March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback on parties

I think EA should not permit lower level players to have higher level parties, higher than birthday until they level up. I have hit up several parties who's game level is so low, they have no interactions at the parties.. It makes it impossible to complete the party bar and I don't want to waste all my cakes slices to complete it. I wind up leaving the parties unfinished.

Comments

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I think EA should not permit lower level players to have higher level parties, higher than birthday until they level up. I have hit up several parties who's game level is so low, they have no interactions at the parties.. It makes it impossible to complete the party bar and I don't want to waste all my cakes slices to complete it. I wind up leaving the parties unfinished.
    Don't the parties depend on people doing interactions to them so I am not quite sure what you mean by lower level players having parties. I have gone to a few that didn't max to 10 and I have been to parties that are at level 10 when I get there.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited June 2018
    Don't the parties depend on people doing interactions to them so I am not quite sure what you mean by lower level players having parties. I have gone to a few that didn't max to 10 and I have been to parties that are at level 10 when I get there.

I'm not talking about the party leveling up to 10 or not. I haven't thrown a party yet. I might throw one tomorrow ;)@rosemow explained to me that if your at a lower level in the game, the game will not give you party food, balloons, etc when you throw a party. I have been to several parties where the player still had the original house the game gives you They have not made improvements so they are not entitled to party activities the game gives you when you throw a party.

You know how you have to fill your own sims bar while they are at the party, I have been to several where I can not even complete my sim's party bar because the player throwing the party is at such a low level. They have nothing to do at the party at all
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,479 Member

I'm not talking about the party leveling up to 10 or not. I haven't thrown a party yet. I might throw one tomorrow ;)@rosemow explained to me that if your at a lower level in the game, the game will not give you party food, balloons, etc when you throw a party. I have been to several parties where the player still had the original house the game gives you They have not made improvements so they are not entitled to party activities the game gives you when you throw a party.

You know how you have to fill your own sims bar while they are at the party, I have been to several where I can not even complete my sim's party bar because the player throwing the party is at such a low level. They have nothing to do at the party at all

Hello
    I didn’t mean that the game wouldn’t allow the simmers to have party food and balloons. They would have those items. What I meant was that what extra items are available for the simmers to use for the party may not be available if the player level is low. I wasn’t sure at all. I was just wondering if that was the case.
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    I didn’t mean that the game wouldn’t allow the simmers to have party food and balloons. They would have those items. What I meant was that what extra items are available for the simmers to use for the party may not be available if the player level is low. I wasn’t sure at all. I was just wondering if that was the case.

Oh ok I misunderstood you. I guess we will have to test this out or maybe someone at EA or another simmer will chime in if they have thrown parties while being at a very low level in the game. Is this a case of people not knowing they can add party activities or they are not entitled to party activities for being at a lower game level.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited June 2018

Hello

Oh ok I misunderstood you. I guess we will have to test this out or maybe someone at EA or another simmer will chime in if they have thrown parties while being at a very low level in the game. Is this a case of people not knowing they can add party activities or they are not entitled to party activities for being at a lower game level.
    It just doesn't let you do certain things if you don't have them like hobbies are sometimes at parties if the people have them and the sim has that hobby and I think jobs show up as interactions to. But I think you can still have the party decorations regardless if you are low leveled. It will let them interact with the people and the objects they have at the party.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641

Hello

It just doesn't let you do certain things if you don't have them like hobbies are sometimes at parties if the people have them and the sim has that hobby and I think jobs show up as interactions to. But I think you can still have the party decorations regardless if you are low leveled.

I know that as far as jobs or hobbies.

If the game permits you to have decorations regardless of level, ea should add a game tutorial before people start the game. I have been to that many parties where I can't complete my party bar because players don't add parties activities and decorations

Hello

It just doesn't let you do certain things if you don't have them like hobbies are sometimes at parties if the people have them and the sim has that hobby and I think jobs show up as interactions to. But I think you can still have the party decorations regardless if you are low leveled.

If the game permits you to have decorations regardless of level, ea should add a game tutorial before people start the game. I have been to that many parties where I can't complete my party bar because players don't add parties activities and decorations

If you interract with the other sims, you should be able to get the points needed to fill the party bar. If there are less than 3 sims at the party at that time though, the amount of party xp points given is reduced when clicking on objects.
    edited June 2018

Hello

If you interract with the other sims, you should be able to get the points needed to fill the party bar. If there are less than 3 sims at the party at that time though, the amount of party xp points given is reduced when clicking on objects.

These parties that I have been to never have enough sims to even speak to so I can complete the party bar. I can only put out a suggestion to ea that parties should be tied to level. They should give a tutorial on how to throw parties along with other game play like the pc versions

These players that are throwing parties at a very low level in the game, most would not have opened sim slots so they may only have one sim in the game. It's hard completing a party with no activities and one or two sims to talk to. These are players that are able to throw higher level parties. Higher than birthday
  • danielscolbertfamilydanielscolbertfamily Posts: 6 New Member
    > If the game permits you to have decorations regardless of level, ea should add a game tutorial before people start the game. I have been to that many parties where I can't complete my party bar because players don't add parties activities and decorations

This is the problem. I agree. Even though I am relatively new, I have levelled up quite quickly. There is nothing to do when the party doesn't have the appropriate decorations or activities. Parties should be made into levels ... level 1 party = cake and beginner hobbies, level 3 part = cake etc and level 3 objects. Parties should not start until AFTER the player has fulfilled the party requirements (placed down the objects for the party, decorations, hobby / career objects) .
    @danielscolbertfamily @rosemow @pepperjax1230 This just came to me. I remember someone posting that they had to move items out of their house to have room for the game to place party activities. This makes sense to me because this happens in the sims 3 seasons. It will probably happen in the sims 4 seasons. Being that these players have such small houses, the game may not let them place the the party activities because they have no room. All the more reason parries should be at a higher levels in the game .
    @danielscolbertfamily @rosemow @pepperjax1230 This just came to me. I remember someone posting that they had to move items out of their house to have room for the game to place party activities. This makes sense to me because this happens in the sims 3 seasons. It will probably happen in the sims 4 seasons. Being that these players have such small houses, the game may not let them place the the party activities because they have no room. All the more reason parries should be at a higher levels in the game .

