The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you buy the upcoming hampsters pack?

Comments

• Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    Yes.
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I've had to learn far too many times that life is short, so do what makes you happy. I sympathize with those that are upset, but I choose to not stress over things like this.

If only there were more people like us.
  • Options
    CazualKarmaCazualKarma Posts: 85 Member
    Yes.
    tobumon wrote: »
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I've had to learn far too many times that life is short, so do what makes you happy. I sympathize with those that are upset, but I choose to not stress over things like this.

If only there were more people like us.

Amen!

All the stress and anger.. not worth it.
  • Options
    TimelordSnowyTimelordSnowy Posts: 41 Member
    Yes.
    Yes. Not anytime soon as I’m 4 years behind and have others at the top of my priority list but I will get it at somepoint
    Please Ping if responding to something I say. I wont see otherwise thank you :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,322 Member
    Yes.
    For me, this boils down to principle. Based on the information so far, this pack is 90% dependent on the Cats and Dog expansion.

More like 10%. :)
  • Options
    Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    No.
    Not at full price. If it goes on sale, maybe, but right how no.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • Options
    plsntviewnativeplsntviewnative Posts: 2 New Member
    edited March 2018
    No.
    > @Feet46 said:
    > Faboosh wrote: »
    >
    > No, it's really not cool that they are charging us for this content! This should of been included with the Pets Ep. My second reason is we now have more content for our dog's than we have for non-white sims. They really need to stop playing us with this content and step up to making things equal for everyone
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What Pets Ep?!
    >
    > Why does everyone keep saying this pack should be with the Pets EP? I don't remember a Pets EP for The Sim 4.

{EA_Lanna: Removed. Not warranted}
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Yes.
    Of course. My sims kids need hedgehogs.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,632 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Of course. My sims kids need hedgehogs.

It's always thinking about how a pack fits into my current gameplay that pulls me in. My Aliens could really use Voidcritter pets.

I do understand people's reservations about this pack, but I guess I'm more like @Kita5399 in also feeling that life is short and when I find joy in it, I'll take it. I do have things that I will forgo on principle, but there are so many of those in weightier categories than game development and marketing (I'm currently trying to figure out how to cut all plastic out of my life going forward) that I'm not going to cut some pleasure out on principle on this one.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 718 Member
    edited March 2018
    No.
    Not right now, I feel like I'm not even gonna play with it when it comes out. I'll probably get it when it's on sale and also get Bowling, Fitness and Vintage Glamour along with it.
  • Options
    tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    No.
    The first one I’m not interested in since fitness stufff.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Yes.
    I probably will wait a couple of weeks but then I'll get it.

I asked for minor pets to be more interactive, and this is the price I must pay.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    No.
    For me, this boils down to principle. Based on the information so far, this pack is 90% dependent on the Cats and Dog expansion.

More like 10%. :)
    I wish you had copied more of my post than one sentence because I also stated that without C&D EP, most of the other items in this SP are just decorations.

What I mean by the 90% dependent on C&D EP is that obviously the pet costumes can only be seen with the C&D EP because there is no CAP without C&D installed. All of the items for cats and dogs such as bowls, beds, litter boxes, cat condos and toys are identical functioning items that came with the EP. Then there is all of the bedroom furniture that was seen in the trailer that somehow matches with other sets that were included with C&D. Huh, they are way too matchy-matchy to not feel like they belonged with and should have been included with the EP along with all of these additional cats and dogs items.

The 10% of this pack that is standalone and not dependent on the C&D EP is the rodent, and rodent fever (as the gameplay), and the normal CAS and build/buy items that are not items or content for cats and dogs specifically.

In my opinion, I am disappointed and angry not because some of the items look good or that the chance to have some randomness and consequences wouldn't be awesome, but rather this DLC for DLC concept is a money grab for all of there fanbase.

Simmer 1- Ownes all of the content so far. Since they already paid for C&D, why do they need to pay for the same items twice (cat condo, litter box, pet bed, toys, etc.) More pet clothes? More Swatches for the furniture that came with the EP? Every stuff pack has CAS items and random build/buy objects and decorations included with the "theme", that that is expected.

IMO, this simmer should not have to pay full price because they already paid for most of the items when they bought C&D. The fair price would be $4.99 US dollars (the gameplay and standard CAS and build and buy items) appear to be worth at least half of the pack price.

Simmer 2- Owns the base game, a couple of GP's, and a few SP's, but not the C&D EP. Since they don't have C&D, there is no CAP for the pet costumes, so this player would not even see these. Well, they like Simmer 1, would get the standard CAS/Build/Buy items, however, all of the cats and dogs specific objects are decoration only.

IMO, this Simmer should not have to pay full price either, because as I said about simmer 1 paying twice for the same objects (just different swatches and parts of sets that came with the C&D EP), Simmer 2 should also not have to pay extra for items that rely on another DLC to be fully functional.

In both cases, because this stuff pack is so heavily dependent on Cats and Dog's EP, the standard Stuff Pack Price is equally overcharging both Simmer's who own and Simmer's who don't own the EP and choose to purchase this stuff pack.

I am guilty of being in the Simmer 1 situation. The way this pack is being marketed just seems like a slap in the face. My disappointment is not about how the items look or judging the gameplay, it's about feeling kinda lied too?scammed?
    IDK

• Options
    scoed1227scoed1227 Posts: 145 Member
    Yes.
    I am buying this pack. With it I can have a giant rabid hamster ghost sim. That right there sold me. Who doesn't want to play as a giant rabid ghost. Or better yet a a cursed evil giant vampiric half-alien rabid hamster ghost. The very thought of this very random thing being possible is a huge selling point. I love new life states and while technically giant rabid hamster ghost is just a new skin on an existing life state, it is close enough for me.

