Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin keeps saying game needs to update and won't play?

Origin keeps telling me my Sims 4 needs to update before I play, but when I tell it to update, the message says that it is up to date. However, the initial block remains, so I am unable to play the game even though it is supposedly updated. Help??

Comments

• Options
    litabelaqualitabelaqua Posts: 4,322 Member
    close the game down, exit out of Origin, reboot your pc. Then log into origin and it should update
  • Options
    missbexxmissbexx Posts: 23 Member
    Did you manage to get a fix for this? My game has been doing this for a few days and I cannot play it. I have exited Origin and rebooted PC numerous times and nothing. I keep going around the loop of game needs update, game is up to date. I cannot play it at all.
  • Options
    missbexxmissbexx Posts: 23 Member
    And I might have actually fixed it. I right clicked on it and clicked repair game. At least it seems to be loading now. Just thought I would add this in case someone else comes looking with the same problem.
  • Options
    cheyenne.mahercheyenne.maher Posts: 3 New Member
    I've had this trouble all day today! all i wanted was the holiday pack and I get this!!! and how do i reboot? please help!!! all i wanna do is play sims 4 is it such a crime?!
  • Options
    cheyenne.mahercheyenne.maher Posts: 3 New Member
    > @litabelaqua said:
    > close the game down, exit out of Origin, reboot your pc. Then log into origin and it should update
    it didn't update :(
  • Options
    BroTanicBroTanic Posts: 1 New Member
    edited December 2014
    I have the same exact problem with my BF4. this sucks!
  • Options
    Evenstar606Evenstar606 Posts: 1,618 Member
    My problem is that Origin keeps saying it needs to update ORIGIN, then the update won't install because it says Origin is in Offline Mode. So I uninstalled Origin last week and reinstalled it, that fixed the problem. But now is started bugging me again, saying Origin needed to update AGAIN...and I can't play Sims until Origin updates. Yet Origin won't go online, even though my internet is working. So the update won't go through, and my game is useless until it does. I really hate having to rely on Origin and the internet just to play my game. My internet isn't the fastest connection in the world, but that should be no excuse for the Origin update not to go through.
  • Options
    Thesimsman22Thesimsman22 Posts: 4 New Member
    Evenstar606 I think they need to stop useing Orgin bc Orgin sucks
  • Options
    Thesimsman22Thesimsman22 Posts: 4 New Member
    HOPE THEY FIX THIS
  • Options
    jane666doejane666doe Posts: 1 New Member
    I really don't play the Sims that much, but yeah, whenever I want to-- like right now when I had 30 minutes to kill-- half the time is spent updating. Super annoying to not be able to play a game that I purchased...I love the Sims but I may have to find a game on an entirely different platform because the required updates really don't fit into how I like to play games
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    I'll close this thread off now to avoid further necroposts. To learn more about the necroposting forum rule please review this thread.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top