Hello
    Some simmer place the party activity items outside their home as they may not have the room indoors to place them.

Hello
    Some simmer place the party activity items outside their home as they may not have the room indoors to place them.

I know but you also have to have cleared land to do that. Again the players I'm talking about are at such low levels. they have not cleared land , they don't open their sim slots. Have no sims to talk to at parties and no room to place party activities. These parties will usually end at low levels 2-3 and if I cant complete my party bar when my sims attend the party , the party can not be completed by the person throwing the party or the sims attending the party.
    edited June 2018
    @rosemow I just started my first birthday party . You have to have enough room to place all the party activities. Why the game should not have parties at lower levels.

It tells you at the beginning of the party to have enough room for the party favors
    @rosemow I just started my first birthday party . You have to have enough room to place all the party activities. Why the game should not have parties at lower levels.

It sounds like the lack of room may be why some simmers are unable to place all the party items.
    I hope that your party goes well :)

It sounds like the lack of room may be why some simmers are unable to place all the party items.
    I hope that your party goes well :)

Yes on the room . This presents a problem from the party not doing well. No sims to interact with , no party activities.

Thanks! It's doing well. I am almost at level 5 and the party started maybe an hour ago so it seems to be going well :)
    edited June 2018
    I would like to add a request. Is it possible for EA to give extra stickers just when someone is hosting a party. You run out of stickers hosting a party and still having to attend two parties a day, If the extra stickers is not possible if you host a party it should count as one party for the day
  • VapeeVixenVapeeVixen Posts: 12 New Member
    I still feel you should have a leave party option, like ya join the party and right away ya know it's going to flop. This option only being available if you haven't interacted at the party yet... please make this a thing
    Also recently I've noticed when I join a party of someone who has expanded towards water my game freezes up as soon as I interact with anyone or anything, very frustrating since there's no leave party option if you haven't done anything... also feel bad for host then as they're not getting my help
    @VapeeVixen

there are signs if a party may not have enough to do. Parties that show your sims with work or hobby activities , good chance the person throwing the party has a larger house and more activities to interact with. These parties usually level up

If the person who is throwing a party starts the party and does not interact with the party goers, the party may not reach level 10. Party goers and the person throwing the party both need to do their share of interactions to get the party to level up to 10. Some players throw a party, leave the game and rely on only the party goers to level up the party. If I throw a party I always interact with party goers so all my parties level to 10

EA has been having issues with party freezes. They patched the game yesterday. If you have already patched your game and still getting freezes, please report those to the bugs mobile section

@phoebebebe13 Thanks for the reply, yeah I know about looking for parties that have the work/hobby icons, those are only ones I do... doesn't help though when host doesn't put out items/decorations... most of my friends are like me level 40, just sad some don't care to max out, I always do and usually max it within an hour tops lol

Yeah I saw yesterday's patch I'm still having same issue so you're right I should just put in a ticket I guess
    edited June 2018
    @vapeeVixen I just hit level 40 this morning. I also noticed that allot of my friends have not been on for weeks. I don't know if these people quit playing or are holding out for fixes. If you read the bug section Apple players and some samsung players are having allot more issues. I'm on adroid 7 google compatible phone so I have not been hit with as many bugs as others. I do have one person on my friends list that pmed me to tell me their game is unplayable because of Apple and they are holding out for fixes Her parties were crashing. Both on her end and mine

With all the issues, some people may not be able to "Play" the party on their end for those who throw the party. Why the parties can't advance

People with smaller houses , that can't put party items out is a problem. I had to clear some land just to add the dance floor and the DJ booth for a party . It would be nice if we had stairs and could build up so we could have some free yard space
  • PoumbiPoumbi Posts: 35 Member
    The host of the party should have higher point actions so it costs less time and more parties will be level 10. Its a waste of everybodies time when a party host flops.
  • geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    This is why I've only friended people from the FB and Discord groups as they try to get to level 10. Even then I've come across a couple of hosts who just start a party and leave it for everyone else to level it for them resulting in only level 3-4 parties, so I just remove the lazy hosts from my friend list.
  • GG_AbernathyGG_Abernathy Posts: 7 New Member
    So, I have a question to anyone who has completed the new careers.

Are the CAREER items you acquire for your home interactive with parties now? It was a nice feature in the original careers. I've finished Surgeon and Marine Biologist stories, and am currently throwing a B-Day party for one of my Sims, but I'm unable to interact at all with any of those career items I've placed in my home.

I don't want a newer Simmer feeling 🐸🐸🐸🐸 by coming to my parties, (because they used to level up pretty fast with and without participation from me), and they can't interact with my previous career items.

Any help?
  • CeeameeCeeamee Posts: 6 New Member
    [quote="geekgirl101;c-16692251"]This is why I've only friended people from the FB and Discord groups as they try to get to level 10. Even then I've come across a couple of hosts who just start a party and leave it for everyone else to level it for them resulting in only level 3-4 parties, so I just remove the lazy hosts from my friend list.[/quote]

There is a Sims Mobile Discord group? I had no idea! How do I go about finding this?