I am excited for this pack. B)
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    No.
    Yes, life is short so I will not buy this pack and get an program that is worth buying such as the new Battletech that is coming.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes.
    If you're angry at EA you should get angry for the right thing, and stop accusing them of being lazy. Oh no, they're working very hard indeed here.

It's important to remember that the MFP pack is aimed specifically at people who own Cats&Dogs. It's not like EA doesn't want you to own that pack, thereby giving you less usable stuff.

They are asking a question - "Did enough people buy C&D that will buy an expansion to an expansion? If so, we can release lots more pets stuff this way. We can use this as the way we give them their minor pets rather than many in a single Game Pack." If not, they won't - but then again we might never get any more minor pets. It's hard enough to get EA to reskin a T-Shirt for free. It really was too soon for this pack. They couldn't even wait another quarter?

There's no need to say the Sims is ruined forever or threaten to never buy another pack. The question isn't "Is this pack worth it without Cats&Dogs?" It's not even aimed at people without C&D and clearly won't be, and the best thing you can do is warn people of this. The question is, "Is it worth it WITH Cats&Dogs?"
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Kathy090660Kathy090660 Posts: 813 Member
    Yes.
    Yes, I can't wait to give my sim kids a hamster.
    newsims4siggg_zps62d6d1ba.png

A Rainbow is a promise of God
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    Yes.
    they had me at pygmy hedgehogs
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,920 Member
    edited March 2018
    Yes.
    I have OCD for Sims Packs like some Simmers have for collecting sim objects. I've probably spent more than the rest of you as I have bought everything from The Sims to today at premium prices, plus all the guidebooks available. The game is my "Guilty Pleasure" (like uk's Stephen Fry reads Georgette Heyer historical romances), as I would be considered too old for such things by my peer age group.

I'll probably (very likely) buy this too but @EA, @SimGuruGraham maybe us, too loyal folk could get a free pack sometimes?

• Options
    Wildpawswolfie7Wildpawswolfie7 Posts: 6 New Member
    No.
    It seems like it might be an ok stuff pack for people who love hamsters, although I definitely don't plan on buying it when it's first released. I might buy it in a few months when it's on sale, in my opinion it looks like it's really lacking. Hamsters, a few new pet clothes, paw prints? I love pet clothes, I'm not really into hamsters. Not trying to sound cliche, but I feel like some of this stuff should have been included with cats and dogs to begin with. Remember Sims 3 pets? That was a wonderful expansion, I admit I do love Sims 4 pets much more than Sims 3 pets but when it comes to content Sims 3 pets had hamsters, squirrels, birds, pygmy hedgehogs, chipmunks, snakes, terrariums for them. ect. They even had horses and a riding skill. It would be lovely if this hamsters pack implemented all those other minor pets. I also wish there was a feature for you to hire dog walkers to walk your dogs with you if you have more dogs than sims to walk them, and for dogs to sit in chairs. Anyway lol I would buy it very fast if they added just a couple cute features like that.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Yes.
    Simburian wrote: »
    I have OCD for Sims Packs like some Simmers have for collecting sim objects. I've probably spent more than the rest of you as I have bought everything from The Sims to today at premium prices, plus all the guidebooks available. The game is my "Guilty Pleasure" (like uk's Stephen Fry reads Georgette Heyer historical romances), as I would be considered too old for such things by my peer age group.

I'll probably (very likely) buy this too but @EA, @SimGuruGraham maybe us, too loyal folk could get a free pack sometimes?

Ha ha don't feel bad, I'm pretty much the same. Only exception for me would be the guide books, I only bought two of those.
  • Options
    RyanNockRyanNock Posts: 8 New Member
    No.
    > @TheGoodOldGamer said:
    > Yup. Got ideas for a pet shop floating in my head already.

You can't sell rodents in shops btw just the cage
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I don't know yet. I don't really put clothes on the pets.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,422 Member
    No.
    No ferrets, no money from me.
    I'm glad there are no ferrets in this stuff pack. If anything, they belong in a GP or an EP given that they're not pets you can keep in a cage all day.

True, which is why I was really hoping EA would branch out with their Pets EP for the Sims 4. But we all see that didnt happen.
  • Options
    BooV7227BooV7227 Posts: 282 Member
    No.
    No I will not, unless it goes 50% off (for my daughter's sake), but Stuff packs never go that low anymore, so still most likely no.

It feels like a scam. Where are the birds!? The small reptiles? Are we going to get separate stuff packs for them too?

I would have considered a fleshed out GP for small pets (I love the effort that goes into the GPs) that didn't add more clothes and wasn't tied to the EP in any way.
    But if they are going to give us the rest of the Pets piecemeal in SPs with these moments of "oh are you SURE you don't want the EP? there's all this extra 'stuff' in this little pack that you could be using, that you can almost taste, don't you want to access everything you paid for?", then I'm not playing along with them. That's dirty tactics.
    tCTe03l.png
  • Options
    RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    edited March 2018
    No.
    I'm going to go one step further and say that I wouldn't have even considered a small pets game pack acceptable either. If they could put a large variety of small pets in the Sims 3 expansion pack as well as horses then there's absolutely no reason why they couldn't have done the same here. If anything they should've added more pets than the Sims 3 (or more activities to do with the pets), after all that was the trend for the first three games. Each Pets EP either added more pets than the last or more to do with your pets. This is the first one that's not even matched the quality of the previous one. It's a downgrade.