1v2n804o1_540.png
    tumblr_pbhh3kbpte1v2n804o1_540.jpg

tumblr_p05shuSWzU1v2n804o1_540.png
    tumblr_ovjyveSwz01v2n804o2_540.png
    tumblr_oqrmf6jXqs1v2n804o1_540.jpg

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I would if the clothes fitted better. A lot of it just looks odd, which is a shame.
  • Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    I mostly dress them in clothes for their gender. But I have occasionally taken the gender tag off. Sometimes to get more options for females to wear. Once to put Hercules in a leotard.
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    One of my favorite sims is a guy who does drag in his party outfit. Other than that I often give girls masculine clothes, depending on the look I'm trying to go for: for instance a tomboy, or just a casual/not uber-feminine girl.
  • Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    Also the deformation that occurs when you dress sims in clothes of the opposite gender looks worse in CAS than in game. So it doesn't bother me too much.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Only if they can rock the look!
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Men in skirts and women in suits !
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Usually for accessories- that spiked choker and some of the male stud earring for females, plus the female leather pants look really hot on some male sims.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Nope, never. Both halves of my gay couple are masculine and do not suffer gender confusion.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    Sometimes, it depends on the sim really and what backstory/perference they strike me as, it is challenging to do this no doubt somethings just looks very odd on the opposite gender, but I mange when it happens in my game.
  • Options
    ThePinkBookGirlThePinkBookGirl Posts: 437 Member
    I like some of the clothes from the male category that would work for female, but they just fit terribly. Especially some of the tops will make a large chested woman shrink down in a weird way. I tried, but they sadly just don’t work well :neutral: And same with the female shirts on men, just odd. Although the female bottoms work well on men, so I’ll use those.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Usually it's females wearing some "male" clothes. They fit better and can still look feminine to me. I do however make men dress more fem or women dress more masculine for story purposes or because it suits their character from time to time.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    BelongtoLCMSBelongtoLCMS Posts: 125 Member
    It is not mostly, I always give them clothing for their appropriate gender. I do not take the gender tag off.